Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You have to find a bunch of shrines anyway if you want the master sword, which let's face it you do so might as well get the shrines for hearts now. I got the Zora shrine really early but had gotten side tracked and found a bunch of lightning arrows, also got a ton from amiibo drops. After that I went around exploring and getting shrines until I had a second row of hearts and finished off the story.

Stam is super useful so don't neglect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Infinitum posted:

Tumbleseed is out today, in cool countries where it's already the 2nd of May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krTrmFQvsC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0SHWvIOE7Q

I'm a bit trepidatious on it, but it's def a cool concept.

I can't find a single written review or impression anywhere so I'm nervous. I was watching some videos on twitch but it looks like it's on the borderline between tense and infuriating

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Running into a Major Test of Strength shrine fairly early on and getting my rear end kicked, then game planning a bit and finally winning was the most satisfying thing I've done in a game in a while.

And the Guardian++ weapons made me feel much better about using most of mine to finally beat it.

BotW is really loving good

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My GF watched me take on that first Lynel and swooned when my low level self crushed it with my masterful dodging. Felt good.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I hope you got laid after that

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Well he had to carry his printer back home.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Apparently I need to learn how to dodge counter efficiently like some of you, I can parry pretty easily but flurries seem much more helpful in taking down Lynels and such

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I got this charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ZO46LK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This and my included cables are good for the switch right

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
:smuggo:

*cuts a corner on rainbow road*

:shlick:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Calaveron posted:

So I got this charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ZO46LK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This and my included cables are good for the switch right

Yeah I think any C to C is good. It's the normal USB to USB C cables that you gotta worry about being poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah I think any C to C is good. It's the normal USB to USB C cables that you gotta worry about being poo poo.

Ok so I shouldn't charge with the included Anker USB to C charger, only use the one that came bundled with the pro controller

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:smuggo:

*cuts a corner on rainbow road*

:shlick:

I am still irrationally angry they cut up n64 rainbow road and made that downhill portion maglev.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

15 hours of Zelda, most of which has been throwing bombs at monsters and watching them fly off cliffs :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've had no issues charging my Switch with a combination of the iPad charging block and a generic highest rated USB to USB-C cable from Amazon.

Seriously just don't buy poo poo from China and you'll be fine?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Were there any performance issues with Snakepass on Switch? I want a game I can chill out with, and puyo adventure mode dialed it up to 11 too fast for me. I want to get Snakepass but I've heard rumors that there are performance issues later on in the game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've had no issues charging my Switch with a combination of the iPad charging block and a generic highest rated USB to USB-C cable from Amazon.

Seriously just don't buy poo poo from China and you'll be fine?

Why do they gotta make this poo poo so complicated! I just want an on-the-go solution to keeping my expensive electronic charged without running the risk of a cable messing up its internals or making the battery on the charger explode the gently caress up!
So now I gotta carry like a million cables, the included USB to USB C charger to charge the actual charger, the Nintendo brand USB to USB C to charge my console, a regular USB to micro USB to charge any other devices and why not a USB C to USB C because might as loving well

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Were there any performance issues with Snakepass on Switch? I want a game I can chill out with, and puyo adventure mode dialed it up to 11 too fast for me. I want to get Snakepass but I've heard rumors that there are performance issues later on in the game.

The major hitching got patched out like in 3 days. It runs at 30 fps and a lesser resolution from some of the other consoles but the only versions that are at 60 fps are the PS4 Pro/PC versions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's pretty solid 30 fps with some frame pacing issues here and there. It's 30 on all platforms except steam and PS4 pro.

Game is pretty slow paced anyway, framerate never interferes with ability to play.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Calaveron posted:

Ok so I shouldn't charge with the included Anker USB to C charger, only use the one that came bundled with the pro controller

That'll probably be fine man, Anker usually makes good poo poo, they allegedly had some not quite spec cables but got called out on it and fixed it.

I charge with this and an iPad power brick. Works fine, probably won't explode.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerL...TFYXTG0S500585B

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 1, 2017

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

chaleski posted:

Apparently I need to learn how to dodge counter efficiently like some of you, I can parry pretty easily but flurries seem much more helpful in taking down Lynels and such

The timing should be very similar, only added element is recognizing when to backflip or side dodge (sometimes both can work, sometimes only 1 works)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So I'm curious. I've been hearing a lot about Switches bending lately, due to heat or something and I'm wondering how wide spread the issue is.

Has anybody here had this issue? Forgive me if it's been in the thread already, it moves pretty fast.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wanted to ask here to be 100 on it, but is there no way to get a USB-C to HDMI dongle to work with a Switch?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Bum the Sad posted:

That'll probably be fine man, Anker usually makes good poo poo, they allegedly had some not quite spec cables but got called out on it and fixed it.

I charge with this and an iPad power brick. Works fine, probably won't explode.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerL...TFYXTG0S500585B

if you want higher charge speeds you need C to C, bottom line.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Hace posted:

if you want higher charge speeds you need C to C, bottom line.

The anker charger comes with a C to C but I'm all levels of paranoid about using it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

GreatGreen posted:

So I'm curious. I've been hearing a lot about Switches bending lately, due to heat or something and I'm wondering how wide spread the issue is.

Has anybody here had this issue? Forgive me if it's been in the thread already, it moves pretty fast.

Mine's slightly bent on the same side as the guy who posted his and went viral. Not as bad as his, it's hard to tell unless you take a ruler to it.

If played long stretches docked, it gets pretty warm. It's so thin and long (girl) that it's probably just unavoidable.

