Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

we need a palette cleanser, have a story with at least one genuinely good human being in it

I [27M] have practically raising my landlords [60sF] grandchildren [13F/9F], I want to move to a different city

Too be fair he could easily gain custody of those two girls. I know people think that there's a bias against single men looking after girls but that rarely translates to legal cases. I mean the grandma would probably sign them over at the drop of a hat since she seems like a slimeball but even if she fought him I bet he could easily win since he's basically got all of the key elements human services and child welfare look for when relocating kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
More proof that religion fucks people up:
My [28m] fiancee [24f] wants to combine our bank accounts into one to make budgeting for the wedding easier. I feel like she is jumping the gun.

quote:

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read.

We've been together three years and engaged for a few months now. I understand it's a normal thing for married couples to have a joint account but I have some concerns. Background:

We met during a Church retreat and right away hit it off. She is born again, I've practiced all my life. I am a virgin, she is not. Being that she is born again we haven't had sex yet because we want to wait until marriage, but she HAS slept with multiple people long before giving up her past to start her new life. Obviously this is intimidating for me.

I work full time and do fairly well for myself, she is unemployed. She gets an allowance from her family and that's what she uses for her own personal expenses, (shopping, eating out with friends, etc.)

I am not sure if it is my ego getting in the way here, but lately I'm having trouble dealing with the fact that she wants a joint account BEFORE we are married, when I am the only one with a job but it would be considered "our money". At the same time she wants to wait for sex until AFTER we are married, even though she has had tons of sex before and I never have.

Am I being crazy and insecure? She's the love of my life and I want to and will be proud to provide for her for the rest of our lives, I just can't shake these things.

tl;dr Future wife saving sex for marriage even though she's had it before and I'm a virgin but she also wants to share a bank account/finances before marriage even though she doesn't work.
Make up your mind dude. Is it "we" who have decided to wait until marriage, or are you a sex starved 28 year old virgin lunatic who resents your fiancee for not putting out? Hmm...

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Anony Mouse posted:

Make up your mind dude. Is it "we" who have decided to wait until marriage, or are you a sex starved 28 year old virgin lunatic who resents your fiancee for not putting out? Hmm...
That seems like the weirdest part of the story to focus on. I think waiting for marriage is dumb, but even in the context of it being dumb a do-over is obviously extra dumb and so he is incredibly rightfully viewing it as weird that she's gonnna coincidentally choose this one time in her life to forgo sex but still can't wait to get access to his bank account.

Like she's so in the wrong it practically reads like stdh.txt meant to bait other subforums.

e: where is the thread? I wanna read the comments.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
found it lol

quote:

For example (we live in a smallish town by the way) every third Saturday there is a huge roundup - basically a big block party. There is a guy she has had sex with in the past who is now married and now religious and he and his wife have a family.
Everytime we go to the roundup they end up running off alone together and hanging out one on one and I've told her it bothers me. She says things like "if you had actually lived a real life you would know this isn't a big deal and nothing to freak out about"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Screwing that guys wife is the only way to even things up.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 3, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

found it lol

I hope this guy has watched enough tawdry Investigation Discovery shows to know how this all ends.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Just laugh at the 28yo virgin imo

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ArbitraryC posted:

found it lol

lol I was on her side mostly in the OP, since he doesn't get to complain about the no sex thing since it's his thing too. Joining bank accounts would make wedding planning way easier if she's doing most of the planning. Having to either have him come along or wait to get a check from him is annoying and if they're going to join finances after anyways it doesn't really matter.

But then there's that, which reads an awful lot like she's cheating on him.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
How would it make it easier? She has no job.

I don't understand these grown adults that aren't in school and don't have kids, yet don't work.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ArbitraryC posted:

I wasn't talking about power of attorney I was talking about the two kids living with the parent who physically abused them in the first place. Presumably she was not born as a 24 year old (not sure if you knew).

