Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a new study bible! posted:

I think Jerry Jones is sexually attracted to domestic abusers.

I think Jerry Jones is sexually attracted to anything after some Johnny Walker Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Cowboys suck, but Pearson was awesome:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/858130672245809152

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://youtu.be/0ttzrNFSEPw?t=326

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Aye he was a laugh, fair play, a couple of guys came out after him and tried to copy him but ultimately failed, mainly that Giants guy. :D

Overall another good days drafting, that's pretty much the gaping holes in the D addressed, think today they focus heavily on offence. Jim Schwartz will be loving this.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/29/nfl-randy-gregory-fails-drug-test-friends-concerned/

quote:

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory has failed another NFL drug test -- his 7th that we know about -- and his friends are deeply concerned for his well-being.

TMZ Sports spoke with multiple people with direct knowledge of the situation who confirmed Randy was tested on Feb. 21 and was informed on March 2 that his specimen came up positive for weed.

We're told Gregory has since blown off the NFL officials who tried to discuss the situation with him and people connected to Gregory tell us it appears his NFL career might be over.

Gregory was drafted by the Cowboys in the 2nd round of the 2015 NFL Draft -- after emerging as one of the best college players in the country during his time at the University of Nebraska.

Gregory is currently serving a suspension for a prior failed drug test and will miss the entire 2017 season. It's unclear how this new failed test will affect his status.

Sources close to Gregory tell us he's drifted from football. We reached out to Gregory's listed agent, Deryk Gilmore, who says he no longer represents Randy. Attempts to reach Gregory himself were unsuccessful.

We reached out to the NFL but haven't heard back.

The 30 for 30 on this in ten years will be depressing, can't wait to watch it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Meanwhile the 'Boys picked up another woman beater, but he'll be good to play week 1.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Meanwhile the 'Boys picked up another woman beater, but he'll be good to play week 1.

He didn't beat the woman, the woman beat him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
NFC East day two grades: http://www.phillyvoice.com/2017-nfl-draft-nfc-east-day-two-grades/

tl;dr:

Eagles: C+
Redskins: A-
Giants: C-
Cowboys: B+

money quote on the Giant's QB of the future: "With good coaching, his ceiling is Nick Foles!"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MissileWaster posted:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/29/nfl-randy-gregory-fails-drug-test-friends-concerned/

The 30 for 30 on this in ten years will be depressing, can't wait to watch it.

Gregory doing a hell of a job disproving the "draft the weed guy" theory

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hope all the Cowboys draft picks arms have to be amputated after a simultaneous high five goes terribly wrong.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Washington getting Nico Marley after the draft will be recognized as a good move eventually.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles tried to trade up for Dalvin Cooks in the 2nd.

As consolation, Pumphrey did lead the NCAA in rushing the past 2 years in a row.

Why didn't we get Perine :cry:. Perine put up 30 reps on bench. McCaffrey put up 10. Pumphrey put up 5. Obviously, 2 COMPLETELY different players. But, I'd rather have a pounder instead of another elusive back.

89 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 30, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Pumphrey is fast.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm boggled that by all accounts Washington actually did well.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

I'm boggled that by all accounts Washington actually did well.

Mcloughan set the draft board, and he's a genius.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

definitely glad he's out of Washington, btw

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

No one should work for Washington

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
No team has repeated as NFC East champion since the Eagles completed a run of 4 in a row in 2004.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I wonder if that's a good way to do it, have one guy set the board and somebody else draft. Reduces overthinking.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NotWearingPants posted:

No team has repeated as NFC East champion since the Eagles completed a run of 4 in a row in 2004.

No one survives the NFCE grindhouse.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NotWearingPants posted:

It still looks like a toss up this year. Giants might be the favorites, since the Boys are going to regress hard.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

It still looks like a toss up this year. Giants might be the favorites, since the Boys are going to regress hard.

Current Superbowl odds have the Cowboys first at 12-1, the Giants second at 20-1, and the Redskins and Eagles at 50-1.

so probably bet any savings you have on the Eagles because Carson Wentz.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I don't feel like the offense is going in the wrong direction and the defense was already filled with no names last year so.

At least we have Dak and not that fraud Carson.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 3, 2017

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I doubt the Cowboys will hit 13 wins again given the tougher schedule and young defense but Vegas has the over/under at 9.5 and 10 wins could potentially take the division or a wild card.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I doubt the Cowboys will hit 13 wins again given the tougher schedule and young defense but Vegas has the over/under at 9.5 and 10 wins could potentially take the division or a wild card.

