Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
They call it the Switch because when you turn it on your frown switches upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

spasticColon posted:

So the Switch is still selling like hotcakes? I probably will get one but not until they come out with a thinner and lighter "Switch Lite". I'm kinda hoping they come out with one with a ~5 inch screen, thinner (meaning no stupid cooling fan), and of course lighter with better battery life.

honestly I'm not sure if we're ever going to see a "thinner" switch, the rail system kind of has them locked into this position. it might get cheaper for sure, the screen might upgrade, but I dunno about "thinner". it'd be a real cluster to have Joycon Lites, confusing as the controllers already are.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

this doesn't follow for me
they probably won't have a VC reveal, they'll just put smw on the switch eshop one day and fart out a couple other games every few weeks as usual.

Yeah, they were desperate to move as many units as possible in March, that's why they rushed the launch to begin with, if they had anything exciting to say about the VC they would have announced it to build hype for the console.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't know about you guys but I'm holding out for the Switch Aqua, the totally waterproof hardware revision that I'm sure is gonna come out any day now.

My SCUBA club is gonna love 1-2 -Switch!

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 3, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

alf_pogs posted:

went back and edited my post cuz i'm a moron: they save the race for viewing later in Mario Kart TV mode, so you can make an edit reel of your crushing defeats / staggering wins

cool, that's what I suspected, I just hadn't worked out where to find them and the complete lack of hints onscreen wasn't helping. I'll check it out at lunch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I feel like I need a good MARIO KART primer.

Why do my bananas go forward sometimes and backwards the other?

Why do I see shells and fireballs flung backwards? Can you do that?

Other tricks?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Feenix posted:

Other tricks?

You can fling any item either forwards or backwards, just point the left stick in the desired direction and use the item. IIRC Red shells won't home if flung backwards.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't know about you guys but I'm holding out for the Switch Aqua, the totally waterproof hardware revision that I'm sure is gonna come out any day now.

My SCUBA club is gonna love 1-2 -Switch!

REEF-top parties!!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Feenix posted:

Other tricks?

Hold L when you have a shell or banana and it'll trail behind your kart, blocking any incoming shells. Release L to throw it.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

How many times can you poop with a switch before it becomes unsafe? Asking for a friend.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

How many times can you poop with a switch before it becomes unsafe? Asking for a friend.

8 times exactly.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

spasticColon posted:

So the Switch is still selling like hotcakes? I probably will get one but not until they come out with a thinner and lighter "Switch Lite". I'm kinda hoping they come out with one with a ~5 inch screen, thinner (meaning no stupid cooling fan), and of course lighter with better battery life.
Do you know how physics works? Just wondering.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am buying Minecraft for the 5th (?) time when it comes out for the switch.

Thanks for listening.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks for listening.

I would buy a Minecraft type game but not MC again.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

In one sitting?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Dr Cheeto posted:

My favorite thing about the cooling fan is how it keeps the console from overheating

I guess you could call me a fan haha

Stealing this and probably gonna get punched this weekend

spasticColon posted:

If you wait 2 years you might get an edition with, at best, two of those four things

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The switch has a cooling fan?!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

Do you know how physics works? Just wondering.

This is my favorite response to that. I'm not even 100% sure the fan is active in portable mode it's so silent.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

tap my mountain posted:

The switch has a cooling fan?!

Yeah it's in the top next to the cart port. Sometimes that lil guy really chugs :3:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Huh I never noticed it make a sound. I have to put my ear right next to the vent to hear a slight hint of it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sometimes I blow dry my hair with it

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The X1 processor is a 2 year old SoC at this point. Nvidia isn't likely to die shrink it and they are out of the handheld game for newer Tegra processors (focusing on embedded instead.)

We are at final hardware. Not much is going to change about it during the lifespan of the console.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks for listening.

imo, minecraft is the best on pc for ease of modding or even just resource packs. But that dedication is appreciable nonetheless

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

LethalGeek posted:

This is my favorite response to that. I'm not even 100% sure the fan is active in portable mode it's so silent.
I'd prefer it to be at least 50% thinner and also have better battery life. That's what I'm holding out for, personally.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

I'm pretty sure it's forced off when undocked, the lower performance profile is so the system doesn't have to do extra energy-draining stuff like run a fan.

Bill Barber posted:

I'd prefer it to be at least 50% thinner and also have better battery life. That's what I'm holding out for, personally.

Honestly I'd prefer 100% thinner and infinite battery life.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Try going to mysterious woods from past Zelda games without hearing your fan

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.
I need to hurry the gently caress up and beat Zelda so I can play Snake Pass.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

I would say the switch is cool and good

I played Mario Kart 8 deluxe in bed, so I'm inclined to agree. My life will never be the same.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I want 50% thicker cause this children's toy is cramping my hands when I play it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

how can you tell what the difficulty of the dudes in Puyo Puyo Tetris are? Nutrition Robot is about on my skill level but Science Dog is pretty clearly better than me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd be fine with it being 50% thicker if they simultaneously made it 50% thinner.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

acksplode posted:

I'm pretty sure it's forced off when undocked, the lower performance profile is so the system doesn't have to do extra energy-draining stuff like run a fan.

Unless mine is faulty this is wrong, my fan is on the whole time even though it's pretty quiet

When I take it out of the dock sometimes the fan goes crazy for a minute or so but it winds down after

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I'd be fine with it being 50% thicker if they simultaneously made it 50% thinner.

Reducing the thickness by 25% would be fine, too.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
make it thick enough that it can't fit pockets so i have another reason to call it a console and not a portable.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Has anyone found a good case for stuffing into a messenger bag or backpack? I'd like a pouch style so I could easily get the switch without having to pull the whole thing out and unzip it and everything.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Make it thicc

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Has anyone found a good case for stuffing into a messenger bag or backpack? I'd like a pouch style so I could easily get the switch without having to pull the whole thing out and unzip it and everything.

It's expensive as hell but I own this and it's great: https://www.sfbags.com/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-case

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Infinitum posted:

2 really nice rooms

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Soo.... Wedge-shaped then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
ya'll are nuts the d-pad on my pro controller is nice and clicky and i haven't had it register the wrong direction ever. haven't tried it in a fighting game to find out if it's really worth a poo poo thOUGH

• Locked thread