Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was looking through the P3 character designs to see if unfortunate bangs was consistent or just Fuuka and got reminded that Aigis wore a loving ammo vest in FES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope that they age all the characters appropriately, no time warp hijinks.

Man, Mitsuru and Akihiko will be pretty anime old by then, what, late 20s?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Look according to canon persona -the trinity- lore, when you get old you lose your persona

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Man, Mitsuru and Akihiko will be pretty anime old by then, what, late 20s?

Old enough for the anime retirement home, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OneDeadman posted:

Look according to canon persona -the trinity- lore, when you get old you lose your persona
then what about the entire cast of persona 2, and also adachi

also takaya is like mid-20s

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please refer to him as revolver jesus

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Endorph posted:

then what about the entire cast of persona 2, and also adachi

also takaya is like mid-20s

Look they needed some excuse to make Ken the only important person for some godforsaken reason and that was the easiest

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

OneDeadman posted:

love to trust the anime that takes place in alternate universe and not the man in his mid 30s with the power of the Wild Card from three games ago

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 1, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Saint Freak posted:

Please refer to him as revolver jesus

:ocelot:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
man this is a bunch of friggin bullshit, why can't I put all my decorations up at once. Whats even the point of collecting all this poo poo if I cant put my chocolate fountain and my model sky tower up at the same time

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Can someone put in a spoiler what the date of the final "full" day for doing social links etc is? No other information please.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can someone put in a spoiler what the date of the final "full" day for doing social links etc is? No other information please.

12/23

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

man this is a bunch of friggin bullshit, why can't I put all my decorations up at once. Whats even the point of collecting all this poo poo if I cant put my chocolate fountain and my model sky tower up at the same time

Woah woah woah

How do you get a model sky tower

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

Woah woah woah

How do you get a model sky tower

By going to the Sky Tower?

I think I got it from going there with Futaba; I could be misremembering though.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
nah you need to take chihaya.

heres a guide, its translated or something so the names don't exactly match. ( ie it says take makoto to the aqueduct, but it means suidobashi.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VVauHKAfU6HXDtVfhdWk7VwW7kAS2C0c2mCSqAu2ud0/edit

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

nah you need to take chihaya.

heres a guide, its translated or something so the names don't exactly match. ( ie it says take makoto to the aqueduct, but it means suidobashi.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VVauHKAfU6HXDtVfhdWk7VwW7kAS2C0c2mCSqAu2ud0/edit

Ah cool, thanks.

Still bs that gifts don't carry over to NG+

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Those requirements definitely aren't comprehensive; I got the king piece from Hifumi even though I never romanced her, for example.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This is wrong. It's 12/22.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dragonatrix posted:

This is wrong. It's 12/22.

I'm not going to say which ones unless TheOneAndOnlyT really wants to know, but some social links have an earlier cutoff than that.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The game was really really cool. I have a list of qualms but the positive far outweigh the negative.

Problems (which has spoilers for sure)

Haru - Had no huge bearing in story besides my dad died, which was not only Futaba's thing but hers was done better, in the same game no less. She felt very replaceable and like Fuuka Part 2. Who is another character I didn't care for.

Dungeon 5- Jesus poo poo, everything was just unfun here, and a drag. I did it in 1 ingame day but even the boss and the hunger gimmick for his big almighty attack SUCKED DICK, especially since confidants heal status conditions between rounds based on luck and rank. ugh, and then you have Haru's POS dad undo debuffs on the turn you need to guard to not die. and in hard even guarding was still dying.

Dungeon 7- Bland for the first half. Angel part in normal city should have been extended and been main dungeon slapping in metatron and sandpolhpon etc.

The ending felt weird considering, I'm assuming here, possibly hard(?) the universe of 3 4 and 5 are combined. 3 & 4 thanks to p4A. The rise posters all over, linking this to 4, unless its alt reality Rise all over those posters. So Erebus, coming around again more or less feels eh. It was fun to play but meh. I liked it in the very end, but eh. i understand the message may be human desire will never stop yadda, but umm. Thats why we died in p3. Right? And elizabeths trying to save us. Unless she succeeded.

