Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

holy poo poo its 3 hours long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Chief is the best character.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

holy poo poo its 3 hours too short.

Fixed that for you.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
That's Right, GUMSHOES!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what Mary Holland is trying to do, but she broke everyone and it's hilarious

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Franchescanado posted:

That's Right, GUMSHOES!

Thanks Obama! I love you!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Bone Queef is the best character. Bone like Bone Queef is the best character, queef like a pussy fart.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Bone Queef is the best character. Bone like Bone Queef is the best character, queef like a pussy fart.

I don't know if I prefer Bone Queef or Dr. Green, but they are both Very Good.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ming is best. Regina Crimp is second best. Chief is 3rd best

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

team #bonechief

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm having a hard time finding a reason why this episode shouldn't be in my top 10 CBB episodes. I know that's crazy, but that many guests in a podcast over 3 hours long should not have managed to make me laugh through the entire run time.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"he was the tallest man on earth yes and he had brown shoes"

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I love when Mary Holland comes in with the most paper thin of characters, and is able to absolutely destroy the entire room. I thought PFT was going to die at one point, he was laughing so hard.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Lock her up! Lock her up!

"I try everything I can to find Carmen Sandiego."
"What have you tried?"
"Huh?"

Cacator fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 2, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Franchescanado posted:

I have no idea what Mary Holland is trying to do, but she broke everyone and it's hilarious

Chucky Spliff, he's building a hotel down the hall, just trying to find a bathroom. Pretty straightforward.

What an great episode. Here's to 8 more years of talking to interesting people.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cacator posted:

"I try everything I can to find Carmen Sandiego."
"What have you tried?"
"Huh?"

I laughed so hard tears (for fears) fell.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I loved the story of Tears for Fears calling back to the Pie Minister.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the lock her up made me cry laughing

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I have bad opinions. I don't find Bonequeef very funny.

I loved this episode, and it was all funny, but it definitely dragged a little the last hour after Mary Holland and Lapkus left. I've listened to Mary Holland's part about 10 times already. She kills it.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Theres enough going on in this episode that everyone can find something to complain about. Personally i thought it was all funny except for Chucky Spliff but everyone else made it work

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Everyone loving with Kroll when they realized coming in late meant he didn't know any of the gimmicks or plots from earlier in the episode was the best

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i actually do not enjoy kroll that much on cbb, but yeah once the game became "reference things nick kroll was not there for" i was having fun

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ArtVandelay posted:

I have bad opinions. I don't find Bonequeef very funny.

I loved this episode, and it was all funny, but it definitely dragged a little the last hour after Mary Holland and Lapkus left. I've listened to Mary Holland's part about 10 times already. She kills it.

Bone like bonehead up there with the bad opinion, queef like a pussy fart

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Also I normally roll my eyes when people say stuff like this but I literally almost crashed my car when Ming said "I don't have anything to plug but I would like to tell you about a dream I had"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Ming is one of my favorite characters, and I'm honestly not sure why people dislike him so much. Also, this entire episode was great, and Bone Queef was the only character that didn't quite land for me, and I feel like she was only funny in that Chief wasn't going along with a lot of setups.

Also, the funniest part of the show was Lapkus flat-out refusing to do more of P'Nut.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

Ming is one of my favorite characters, and I'm honestly not sure why people dislike him so much. Also, this entire episode was great, and Bone Queef was the only character that didn't quite land for me, and I feel like she was only funny in that Chief wasn't going along with a lot of setups.

Also, the funniest part of the show was Lapkus flat-out refusing to do more of P'Nut.

His first appearance, when he was a sports journalist who didn't really know sports or anything about journalism, was okaynot funny. He's much funnier when he's defensive and refusing to be anyone's fool. He's no one's buster.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ming kills me every time. Makes me laugh more than almost anyone else. But it's also a white guy playing a character with a Asian accent, which is weird. Of course we've all laughed at Apu for 30 years so

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ArtVandelay posted:

I've listened to Mary Holland's part about 10 times already. She kills it.
lmao I was arguing last night with a dude on an earwolf facebook group last night who thought Mary Holland ruined the episode and was a lovely improviser. I nearly lost my poo poo. I mean, that's definitely her style, to come in with the thinest premise in the world, but just destroy it with her performance. And she obviously got the biggest laughs in the room.

cams posted:

i actually do not enjoy kroll that much on cbb, but yeah once the game became "reference things nick kroll was not there for" i was having fun
Lol I'm kinda the same. I used to love him, but really think he just kinda coasts on his charm and quick wits.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ManoliIsFat posted:

lmao I was arguing last night with a dude on an earwolf facebook group last night who thought Mary Holland ruined the episode and was a lovely improviser. I nearly lost my poo poo. I mean, that's definitely her style, to come in with the thinest premise in the world, but just destroy it with her performance. And she obviously got the biggest laughs in the room.

I will say that I thought Chucky Spliff was a bit of a weaker character than Janice Cramps, but anyone saying Mary Holland wasn't great is pretty much objectively incorrect.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

ManoliIsFat posted:

Lol I'm kinda the same. I used to love him, but really think he just kinda coasts on his charm and quick wits.
He's a comedian, those are the two requirements, charm and quick wits.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

He leans too much on comedy.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Ming is an interesting character because his ethnicity has 0% to do you do with the jokes he makes.
"Raise your hand if you're a woman."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Harvey Davidson, the Jewish motorcycle.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Garth_Marenghi posted:

He's a comedian, those are the two requirements, charm and quick wits.
Ha I totally agree, and that came out lovely. I in no way think he's not extremely funny. Oh, Hello! is unparalleled. But that's also some of the beauty, is when he has Mulaney who he's vibing with...they work better together as opposed to individuals. I'm talking about more in the improv, in the "game" of CBB sense. Like Gabrus, he can steamroll anything , be the dude center stage making the loudest joke. And it's delightful and works because of the power of his charm.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

Ming is an interesting character because his ethnicity has 0% to do you do with the jokes he makes.
"Raise your hand if you're a woman."

Yeah, that's why I think it's fine. Same with Victor and Tiny, the joke is never about their ethnicity, the closest it does is with Victor's speech impediment.

It hasn't been mentioned, but I really loved Gino and PFT ragging Scott for his "Jewy" name and Scott just trying to roll with the punches.

Is there any other good Mary Holland episodes that aren't behind a pay wall?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Franchescanado posted:

Is there any other good Mary Holland episodes that aren't behind a pay wall?

I loved her appearance in #477 "Two Fingers Wide" from March where she played a wealthy eccentric. Wild Horses as a group were also on great episodes of both Hollywood Handbook and With Special Guest around that time, if you're not a regular listener of both (shame on you) they're worth checking out.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Respect......my neck. Favorite line of the episode.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I think I spaced out for the Mary Holland bit, so I'm going to listen back since it's so acclaimed here, but I thought this episode was fantastic and finally got me to like Ming.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Ming's accent isn't 100% Asian, though. The voice reminds me of how some Scandinavian people speak English, too. It's very much its own peculiar thing that you can't pin down, which is probably why it doesn't come across as offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Ah, yes. The island of Scandinavia!