Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm willing to train him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TrustmeImLegit posted:

If that oldschoolcommander guy is a troll he forgot the first rule of trolling. Your level of success is determined by how little effort (and how normal you are) you put in compared to the reaction it gets.

I ain't writing a 5 page essay to stir up reddit. I'll just post "Star citizen is bad" or c/p a funny post here.

If you find yourself writing paragraphs, odds are you are not trolling, and are putting effort in due to personal investment.

The shorter, the better. The best troll is pissing people off with a "lol".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

I really hope whoever wrote all that got paid. Otherwise, sad!

The funny thing is that that essay is the perfect answer to his OP

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

He got at least to idiots writing essay-length rebuttals, he's got heaps of talent

This is the only excuse to expend lots of effort on long form trolls; if you get other people to expend even more effort on their responses.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

You should still be able to pull it off in a paragraph or two, otherwise spend your time on something else. Get in and get out.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Also the Friday show they keep reinventing is biweekly now.

Where the hell did this come from?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

beep_boop posted:

Well it looks like nobody learned anything by watching Star Citizen. loving $5000 packages.. what is wrong with people?

Yes. Nobody else wants to be a millionaire and do next to nothing. Art maybe has to be good. The lies strong.

Welcome to Kickstarter 2.0!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Where the hell did this come from?

random spectrum chat message. Where they usually hide things. This is to focus resources on the 'new player experience'

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68oqez/cig_are_looking_for_feedback_on_the_new_player/

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Somebody tell them the next logical step here is to write an official threat assessment. It's pretty much the only path left to take now.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

random spectrum chat message. Where they usually hide things. This is to focus resources on the 'new player experience'

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68oqez/cig_are_looking_for_feedback_on_the_new_player/

It was also mentioned at the end of the most recent Citizen of the Stars.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

The posts from the Star Citizen faithful are so close to troll posts I have trouble telling the difference.

Yes, the game that is years overdue sure did show up those other games that actually came out. Also, I hope the game never comes out.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

The Titanic posted:

Somebody tell them the next logical step here is to write an official threat assessment. It's pretty much the only path left to take now.

You're just a 72 year old hater.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Abuminable posted:

It was also mentioned at the end of the most recent Citizen of the Stars.

I don't really watch commercials.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

This week's comm link: (My god, what a flaccid cock of effort put into this one)

I <3 this. The short and to the point version had the word "sale" in every sentence of the first paragraph.

Give, Citizen! Give!!! Buy... Er... donate today!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

If you find yourself writing paragraphs, odds are you are not trolling, and are putting effort in due to personal investment.

This is exactly what happened to me. Back when I gave a poo poo I would put together huge effortposts and debate people. Then when I stopped caring I just responded to most Tweets with "LOL" and moved on.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

The posts from the Star Citizen faithful are so close to troll posts I have trouble telling the difference.

Yes, the game that is years overdue sure did show up those other games that actually came out. Also, I hope the game never comes out.

Star Citizen chased COD away from futuristic shooters. Its not like they made like 5 in a row and decided to stop. No. Star citizen showed them all up with how epic star marine was.

But wait. I thought game dev took 7 years minimum.

I'm confused.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

If that oldschoolcommander guy is a troll he forgot the first rule of trolling. Your level of success is determined by how little effort (and how normal you are) you put in compared to the reaction it gets.

I ain't writing a 5 page essay to stir up reddit. I'll just post "Star citizen is bad" or c/p a funny post here.

double-reverse troll :wink:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

lmao

Glad to see subscriber funds going solely to fund these things they are cutting back on.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Okay, I will grant you the Miss Awesome, however, I feel your story of your career change is pure FUD. Last time we heard you were doing SCIENCE! on SCIENCE! street. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

I've got many talents. :3:

The only way to be anything at all is to be everything. -Ryan Archer

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

This week's comm link: (My god, what a flaccid cock of effort put into this one)

quote:

Short, sweet, and to the point this week.

The Banu Defender concept sale finishes up today. It was a unique sale in that we got to support it not just with a dedicated ATV segment the day before, but a Town Hall in the middle, both a Jump Point magazine and Vault Update for Subscribers with the BTS of it’s development and unused concept images, and finally one of the most robust Q&A we’ve gotten to do towards the end. There was no shortage of information this sale, and I think it’ll become a template for how we support the amazing work our developers are doing going forward.