Things I know will happen in 2017:

- Dak will throw more than 5 INTs

- Eagles fans in this thread will overestimate their team

- Seahawks fans will be insufferable

- Patriots fans will be worse

It's almost impossible for Dak to improve on his rookie season. I suspect he'll regress a bit, but we'll still be able to hit 10 wins and either win the division or a wild card spot. The good news for the Cowboys is that offensive efficiency tends to be consistent and predictable year-to-year, so building a good offense tends to have multiyear benefits, while defenses can be all over the place.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Cowboy fan calls other teams' fans insufferable. Interesting.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Cowboy fan calls other teams' fans insufferable. Interesting.

we can smell our own, and you smell much worse

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just because you like the smell of your own farts doesn't make them better.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Just because you like the smell of your own farts doesn't make them better.

*looks at av of brady strolling in front of lombardi trophies* no I'm pretty sure they are

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I love this thread as much as Ezekiel Elliot loves smoking weed.

In a year or two he'll be doing it with Josh Gordon

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles will win the division on the back of a dominant defense and even win a playoff game.

The Cowboys will go 8-8 and Tony Romo will make a statement about it, causing Dallas fans to forget he was their light in the darkness for years.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Diqnol posted:

Eagles will win the division on the back of a dominant defense and even win a playoff game.

The Cowboys will go 8-8 and Tony Romo will make a statement about it, causing Dallas fans to forget he was their light in the darkness for years.

What he said.

Cox/Graham/Barnett/Jernigan/Long/Curry. D-Line gonna EATTT. Sidney Jones starts taking snaps towards the end of the season, shines in spurts, comes down with an INT in a playoff game. Eagles fight as the real America's team and falls valiantly to a worthy foe in the 2nd round of the playoffs as the Philly Godzilla walks back into the water as a sign of things to come next season (SUPER BOWL). :devil:

Cowboys regress hard with 5-6 wins as Prescott goes through a sophomore slump that rivals RG3's. Ezekiel Elliott proves to not be enough to win by putting the entire team on his back. Half of the team is suspended for being criminals.

The Redskins join the Eagles in the playoffs, losing to them in the first round. Kirk Cousins sets franchise records, throws 5,000 yards. Says gently caress You to Washington and joins Shanny in San Fran the year after. Sending Washington to the bottom of the dumpster for the next 5 years.

Giants start the season with 5 wins in a row until Brandon Graham eats Eli's lunch so bad that it forces him out for the rest of the season. The Giants win only one game after starting strong. The offensive line forces PTSD upon the rookie QB and Giants fans are left in rebuild mode with no more Eli.

Brady wins another Super Bowl.

Brady passes the torch to Wentz at the 2019 Super Bowl Wrestlemania

89 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 4, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
That sounds reasonable. The only thing I might add is Jaylon Smith's foot falling off.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm still not completely sold on Schwartz. I love the 1 gap 4-3 and the idea of the attacking defense, but I think it may be too simplistic. Jim Johnson wasn't a great defensive coordinator because he dumbed everything down and told all his players to attack on every down. He had complicated blitz packages and poo poo.

It's a defense that pretty much requires elite talent and strong depth across the line... It seems like a lot of defenses would work great starting from there.

It's kind of ironic that we were all so glad to get rid of Chip Kelly partly because the entire NFL was able to figure out his simplistic offense after half a season, but now everyone is in love with Schwartz who is kind of doing the same thing on the other side of the ball. Hopefully the dramatic drop off in sacks in the second half of this past season isn't a sign of things to come.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

But yeah the Eagles front office is obsessed with that old Tennessee version of this defense. It was a good defense then. It's worked for Schwartz before. But I don't understand why they view it as like the best scheme of all time and keep going back to this specific well.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 4, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

89 posted:

Eagles erotic fanfiction

:allears:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In the Duck Blind with Carson

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Agholor MVP

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

El Patron posted:

Agholor MVP

We live in the worst timeline, not the funniest one. He will bounce around on 2-3 practice squads after next year and never see a second contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

We live in the worst timeline, not the funniest one. He will bounce around on 2-3 practice squads after next year and never see a second contract

Or go to the Pats and win an MVP

• Locked thread