Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tunklord Supreme posted:

uh what just happened

turns out when you absorb the entire Darkhold into your bot brain and then print a new human body and copy it over, you end up a completely loving badass necromancer.

e: also fitz getting ready to just start throwing up and not stopping was played perfectly. "I wanted to do those things. It felt natural. I think I'm a bad person now." just made me :stonk: for a full minute. It's skin crawling stuff.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That trailer for next week. "Who is this guy?" "The quick version is, you can go ahead and shoot him."

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
My first thought about AIDA teleporting away is that she had Incepted that group and they're still in the Framework... like Daisy and Simmons are actually out (they're about to be shot down, after all), but the rest are still inside.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, does every season have to have Fitz just become emotionally and mentally devastated at the end? Because we are 3 out of 4 now and I just want the poor guy to finally catch a loving break.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

So, does every season have to have Fitz just become emotionally and mentally devastated at the end? Because we are 3 out of 4 now and I just want the poor guy to finally catch a loving break.

But he does it so well.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ApeHawk posted:

They can always bust out the Tahiti equipment.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Bruceski posted:

But he does it so well.

It's like in DS9 - O'Brien must suffer. He's too good at playing that role.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"We've got so many beautiful women on this show, we should have a damsel in distress thing for the end of the season." "How about the Scottish guy?" "That works."

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Daisy should have totally lied about Hope and just let it get sorted out later.

Yeah this, gosh real shame that your daughter disappeared but you'll get over it. I mean, the framework basically overwrote what a person wanted to do compared to before they went in (most prominently seen in Fitz), so maybe real Mack's thoughts and feelings toward Hope wouldn't be as strong as the Framework Mack who only has memories of a life with her.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I get why it would be hard at the time for Daisy to make the right call for Mack, with the confusing reality of the framework, Framework Mack's reasoning and the time pressure, but in the end it was a bad call.

Real world Mack would hate to be imprisoned in a world that messed with his mind to keep him happy.

He hated the LMDs and the VR ideas, it seems tragic to leave him in there because he feels happy now and because that is his fake self's wish. I kind of think they'll go the "Source Code" way and have the framework-verse persist even when they destroy the stuff that power it from the real world, but that still would be tragic for real-world Mack.

Hopefully there'll be a plan to get him out from the real world-side. Which is what I thought would happen (for the most part of this episode anyway) with Fitz's case, and I did appreciate that as a better plan than what Simmons went for, even though that turned out ok in the end.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dracorion posted:

It wasn't the same special effect though. Gordon did a forcefield-ish thing when he teleported, whereas Aida's was more Nightcrawler-like.

I honest to god shouted "How the gently caress did she bamf?!" when she teleported.

Bet she included activated inhuman genes in her new body....or inactive ones, and she just finished terrigenesis when she walked in.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

NowonSA posted:

Yeah this, gosh real shame that your daughter disappeared but you'll get over it. I mean, the framework basically overwrote what a person wanted to do compared to before they went in (most prominently seen in Fitz), so maybe real Mack's thoughts and feelings toward Hope wouldn't be as strong as the Framework Mack who only has memories of a life with her.

That's not his daughter. That's the whole thing. We don't know when Hope died but she's dead dead gone and presumably before Aida was able to scan her consciousness. What you see as Hope is nothing more than the idea of Hope from Mack's own memories that were scanned.

Radcliffe (and his dead girlfriend) are an entirely different story. They were scanned from real people, so whatever is living and representing them right now are actual memories of the real people who lived up to some point. Hope is just a memory of what Mack remembers and/or hopes for.

Daisy totally made the wrong call.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This show is goddamn peerless when it hits its highs.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Boris Galerkin posted:

That's not his daughter. That's the whole thing. We don't know when Hope died but she's dead dead gone and presumably before Aida was able to scan her consciousness. What you see as Hope is nothing more than the idea of Hope from Mack's own memories that were scanned.

It's not Hope in that it's not the same person, and maybe the idea of her having a soul is debatable (as people have argued earlier in the thread), but Hope is more than just an idea fashioned from Mack's memories. She's a recreation of the actual Hope inasmuch as everyone else in the Framework is a recreation of a real person. Again, they've explicitly said this in the past--in the ep right before the Framework arc started, they straight up say that the Framework is a duplicate of our world, and that it's populated with the 7 billion people from our world, and the way Aida got doubles of 7 billion people in there is through the magic of the Darkhold.

Argue fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 3, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
What, yeah dude you're daughter is waiting in the real world, she kept asking when her dad was gonna stop playing that dumb-rear end video game, jump in to the portal!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Argue posted:

It's not Hope in that it's not the same person, and maybe the idea of her having a soul is debatable (as people have argued earlier in the thread), but Hope is more than just an idea fashioned from Mack's memories. She's a recreation of the actual Hope inasmuch as everyone else in the Framework is a recreation of a real person. Again, they've explicitly said this in the past--in the ep right before the Framework arc started, they straight up say that the Framework is a duplicate of our world, and that it's populated with the 7 billion people from our world, and the way Aida got doubles of 7 billion people in there is through the magic of the Darkhold.

