Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how to show that it was Future Barry they gave him the hair of a 15 year old that shops at hot topic. Also Future HR being a sex machine writer was awesome.

So Savitar is somehow Robbie Amel right? That's why Caitlyn is so quick to trust him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Imagine watching 10 seasons of The Flash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nooneofconsequence posted:

Imagine watching 10 seasons of The Flash.

One season feels like 10.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Finally caught up to last week's episode.

It was fairly cool how they showed us a darkest timeline with freaking robot hands Cisco. I didn't really buy Mirror Master and the Top being the terrors of Central City. I did appreciate MM's expanded use of his mirror powers, hopefully they keep developing that. The Top was still one note and the fact that it was all solved with a "press button to defeat villains" machine was super lame. Barry should have just brought that back to the past so he could instantly defeat every villain of the week and in the first 5 minutes of any ep.

twistedmentat posted:

I like how to show that it was Future Barry they gave him the hair of a 15 year old that shops at hot topic.

I actually really liked Hot Topic hair Barry, mostly because in my head they were lampshading his mopiness the past few seasons by dialing it to 11. "This is what will happen if you keep acting like this".

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Guy A. Person posted:

I actually really liked Hot Topic hair Barry, mostly because in my head they were lampshading his mopiness the past few seasons by dialing it to 11. "This is what will happen if you keep acting like this".

We can dream...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Savitar gonna be Eddie and it'll own

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Savitar is the president.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

His hair reminded me of Spiderman 3.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

Savitar is the president.

SAVITAR *click*

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I like how to show that it was Future Barry they gave him the hair of a 15 year old that shops at hot topic. Also Future HR being a sex machine writer was awesome.

So Savitar is somehow Robbie Amel right? That's why Caitlyn is so quick to trust him.

Yeah, Ronnie Raymond as Savitar is the only way I can see Caitlyn/Killer Frost trusting him so quickly and without reservation.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, Ronnie Raymond as Savitar is the only way I can see Caitlyn/Killer Frost trusting him so quickly and without reservation.

what if Savitar is Caitlyn

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Savitar is Kyle Gallner.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

what if Savitar is Caitlyn

:psypop:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Has any of the D.C. shows had main female villains. I can't think of any.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Does Lillian Luthor count?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Does Iris qualify? At least for this season as she has become an plot object, Chekhov's gun and not a person at all.

They need to cross over with Legends of Tomorrow so that Iris is killed by a Viking Dinosaur riding a smaller dinosaur on a motorcycle with Rip's future revolver.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Supergirl has had both Lillian Luthor and Astra Zor El. And a ton of recurring and one-shot villains.
Arrow's had a bunch of secondary/recurring female villains like Ravager, Black Siryn, Talia and Nyssa Al Ghul, and Huntress but no main villains.
Flash's first recurring female villain of any kind of significance is arguably Killer Frost. I can't think of any other besides like toss away ones like The Top.
Legends nothing, but in fairness they have no original villains and a fairly small rogues gallery.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And for Supergirl there's the Daximite Queen whatsherface.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Supergirl has had both Lillian Luthor and Astra Zor El. And a ton of recurring and one-shot villains.
Arrow's had a bunch of secondary/recurring female villains like Ravager, Black Siryn, Talia and Nyssa Al Ghul, and Huntress but no main villains.
Flash's first recurring female villain of any kind of significance is arguably Killer Frost. I can't think of any other besides like toss away ones like The Top.
Legends nothing, but in fairness they have no original villains and a fairly small rogues gallery.

Legends briefly had Vandal Savage's daughter for a couple of back to back episodes, but then she turned good thanks to the power of Snart's penis and then was erased from existence after the team triple killed her dad before she was even born.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Lillian Luthor isn't a villian* though.

*not till season 3... probably

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Smallville had Lutessa Luthor as a villain and then as an antihero for a while.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Burning_Monk posted:

Lillian Luthor isn't a villian* though.

*not till season 3... probably

Lillian Luthor is the leader of Cadmus and very much a villain

Lena Luthor isn't a villain...yet.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

howe_sam posted:

drat, all these Luthor's are confusing! Back in my day we had ONE, and he was bald.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Lena is probably going to end up running Checkmate actually.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is there like anything to that besides the vague chess link?

Like, it was my thought after that episode too and it would make sense but I haven't actually seen the show do anything to support the theory.

edit: gently caress! WE'RE NOT IN THE SUPERGIRL THREAD! THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

STAC Goat posted:

Is there like anything to that besides the vague chess link?

Like, it was my thought after that episode too and it would make sense but I haven't actually seen the show do anything to support the theory.

edit: gently caress! WE'RE NOT IN THE SUPERGIRL THREAD! THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Just merge all the threads. It happens anyway.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Just merge all the threads. It happens anyway.

Crisis on Infinite Threads?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Alter Ego posted:

Yep, if it was another Barry (who i'd call Berry because we have Barry regular, Other Barry Earth 2 and Future Barry emo kid), I doubt she'd accept his help this quickly.

If he is back from the Dead that would be a good opportunity to bring Constantine back, or just as good, Introduce Dr Fate.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Do we know anything about Caitlin's dad? Could Savitar be her dad?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Bruceski posted:

And for Supergirl there's the Daximite Queen whatsherface.

Lois Lane

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They're real, and they're spectacular.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

They're real, and they're spectacular.

Judging by what she's done to her face, i'd be afraid to see them these days.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bentacos posted:

Do we know anything about Caitlin's dad? Could Savitar be her dad?

I don't think it's been confirmed that she has a dad

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dammit, I wanted to post that. :argh:

RedDevil
Jul 29, 2006

SHO NUFF
I am Savitar.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I'm pretty sure that Savitar did reveal himself to Caitlin as Ronnie, and they'll spend the next episode tricking her and the audience into thinking that's his real identity, but it will turn out to be a ploy to get her trust and he was just appearing in Ronnie's form as a projection (the same way he appeared to Cisco as his brother and other people as their deceased loved ones.) And then they'll gently caress around for another episode or two before revealing Savitar's ACTUAL identity.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

twistedmentat posted:

I hope it's Grodd, just packed into that thing like the Men in Black alien i nthe Edgar Suit

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bbf2 posted:

I'm pretty sure that Savitar did reveal himself to Caitlin as Ronnie, and they'll spend the next episode tricking her and the audience into thinking that's his real identity, but it will turn out to be a ploy to get her trust and he was just appearing in Ronnie's form as a projection (the same way he appeared to Cisco as his brother and other people as their deceased loved ones.) And then they'll gently caress around for another episode or two before revealing Savitar's ACTUAL identity.

Savitar is the Smoke Monster? Though that makes complete sense.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Yeah, it's gonna be loving hilarious if they don't actually reveal his (or her) identity tonight. :getin:

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think it's been confirmed that she has a dad

You're right! She was probably artificially gestated and born from a goat. That seems more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah, it's gonna be loving hilarious if they don't actually reveal his (or her) identity tonight. :getin:

If they don't follow through on revealing Savitar' identity I will...be very cross :mad:

• Locked thread