Still works and docks okay so :shrug:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

GreatGreen posted:

Not one Switch has ever bended from use. Hth

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I keep my switch under a CMU block overnight while it charges to fix any bending caused from me stressfully holding the unit while I yell about goons using all their items on me and knocking me from a close second to dead last.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Got to live the ad this weekend, took my Switch to a party and we all took turns playing MK8D, just like in the commercial. Everyone was clapping and cheering, it was great

Edit: I should note that they were clapping and cheering for the Switch, and, by extension, for me. Thanks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squashing Machine posted:

Got to live the ad this weekend, took my Switch to a party and we all took turns playing MK8D, just like in the commercial. Everyone was clapping and cheering, it was great

Edit: I should note that they were clapping and cheering for the Switch, and, by extension, for me. Thanks

ill clap for u too

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Squashing Machine posted:

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just in case you were wondering:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is like good you guys.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is making me think there is more to the Switch than Zelda.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

Just in case you were wondering:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is like good you guys.

ya

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sitting here making stir-fry and playing MK8 online as I wait for the chicken to finish.

This owns.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beastie posted:

Sitting here making stir-fry and playing MK8 online as I wait for the chicken to finish.

This owns.
The switch makes cooking and pooping way more fun.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'd swapped my pre-order from physical to digital and they told me the physical copy would be canceled when they go to ship it.

Today I found a package from Amazon on my doorstep with a physical copy of MK8DX, so I guess Amazon goofed or otherwise forgot to cancel it. :sigh:

enojy posted:

200cc is still so stupid. Even gimping my speed as much as I can with a baby character and tons of braking, it's just too fast for these course layouts. At least full cups are over in like under 5 minutes so I can keep replaying them and hope I don't get spamfucked by items the next time.

I made the mistake of trying to powerslide in 200cc instead of just doing normal turns while braking and yeah same. 200cc is some crazy poo poo.

deadly_pudding posted:

You're supposed to run around picking up his trash arrows and then jump off, yeah. It took me a few trips. Lynels can't be fought unless:
You're later in the game and have a really powerful bow and the upgraded Stasis Rune, or you're like a supernatural prodigy at dodging attacks. Uh, and even then in the latter case you're likely to break all your weapons before he runs out of HP.

I never tried with that one in particular, but in general Lynels won't attack you if you don't have a weapon drawn, though they'll draw theirs and wait for you to make a wrong move.

I figured out the timing for dodging their sword swings shortly before I beat the game and I'm thinking of going on a Lynel murdering spree after I get a bunch of 30+ atk 1handed weapons. Especially if I got after a white lynel because holy sweet jesus they have a ton of HP (but their weapon/shield/bow drops are amazing). Got the barbarian set too so I can just go all offense to make them dead ASAP.

enojy posted:

There's no mandated order, but to make traveling as carefree as possible, Vah Ruta (Zora) and Vah Medoh (Rito) are the best to hit first.

The Gerudo one was by far the hardest boss fight in the game because I only had metal shields/weapons and when they tap in to the speedforce dodging their attacks was next to impossible no matter when I made a move.

Glad I had the Master Sword for that fight because when I could actually get an attack in I tore through them. Also the powerup from that divine beast seems to stun other divine beast bosses, Lynels, and possibly Ganon so it's crazy, crazy good when you can use it.

Jimmy Hats posted:

You can actually kill that first lynel with him not seeing you by climbing one of the rocks and popping him in the back of the head with arrows and hiding when he turns your way

I would say Zora first simply because nearby shrines are where you find all the pieces of climbing gear

I managed to miss the shrine with the headgear because I went exploring and didn't follow the roads. Only got it after beating the game. Still haven't picked up the leg piece for the set.

chaleski posted:

As someone else said, abuse the cooking system in BotW, it's pretty much required for much of the early game. That, finding and upgrading armor especially the soldier armor from hateno village , and making sure you have a few fairies stocked up from the great fairies fountain removed a lot of the frustration of getting one-shot for me

Hearty Durians. Find them, farm them, cook them 5 at a time if you need a shitload of hearts. You can get a dozen or so from trees by one of the south(east?) towers. There's a pair of enemies you need to deal with but they're only lizards and not too much of a problem. You can take them out with a bow if need be.

pixaal posted:

You have to find a bunch of shrines anyway if you want the master sword, which let's face it you do so might as well get the shrines for hearts now. I got the Zora shrine really early but had gotten side tracked and found a bunch of lightning arrows, also got a ton from amiibo drops. After that I went around exploring and getting shrines until I had a second row of hearts and finished off the story.

Stam is super useful so don't neglect it.

Get shrines for stamina then worry about hearts. Stamina is more important than hearts that aren't going to keep you from being one-hit murdered by that dragonbone club wielding bokoblin. :colbert:

Plus if you need a bunch of hearts: Hearty Durian x5 cooks in to all you need.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Switch makes cooking dangerous because I ignore the timer and preheat the oven for 2 hours

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beastie posted:

This owns.

The Wii U Gamepad was essentially the same thing but It feels awesome to know I can take this anywhere and play

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My 4 year old is so gosh darn excited by the new Mario Kart that I had to get this because it was really not that much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7NvGdANFM

And it's very cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Calaveron posted:

The anker charger comes with a C to C but I'm all levels of paranoid about using it

the c to c connection is way safer than a to c. a lot of generic a to c cables have poo poo resistors in them and can damage your things. google benson leung

• Locked thread