Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HycoCam posted:

Seems to have something to do with school and that learning to read thing. No longer the willing turret gunner in training, mine is quickly winning the battle forcing me to learn Minecraft.

This is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

HycoCam posted:

Seems to have something to do with school and that learning to read thing. No longer the willing turret gunner in training, mine is quickly winning the battle forcing me to learn Minecraft.

Just made me remember Microsoft paid $2.5 billion for Minecraft after it came out of peak popularity. Maybe there are worse decisions than putting money into Star Citizen.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

If someone could please get some Star Marine footage and in "Crobblers corner" have him doing that derpy walk on the homemande VR platform he did years ago, that would be great :D

http://i.imgur.com/25PhkgP.gifv

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
fuckin :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Holy poo poo ha ha

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

XK posted:

Just made me remember Microsoft paid $2.5 billion for Minecraft after it came out of peak popularity. Maybe there are worse decisions than putting money into Star Citizen.

Minecraft is actually doing very very well for Microsoft.

quote:

Microsoft is revealing today that Minecraft has now reached the 100 million sale milestone, having sold 53,000 copies per day during the course of 2016.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Chin posted:

If you want to subject yourself to the stream mentioned earlier where Chris talks about creating a game where you can do anything anywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqSvg535wHo

Since his talk started viewership has rocketed from 13 to 38.

3:37:00 onwards I noticed something a bit odd.

"In the first version of the baby PU, you had 3, uh, 3 or 4 different space stations you could fly to"

Really Chris? Honestly? There's only two now you retarded fuckstick!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The thread is amazing again.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

"In the first version of the baby PU, you had 3, uh, 3 or 4 different space stations you could fly to"

Yeah but if you fly to one then fly to the other twice that's four right there

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

I spent 4k on ships.

lol

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

Thankyou Fuctifino, you're my hero :kimchi:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah but if you fly to one then fly to the other twice that's four right there

Checks out. :)

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
How will you feel?
I don't have a loving clue.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Nellistos posted:

How will you feel?
I don't have a loving clue.

I feel in relation to one of the latest glitches, the landing on what looks like a lovely moon will be trumpeted in a wobbly fashion thus:

Protected by spoiler tags as, well, it's not bad but not work/kiddie safe.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 3, 2017

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

MarcusSA posted:

Minecraft is actually doing very very well for Microsoft.
Not to mention all the bank they're making on merchandise licensing and sales, kids loving love this stuff.

EDIT: That's nearly $500 mil alone in just game sales too, that's money CIG can only dream about.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 3, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 3, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

When you pretend to be a real developer by only watching videos the real developers send you and playing motion capture director, it quickly becomes painfully obvious when you are asked basic questions about your game and know nothing.

I'm sure to the die hard people donating and buying into this mess it's totally acceptable. I mean, what real developer could possibly answer basic questions about their game after it being in development for five years?

Logically they may as well just call it loving finished and announce Star Citizen 2: Coming Out This Time Honest Guys and start a new Kickstarter.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 3, 2017

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

When you pretend to be a real developer by only watching videos the real developers send you and playing motion capture director, it quickly becomes painfully obvious when you are asked basic questions about your game and know nothing.

I'm sure to the die hard people donating and buying into this mess it's totally acceptable. I mean, what real developer could possibly answer basic questions about their game after it being in development for five years?

Logically they may as well just call it loving finished and announce Star Citizen 2: Coming Out This Time Honest Guys and start a new Kickstarter.

Star Citizen 2 : The Stimpire Strikes back

Star Citizen 2 : A New Kickstarter

Star Citizen 2 : The Glitch Wars

Star Citizen 2 : Attack of the Bald Clones

Star Citizen 2 : The Farce Awakens

and so on :)

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Lol another kickstarter with stretch goals? In 2017? It's like people can't loving learn.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/857730866239467521
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/859088123686531072
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/859091555394756608
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/859137333936967680
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/859141817782108161
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/859427363276427264

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
I miss the ouya and xbone days. One year of lurking was enough to drown in tears and salt.

I lurk, play catch up, read posts and smartblogs, under the constant fear that this charade ends with an anti climactic E.L.E.
Ghost Citizens pretending that never cared, and lovely press beating a 3 years dead horse.

Goons will be trolled regardless of the outcome.

Tell me otherwise.
Tell me there will be pitchforks, shadowy figures knocking doors, lawsuits.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Why does he provides so many kiss of deaths.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Nellistos posted:

I miss the ouya and xbone days. One year of lurking was enough to drown in tears and salt.

I lurk, play catch up, read posts and smartblogs, under the constant fear that this charade ends with an anti climactic E.L.E.
Ghost Citizens pretending that never cared, and lovely press beating a 3 years dead horse.

Goons will be trolled regardless of the outcome.

Tell me otherwise.
Tell me there will be pitchforks, shadowy figures knocking doors, lawsuits.

ELE of any description = Goons win, DS was right.

Game comes out and is good = Goons win, Goons form fleets and kill Citizens for lolz.

Game comes out and is bad = Goons win, game is laughed at, many refunds happen, Goons form fleets and kill Citizens for lolz.

