Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I love this crazy bastard

And to think, he's been around for 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

Also gently caress returning characters, everyone who mattered already came back go for all new guys.

Ugh Batgirl isn't in the roster yet but at the same time if we go all new they might have to scrape Booster Gold out of the bottom of the barrel

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Lurdiak posted:

Who's the fuckers voting for all-new. I want Lobo back.

How about handsome Lobo?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

How about handsome Lobo?

He dead.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

How about handsome Lobo?

lol more like lame-bo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

If we get any evil superman in a rad armor we're much more likely to get this one, from the Elseworlds comic where Superman's rocket landed on Apokolips.

I dunno about the whole armor but that version's chest emblem showed up in the customization trailer.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Ugh Batgirl isn't in the roster yet but at the same time if we go all new they might have to scrape Booster Gold out of the bottom of the barrel

Batgirl can stay the gently caress gone. Nobody liked playing against her in injustice 1.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bring back Batgirl and her bolo vortex.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
When's playable Azrael, his grumpy butt would fit right in

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I never finished the first Injustice. Should I fire it up on the PS4 and beat story mode before the new game? I only ask since I remember going through MK9's story mode before 10 was really rough due to some of the bad matches the game would throw at you in story mode, like fighting two characters back to back without healing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Injustice's story mode has easier fights but it's interspersed with dumb minigames that may or may not annoy you.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's worth watching the first game's story on YouTube if nothing else just so you know where things kind of stand in 2. Lil under 2 hours long without the fights

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of story, I love Taylor is back writing the comic

:allears:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The "don't do it alone your ideals are scary Bruce" thing seems to carry over into the game itself, going by some lines from one of the story trailers a while ago. I like that Batman is kind of being forced into the public eye with no secrets. It's real weird for everyone involved.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

How about handsome Lobo?

I'm so glad they didn't try to be bullheaded and just flushed this design.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Brosnan posted:

Man I love NRS threads.

So, what's the answer? Do we even know? From what I'd read, I thought the gear erasure, or whatever you'd want to call it, from competitive was just going to be baselining all the stats, so they're the same no matter what, not removing the gear entirely. Will it be like variations in MKX? Or are they just balancing it completely without those things.

Evil Canadian posted:

Well you are already in the thread for the better of the two games :getin:

*ed*

Also gently caress returning characters, everyone who mattered already came back go for all new guys.

Umm, excuse me, Nightwing is still not in the game and he was the best. :colbert:

But, as we all know, they're going to put Plastic Man in the game, so I'm fine with Nightwing being absent.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 3, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Evil Canadian posted:

Batgirl can stay the gently caress gone. Nobody liked playing against her in injustice 1.

She was pretty busted, yeah.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WarEternal posted:

So, what's the answer? Do we even know? From what I'd read, I thought the gear erasure, or whatever you'd want to call it, from competitive was just going to be baselining all the stats, so they're the same no matter what, not removing the gear entirely. Will it be like variations in MKX? Or are they just balancing it completely without those things.

If Smash Bros tournaments at Evo don't bother with custom movesets then neither will they bother with anything for Injustice 2. It'd be too much a hassle to prep all those goddamn loadouts, not to mention ensure a console has all of them (I assume this was a problem with the Smash Bros stuff too, especially because it would take you an ungodly amount of time to get everyone's variations.) All balancing and official stats will likely just stem from the base moves characters have, I can't imagine it would be any other way

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Turn 'em all on at once, I say.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

But I really like one of her most recent costumes. :/

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The solution is simple, use Cassandra or Stephanie batgirl and have her play entirely differently. Or just Spoiler, that's fine too.

Also: DLC Hawkgirl that's actually worth playing as opposed to the 1 version.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oracle Batgirl, with ramps between stage transitions.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

please do not put noted bad characters Hawkman or Hawkgirl in this game

the only Batgirl I could accept would be Cassandra Cain complete with stitched mask

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Nah it's gotta be babs. That hair :3:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I didn't really pay attention to the competitive scene in Injustice 1, but I played a lot of Hawkgirl. Why don't people like her?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

She never really felt good to play and they never patched her to be worth the effort, competitively speaking. By the end of the patches she wasn't completely poo poo but there was a whole cast of characters that did her job better. I put a lot of effort into her personally before giving up and moving over to Bane when they made him worth playing.