So your reading skills do suck rear end then because it says in the post the abuse didn't start right away. Try to sarcasm only when you've read something properly.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Too be fair he could easily gain custody of those two girls. I know people think that there's a bias against single men looking after girls but that rarely translates to legal cases. I mean the grandma would probably sign them over at the drop of a hat since she seems like a slimeball but even if she fought him I bet he could easily win since he's basically got all of the key elements human services and child welfare look for when relocating kids.

I hope so, I hope there's a heartwarming update

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't understand these grown adults that aren't in school and don't have kids, yet don't work.

Mooching is incredible, and its why you have to try and marry rich.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Blue Train posted:

Just laugh at the 28yo virgin imo

I keep running across posts in r/relationships and r/sex where super old virgins come in asking if they're normal, and everyone is always like "no big deal! Everyone matures differently!"

And I'm just like no. NO. NO. NO.

If I had encountered late virgin when I was single I would have run for the hills. Even terrible people and autists and ham planets can get their bits touched these days.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bamabalacha posted:

I keep running across posts in r/relationships and r/sex where super old virgins come in asking if they're normal, and everyone is always like "no big deal! Everyone matures differently!"

And I'm just like no. NO. NO. NO.

If I had encountered late virgin when I was single I would have run for the hills. Even terrible people and autists and ham planets can get their bits touched these days.

I dunno, I had a friend who was ripped to gently caress and not terrible looking and he remained a virgin till 25 despite being perfectly normal in every other respect. Sometimes life is weird.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

You can't do it after the fact. If they have established power of attorney on the account, then anything the person with POA does while it is in force is essentially the same as if you had done it. Since she said she has given her mother POA over all of her accounts, then I am assuming this was done with a trip to the bank with her and her mother, not an external legal document. If her mother has a legal power of attorney document for her then then it will be a lot harder to untangle. If it is just with her bank(s) then she just needs to go in and say "please remove this POA." Either way the money is gone and she isn't getting it back.

I don't think this is entirely true. A person with Power of Attorney is legally obligated to only act in the best interests of the other party, it's not a blank check to do whatever the gently caress you like with another person's money. IANAL but I would imagine that unless the mother could prove she transferred that $15K exclusively for her daughters benefit, then she's committed theft and could be legally forced to return it.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm assuming here that she's doing most of the wedding planning and he's paying for most of the wedding since that's her stated reason for wanting to join finances early. It's easier because she can just write a check to a vendor instead of having to have him with her or wait to get home, have him write one and mail it out.

I don't understand adult moochers either, but since that didn't seem to be his problem I didn't want to get into it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It seems the 4th iteration has control over russia again.

mind blown

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Girlfriend (22F) asks me point blank if I'm less attracted to her because she put on weight. Do I (23F) lie? What should I say?

quote:

We've been together almost 2 years.

Weight has been something that hosed with her for her entire life. I would never ever ever bring it up on my own. Never. Even perceived or minor accidental slights in the past I have seen completely shatter her self-esteem / worth.

But recently she gained kind of a bit of weight and its noticeable and she's been asking me during sex or when I'm touching her body if I find her less attractive because of it. Truth is I do.. But I just say nahh and dismiss it. Occasionally she'll then press me for more, "No, you like my body?"

I don't want to lie because I don't really like it. But I am really very sure that I don't want to tell the truth. Dismissing works great, but what about when it comes to actively saying I like something that I don't like? Is there any way around this?

All of the comments are saying to tell her she's less attracted now and she'll appreciate the honesty :allears:

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 3, 2017

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Ouhei posted:

I don't understand adult moochers either, but since that didn't seem to be his problem I didn't want to get into it.
That's exactly his problem though; he doesn't want to share his money with her.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tender Bender posted:

Girlfriend (22F) asks me point blank if I'm less attracted to her because she put on weight. Do I (23F) lie? What should I say?

