Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

Fixit posted:

I have been thinking today about the 3.0 patch. It seems a lot is going to change. Is there any word on end game changing (uber lab, uber atziri, mapping)? I think I have a grasp on how to get some form of currency early game and would like to start looking at builds to make that happen. Something like a totem build or a BV build. This league has been fun but have been struggling with making my HOWA able to do end game bosses. I can do uber lab, tried uber atziri and got my face stompped. So I probably should not try the 4 bosses then shaper.

End game not changing in 3.0 other than immunities possibly being removed from bosses. Atlas/endgame updates coming in later patches, probably 3.2 (the next major release), possibly 3.1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Holyshoot posted:

every day someone posts "100 RUNS OF X HERES THE LOOT". It gets tiring to see and is really pointless.

Sorry you had to read something every day on reddit. Doesn't seem to come up much here, so maybe you don't need to complain about people in the PoE thread chatting casually about their PoE experience just because you saw something similar on another forum.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

George posted:

Sorry you had to read something every day on reddit. Doesn't seem to come up much here, so maybe you don't need to complain about people in the PoE thread chatting casually about their PoE experience just because you saw something similar on another forum.

I made one sarcastic post which led to 6+ posts whining about it. I've already dropped it and moved on to another discussion. Who's making GBS threads up the thread again?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

panda clue posted:

I made one sarcastic post which led to 6+ posts whining about it. I've already dropped it and moved on to another discussion. Who's making GBS threads up the thread again?

Anyone who says "I'm not 14" is 14

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Fixit posted:

I have been thinking today about the 3.0 patch. It seems a lot is going to change. Is there any word on end game changing (uber lab, uber atziri, mapping)? I think I have a grasp on how to get some form of currency early game and would like to start looking at builds to make that happen. Something like a totem build or a BV build. This league has been fun but have been struggling with making my HOWA able to do end game bosses. I can do uber lab, tried uber atziri and got my face stompped. So I probably should not try the 4 bosses then shaper.

Uber atziri (esp. the trio) I think is harder for HOWA than guardians or shaper by a fair bit.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Bob NewSCART posted:

Anyone who says "I'm not 14" is 14

:thumbsup:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
New MTX

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Fixit posted:

Uber atziri and her trio are way harder than guardians, harder than shaper for most builds so you may be able to handle them. Doing a flavor of the month build is always going to be tough to gear for in cases where they really need specific stats like HOWA. Too much competition. BV and everything else that tied to poison or ignite are going to drop off quite a bit. Totems should still be good, but really any decent build that's not highly gear dependent can do well starting out. '

edit: I spent a long time experimenting with starter builds instead of actually playing this league and settled on RF/SR. There's no way I'm wading into 5 new acts in hardcore without something extremely durable and it's the cheapest end game boss killer I could cook up to fit the bill.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Despair posted:

Uber atziri (esp. the trio) I think is harder for HOWA than guardians or shaper by a fair bit.

I can do Shaper/Guardians deathless and I still haven't beat uber atziri (got her to 15% today :negative:)

I do a weird howa build compared to most people though, crit BF raider instead of EO ST

panda clue
May 23, 2014
This is probably as good as you can possibly get a non-crit Oro's flickerer (barring legacy Kaoms :negative:), if anyone is interested in checking it out. I've been searching for that amulet for two weeks now, daily, and finally got it today. Pretty much instantly vaporizes anything not ignite/curse immune. My resistances are all equal, and I'll be over 7k hp in a few more levels.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 2, 2017

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
wow how many exalts does an already-rare amulet with the exact corruption implicit you want run you

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Venuz Patrol posted:

wow how many exalts does an already-rare amulet with the exact corruption implicit you want run you

That one was the only one listed (online or offline) the entire time I've been searching, and I got it for 13ex. He probably could have gotten more. I probably would have gone up to like 18 personally.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Am I missing something or do you only have 2 curses in a tri-curse setup? :confused:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

Am I missing something or do you only have 2 curses in a tri-curse setup? :confused:

Gloves

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
How much ex total did it take you to gear out that character, and how did you make that much currency? I've made ~40ex so far this league, which isn't too bad for my second league, but that is an astounding amount of money. I know trading and flipping is always going to be faster, but I like playing the game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

I moused over every gem socket but not the gloves themselves :downs:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

interrodactyl posted:

How much ex total did it take you to gear out that character, and how did you make that much currency? I've made ~40ex so far this league, which isn't too bad for my second league, but that is an astounding amount of money. I know trading and flipping is always going to be faster, but I like playing the game.

My first character was a vaal sparker, so a lot of currency was just from spamming 1-2 minute strands ad nauseum (bisco's is OP as gently caress for this). Another large part of my money was from exploiting holes in the market, of which there are many if you take the time to look. I won't divulge all my secrets, but one thing you could do, for example, was buy shaper boots for 10c~, run lab until you hit the leech enchant on them (about a 1/12 chance iirc), and flip them for 2 ex. Most (all?) of the people that use those boots with that enchant are vaal sparkers, which can't run lab very easily themselves, so they are willing to pay the premium for the boots already enchanted. Use twice enchanted if you want it to go faster. Once I had enough capital to throw around I could do the same with Skyforth at a 4-5ex markup.

Probably around 40-50ex in that character, ignoring the headhunter, which is worth more than the rest combined.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 2, 2017

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Slayer is good as heck

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
Took about 30 minutes but I managed a deathless uber atziri run on my RF guy. That's a ~2ex character able to do the toughest fight in the game without dying, though I don't think I'd ever try it in hardcore until I was ready to build a new character.