You need data to recreate a person in the Framework. What data did they have of Hope? Only the memories inside Mack's head.

She's not real.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Argue posted:

howd she get ward

and trip

man i miss those dudes.

bring back bill paxton you hack frauds

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Boris Galerkin posted:

You need data to recreate a person in the Framework. What data did they have of Hope? Only the memories inside Mack's head.

She's not real.

Literally magic. Again, they explicitly asked how and they just said "magic" (specifically "The Darkhold" followed by Spanish swearing) and don't explain further.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Hope isn't a construct of Mac's memories, she's a construct of the collective experience that is the Framework. Memories, interactions, and experiences made her who she is just like they do anyone else. It just happens all of hers are artificial.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Uh, if Aida and Radcliffe didn't go off book with this project it would have been great for Mack to have a pseudo-world to peacefully honors his daughter's memory. Honestly, the problem here is that the Framework is kinda really a great idea but someone's always trying to do something evil.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Uh, if Aida and Radcliffe didn't go off book with this project it would have been great for Mack to have a pseudo-world to peacefully honors his daughter's memory. Honestly, the problem here is that the Framework is kinda really a great idea but someone's always trying to do something evil.

The concept was just an idea before Radcliffe got the Darkhold, literal dark magic made it a reality. I don't think even in be whizbang sci-fi world of SHIELD something that extensive and all-encompassing (and occasionally deadly) would be possible. Pretty sure "if you die in the game you die in real life" was not on his list of features when he planned it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

NowonSA posted:

You could also make him feel a lot better by giving him first crack at the evil robot. Mack hates him some robots.

Argue posted:

They don't have souls and they aren't real. Remember when Daisy told Jemma not to feel bad about killing Allister because he was a collection of 1s and 0s? And she would know because she's also a techno wizard computer hacker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

"We've got so many beautiful women on this show, we should have a damsel in distress thing for the end of the season." "How about the Scottish guy?" "That works."

I can't lie, this is pretty much my favorite thing about the show.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argh god drat it Daisy you don't tell him the truth. You lie to him, brutally if need be. Tell him Hope needs him in the real world, whatever it takes to get him through that portal. Even if it makes him hate you once he's there.

Mack better get out of this alive :mad:

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Dracorion posted:

It wasn't the same special effect though. Gordon did a forcefield-ish thing when he teleported, whereas Aida's was more Nightcrawler-like.

Gordon didn't always do the forcefield thing, just when he was dropping in to a dangerous situation. In the flashback to when he'd first changed, when he left after introducing himself to Daisy, and in the fight on the ship where they killed him, his effect looked the same as AIDA's.

Edit: and it means Gordon was probably in Fitz's torture chair thing. It was Gordon's powers that led both Shield and Hydra to the Inhumans, so they know how to track him. He might have even been the first.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
If Mac wants to stay with Hope, let him

Bring back Trip instead

TRIP IS WAY BETTER :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Download Trip into Mack's body. Everyone's happy.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Aida probably downloaded all of the files from SHIELD'S mainframe and that's how she knew about all the inhuman stuff.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

BlueBayou posted:

TRIP IS WAY BETTER :colbert:

Trip never had a shotgun axe

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
This better mean we're going to end the season with an epic Ophelia vs Daisy super powered throw-down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

This better mean we're going to end the season with an epic Ophelia vs Daisy super powered throw-down.

Who will be holding the door shut?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
A Daisy vs Ophelia super-showdown ends when May magdumps into Ophelia's torso.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

poo poo who was holding the door in that lovely heroes episode, was it Mohinder?

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 3, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I've changed my mind. For Ophelia, all roads lead the the Ghost Rider.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Good episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Neat.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

OB_Juan posted:

I've changed my mind. For Ophelia, all roads lead the the Ghost Rider.

Ghost Quake tagteam vs. AIDA. Superior gets chumped by Coulson and May.

Bonus points if Mack gets to Shotgun Axe the gently caress out of Aida to finish things.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

...really? Couldn't knock him out and throw him in or something?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Which thing will Aida/Ophelia get Penanced for?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Which thing will Aida/Ophelia get Penanced for?

Just like Eli, stealing material from Hell. And killing people too I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

e: also fitz getting ready to just start throwing up and not stopping was played perfectly. "I wanted to do those things. It felt natural. I think I'm a bad person now." just made me :stonk: for a full minute. It's skin crawling stuff.

Fitz didn't say "I think I'm a bad person now."

He said "I think that I'm a bad person", which is more horrifying.

• Locked thread