Bane's new overhead tools got me really excited for this game but I don't know if it's enough to outweigh the looming shadow of DLC announced pre release date.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bane was always worth playing and same will go for Bane 2.0 :colbert:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bane's even more worthwhile to play as with his better methods of entry, insane damage boosters, and fullscreen "gently caress you, zoners" super

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MinibarMatchman posted:

If Smash Bros tournaments at Evo don't bother with custom movesets then neither will they bother with anything for Injustice 2

The smash bros tournament community shouldn't be used as a predictive model of anything but thrown controllers.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The smash bros tournament community shouldn't be used as a predictive model of anything but thrown controllers feces.

Ftfy

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It was competitive pokemans players that got banned for throwing feces actually. Please get your Nintendo's Games For Children straight here.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the competitive Mace: The Dark Age community is all class

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

MinibarMatchman posted:

Bane's even more worthwhile to play as with his better methods of entry, insane damage boosters, and fullscreen "gently caress you, zoners" super

Bane was absolute trash on release, getting actual dashes, venom defense buffs and strings that weren't like -20 on block or something made him much better. Now he looks like he could be even better, but his damage seems lower and his specials are easier to punish. Hopefully that works out!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I actually have more faith in the mortal combat people to balance different movesets than I do in Nintendo. It's not hard to imagine them pulling it off.

Gorilla Grodd looks so cool. Giving him a combo where he makes people punch themselves is a new kind of gangster I wasn't aware existed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The smash bros tournament community shouldn't be used as a predictive model of anything

agreed but it's the only one I can think of that has "alternate moves"

Babe Magnet posted:

the competitive Mace: The Dark Age community is all class

I only play upper tier characters like Lord Deimos and Pojo

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Bane was absolute trash on release, getting actual dashes, venom defense buffs and strings that weren't like -20 on block or something made him much better. Now he looks like he could be even better, but his damage seems lower and his specials are easier to punish. Hopefully that works out!

from the stream I watched, Bane with level 3 Venom has the highest damage potential of like the whole roster, it's some scary poo poo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dude has an 80-something % super like holy heck

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

MinibarMatchman posted:

from the stream I watched, Bane with level 3 Venom has the highest damage potential of like the whole roster, it's some scary poo poo

I was speaking more to his average damage around level 1 or 2 where you're not just praying for a level 3 hit, which is far less common in practice the better the competition gets.

Level 3 raw super % is definitely nuts though, feels like it should be a big reward for blowing out all of your resources so I dig it.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Crowetron posted:

I didn't really pay attention to the competitive scene in Injustice 1, but I played a lot of Hawkgirl. Why don't people like her?

I recall her being somewhat of a counterpick against someone good, maybe Superman?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Flinger posted:

I recall her being somewhat of a counterpick against someone good, maybe Superman?

I've been watching a lot of Injustice 1 tournaments replays lately and it seems like she's a good counter to both Superman and Aquaman. Also I bought Injustice Ultimate Edition because it's gonna be like a year before IJ2 comes out on PC, well playd NRS :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

She never really felt good to play and they never patched her to be worth the effort, competitively speaking. By the end of the patches she wasn't completely poo poo but there was a whole cast of characters that did her job better. I put a lot of effort into her personally before giving up and moving over to Bane when they made him worth playing.

I liked Hawkgirl mostly for the fantastic sound effects for smashin' some dudes face with a spiked mace. I also thought she had some good options for getting in and generally decent mobility. Her trait was up there with Cyborg's in terms of uselessness though.

As an aside, this is probably an old question, but do I really have to shell out 100 bucks to play as my fav space cop John Stewart?

• Locked thread