Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Fellbat posted:

All of Arnie's commentary's are basically 'THIS IS THE THING ON THE SCREEN I'M DOING' and it's great every time, especially the conan one where the other guy is weird pervo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBhE8JOcLE

Edit: Bonus this reminded me of fave commentary ever, on the bitches leave scene from Robocop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rrZeTH9HI

Ahahaha "that's a wrap on the bitches"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm embarrassed I haven't watched more commentary tracks now.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

The Futurama episode commentaries are great too. It's a bunch of the writers/ directors and usually some of the voice cast, they joke around and tell stories and bitch about Fox cancelling the show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtMulYBE-m0

Brian Blessed is also amazing in commentaries.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I wish there was an option on Netflix/Amazon streaming to watch movies with commentary. I'm bummed at the prospect of commentary tracks and other special features going away altogether one day due to the death of physical media.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

powerful sex moves posted:

I wish there was an option on Netflix/Amazon streaming to watch movies with commentary. I'm bummed at the prospect of commentary tracks and other special features going away altogether one day due to the death of physical media.

This has already happened a bunch. LD releases of a lot of movies had commentaries or other special features that were absent from later releases.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really don't see why (or understand why they haven't already) just built that poo poo into netflix or what not. Just have a little button for commentary if available.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

iTunes has extras for a lot of their movies, some times including commentaries. Microsoft's store now has some as well.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Evil Dead commentaries w Raimi and Bruce are the poo poo.

Also that Jack-O commentary, which I used to think was fake, but now not so much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_bFkvtYAg&t=4480s

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

drat that Schwarzenegger commentary is amazing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Commentaries are really the only extras I miss from physical media, there are lots of good ones.

Roger Ebert did a few, Citizen Kane, Dark City and a few others and they were interesting listens.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Dsmif posted:

The Futurama episode commentaries are great too. It's a bunch of the writers/ directors and usually some of the voice cast, they joke around and tell stories and bitch about Fox cancelling the show.

Most of them are as good as the episodes, in my opinion.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Billy West, in character as Fry, commenting on what a terrible job he did with the particular VO.. Best is when they have him and Maurice LaMarche.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i saw gotg2 and enjoyed it and had a good time eating popcorn, i hope my movie-senpais like it too :ohdear:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Clawtopsy posted:

i saw gotg2 and enjoyed it and had a good time eating popcorn, i hope my movie-senpais like it too :ohdear:

How was it in comparison to the first one? Better or worse?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

I'm a bit biased on this one. I think it's fair to say they're both enjoyable films, but it's a bit of an odd comparison. The first GotG was the best Star Wars film since Empire, and the new one is much more about it's own mythos. Yondu steals the show, and the villain is possibly one of the most enjoyable in Marvel films so far, and has much more to him than generic evil motivation plus sky laser.

Lots of good character moments for Rocket, Yondu, Star-Lord, and Gamora. However, Drax does suffer from becoming a bit of a joke character, as opposed to his character in the original. There's some fresh and nice jokes, and the visuals in terms of colour and stylization are much more adventurous than your typical Marvel fare.

e: Mantis was a bit under-written, but on some level I'm glad some characters got a bit sidelined as there's so many that if everyone had equal focus it would feel too disjointed.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 2, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dsmif posted:

if we're mentioning TV shows, then the Venture Bros commentary tracks are basically all gold.

Also, someone mentioned Carpenter and Kurt Russel. Those tracks are awesome, especially the one for The Thing.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Clawtopsy posted:

I'm a bit biased on this one. I think it's fair to say they're both enjoyable films, but it's a bit of an odd comparison. The first GotG was the best Star Wars film since Empire, and the new one is much more about it's own mythos. Yondu steals the show, and the villain is possibly one of the most enjoyable in Marvel films so far, and has much more to him than generic evil motivation plus sky laser.

