Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Well, I still enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Mr. Squishy posted:

This is the first I've heard of it, and googling only brings in headlines about it losing Hardy's production company £2 mil.

It wasn't a scheme, but it was a massive cluster gently caress of a production. It was basically Tom Hardy and his Dad Vs Everyone Else. They fired directors a couple of times. I know people who actively tried to get off it and onto literally anything else.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Newspaper ads count as posters yes?

E: imgur somehow manages to get worse on mobile every time I use it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
PRAY ALIEN COVENANT, the new EAT PRAY LOVE

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Looks like Al is cracking up at a story he just told about some sailors he ate.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He does a killer Fire Marshall Bill impression

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Improbable Lobster posted:

if you have the SA app it automatically uploads to imgur

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Light Gun Man posted:

Prey, coming May 5th

Pray Alien Covenant, coming May 19th

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress me, really?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vintersorg posted:

Which is doubly nice to know since the imgur app never lets me upload.

Max Headroom for testing purposes.
[deleted]

Edit: Hm nope, still image leeching.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Vintersorg posted:

Say what now?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lobok posted:

Which is doubly nice to know since the imgur app never lets me upload.

Max Headroom for testing purposes.
[deleted]

Edit: Hm nope, still image leeching.

I think it needs to be local to your device, not a URL if that's what you tested.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

He's got loving big balls, Ben.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

And it will be a better movie about traveling to a foreign place too. Just like this:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Valerian is probably going to perform like Jupiter Ascending in the US and that sort of makes me sad. Those posters are certainly not helping.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you tap the post box it'll bring up a menu including image upload.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's pretty great casting for Randall Flagg

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Matthew McConaughey looks like when I drew people in elementary and I'd focus on one feature at a time, so that at the end, nothing was in proportion to each other.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Elba looks like he's just about to dab.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Omelite Du Fromage

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

GrandpaPants posted:

Valerian is probably going to perform like Jupiter Ascending in the US and that sort of makes me sad. Those posters are certainly not helping.

BUT.. it'll exist and you'll be able to see it and enjoy it. So rest easy knowing that! I can't wait.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Omelite Du Fromage

I appreciate you.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

The MSJ posted:

And it will be a better movie about traveling to a foreign place too. Just like this:

I've never seen a movie that so many people want to see yet know it's going to bomb.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm hoping that The Fifth Element nostalgia and Lucy's international success mean that Valerian is at least a modest success.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

sbaldrick posted:

I've never seen a movie that so many people want to see yet know it's going to bomb.

Who gives a poo poo if it bombs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sbaldrick posted:

I think a lot of people learned their lesson with Scott Pilgrim.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chris Knight posted:

Who gives a poo poo if it bombs.

It would be rad if it became a series and not just a one-off, though? I mean, there's a metric gently caress-ton of Valerian comics to adapt or pick elements from, it's not like they're low on source material.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It would be rad if it became a series and not just a one-off, though? I mean, there's a metric gently caress-ton of Valerian comics to adapt or pick elements from, it's not like they're low on source material.

Oh yeah. I was more thinking from just seeing a big number in the paper or whatever*. Didn't think that stupid comment all the way through. Would deffo like to see it be successful and lead to more cool Besson things.

*Like a movie costs $40MM to make, brings in $120MM at the box office, and all we hear is what a "failure" it was. That's the poo poo that drives me bonkers.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 3, 2017

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I wish Besson makes a sequel to Adele Blanc Sec. That movie was really charming and underappreciated, despite some pretty iffy cgi.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

I wish Besson makes a sequel to Adele Blanc Sec. That movie was really charming and underappreciated, despite some pretty iffy cgi.

This guy gets it. :respek:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

GrandpaPants posted:

That was a great movie. Valerian will probably do great in Europe and should do okay in Japan and China. The US though? Not a clue. I still want an Incal movie dammit.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I just noticed yesterday I can't upload to imgur without the app now. F that

Awful app uploading:

Stupid imdb wouldnt let me save the pics directly.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 3, 2017

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Some pretty okay posters of movies I've seen recently.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

this is a good poster that inspired a good album art

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That was a great movie. Valerian will probably do great in Europe and should do okay in Japan and China. The US though? Not a clue. I still want an Incal movie dammit.
You already had one

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Some pretty okay posters of movies I've seen recently.

I only vaguely know about this from seeing it listed on a webpage of Togo-distributed genre films, and now my life depends on seeing it. The title is already aces, but that's an apartment-art worthy poster.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Luc Besson really forces me to separate the art from the artist. All his films are, at least, fun and Fifth Element is my second favorite movie.

He's a scumbag but I will see Valerian opening night.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Luc Besson really forces me to separate the art from the artist. All his films are, at least, fun and Fifth Element is my second favorite movie.

He's a scumbag but I will see Valerian opening night.

What'd he do to earn that rep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He's French.