Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hedrigall posted:

PS: Who is this random dude in my av

A reverse image search only brought up one result:
https://www.somethingawful.com/cliff-yablonski/i-hate-you-90/

Yeah I have no idea either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Sick home from work so time to watch cartoons! Aristocats go! :toot:

PS: Who is this random dude in my av

GIS tells me that the image is "HEAD".

Seems pretty accurate, I guess.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Harold Krell posted:

It's funny because there's kind of this weird trend where these great actors' final movies will be these really terrible animated films, like academy-award winning Anne Bancroft's final picture was an animated film noted for having one of the worst box office openings of all time.

And it would be really sad if this thing was Sean Connery's last picture.

You're thinking of Orson Welles, right?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wish the Jim Parsons character didn't drag Home down because Tip is a great protagonist

and of course the film ends with a dance sequence

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Home is way better than it should have been

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Jim Parsons shows some wit, but god drat he plays some really loving insufferable characters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

His best role is Human Walter in the Man or Muppet number in The Muppets.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

I will look for it! Recommend some good episodes of Laser Time in the meantime?

LT has such a broad spectrum of things it covers that your best bet is to scroll in the feed and see what tickles your fancy. Plenty of animation related episodes. They also do Talking Simpsons as its own show which is great.

The new LT episode about the history of the Disney Afternoon with an interview with Tad Stones is one of the best episodes ever.

EDIT:

HAH! Searching "John K" on Youtube brings up my video about what an rear end in a top hat he is to people in his own industry as the first result. I tried it logged out too, so my profile settings wouldn't affect the results. Good job, internet.

Unmature fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 3, 2017

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Unmature posted:

HAH! Searching "John K" on Youtube brings up my video about what an rear end in a top hat he is to people in his own industry as the first result. I tried it logged out too, so my profile settings wouldn't affect the results. Good job, internet.

Your videos are great, and I even got my fiancé to watch, when she doesn't normally watch YouTube stuff. She (and I) would love to see you do a Don Bluth episode.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

nerdman42 posted:

Agreed, to the extent that I'd say it's, like, just a phoned-in narrated opening and dance party ending short of greatness.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

IUG posted:

Your videos are great, and I even got my fiancé to watch, when she doesn't normally watch YouTube stuff. She (and I) would love to see you do a Don Bluth episode.

Thank you! Yeah, I have to do something about Bluth. My Spielberg series was a while ago now and I've been wanting to do it since then. Been meaning to watch all his movies again too. Maybe now that my girlfriend lives on the other side of the country I'll have time.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Oh hey, I found Hedrigall:

He even gets a miniature woman who lives in his mane to give it a brush, how fashionable!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Got around finally to watching Zootopia this week. Greatly exceeded my admittedly mild expectations.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Got around finally to watching Zootopia this week. Greatly exceeded my admittedly mild expectations.

It greatly exceeded everyone's expectations because nobody could have furseen its majesty.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Never stop watching Zootopia imo

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Watch it until your bluray player's laser burns right through the disc then go buy another copy

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Watch it until your bluray player's laser burns right through the disc then go buy another copy

Put a tv in every room in your house.
Attach a Blu-Ray player to each tv.
Put Zootopia loop on every one of them.

Put it on your phone and play it very quietly at work so it, like the comforting touch of a loving god, is with you always

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLU-RAY INTO THE SLOT. IT’S ZOOTOPIA AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTERS, JUDY AND NICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME PREDATORS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY TOOK DOWN A PREJUDICE INDUCING CONSPIRACY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

nerdman42 posted:

I really wanted to like Home, but I have an irrational fear of alien invasions ever since I saw War of the Worlds at a very impressionable age. It's stupid, but I couldn't enjoy the goofy alien parts at all just because I was internally horrified the whole time. Also, I figured out what the conclusion was going to be really early into the movie which was kind of lame.

That said, I liked Tip a lot, she was an awesome protagonist and her mom was really cool. I also really loved the way her hair animated :3:.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I really wanted to like Home, but I have an irrational fear of alien invasions ever since I saw War of the Worlds at a very impressionable age. It's stupid, but I couldn't enjoy the goofy alien parts at all just because I was internally horrified the whole time. Also, I figured out what the conclusion was going to be really early into the movie which was kind of lame.

That said, I liked Tip a lot, she was an awesome protagonist and her mom was really cool. I also really loved the way her hair animated :3:.

I remember my babysitter rented Scream when it came out so she could watch it and then she rented me a movie to watch alone upstairs. It was Mars Attacks and ho boy did it gently caress me over for a while. I didn't realize it was a comedy for like a decade.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

It's stupid, but I couldn't enjoy the goofy alien parts at all just because I was internally horrified the whole time.