All of the comments are saying to tell her he's less attracted now and she'll appreciate his honesty :allears:

hahahahahahaha

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

All of the comments are saying to tell her he's less attracted now and she'll appreciate his honesty :allears:

Come on post the update where you followed the advice.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Anony Mouse posted:

[Guy who is bitter about fiance having sex, wanting joint accounts, and running off with an ex lover]

Wow. Is it "burying the lede" if it's just ledes all the way down?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 3, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

WoodrowSkillson posted:

hahahahahahaha

Tender Bender posted:

Get out, seriously? :laffo::laffo: that's sabotage

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wow. Is it "burying the lede" if it's just ledes all the way down?

You're burying ledes under ledes, so yes

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

A part of me derives some kind of cosmic schadenfreudic pleasure that gay people are now free enough to love who they wish, and are normalized enough that they can fall into a million of the same identical loving traps that straight people have been dealing with forever.

It's just so painfully normal that this is happening to this woman that it somehow is reassuring.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

That's exactly his problem though; he doesn't want to share his money with her.

Then he shouldn't be marrying a grown rear end woman that has no job/money of her own and gets all of "her" money from her parents. What exactly did he expect to happen after they got married?

I mean, I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to join themselves forever with someone that doesn't have a job and doesn't seem to ever want one, but that situation has been the same while they've been together and he proposed/wants to be with her anyways.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

scamming adult virgins by telling them you're born again so you can avoid ever touching them until after you've talked them into merging finances and milked them dry is incredible

the fact that she's still loving her ex and straight-up telling him "if you weren't such a loving loser you'd see this is actually normal and fine" and he loving accepts that is next-level

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ouhei posted:

Then he shouldn't be marrying a grown rear end woman that has no job/money of her own and gets all of "her" money from her parents. What exactly did he expect to happen after they got married?

I mean, I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to join themselves forever with someone that doesn't have a job and doesn't seem to ever want one, but that situation has been the same while they've been together and he proposed/wants to be with her anyways.

why, given what is shown in the OP, are you expecting dude's life plan to be any more involved than no sex --> marry first girl who'll talk to him --> the Rapture

My [37M] son [16M] "superkicked" my nephew [11M] and knocked 2 of his teeth out. My sister [34F] is demanding I pay the dental bill. I don't have the money.

quote:

I understand completely where my sister is coming from. My son has been grounded for that stupid prank. I wanted to post this earlier, but decided to wait until I spoke to my sister again.

2 nights ago my son tried to phantom kick my nephew when he was visiting with my niece (14f). My nephew walked around the corner and my son super kicked him in the mouth by mistake. He knocked two of my nephews teeth out. One of his teeth is lose and the other came out. My sister was livid. I don't have the money to pay for the dental work. My car was stolen not that long ago, and I had to use my savings for a new one. I also have to pay for the house. I told my sister this and she could not give a gently caress. She told me I have to pay for it.

lol gee I wonder where the kid gets it from

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 3, 2017

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
So no insurance on the car? Great life choices, mom!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

kicked him in the mouth by mistake.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

"prank"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A part of me derives some kind of cosmic schadenfreudic pleasure that gay people are now free enough to love who they wish, and are normalized enough that they can fall into a million of the same identical loving traps that straight people have been dealing with forever.

It's just so painfully normal that this is happening to this woman that it somehow is reassuring.

Ok I'm embarrassed that I didn't even notice they were both women :smith:

I've definitely bookmarked that one, can't wait for the update.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Heteronormativity bad itt

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

He meant to take out an eye, not teeth.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

why, given what is shown in the OP, are you expecting dude's life plan to be any more involved than no sex --> marry first girl who'll talk to him --> the Rapture

I'm not. I'm just pointing out that this woman having access to his bank bank account/money is the logical conclusion for their relationship and has been obvious from the get go. That he would be okay with it after they're married but not while they're engaged and planning their wedding is a hilariously weird line to draw. Him equating it out to sex is also hilarious because assuming he really buys into the no sex before marriage thing, it's not comparable at all.