That lightning is dicey as gently caress. It's the only boss skill in the game that I feel like I'm not really predicting so much as getting lucky on dodging half the time. I've never been able to find a strong pattern to it.

edit: Trio is also a huge pain in the rear end but they're not all that dangerous if you're willing to spend 15 minutes running in a circle.

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 2, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Took about 30 minutes but I managed a deathless uber atziri run on my RF guy. That's a ~2ex character able to do the toughest fight in the game without dying, though I don't think I'd ever try it in hardcore until I was ready to build a new character.

That lightning is dicey as gently caress. It's the only boss skill in the game that I feel like I'm not really predicting so much as getting lucky on dodging half the time. I've never been able to find a strong pattern to it.

edit: Trio is also a huge pain in the rear end but they're not all that dangerous if you're willing to spend 15 minutes running in a circle.

Is there a guide or something you can recommend on how to make a decent rf character? Thinking about testing one out for a starter character for the next league, but there are so many to choose from.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

panda clue posted:

You werent sarcastic you were trying to cut me down and i was trying to show other goons that you can run mao kuns for profit. Maybe you should try being less of an unfun retard and take "threads on forums" less seriously.

e: i forget how garbage goons can be outside of the main comedy forums lol

anyway i dont post in this thread as you probably saw, and i will continue not posting in this thread. have fun with pandafacedude

Han Solomon fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 2, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Han Solomon posted:

You werent sarcastic you were trying to cut me down and i was trying to show other goons that you can run mao kuns for profit. Maybe you should try being less of an unfun retard and take "threads on forums" less seriously.

e: i forget how garbage goons can be outside of the main comedy forums lol

anyway i dont post in this thread as you probably saw, and i will continue not posting in this thread. have fun with pandafacedude

No one cares.

:byewhore:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i appreciated his post because i was looking to do a mao kun for atlas completion awhile ago and was like "10c? gently caress that" and people said you always get at least that back and i didnt really believe it

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Awesome! posted:

i appreciated his post because i was looking to do a mao kun for atlas completion awhile ago and was like "10c? gently caress that" and people said you always get at least that back and i didnt really believe it

Are you kidding? Mao Kun is literally a currency extravaganza map. Both it and the card map (Putrid Cloister) are almost always worth running. Card map can be less so though, depending on how outrageously priced the map becomes and how lucky you are with your drops.

Mao Kun is the only map I always run when I find one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

panda clue posted:

Are you kidding? Mao Kun is literally a currency extravaganza map.
i see that now, thanks to that guys nice picture

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This thread got shittier once panda guy started posting in it again. But I'm not 14 so I don't give a gently caress

panda clue
May 23, 2014

BobbyK posted:

This thread got shittier once panda guy started posting in it again. But I'm not 14 so I don't give a gently caress

:same:

You're doing a great job of making it better now, aren't you?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
any post bashing unfun retards is an improvement to your post i guess

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
ok bye

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got 2ex from a corrupted Mao Kun div card reward yesterday.

The most I've ever gotten out of the previous like 9 or 10 I've done this league was a divine.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Is there a guide or something you can recommend on how to make a decent rf character? Thinking about testing one out for a starter character for the next league, but there are so many to choose from.

LLRF is a lot of fun if you've got even a small amount of currency, a Solaris Lorica and a shield with the Leo enchant is all you really need to start, along with plain old ES gear. It scales incredibly well.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Vasudus posted:

LLRF is a lot of fun if you've got even a small amount of currency, a Solaris Lorica and a shield with the Leo enchant is all you really need to start, along with plain old ES gear. It scales incredibly well.
Can confirm - playing this on HC and even with Rise of the Phoenix and Lorica (and 7k ES) it was really good.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
What makes RF so good for HC?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Stangg posted:

What makes RF so good for HC?

It's immune to reflect and piling on hp doubles as adding damage.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vasudus posted:

I got 2ex from a corrupted Mao Kun div card reward yesterday.

The most I've ever gotten out of the previous like 9 or 10 I've done this league was a divine.

Okay I'm trying to figure it out, and having severe issues; how exactly does LL work? The one guide I found for llrf didn't seem to have blood magic support anywhere, but maybe I'm blind.

edit: turns out: yes, I was blind! woohoo! never mind.

silvergoose fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 2, 2017

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

silvergoose posted:

Okay I'm trying to figure it out, and having severe issues; how exactly does LL work? The one guide I found for llrf didn't seem to have blood magic support anywhere, but maybe I'm blind.

edit: turns out: yes, I was blind! woohoo! never mind.

I recommend Pohx's guide - not the best guide I've seen but the best I was able to find for this build, and the leveling with RF totems is really smooth and easy with the (pretty cheap) uniques he uses.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jack the Lad posted:

I recommend Pohx's guide - not the best guide I've seen but the best I was able to find for this build, and the leveling with RF totems is really smooth and easy with the (pretty cheap) uniques he uses.

Rad, thanks. That sounds p fun too. Too many builds to try before the league ends.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

Yeah, there are a lot. I can't necessarily say mine is the best, but I spent this league screwing around in standard testing out a lot of different approaches and I like this one the most by far. I can't comment on these newfangled low life ES ones, but any time someone starts touting low life anything my eyes roll back in my head while I think about how expensive es gear and shav's are.

So, something straightforward, hc viable, and cheap (relative to most endgame capable builds): here's the guide I put together for it.

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 2, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
i sell my mao kuns, just lol if you leave shore maps for any other maps.

portal looks sick but i think im done with getting portals until they implement some sort of random portal option every time you open a TP. Or when you open a map have it throw up 8 different portals or something.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Buying the baby elephant should change your in game music to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1z4JfxFb6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

nerox posted:

Buying the baby elephant should change your in game music to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1z4JfxFb6c

I knew what that was before I clicked the link. Good call!

• Locked thread