I have good news, then: The film is about colonialism and your existential dread is completely justified. Especially because of the dance party ending.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

Put it on your phone and play it very quietly at work so it, like the comforting touch of a loving god, is with you always

This but unironically

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLU-RAY INTO THE SLOT. IT’S ZOOTOPIA AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTERS, JUDY AND NICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME PREDATORS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY TOOK DOWN A PREJUDICE INDUCING CONSPIRACY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

This but unironically

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Detective No. 27 posted:

I remember my babysitter rented Scream when it came out so she could watch it and then she rented me a movie to watch alone upstairs. It was Mars Attacks and ho boy did it gently caress me over for a while. I didn't realize it was a comedy for like a decade.

Oh gently caress, Mars Attacks hosed me over too. My dad loved that movie and would make me sit with him and watch. I don't think I could stomach it even now, as a nearly thirty year old adult.

Oh and the way the aliens in Home talked was really grating. I think that made it even harder to get through, besides the horrified dread of forceful interstellar alien colonization.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

That film hosed me up fierce as a child and, Ill be very frank, that this film has put a deep seated distrust of aliens in me Ill probably be the grandparent on the porch with an Earth Pride flag and being sushed in polite conversation about them goddamn greybacks.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

I watched it on Netflix. Then watched it again a couple days later just to look for little background details and poo poo I may have missed the first time.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I really wanted to like Home, but I have an irrational fear of alien invasions ever since I saw War of the Worlds at a very impressionable age. It's stupid, but I couldn't enjoy the goofy alien parts at all just because I was internally horrified the whole time.
That's okay. I'm pretty sure I caught the bit of Hitchhiker's Guide where they blow the Earth up after showing the people on Earth fearfully protesting their imminent demise and it kinda screwed me up for life too. Can't watch Titan A.E. or any Hitchhiker's adaptation, even though both seem like they'd otherwise greatly intrigue me, and it took me a good while to get into Star Wars cuz of Alderaan.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I personally can watch movies involving the large scale death of the human race because it's what I lust for

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

Probably because it's not that funny. I got traumatized by this film also, in large part the burning cattle stampede because I know cattle and they're sweet doggos you eventually eat :qq:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I should start a support group for folks like us.

I would have been better off watching Scream.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I walked in while my parents were watching Terminator 2, and it was right with Sarah's Dream.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Robindaybird posted:

I walked in while my parents were watching Terminator 2, and it was right with Sarah's Dream.

Ugh, yeah.

I was a good bit older when T3 came out, but the ending unnerved me quite a bit. That resignation that the world has effectively ended made me different than any apocalyptic movies I'd seen before that. The movie wasn't even that good.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
Oh man, I thought I was the only one. Mars Attacks can go gently caress itself.

edit: Yeah, Terminator 2 was pretty terrifying as a kid too, but it was still a movie I would voluntarily watch, in a horrified fascination sort of way. Mars Attacks was just unpleasant on every level and I have had nightmares about those goddamn cows, man

Squarely Circle fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 4, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Maybe there's a reason there's classification for movies after all

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
When I was a WeeJackal i was encouraged to watch Child's Play and it instilled in me a great fear and distrust of small humans, no matter what they're made of.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i upend myself and tip my breasts onto the pavement to bounce merrily all hither and yon

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Avshalom posted:

i upend myself and tip my breasts onto the pavement to bounce merrily all hither and yon

That's a novel way to teach the 12 principles of animation

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

When I was a WeeJackal i was encouraged to watch Child's Play and it instilled in me a great fear and distrust of small humans, no matter what they're made of.

Your av is hypnotic :3: Man, whoever designed the characters in Balto really had a thing for canine necks

e: like this but for dogges:

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 4, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
lol my dad forced me to watch mars attacks all the time too and it was awful

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I only saw the trailer for it and it still hosed me up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Your av is hypnotic :3: Man, whoever designed the characters in Balto really had a thing for canine necks

Canine necks are awesome, so you can't blame them at all, now can you?

According to IMDB Steele had an entire unit of almost 20 people, including key in-betweeners.

All of them were into:

Necks and their Floof. (Also chest floof)

Crazy Eyes

Cheekbones

Accordingly, the the character designer and animators went on to work on things like Madagascar, (giraffe necks, lion neck floofs), Corpse bride (necks, eyes), Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron(many necks and associated floofs)

None of them worked on Balto's design or were even in the same building because he was animated in such a horribly boring and sleepily stoic way. "Ohh, I'm brave and conflicted about my self identity. Boohoo. Why won't Steele notice me?"

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 4, 2017