To be clear: I think he's a big dumb dumb that's not actually okay with the fact that his wife has had sex before and clearly never thought about the reality of his wife having no money/income of her own. She's more than likely sleeping with her ex and is thus a terrible person.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I honestly blame the dudes super hosed up logic on wanting to find a way to mentally make it ok to break it off with his fiance without admitting that she is constantly cheating on him.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ouhei posted:

I'm not. I'm just pointing out that this woman having access to his bank bank account/money is the logical conclusion for their relationship and has been obvious from the get go. That he would be okay with it after they're married but not while they're engaged and planning their wedding is a hilariously weird line to draw. Him equating it out to sex is also hilarious because assuming he really buys into the no sex before marriage thing, it's not comparable at all.

To be clear: I think he's a big dumb dumb that's not actually okay with the fact that his wife has had sex before and clearly never thought about the reality of his wife having no money/income of her own. She's more than likely sleeping with her ex and is thus a terrible person.

no but see a wife's duty is to obey so once they're hitched he can just tell her to get a job and she'll do it and God will make sure it's a really good one

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

A common mistake sixteen year olds make with eleven year olds.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Ouhei posted:

He doesn't mind giving her money if he's getting laid. This is a common attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I was like 100 pages behind and skipped to the current page, if I skipped any good stories let me know

Wife [37F] told me that she slept with another woman, am I [37M] an idiot for being angry?

quote:

Married for 8 years, with two beautiful kids, we've had our ups and lots of downs. My wife is semi-bi and we've joked about (but never acted on) introducing a third into our sex life. Fast forward this weekend, she goes out with a (girl) friend who happens to be in an open marriage, They both come home drunk and wake me to convince me to come down and drink. I decline (it was my turn to get up for the kids), and go back to sleep. Wake at 5, realize the wife is not in bed, go downstairs and see that she left a note saying that they both went out again. I initially thought it strange given that the pubs and nightclubs around us close very early but didn't give it another thought. Anyway, next morning we have a movie date and babysitter for the kids, she comes home (telling me that she end up crashing at her friend's house) we walk to the movies, and on the way, she drops the bomb that she slept with her friend (the way she dropped it was strange, almost as though she found it funny)
I was shocked and felt immediately angry. I surprised myself, like most guys, I fantasized about lesbians, but the thought that my wife was intimate with another without my go head (whether male or female) really hurt. I felt that she violated our trust.
I'm now at the moment in a pub seriously contemplating ending the marriage over this.
Am I crazy? I still feel very angry about this. Is this valid? Will this go away?
TLDR; wife slept with another women, unsure whether my anger is valid
To answer some questions:
Update 1:
She assures me that she didn't have threesome with the husband. I believe her.
She said that she made light of it (when we were walking to movies) because of what we had previously talked about (although we've never talked about her sleeping with another women by herself and without my consent). However, she also said deep down she knew that I would be angry.
What hurts me the most, is that this isn't just a spur of the moment drunken thing. She told me they kissed at our house, and then she explicitly left to go back to the other women's house with intention to sleep with her.
The reason I'm contemplating divorce, is that we've had recent troubles with our marriage and have been seeing a counselor - so this is more like a straw that broke the camels back. However in saying that, things (I thought) were on the way up.
Update 2:
The reason she went back to their place was because our place is small and she said that she was worried that the kids or myself might wake up. The other husband wasn't involved in anyway, no participation or watching.
She is very sorry, but I'm unsure whether that's because I'm angry about it, or whether because she actually sees that she did the wrong thing.
She sent an email (she did this the day she told me without any push from me) to the other woman and broke off the friendship completely. The friend is now texting me telling me that I'm taking it too seriously and I should forgive my wife.
I'm seeing a counselor by myself tomorrow. While I still absolutely love this woman, I'm still unbelievably angry and hope to be able to get over that.