Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean, let us be real, the odds that you are going to be promoted have a lot more to do with how you look and smell then whether or not you are exactly the 100% best at whatever position you are in currently. If anything, you should want the very best people for that position to stay in that position, and then promote the man who smells really good so that you can smell him more often.

I think I have told the story of how my mother found out my father's bosses favorite type of candy in the course of endearing herself to my fathers bosses wife and immediately ensured that my father always has a bowl of that candy on his desk at all times. If you were wondering whether he got a large raise almost immediately, the answer is yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
[21/M] broke up with my girlfriend [21/F] and my roommate went over to her house.

quote:

u/Aggie_Bruh
So the second day after our breakup she texted one of my roommates if he liked wine. I was shown by him, which I thought was a nice gesture, and forgot about it. That night though, he went to Walmart, but I didn't think anything of it. Last night my ex texted me to come over so I did, we finally sealed the deal (had breakup sex) and talked a lot about stuff. Well she told me that he actually did go to Walmart that night, but afterwards he went over to her house. She claims nothing happened, but I don't know. Do I have the right to be upset with my roommate? I'm afraid I'm going to get drunk one night, call him out on it, and poo poo is going to hit the fan. I'm needing some advice here.

TL;DR I broke up with girlfriend of 2.5 years and roommate went over to her house 2 days later.

This is all pretty middle of the road, but having sex doesn't seem to me to be the best way to "seal the deal" of a breakup. I'm a bit of a prude compared to many though.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Milotic posted:

[21/M] broke up with my girlfriend [21/F] and my roommate went over to her house.

This is all pretty middle of the road, but having sex doesn't seem to me to be the best way to "seal the deal" of a breakup. I'm a bit of a prude compared to many though.

You broke up with her dude doesn't matter if he banged her

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Or the best woman. Sit on your rear end and ply video games man can do that assuming he has a rock solid understanding of his SOs body frame and workplce clotthing trends so everybody at work refers to her fashion as "impeccable" before resuming to trash that fresh from college girl who keeps wearing clubbing outfits.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Or the best woman. Sit on your rear end and ply video games man can do that assuming he has a rock solid understanding of his SOs body frame and workplce clotthing trends so everybody at work refers to her fashion as "impeccable" before resuming to trash that fresh from college girl who keeps wearing clubbing outfits.

Oprah's husband knew that Oprah looked really good in Ellen Tracey and it was a brand that she really liked. However, Oprah became so heavy at one point that she no longer fit into Ellen Tracey suits. So what her husband did was find the suits that would look best on her, buy two of the largest size, and have them taken to an expert tailor who would splice them together into the same suit in a larger size. I forget how she eventually found out, but that is some good husband work right there.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Oprah's husband knew that Oprah looked really good in Ellen Tracey and it was a brand that she really liked. However, Oprah became so heavy at one point that she no longer fit into Ellen Tracey suits. So what her husband did was find the suits that would look best on her, buy two of the largest size, and have them taken to an expert tailor who would splice them together into the same suit in a larger size. I forget how she eventually found out, but that is some good husband work right there.

This is extremely funny but a good husband would have gotten her to lose weight

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
It's weird to me how many people itt and in that reddit thread are pro-merged accounts before marriage. Heck half the purpose of marriage is legal protections for stuff like that. Make a joint account sure, but don't merge until you're legally married.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

This is extremely funny but a good husband would have gotten her to lose weight

Oh hell no. If anything, that is your brand manager's job. Or you manufacture a false flag operation that causes them to be ashamed of their weight, perhaps on your behalf. A proper professional spouse, if they know what they are doing, is always your ultimate supporter and confidant.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

It's weird to me how many people itt and in that reddit thread are pro-merged accounts before marriage. Heck half the purpose of marriage is legal protections for stuff like that. Make a g\joint account sure, but don't merge until you're legally married.

