Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, of what we've seen so far with the robo-womb and wacky world land over here, on a scale of 1 to 10 where do they rate on the game's craziness scale?

The rest of the game is actually just one extended sewer level. Turns out they ran out of funds from creating the party-tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

White Coke posted:

I can't wait until we find their identical triplet Lilith.

That role is played by 2B to make everything worse DRAKENGARD!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

The rest of the game is actually just one extended sewer level. Turns out they ran out of funds from creating the party-tank.

It was mo-capped with the same tech used on LA Noire's faces, just Yoko Taro and pals driving a tank around a parking lot while utterly sloshed

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Abhorrence posted:

If I recall correctly, it did say that several locations had successful merging of replicants and gestalts. They were in the minority, but it's not unfeasible for there to be several hundred thousand who made it, give we know very little about the population numbers at the time of project gestalt.

This is why I don't think any of the ruins are really 10000 years old. After merging again at whatever point after the original Nier, the humans would have had plenty of time to rebuild. They kind of would have had to had something besides quaint fantasy villages in order to launch ships to the moon and build orbital bases full of androids and all that. So the ruins are probably uh...7000 years old? Wait nevermind that still doesn't make any sense.

Also I'm really starting to think the 'the Earth becomes a paradise for the machines' ending from the tutorial really is going to be the happiest one possible, now that we know the machines are adorable and like parties and building villages.

Let's...lets not talk about the orgies.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 2, 2017

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Zoe posted:

But I wanted to talk about the orgies!

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

But I wanted to talk about the orgies!

This. Cannot. Continue.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, of what we've seen so far with the robo-womb and wacky world land over here, on a scale of 1 to 10 where do they rate on the game's craziness scale?

That's adorable, he thinks the madness can be quantified.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
For those of you with a PS4 who are still on the fence about buying this game (hint: buy this game), it's currently on sale this week as part of PSN's Golden Week sale in the US. $42 with PS Plus.

GOI
Aug 26, 2015
So Honest trailers jut did one for this game

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

GOI posted:

And it's spoilery as hell, so don't watch it if you care about that.

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017

Zoe posted:

This is why I don't think any of the ruins are really 10000 years old. After merging again at whatever point after the original Nier, the humans would have had plenty of time to rebuild. They kind of would have had to had something besides quaint fantasy villages in order to launch ships to the moon and build orbital bases full of androids and all that. So the ruins are probably uh...7000 years old? Wait nevermind that still doesn't make any sense.

Also I'm really starting to think the 'the Earth becomes a paradise for the machines' ending from the tutorial really is going to be the happiest one possible, now that we know the machines are adorable and like parties and building villages.

Why not talk about the orgies?

They're basically playing "House" on Hardcore Mode

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
So I finally broke down and bought this game. And a controller to play it. And a new graphics card to run it. gently caress me...

Can't wait to inevitably and unknowingly commit heinous crimes against everything good left in the world!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

So I finally broke down and bought this game. And a controller to play it. And a new graphics card to run it. gently caress me...

Can't wait to inevitably and unknowingly commit heinous crimes against everything good left in the world!

I'd debate the unknowingly. We all knew what we were signing up for when we bought a Yoko Taro game.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I meant more from 2B's point of view, I guess. I'm fully aware I'm about to do utterly monstrous things by playing this.

Nimsant
May 7, 2015
There are no rational numbers between 1 and 10 that could rate this game's craziness

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Nimsant posted:

There are no rational numbers between 1 and 10 that could rate this game's craziness

2pi? 9√2?

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Next update ought to be tomorrow. I'm fixing up my computer today. Also my daughter started the third playthrough of this and I'm watching that. Also I'll probably be starting a goddamn Limbo of the Lost revisit VLP soon thanks to Patreon nonsense. So that'll be fun... Fun. Fun...? In the meantime, I'm doing a stream of the final three episode of Twin Peaks over here at 10:00 PM EDT, if that's your kinda scene:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/2a7ywrawYVH

Feel free to watch the origin of an 26 year set of blueballs.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The Dark Id posted:

Also I'll probably be starting a goddamn Limbo of the Lost revisit VLP soon thanks to Patreon nonsense.

Why.

Id. Why.

why

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GOI posted:

Yeah, don't look this up if you haven't played through the game all the way, and I mean ALL THE WAY.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

The Dark Id posted:

Also I'll probably be starting a goddamn Limbo of the Lost revisit VLP soon thanks to Patreon nonsense. So that'll be fun... Fun. Fun...?

Oh yeah, I think you mentioned that idea back when you streamed Limbo (I think that's what it was anyway). You didn't have a copy of the "game" and asked us to contact, and I quote, "our shadiest associates" to find one. Glad that's been taken care of!

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Coughing Hobo posted:

Why.

Id. Why.

why

I was drunk this morning and thought it would be a funny thing to do as a goof. :suicide:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The Dark Id posted:

I was drunk this morning and thought it would be a funny thing to do as a goof. :suicide:

You can't let yourself just play a good game and that's it, can you? You don't feel alive unless you're undergoing some kind of video game punishment?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Could be worse.
At least it's not The Making Of A Prophet by one M. Dickie :shepface:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

You can't let yourself just play a good game and that's it, can you? You don't feel alive unless you're undergoing some kind of video game punishment?

He is perpetually trapped... in a never-ending spiral of loving and poo poo. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed Id with this cryptic puzzle... and wonder if he’ll ever have the chance to kill him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Coughing Hobo posted:

I'd would probably go insane and/or explode if he found satisfaction with his existence.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

"My doctor wasn't very happy about the condition of my liver. But I'm still drinking a lot. I might drop dead at any minute." - The Dark Id

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Dark Id posted:

Also I'll probably be starting a goddamn Limbo of the Lost revisit VLP soon thanks to Patreon nonsense.

Please Id, think of your poor liver. Has it not suffered enough!?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

The Dark Id posted:

Shut up and give me your patreon so I can give you my money!

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

The Dark Id posted:

Next update ought to be tomorrow. I'm fixing up my computer today. Also my daughter started the third playthrough of this and I'm watching that. Also I'll probably be starting a goddamn Limbo of the Lost revisit VLP soon thanks to Patreon nonsense. So that'll be fun... Fun. Fun...? In the meantime, I'm doing a stream of the final three episode of Twin Peaks over here at 10:00 PM EDT, if that's your kinda scene:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/2a7ywrawYVH

Feel free to watch the origin of an 26 year set of blueballs.

This is starting at the top of the hour! Come at least see why that final episode was some bullshit!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
As much as I love seeing Nier and its associated games being LP'd, the way you LP'd crappy games and added your own beautiful touches and custom dialogue in the past was magical. Vincent making an extended Sonic the Hedgehog metaphor about making GBS threads himself still makes me giggle like a child.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Part of me is still struggling to process the fact that this game even exists, even after playing through it myself. I played Drakengard when it first came out, I've been watching this craziness play out from the very beginning. What a loving surreal industry success story.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I remember my dad telling me when I was younger "Sometimes it's not what you know, it's who you know."

Yoko Taro is a living, breathing example of the latter. Dude's got friends in surprisingly high places.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

When did you start drinking...?

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Implying TDI has ever stopped drinking

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Sum Gai posted:

It doesn't count as too early if you never stop :eng101:

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Sum Gai posted:

Two in the morning.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I can't wait until TDI and Yoko Taro somehow meet thanks to their drunken benders.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Maybe they already have, but with no recollection?

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Weeble posted:

This would explain so many things, especially Drakengard 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Weeble posted:

Have they ever been seen together?

• Locked thread