Lots of good character moments for Rocket, Yondu, Star-Lord, and Gamora. However, Drax does suffer from becoming a bit of a joke character, as opposed to his character in the original. There's some fresh and nice jokes, and the visuals in terms of colour and stylization are much more adventurous than your typical Marvel fare.

e: Mantis was a bit under-written, but on some level I'm glad some characters got a bit sidelined as there's so many that if everyone had equal focus it would feel too disjointed.

mantis and drax were the best . Mantis was adorable :3:

also blue mohawk man, was, indeed, cool

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Did someone recommend the RLM Phantom Menace commentary in this thread? Because it loving sucks. You know how you can't recommend the prequel youtube videos to people because they've got a bunch of terrible jokes about killing hookers? Like 15 minutes in, and this commentary seems to be entirely Mr. Plinkett digressions about killing hookers or putting cats in washing machines or loving nemodians. It's awful.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

But but but.. killing hookers is hilarious! It's not like they have souls

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
email my webzone for a pizza roll

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Phantom Menace commentary is really funny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I also saw GOTG2 yesterday. I "liked" it a lot more than the first one, which I thought was just a slightly better Avengers rehash.
It doesn't need to set up stuff so it gets straight to the action but after a while you realise that there's ZERO plot and it's just a series of scenes designed to get from set piece to set piece.
Which is fine! It's all nonsense anyway. It has a good sci fi aesthetic.

Kurt Russell hams it to the extreme which is always good.
Michael Rooker gets a lot of screen time, also always good.

The insufferable 80s references remain but it seems like they toned them back a bit. Every time a character mentions mix tapes my eyes rolled back into my skull.

Overall it was one of the better marvel movies to watch but had zero memorable/amazing scenes or moments.

On the scale of Endless Trash to Iron Man 3, I'd say it's somewhere in the middle.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

This... this is art. I subscribed to the channel immediately.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

priznat posted:

But but but.. killing hookers is hilarious! It's not like they have souls

You gotta use the low-odour raid, it's the one in the blue can. you'll need about three

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Did someone recommend the RLM Phantom Menace commentary in this thread? Because it loving sucks. You know how you can't recommend the prequel youtube videos to people because they've got a bunch of terrible jokes about killing hookers? Like 15 minutes in, and this commentary seems to be entirely Mr. Plinkett digressions about killing hookers or putting cats in washing machines or loving nemodians. It's awful.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the jokes.

Wait no i'm not.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

You know how you can't recommend the prequel youtube videos to people because they've got a bunch of terrible jokes about killing hookers?

????????????????

Who the gently caress are you?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

What are the best commentary tracks? I need something new to watch.

i've listened to almost all of the RLM ones and I don't remember any of them being particularly great, they're all just ok. I'd say just pick whichever movie you want to watch the most.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
This commentary chat is great. That's a wrap for the bitches~

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the thing that's weird to me about their commentary tracks is a lot of the time they won't know stuff about the movies. i'm a huge movie nerd so i know too much useless poo poo but you'd think if you're gonna record yourselves talking about a movie for 2 hours you'd know everything about it. i still enjoy em tho.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Groovelord Neato posted:

the thing that's weird to me about their commentary tracks is a lot of the time they won't know stuff about the movies. i'm a huge movie nerd so i know too much useless poo poo but you'd think if you're gonna record yourselves talking about a movie for 2 hours you'd know everything about it. i still enjoy em tho.

In the Aliens vs Predator commentary Mike talks about how he thought it was pretty clear that the spaceship they find in Alien was built by the Aliens

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

one of the mailboxes for my new apartment building is labeled r. evans

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

one of the mailboxes for my new apartment building is labeled r. evans

You live by Robert Evans?

The kid stays in the picture!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bruce Jenner looking good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bruce Jenner looking good

Whatever happened to that guy? You never hear about him anymore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kim Kardashian ran him over

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I heard johnny depp was in a rough spot but I had no idea

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arcsquad12 posted:

god, that was amazing. i love how loving happy he is about just being in the movie and talking about weird poo poo in such a jolly way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god, that was amazing. i love how loving happy he is about just being in the movie and talking about weird poo poo in such a jolly way.

If you listen to his autobiography Flash Gordon was one of his favourite comics growing up, so there's a genuine love for the material, much like how Samuel L. Jackson was so pumped to be in the Star Wars prequels. Warms the heart :allears:

• Locked thread