Nah, Im with you. The point of Marriage is to bind your finances, until that point a joint with separate personals is fine and anything more is just flirting with disaster.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

you manufacture a false flag operation that causes them to be ashamed of their weight

See this would have been good hsubanding

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Suggest exotic vacation, put tapeworm eggs in her moscow mule

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

For all we know, he did. And if he did, and did it right, we will never know. A good spouse is not the US government, they can keep a loving secret.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
here's a short one:

How "used" is your girlfriends mattress, is it a big deal or get rid of it?

quote:

GUys and gals of reddit!! Recently found out my girlfriend has had her bed since she was 18 (she's 30, I'm 40), 5 years together. I realize that means she's had God knows how many partners in that thing (cause I know she no prude and swings both ways), previous marriage maybe? etc. and now me. Saying she should get rid of it but she thinks it's fine. Am I over reacting?/ I feel like by now it's like a brothel mattress! Your thoughts?

TL;DR - girlfriend's mattress is 14 years old, "used" by many "partners" won't get rid of it cause it's cali king and still in good shape. Am I over reacting to her keeping it?

I mean 14 years is obviously in the "it should be replaced" zone regardless but it's kinda funny how transparently he's projecting his views on how much mileage his girlfriend has onto their mattress.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
After only five years, 30% of your mattresse's weight is made of super floppy vagina

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blue Train posted:

She did eventually lose the weight, so how do you know he didn't do that? :tinfoil:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
"Hum... yes, it's all loose and sagging this mattress, look at all the stains and abuse marks on this mattress I'm currently looking at, yes what a whore of a mattress."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

For all we know, he did. And if he did, and did it right, we will never know. A good spouse is not the US government, they can keep a loving secret.

Who What Now posted:

She did eventually lose the weight, so how do you know he didn't do that? :tinfoil:

:aaa:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

don't skimp on your mattress people, if you can manage to swing the finances for a good one, you never ever regret it. also don't use the same one for 14 years.

dude is still a giant babyman though

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Milotic posted:

don't gently caress exes. They have even less than zero interest in your health and being honest about what they've done since the break-up.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

After only five years, 30% of your mattresse's weight is made of super floppy vagina

good luck sleeping now, imagining all the vagina corpses you recline on nightly!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WoodrowSkillson posted:

don't skimp on your mattress people, if you can manage to swing the finances for a good one, you never ever regret it. also don't use the same one for 14 years.

I love our new king-sized bed and the power frame we got with it. Being able to raise the bed into a recliner position owns so hard.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

good luck sleeping now, imagining all the vagina corpses you recline on nightly!

I hear vaginas are like snakes and shed their skin every year. Confirm/deny?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yes, but they immediately consume them both to conserve resources and to not leave evidence that can be tracked by predators.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My[26M] Girlfriend [22F] just got in a fight about me being on my phone while she's naked?

quote:

So she doesn't feel comfortable with me pointing the back of my phone at her while she is naked. I'm just on the internet, not in the camera app, and in a normal, relaxed position (the way I was sitting, it wasn't like I was pointing it at her to make it look like I was taking a picture).
I don't think it's about trust, I think she really believes that I wouldn't take a picture of her without her consent.
She believes that there is a (she admits 'less than .5%') chance of somehow a picture being taken of her and uploaded to the internet without the phone user's control. Obviously this is theoretically possible, and I agree with her that it is possible although I think it's a muchhhh smaller chance than she thinks.
So the fight happened because I refused initially to not point the camera at her (again, my phone is huge so it's hard not to face her and be on my phone and have it look like the camera is not pointing at her). I put up a fight about it because I felt that her reasoning (especially if she trusts me) was ridiculous.
For what it's worth, we've been dating three years and this exact thing has never come up. I've known she's not comfortable getting an indecent picture taken especially on a cell phone, but it's never come up that I can't point a phone at her while using it while she is naked.
So should I just accept that she has this (what I think is weird) thing about phones and her naked and try to be careful about where the phone points in the future so that she is comfortable?
tl;dr: GF believes the chance of pictures being remotely taken and uploaded from my phone without my control is high enough for her to not feel comfortable with me being on my phone and pointed towards her direction when she's naked.

