Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I too drop trou randomly outside cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/janeenorman/status/859655300424413184

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Mining giant Adani faces a possible multi-million-dollar fine after sediment water eight times above authorised levels was discharged from the Abbot Point coal terminal last month, the ABC can reveal.

How the making GBS threads gently caress does anything involving the names Adani or Abbott even exist. Truly the darkest timeline.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

That'll get swept under the carpet in no time

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbott%27s_booby

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
OK so maybe the power of boobies is enough to negate the shite of Abbott.

----------------------------

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/859696930863030272

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bogan King posted:

OK so maybe the power of boobies is enough to negate the shite of Abbott.

----------------------------

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/859696930863030272

I know, I will threaten the press. That will make them not go to the press.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I like that in our country it's illegal to strike.

Wait no the other one. I loving loathe that.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/oz_f/status/859704636504031233

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

hooman posted:

You would have thought it would lead to a lot more wildcat strikes, but nope. I doubt most Australians are even aware of its illegality.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Life comes at you fast.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Kaaaarp

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Shevan Bields.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

I work for Fairfax. This is going to be a fun week.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ShoeFly posted:

How in touch are they with the idea of working on a dying form of media? Like is there a plan for transitioning to that new fangled internet thingie the kids are talking about or are they buying shares in the nearest pulp mill?

Oh wait sorry I thought it was 1997 not 2017. So anyway I guess my question stands.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ShoeFly posted:

Condolences Shoefly.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/laurenwaldhuter/status/859582472761204736

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Tony Abbott criticises Malcolm Turnbull for failing to appoint him to cabinet

Tony Abbott has criticised Malcolm Turnbull for failing to appoint him to cabinet and made it clear he would keep speaking out as a “strong standard bearer” on conservative issues.

Talking openly about Mr Turnbull’s decision not to include him on the frontbench, Mr Abbott said he could have been made defence minister or offered a similar role “some time ago” but the PM wasn’t “serious about bringing me into his government”.

Mr Abbott stressed he had appointed Mr Turnbull to his shadow cabinet and then into cabinet after he won a Liberal Party leadership spill in 2009 and became prime minister in 2013.

“I never left him on the backbench for an extended period of time,” Mr Abbott told 2GB radio.

“So his way of dealing with things is obviously different from my way of dealing with things.

“I chose to bring the now prime minister into my government at the very beginning and he chose not to. That’s his call, that’s his judgment and I see absolutely no indication that he would ever want to change that.”

In a warning shot to Mr Turnbull, Mr Abbott did not rule out a future challenge for the top job, saying he would serve the party and country.

“But plainly the Prime Minister has come to a certain disposition about these things and, look, he’s entitled to make his call and I am just getting on with life as the best possible local member and from time-to-time someone who speaks out strongly I hope on issues where something needs to be said,” Mr Abbott said.

The Daily Telegraph columnist Miranda Divine has suggested Mr Abbott be appointed to the role of governor-general to ease tensions but the former PM said Sir Peter Cosgrove was doing a “wonderful job” and should have his term extended.

COMMENT: ‘Abbott for GG’ not the answer

Asked if he wanted to be governor-general, Mr Abbott said: “I want to continue to make a contribution to our public life in the parliament, which is exactly what I’m doing. You have an enormous amount of freedom as a backbench member of parliament and I intend to exercise that freedom because there’s a lot that’s right with our country, there’s a lot that’s wrong with our country and as a backbench member of parliament you’re free to call it for what it is, which is what I’m going to keep doing.

“I’ll also do my best from time to time to speak out on important local, national and international issues and to be a standard bearer for Liberal conservative values inside our party because frankly we need ... to have a strong standard bearer for Liberal conservative issues inside our party right now.”

Mr Turnbull has effectively ruled out a return of Mr Abbott to cabinet, noting the importance of renewal and to have more women and younger MPs in the mix.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...77f2579bbe547f8

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
My favourite thing about the Australian is when people let their wives comment on their accounts and they end their comment with "Wife".

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Nah, it's the ABC hit jobs that are just flat out bonkers

https://twitter.com/australian/status/859605612317093888

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

hooman posted:

I did not know that. What is the ethical reason they give for that? I mean officially.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

My favourite thing about the Australian is when people let their wives comment on their accounts and they end their comment with "Wife".

They should end comments with the serial number tattoo on the back of their neck and a photographed certificate of authenticity signed and stamped by Husband using a wax seal.

Also that certificate better be on genuine parchment.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You need to apply to fair work and follow laws. It's not actually illegal to take industrial action, but it is unlawful since there's a process. It was never lawful to strike either.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

You need to apply to fair work and follow laws. It's not actually illegal to take industrial action, but it is unlawful since there's a process. It was never lawful to strike either.

You're right but I can kind of see the logic.

If the ruling government isn't really bothering with protocol why should anyone else?

poo poo I hope the slide into leather jacket anarchy isn't precipitated by a newspaper walkout of all things.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

snoremac posted:

I did not know that. What is the ethical reason they give for that? I mean officially.

cfmeu bikies drugs people smugglers

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

DancingShade posted:

You're right but I can kind of see the logic.

If the ruling government isn't really bothering with protocol why should anyone else?

poo poo I hope the slide into leather jacket anarchy isn't precipitated by a newspaper walkout of all things.

I think it would be pretty drat ironic if it's a Fairfax strike, of all things, that goes down in history as the beginning of a wider campaign that ultimately results in the ALP having their hand forced into to overturning the shittier components of the Fair Work Act having pounded Trumble into the ground at the next election.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
First Dog

https://twitter.com/davpope/status/859685408208150528

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/859876333261774848

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/michaelkoziol/status/859889467632386048

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“How many times can we ­attack our own people? We whack them on super, on pensions, we whack them with income tax increases and now we want to whack our aspirationals who want to send their kids to school,”

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

“How many times can we ­attack our own people? We whack them on super, on pensions, we whack them with income tax increases and now we want to whack our aspirationals who want to send their kids to school,”

------------------

Anidav and his nutmilk are destroying Australia. The dairy industry claim that calling it soy MILK is too confusing for people who may actually want cows milk

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
malk

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

better rev up the hate machines at coconut milk

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

imagine being a person who drinks cows milk and then gets confused about what cows milk actually is

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Maybe recent immigrants with a poor understanding of English and/or old people? But that's a pretty small niche to hedge the survival of the dairy industry on.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I don't buy nut milk. I use my nut bags to milk my own nuts and drink it straight.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Can't wait till they attack herpetologists for milking snakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

You just put your nuts in the nut sack and milk your nuts and drink it.

It's simple and delicious and a cheap source of nourishment.

• Locked thread