In community shows, this week sees Gaige Hallman take on the Quantum Questions challenge and community member Nighthawk Zale discusses his tabletop creation, Traverse the ‘Verse while Dave Haddock explores the Rilah System in Loremaker’s Guide to the Galaxy. This week’s ATV comes to us from Austin and Montreal, while the Happy Hour Interview will be your chance to put questions directly to another of our developers. Stay tuned for the specific time later this week.

With that, we’ll see you in the ‘verse.

Jared “Disco Lando” Huckaby
Community Manager

I automatically skimmed over this before, but this is barely english. It's CIG created words with english language structure in between.

If you actually take the time to look at the words, it's completely insane.

XK fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 2, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

Who is fuzzy again?

Star Citizen that was close to the 'inner circle' as he had a fetish for designing spaceships; The Polaris was one of his designs, and he was a fairly prolific poster. I believe that he was also over here for a while.

Also a personal windmill and lazy hook in the water for concern posting.

MilesK posted:

Fuzzy raped his daughter. Still not sure why people think it's funny.

Alleged. He still needs his ten minutes in court.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Appreciate jury duty. If it is your first time you learn quite a bit. Especially if the venue is space court.

Yeah, I hate that people avoid it, mainly because you could actually make a difference. Sure, it's a pain in the rear end, but it's a civic loving duty.

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Well, that was cryptic...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

If they're going to give us cute names, I demand a T-shirt.

XL. It's the height, not the weight.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

I spent 4k on ships.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

StarBegotten posted:

Well, that was cryptic...

our sleeper got the message and is now activated

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

I spent 4k on ships.

See this is how you do it. But you lose points because anyone can go to a place and say insanely stupid things.

Like I got banned from RSI for saying I think its highly unlikely that 3.0 would come out in December and Chris probably knows that.

One sentence. Normal opinion, people flipped out and I got banned for ten years from their site. True Trolling.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is exactly what happened to me. Back when I gave a poo poo I would put together huge effortposts and debate people. Then when I stopped caring I just responded to most Tweets with "LOL" and moved on.

Ah I remember those days. I'm glad you don't do that any more. Although I do miss the 10 for the Chairthumb transcripts.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup, doesn't even have to actually be trolling. Short form effortless responses are the best way to deal with people who clearly are ideologically motivated to have no interest or attention in your argument.

Only spend your effort where it's worthwhile.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

:siren: CIG's 2FA is broken :siren:

Their previous post...

Days since CIG last hosed up = 0

It's ok, his donation to the cause was what was important. The gifts are just gifts, not critical. He should be happy he was able to participate with such a finely crafter software project to begin with. He should thank whoever took his account so now he can just donate even harder!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

I spent 4k on ships.

:argh:

Although all jokes aside, MoMA is one of the most effective trolls we've had so far. The sheer number of goons who don't realize he is my parachute account will fall all over themselves to tell him he's an idiot is impressive, and doubly so considering he has yet to have a nuclear meltdown and go full Brendan.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

I spent 4k on ships.

I spent 5.5k on a collapsed sewer line so that guys could dig up my yard with a backhoe, and make my toilet work.

Your ships can't help you poo poo.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, him and lazrin are tops.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I got plastered and spent like 200 bucks on clash of clans crap.

Couldn't imagine spending thousands of dollars sober for nothing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ask me about my late night Mechwarrior:Online purchase history some time lol.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

From Robert's bio on the site:

So what were you known for, Chris? Write it for us! Please! Tell us all you know!

Looking forward to the transcription of him talking shop with actual people who know what they are talking about and show him up.

Tell them about server meshes and the 10,000 player limit and the instances inside instances that look into each other through other instances!!!! Please Chris! This is your moment to show all those chumps up because they "didn't think of it"!!!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Ask me about my late night Mechwarrior:Online purchase history some time lol.

I bought the Taken King on the basis that it might make Destiny good.

It didn't.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I got married and was suckered into the adorable daughter content pack.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

$5.5k is worth it so I can spend the rest of my life using a modern toilet. What did your $4k in ships get you, MoMA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've spent way too much money on hearthstone.