Catching on to the pancake and bitching about it until someone in game mentioned it was hilarious to me, because instead of being shocked i just shouted FINALLY.

I have other things to say, not all negative but can't remember right now.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Harrow posted:

I'm starting to think I should've used Ann more in the endgame, especially for the final boss. I used Haru most of the time, but honestly being able to buy Physical/Magical Ointments sorta dulls the usefulness of her having Tetrakarn and Makarakarn, and Heat Riser isn't that great anyway. Haru's an awesome random battle sweeper with Triple Down but Ann's Concentrate -> Burning Hell is probably better for boss fights.

late but holy poo poo yes you should have.
She's strongest character besides you, bar none.

Auto-mataru MC, Concentrate Ann, Amp + Boost + Her last Skill , everything in game takes 4 digits of damage to, usually tilting closer to 2K.

Tetra and Makara were useless because the one time I used them, I forget which enemy, just used almighty attackes on me instead.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

But Erebus didn't come back around again, it's just a different god with a different evil goal, Erebus wants to use Nyx to end the world, where this particular God wants to control humanity. Nyx Falls because humanity shows it no longer wishes to survive. Yaldabaoth shows up because humanity no longer wishes to think for itself.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

p4 doesnt have any actual caucasians but teddie looks white.

actually it's kind of weird that teddie grew a white dude's body when he was hanging out with nothing but japanese dudes and was made by a japanese deity

I thought he was like the Velvet room attendants as they all have unnatural eye/hair colors. Also, I once watched a anime where everyone had black/brown hair with similar haircuts and I had no idea who each person was despite them all having famous VAs.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

But Erebus didn't come back around again, it's just a different god with a different evil goal, Erebus wants to use Nyx to end the world, where this particular God wants to control humanity. Nyx Falls because humanity shows it no longer wishes to survive. Yaldabaoth shows up because humanity no longer wishes to think for itself.

The last part isn't true though. Yaldabaoth thinks that humanity no longer wants to think for itself, and considering the fact that even when he rigged the game everything still almost fell apart for him it is quite clear that he was wrong.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

I guess I didn't think of either as gods, they're named after them but they are both humanity's desires personified. One wants to use nyx to end the world, one wants to help everyone stop thinking. Also people were disappearing and the world literally turning to bones and blood was giving strong SMT end of world vibes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

The last part isn't true though. Yaldabaoth thinks that humanity no longer wants to think for itself, and considering the fact that even when he rigged the game everything still almost fell apart for him it is quite clear that he was wrong.

Yaldabaoth and Izanami both gave off the impression of claiming to do what humanity wanted but really just using those warped desires as an excuse to fulfill their own goals, whatever the cost.

Yaldabaoth isn't even as gracious about loss as Izanami was, the tosser.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Also p3 and p3 fes still win on best final boss music with battle for everyone's souls and darkness, respectively.
That boss was still endlessly dramatic, but cool (p3)

also the final boss here was clear as hell inspired by nyx, at least on the whole phrases before revealing a new gimmick, I thought it was a cute call back, especially when the book is revealed and Morgana's all, "ITS GOT... A BOOK...! BE CAREFUL"

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 2, 2017

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Oxxidation posted:

Yaldabaoth and Izanami both gave off the impression of claiming to do what humanity wanted but really just using those warped desires as an excuse to fulfill their own goals, whatever the cost.