Okay, on one hand dude just point your phone in a different direction while you browse/text. On the other hand, she can gently caress right off

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yes but it's more like every four weeks

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If anything, having her "independently" "uncover" the Ellen Tracey modification scheme would be an amazing dimension to a false flag. It makes you look good, as the doting husband who will do anything to keep his wife happy and does not want her to worry or think about her weight, because he will always love her exactly as she is. But it also tells her that she is really fat. It essentially guilts her into wanting to diet, in order to deserve her husband's unerring love. And no one could ever prove it. Nicely done!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He earning that Oprah money poo poo

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

Yes but it's more like every four weeks

eh snakes end up with new skin

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I put my toothbrush down. Gazing in the mirror I barely recognize the ragged form in front of me, I no longer have eyes just two bottomless pits of despair. "Honey come back to bed, it's only 4" her voice is inviting yet foreboding, like a hymn you're too young to understand. My nerves waiver but still each step brings me closer to her siren's call. In the room now I see the shape of my beloved perched on the monolith of my fears and failures. Slowly she begins to draw back the covers. "Aren't you cold? Come back to bed", I barely hear her, instead focused on the nightmare unraveling before me. Dicks, hundreds of them, squirming, writhing, dribbling. It's a part of her now, a part of us. "Come back to bed"

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

I put my toothbrush down. Gazing in the mirror I barely recognize the ragged form in front of me, I no longer have eyes just two bottomless pits of despair. "Honey come back to bed, it's only 4" her voice is inviting yet foreboding, like a hymn you're too young to understand. My nerves waiver but still each step brings me closer to her siren's call. In the room now I see the shape of my beloved perched on the monolith of my fears and failures. Slowly she begins to draw back the covers. "Aren't you cold? Come back to bed", I barely hear her, instead focused on the nightmare unraveling before me. Dicks, hundreds of them, squirming, writhing, dribbling. It's a part of her now, a part of us. "Come back to bed"

all the dicks your ex sucked while she was on rebound good job

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
37 dicks!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
try not to suck any dicks on your way through the parking lot tia see you at 8 honey

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

...in a row?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
i heard that motherfucker had like, 30 god drat dicks

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [28 F] with my boyfriend [30 M] found out he recently slept with 18-19 year olds, this bothers me

quote:

Hi everyone,
Forgive me for venting my crazy.
So I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 months and things have been going amazingly. He is very sweet and caring, smart and communicative, the sex is the best we've both had, and we see a future together. I feel very secure, or at least I thought I did...
Recently due to current events in the US, we were discussing college drinking culture, then consent, then statutory / age differences in sexual relationships and the ability to consent. We talked about the power imbalance that may occur between a younger and older person. This was a really stupid direction to take the conversation, but we then discussed how large of an age gap we had ever experienced. I know, I shouldn't have let my curiosity get the best of me.
Soooo I know that he went on a tinder binge last year (and possibly earlier this year before we met) after his last breakup which was kinda traumatic and he didn't want a relationship for a while afterward. I'm fine with that, I've had my share of casual sex. But, basically, there were multiple girls he hooked up with who were 18 or 19 years old.
I know he is with me now, and we are falling in love, and I have no reason to be paranoid, but for some reason I cannot get this out of my head. Maybe it has to do with me aging, maybe it has to do with the motivations and creep factor of a 29/30 year old man pursuing a college aged girl.
Am I crazy to feel this way? I know I need to be more secure, that this shouldn't bother me, but I am an imperfect person. How do I make this less intrusive in my thoughts and less nauseating? Like, I literally get nauseous and I think it is starting to make me emotionally withdraw from the relationship. I don't want this to happen because I haven't felt this strongly about someone before and I know it is irrational...is it?
tl;dr: Boyfriend went on tinder binge shortly before we started dating. This included teenaged girls. This bothers me, how to proceed?

Comments are pretty evenly divided on the issue

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

What if both people in a marriage have actual jobs.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

NomChompsky posted:

What if both people in a marriage have actual jobs.

NON-OPTIMAL GROOMING DETECTED; SUGGESTED ACTION: PURGE

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Nazzadan posted:

Me [28 F] with my boyfriend [30 M] found out he recently slept with 18-19 year olds, this bothers me

Fuckin' A a lot of people can't handle aging for poo poo. I mean, he's weird for loving teenagers, but she's super mad about getting old.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

It's kinda funny cause usually I think dudes who care way too much about the sexual past of their girlfriends are big weenies but this seems like a convenient way to be insecure but spin it as a progressive thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
start over, don't bring it up next time