I reckon there will be pitchforks though and not the limp player organised one to hunt awfully designed npc's, definitely some form of ELE. Time will tell how it goes. :)

Zzr posted:

Why does he provides so many kiss of deaths.

He is the "Angel Investor Of Death". :)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm really not looking forward to the boyfriend QRT game. Fortunately I already got the shotgun mod.

Never fun, but don't jump to conclusions ten years from now. Raise them right and things will be A-Ok+++. And yeah, I own a shotgun as well. Who the hell doesn't?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

90 gays, 2 weak tops

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Don't know if I never noticed before, or if my middle aged brain is just riddled with memory deficit, but I know I recognize the name HycoCam from this thread, so here's a belated "welcome to the party pal", just in case I didn't give you one back when you joined.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

It's basically a repeat of him seeing the in-game chat for the first time and trashing it, then just being generally baffled about sitting in front of a computer with his magnum opus running on it. He has no idea whatsoever about his project, either through sheer incompetence, disinterest, or people placating him with lies because he is too difficult to deal with.

There are so many unforced and accidental reveals about the true competency of this project's leadership. These moments are where actual truths are inadvertently revealed by the Chairman himself. How many red flags do you need?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

CrazyTolradi posted:

Not to mention all the bank they're making on merchandise licensing and sales, kids loving love this stuff.

EDIT: That's nearly $500 mil alone in just game sales too, that's money CIG can only dream about.

Minecraft isn't a bad property to own. It definitely brings in money, probably more on merchandise than actual game sales. I still think $2.5 billion was a bit much, and it was past its peak when that price was paid.

Congratulation to Notch, though. Whip up some low graphic buildy-thingy game in Java, turn it into a multi-billion $ payday.

I wish I could be just like Notch; sitting around all alone with my autistic self in my $70 million dollar hilltop Beverly Hills mansion, with a $200,000 candy room, drowning in money.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Killing the thread with 4 posts in a row in 50 minutes (where'd all you guys go?).

Remember when a new member came in here saying he was trying to decrypt the recipe posts to figure out the secret goon communications, and then realized they were literally just recipes?

Good times.

Anyway, the thread isn't for Fyre Festival anymore. Beet, or Beer, I'd like to see "Ghost wandering internet time" get its well deserved moment as thread title.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

XK posted:

It's basically a repeat of him seeing the in-game chat for the first time and trashing it, then just being generally baffled about sitting in front of a computer with his magnum opus running on it. He has no idea whatsoever about his project, either through sheer incompetence, disinterest, or people placating him with lies because he is too difficult to deal with.forgot if t

There are so many unforced and accidental reveals about the true competency of this project's leadership. These moments are where actual truths are inadvertently revealed by the Chairman himself. How many red flags do you need?

forgot if it got quoted already but still: when you're wearing rose-tinted glasses all the red flags just look like flags

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sabreseven posted:

Star Citizen 2 : The Stimpire Strikes back

Star Citizen 2 : A New Kickstarter

Star Citizen 2 : The Glitch Wars

Star Citizen 2 : Attack of the Bald Clones

Star Citizen 2 : The Farce Awakens

and so on :)

Star Citizen Episode 42: The Same Hope

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

XK posted:

Minecraft isn't a bad property to own. It definitely brings in money, probably more on merchandise than actual game sales. I still think $2.5 billion was a bit much, and it was past its peak when that price was paid.

Congratulation to Notch, though. Whip up some low graphic buildy-thingy game in Java, turn it into a multi-billion $ payday.

I wish I could be just like Notch; sitting around all alone with my autistic self in my $70 million dollar hilltop Beverly Hills mansion, with a $200,000 candy room, drowning in money.

he looks ike an egg tho

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/bJG8BL0.gifv

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

XK posted:

If it brings in nearly half a billion from game sales alone, and still makes more on merchandise, 2.5 billion upfront is a pretty decent buy actually. Mojang's reported revenue in 2015 was about $485 million USD, so that's anything from a third to over a half back in two years in a 2.5 billion investment.

Yeah, Minecraft on PC peaked ages ago, but moving it to console was the smartest thing Mojang ever did.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

Who is fuzzy again?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3773270&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post465759410

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I'm busy Photoshopping for refunds to post from random non related refunds. Also getting ready to whip out ConcernedSCFan776 on Reddit shortly to begin the next stage of the operation.

Can't 'shop worth the proverbial tinker's drat, but I have dibs on LenFleshly to follow up on ConcernedSCFan776's play.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Looking forward to the inevitable news of Roberts appearance. I guess they won't ask him any actual development questions and just sort of let him go crazy and talk a lot about nothing and lies. :(

Dreams and "what we are thinking about hoping to do" is super great. This is exactly what John Carmack does too during a talk about software development.

OTOH, John has been a part of pretty universally considered as epic, technology changing game released.

(Okay, YES, I LIKED RAGE and I still replay it every so often.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Samizdata posted:

OTOH, John has been a part of pretty universally considered as epic, technology changing game released.
Are you drunk or what

e: No I meant the grammar not the message

Spatial fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 3, 2017