Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cnidario posted:

Yeah, I'm not optimistic.

Honestly A&M's inexplicable inability to win against LSU has been main consolation for having to watch the late Les Miles offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Despite his lack of success at Arkansas so far, I think Bert is pretty good coach, and I don't get why TFF has always hated him so much.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

big money big clit posted:

They were killing our SoS so we had to drop them and pick up an FCS opponent to fix it.

That'd be a good burn if LSU didn't schedule teams Tulane beats or could hire a better coach than Tulane currently has. I just don't understand why people from LSU wouldn't want to go to the best city in the state.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

General Dog posted:

Despite his lack of success at Arkansas so far, I think Bert is pretty good coach, and I don't get why TFF has always hated him so much.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spacebump posted:

That'd be a good burn if LSU didn't schedule teams Tulane beats or could hire a better coach than Tulane.

LSU could roll out a ham sandwich as head coach and still beat Tulane, which they basically did through the 80s and 90s.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

LSU could roll out a ham sandwich as head coach and still beat Tulane, which they basically did through the 80s and 90s.

By the end of Fritz era Tulane year 2, LSU will never be able to beat them until he is gone. That's the real reason they won't reschedule. If they qualify for the same bowl, LSU will ask the SEC to put them in another bowl.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

vyst posted:

LSU is also the only team to get their asses handed to them in a road game in their own stadium really making it a home game because they were too much of a pussy to come to a mutual understanding with Florida

https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/855958878395281408

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

By the end of Fritz era Tulane year 2, LSU will never be able to beat them until he is gone. That's the real reason they won't reschedule. If they qualify for the same bowl, LSU will ask the SEC to put them in another bowl.

Lmfao we're talking about Tulane secret powerhouse

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

Lmfao we're talking about Tulane secret powerhouse

Don't look now but they just had as the same amount of players drafted to the NFL as Texas and Georgia. Wait until Fritz (one of the best win %s in CFB history) gets the team rolling. They play in a conference tougher than the Big 12. Notice Houston beat the Big 12 champions and could only get 6th in mighty American conference.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 30, 2017

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They were killing our SoS so we had to drop them and pick up an FCS opponent to fix it.

Congratulations on squeaking out a win over a bad LSU team to earn the right to get embarrassed by Alabama. I'm certain you can ride that momentum to another season of offensive embarrassment and, hell, maybe another SEC championship embarrassment.

Don't be mad because your pussy AD is a human piece of poo poo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

vyst posted:

That seems like a pretty good reason to be mad though?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Don't look now but they just had as the same amount of players drafted to the NFL as Texas and Georgia. Wait until Fritz (one of the best win %s in CFB history) gets the team rolling. They play in a conference tougher than the Big 12. Notice Houston beat the Big 12 champions and could only get 6th in mighty American conference.

I can't tell of this is a sicc troll or sheer insanity

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Metapod posted:

I can't tell of this is a sicc troll or sheer insanity

Half insanity, half the American has been a better conference than the Big 12 for two years straight

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

vyst posted:

Nobody with a brain is disputing that about joe alleva.

Though both North Carolina teams played in hurricane so...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

I am probably his biggest fan here but he is a gigantic rear end in a top hat

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Emmitt Smith's kid is playing high school ball now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDPRepCUFmw

:smith: getting old

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don't worry about how old we are ya'll

we'll always have this bizarre corner of the the internet where we can grow old bitching about the nfl together.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

pillsburysoldier posted:

Emmitt Smith's kid is playing high school ball now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDPRepCUFmw

:smith: getting old

I mean Fred Taylor's son already went to Florida

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

Please, take him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

the mean lunch lady posted:

I mean Fred Taylor's son already went to Florida

Yeah, I would've assumed Emmitt's kids were done.

I stopped following recruiting as hard, but when Kelvin committed I did a huge double take.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA tailback Elijah Holyfield arrested for "possession and use of drug related objects, and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana" which nets him up for a one game suspension. He was already pretty buried on the depth chart due to injury last year as well as Chubb & Michel coming back. During the UGA Spring game, he was mainly with the second team, and we have Swift (which is a top tier name for a runningback) coming in the summer, so it might be tough for him to get some reps depending on how stuff shakes out.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
What good stuff to do in Nashville on a Thursday or Friday?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

walk around until you find a bar playing music and get drunk

it won't take long.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

See above but go to ACME, they have a pretty sweet rooftop.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

eat a whole fuckin' lot of hot chicken

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
we offered a kicker named Dicker

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Thermos H Christ posted:

we offered a kicker named Dicker

There has to be a rap lyric in there somewhere.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

DJExile posted:

eat a whole fuckin' lot of hot chicken

I was planning on it, but is there somewhere that has the best?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I was planning on it, but is there somewhere that has the best?

Hattie B's is The Place for hot chicken but if you'd rather go somewhere that's a good, nice sit-down dinner spot, Whiskey Kitchen is good and has a good hot chicken plate.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nevada has some new unis which look pretty solid overall...

....until you get to the fuckin' pant legs

:laffo:

E: helmets are still 2 sided. Logo on one, script "Pack" on the other side.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DJExile posted:

Battleborn? Those milk drinkers, everyone knows House Gray-Mane are the superior house :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Nevada has some new unis which look pretty solid overall...

....until you get to the fuckin' pant legs

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/report-commonwealth-stadium-will-be-renamed-kroger-field/

Kentucky's sold the naming rights to their stadium. It will now be known as Kroger Field.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
ROLL loving SITDKE

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Good lord, that's some kind of embarrassing thing from an SEC school.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The only thing worse than having your stadium named by a corporate sponsor is for the corporate sponsor to be as unglamorous as Kroger

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Pakled posted:

The only thing worse than having your stadium named by a corporate sponsor is for the corporate sponsor to be as unglamorous as Kroger

Value City.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

yeah but what if it was sponsored specifically by murder kroger (rip)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

When was the last SEC stadium to get a name change before this? Adding to one of the hyphenated ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

When was the last SEC stadium to get a name change before this? Adding to one of the hyphenated ones?

Razorback Stadium became Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in 2001. Scott Field got Davis Wade's name added in either 2000 or 2001. Before those two it looks like it was Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in 1989.

Georgia possibly considered hyphenating Sanford Stadium to include Wally Butts.

• Locked thread