Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Still funny to me that blizz landed on a name for their moba with the same acronym as the one they were using for their rts (at the time Heart Of The Swarm was the latest SC2 expansion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

It isn't anime because it's slow as gently caress

They'll get off the boat someday

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GA0VtVw-s

not anime

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It isn't anime because

Nooooo
:(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

That looks like loving garbage. Anime ruins everything.
So you're saying that your posting is anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jay Rust posted:

It isn't anime because

Nooooo
:(
dark souls: it's anime

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Not anime.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Anime owns

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
maybe dark souls is more of a hanna barbera cartoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws&hd=1

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anime is good but code vein might not be because it's by the same team as god eater and they're bad at making combat satisfying based on what everyone says about those games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dark Souls doesn't have the "Anime" tag in Steam. Pretty sure that settles it

It does have the "Dark", "Fantasy" and "Dark Fantasy" tags, which is good

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

God eater seemed ok to me when I played the psp one forever ago

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr Cheeto posted:

The thing you like is anime, you like anime, you are an anime liker.

at first i thought this said "anime killer" and i started singing in my head "anime killer, chan kun san, bop bop bada bop babop bada baaaaa, run run run, run run run awaaaayyyyyyyyy"

also itt video games should use music like this more often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-7p0FOcT8

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I've never watched an anime that didn't make me want to go do something else with my life.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Macarius Wrench posted:

I've never watched an anime that didn't make me want to go do something else with my life.

Consider: watching better anime

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
anime is good because I was in Tokyo right after playing persona 5 and got to take a picture with Hachiko's statue.

(Dogs own.)

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Anime is trash

e, dogs are good

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Anime is good, Dark souls is also good and its kinda weird to quantify how much anime is in a thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Anime is trash

e, dogs are good
What about an anime dog.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jay Rust posted:

It isn't anime because it's slow as gently caress

If anything, that makes it more anime

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 2, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Anime is good, Dark souls is also good and its kinda weird to quantify how much anime is in a thing.

What a Level 2 anime post you have there.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

thats a good dag right there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just as with all forms of media, 90% of it is poo poo and it's not fair imo to base your opinion of the good 10% on the bad 90%

percentages ripped straight outta my rear end

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I grew up playing JRPGs but never really got into anime like my friends did. I often found the violence to be offputting and weird, and that's the kind they were really into.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

lets hang out posted:

Consider: watching better anime

Well, any suggestions?

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Saint Freak posted:

What a Level 2 anime post you have there.

I need to get to level 4 to class change to an otaku.

FirstAidKite posted:

Just as with all forms of media, 90% of it is poo poo and it's not fair imo to base your opinion of the good 10% on the bad 90%

percentages ripped straight outta my rear end

Is it the sweet Joestar rear end in your av though?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i give permission to judge code vein based off of trashy anime because that's basically what god eater was and what code vein is probably going to be

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

watch tatami galaxy which i think is all up on youtube

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm just glad that we finally have a game with levels of greybrown not seen since the PS3 launch lineup

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

anime is good but code vein might not be because it's by the same team as god eater and they're bad at making combat satisfying based on what everyone says about those games

Everything about the combat shown in the trailer backs this post up. Though Imo the anime faces surrounded by dark and grungy armor is a cool art direction I wouldn't think Id like. It's really unsettling.

Weighing in on the Heroes of the Storm chat. I can see that it's well made and pretty, and imho it could probably be a good and fun game assuming you've never played Dota2 or Smite. The reason why is that those games require more skill and map awareness and a more rewarding for it, so HotS will stimulate your brain less and reward you less.

It's kind of a crapshoot depending on if you play LoL. If you're bad at league, i could see someone thinking HotS is boring. But if you're good at league I could see the opposite since as you go up in League the builds and lanes and heroes become more static, something Riot literally enforces.

Tldr if you play a good Moba, HotS is bad. If you play a similar babby's first Moba it depends on what you like. If youve never played a Moba it's probably fun with its low time commitment a la fps matches.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Macarius Wrench posted:

Well, any suggestions?

Never ask this about anime

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Tokyo Godfathers is a good anime christmas movie about 3 homeless people in japan who find a baby in the dumpster and try to find the baby's mother.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
anime can do dogs bad, too, like in jojo

but that is good dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvYApd_X3aU
not anime

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
As someone who doesn't really do mobas I started out enjoying HotS because it was a lot faster than League which I had also tried, but by the time I was done winning to get the genji skin in overwatch it was just dull as all hell, I dunno.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wanna pet that anime dog.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lets hang out posted:

God eater seemed ok to me when I played the psp one forever ago

I think I beat the tutorial boss in God Eater then got bored. My sister liked the sequel though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've never really had anyone coherently explain to me what it is about MOBAs that is enjoyable.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macarius Wrench posted:

Well, any suggestions?

samurai champloo, one punch man and the two things those other guys mentioned are really good shows/movie that you can probably get into even if you do not particularly dig anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Instead of accepting your own shortcomings for losing you can now blame four other people, in additional to the usual mainstays of imbalanced maps + heroes.

• Locked thread