I caught that, too, and I thought it was pretty appropriate for both P4 and P5, given the themes. Izanami kind of graciously says "As long as there are people like you in the world, then humanity deserves its freedom", whereas Yaldabaoth says "gently caress YOU I'M GOD THIS ISN'T loving FAIR" and then you shoot him in the face.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

OneDeadman posted:

That entire anime was a mistake and I wish I could get the hrs wasted watching it because I liked Persona.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alder posted:

I thought he was like the Velvet room attendants as they all have unnatural eye/hair colors. Also, I once watched a anime where everyone had black/brown hair with similar haircuts and I had no idea who each person was despite them all having famous VAs.
junpei's reaction upon seeing teddie out of his suit is "Woah, a white guy!?' so i assume that he also has caucasian features if you imagine all the characters as realistic looking people

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

If I remember correctly her only real anger was that she considered the game already over with humanity having earned the right to continue going on.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

I caught that, too, and I thought it was pretty appropriate for both P4 and P5, given the themes. Izanami kind of graciously says "As long as there are people like you in the world, then humanity deserves its freedom", whereas Yaldabaoth says "gently caress YOU I'M GOD THIS ISN'T loving FAIR" and then you shoot him in the face.

then we have p3 which remains the most depressing of the bunch, where elizabeth endlessly kills Erebus letting the p3 MC continue to be what holds nyx from humanity :negative:

if anything it makes p4 and p5's endings weaker, because, those are like tests, with a constant reminder in the background that even through all of this humanity still wishes for the end of the world

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 2, 2017

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

SectumSempra posted:

then we have p3 which remains the most depressing of the bunch, where elizabeth endlessly kills Erebus letting the p3 MC continue to be what holds nyx from humanity :negative:

P5 exceeded the spectacle of P3's ending, but nothing will ever come close to the importance and gravity of P3's ending.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coughing Hobo posted:

P5 exceeded the spectacle of P3's ending, but nothing will ever come close to the importance and gravity of P3's ending.

I am going to have to disagree with that. The endings for P4 and P5 if you lose means that humanity is done for anyway.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Hunt11 posted:

I am going to have to disagree with that. The endings for P4 and P5 if you lose means that humanity is done for anyway.

Sure, but both protagonists walked away alive and healthy from their respective ordeals, not having really sacrificed anything.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I hope the inevitable anime doesn't chose to make the MC somehow unlikable like I felt about what the anime and the material after did to YU and his bro. and Chie.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Coughing Hobo posted:

Nah. I like that 5 doesn't have any accepting your death or seek the truth bullshit, it just has you shoot the source of your problems right in the face.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ROFL Octopus posted:

Nah. I like that 5 doesn't have any accepting your death or seek the truth bullshit, it just has you shoot the source of your problems right in the face.

besides the entire month of finding the truth in the rigged game for like the entire 12 months before hand?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Oxxidation posted:

Izanami, at least to me, came across as genuinely wanting to give humanity what she thought they wanted, but didn't loving understand that actions of one hosed up individual do not reflect the desires of humanity at large. Hence her being upset that you're still fighting back against her after she's already decided the game is over and that Adachi won. Part of it was arrogance, part of it was just not understanding how humanity works despite being an aspect of the collective unconscious.

Yaldabaoth just comes across as an arrogant fuckwad who demands to be bowed down to because he's a god and therefore he obviously knows what's best for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Izanami, at least to me, came across as genuinely wanting to give humanity what she thought they wanted, but didn't loving understand that actions of one hosed up individual do not reflect the desires of humanity at large. Hence her being upset that you're still fighting back against her after she's already decided the game is over and that Adachi won. Part of it was arrogance, part of it was just not understanding how humanity works despite being an aspect of the collective unconscious.

Yaldabaoth just comes across as an arrogant fuckwad who demands to be bowed down to because he's a god and therefore he obviously knows what's best for us.

you also have to consider that there was influence, thats the whole insight behind shido's lackeys saying they were going to do damage control, then everyone forgetting you, which they should have just taken and made a bad ending by the way. It was the desires going on a whim, becoming distorted and then going off on their own based on somewhat of an idea.

also nyx related nyx is in part desire and has izanami's line more or less "Such a pity... You understand fate, yet you still fight against it with all of your will... If more people were like you, then perhaps the Fall could have been prevented... but it's too late now."

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 2, 2017