Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Improbable Lobster posted:

Cordyceps is also used as an aphrodisiac in traditional chinese medicine, because everything is boner pills according to TCM.

Seriously. I swear they'd murder every living thing on the continent and grind it up just to make sure they could work up a goddamn chub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
All I know is that cordyceps creep me the gently caress out and I'm not putting that fungus anywhere near my body.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Can confirm that cordyceps are good for boners, but that's mainly because of my Cordycep fetish (everything to do with it.)

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Can confirm that cordyceps are good for boners, but that's mainly because of my Cordycep fetish (everything to do with it.)

So hot!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

And a key ingredient of Steven Seagal's Asian Experience energy drink!

https://www.amazon.com/Asian-Experience-Energy-Drink-Ounce/dp/B000BB05DK

As a connoisseur of cheapass dollar store energy drinks, I can tell you that poo poo is terrible. Hmmmm.. I know buying food from China is a bad idea, but I wonder if I can get weird energy drinks from Ali.

Edit
http://s.aliexpress.com/73uq6bym Might be on to something here.

Double edit: or not, looks like that's just the bags. Really aught to read before I link. Meh, still odd product.

Duh Ugh fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 3, 2017

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
My blood type is cyan+.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not much in terms of actual food aside from berries and stuff in health. There's fuckloads of tea though. Neat!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2695555948.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2625263294.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2738221199.html

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Duh Ugh posted:

As a connoisseur of cheapass dollar store energy drinks, I can tell you that poo poo is terrible. Hmmmm.. I know buying food from China is a bad idea, but I wonder if I can get weird energy drinks from Ali.

Edit
http://s.aliexpress.com/73uq6bym Might be on to something here.

Double edit: or not, looks like that's just the bags. Really aught to read before I link. Meh, still odd product.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Free-sample-High-quality-Caffeine-powder_60261397173.html

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hope this goes without saying but please do not eat anything you buy on aliexpress

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

too late I'm going to order all this loving tea

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Synthbuttrange posted:

How much of the tea in China are you going to order?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A reasonable amount.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

This is just what my kidneys need! I wonder how much caffeine powder I can snort before my nose rots off...

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Duh Ugh posted:

This is just what my kidneys need! I wonder how much caffeine powder I can snort before my nose rots off...

I bet 1 Kilogram (Min. Order) would do it. If not, Supply Ability: 2500 Kilograms per Month should do.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jt/2013/370460/

quote:

All teas contained significant amounts of aluminum. Tea leaves contained from 568 to 3287 ng/g of tea. All brewed teas steeped for 3 or 15 minutes contained detectable levels of aluminum. The range was 1131 μgm/L to 8324 μgm/L steeping for 3 minute and 1413 μgm/L to 11449 μgm/L steeping for 15 minutes. Only 2 teas had levels above acceptable limits at 3 minutes of brewing but 6 of the teas had levels greater than the upper acceptable daily limit of 7000 μgm/L. Clearly letting tea steep for longer than 3 minutes is not advisable. Two of the organic green teas had levels above 10,000 μgm/L brewed for 15 minutes.

All brewed tea and tea leaves had detectable lead levels with Chinese oolong teas having the highest levels, followed by green tea and regular black tea having lower levels. Organic white teas had the lowest lead level. Levels ranged from 0.1 μgm/L to 4.39 μgm/L after subtracting the level found after brewing distilled water in fine china cups.

All brewed tea and tea leaves had detectable arsenic with Chinese oolong teas (organic or regular) having the highest levels. Levels in all teas ranged from 0.06 μgm to 1.12 μgm/L of tea steeped for 3 minutes to 0.08 to 1.27 μgm/L of tea steeped for 15 minutes.

All tea leaves had detectable levels of cadmium. 21 teas had detectable levels after 15 minutes brewing while only 18 teas had detectable levels after 3 minutes brewing suggesting that there is further leaching of this toxicant into the water over time. The highest level was 0.067 μgm/L found in standard oolong tea from China.

All tea leaves and brewed teas had detectable levels of cesium with one organic tea having 3103 ng/g in the dry leaf, 12.4 μgm/L at 3 minutes of brewing and 16.5 μgm/L at 15 minutes of brewing.

All tea leaves had detectable levels of tin but only two brewed samples had nonsignificant levels detected in the teas.

Delicious!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Wait, that study is just testing common brands found on the shelves of local stores?! I can't imagine how much worse the stuff on ali must be...

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Choco1980 posted:

Wait, that study is just testing common brands found on the shelves of local stores?! I can't imagine how much worse the stuff on ali must be...

I'm gonna show this to my SO, she keeps going on and on about how healthy tea is over coffee.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Those are all metals and I assume minerals. How can they be bad for you!?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sounds like silajit which is super healthy

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i hope this goes without saying but please do not eat anything you buy on aliexpress

i bought one of those usb "endoscopes" from aliexpress and put in my mouth to look at my teeth.

is this ok?

my ears too. not my rear end though

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i bought one of those usb "endoscopes" from aliexpress and put in my mouth to look at my teeth.

is this ok?

my ears too. not my rear end though

ur ded sry

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I hope none of its fiberglass broke loose in your ear canal. Have your ears been itching lately?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Can anyone better at searching find a custom pennant store on Ali? All I get is flags.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

I hope none of its fiberglass broke loose in your ear canal. Have your ears been itching lately?

no but i looked at my teeth and then immediately called my dentist.

im not an expert but somethings hosed in there

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

no but i looked at my teeth and then immediately called my dentist.

im not an expert but somethings hosed in there

Well maybe you should check your rear end too, just in case?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Colon cancer is the number two killer of white males, after suicide

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Those are all metals and I assume minerals. How can they be bad for you!?

Lead and cadmium are both really nasty heavy metals that will gently caress your poo poo up real good. Cadmium is particularly nasty, leading to something called cadmium blues.

I'm not sure about the rest of it, but I'm pretty sure that aluminium and tin aren't dietary needs.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 3, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Then why do so many foods and drinks come in aluminum or tin cans mister smarty pants

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Then why do so many foods and drinks come in aluminum or tin cans mister smarty pants

If you think about it, you are just a vessel for your poop. Does that make you poop, too?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Tin cans were phased out in something like the napoleonic era, because below a certain temperature they just fall apart and that's bad. I'm assuming that aluminum up to a given point might not be bad, just not necessary. Or the cans have liners on the inside. Food packaging isn't my specialty so I don't know.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lots of cans have a kind of plastic liner on the inside of the can

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Olothreutes posted:

Lead and cadmium are both really nasty heavy metals that will gently caress your poo poo up real good. Cadmium is particularly nasty, leading to something called cadmium blues.

I'm not sure about the rest of it, but I'm pretty sure that aluminium and tin aren't dietary needs.

Dietary aluminium is associated with earlier onset of Alzheimer's.

Olothreutes posted:

Tin cans were phased out in something like the napoleonic era, because below a certain temperature they just fall apart and that's bad. I'm assuming that aluminum up to a given point might not be bad, just not necessary. Or the cans have liners on the inside. Food packaging isn't my specialty so I don't know.

Aluminium soda cans have a plastic lining.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Has anyone had any luck ordering Pokemon cards?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Built this tonight.

We all live in a Lepin submarine.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Olothreutes posted:

My post was in jest but I never knew how bad cadmium poisoning was so thank you :tipshat:

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you think about it, you are just a vessel for your poop. Does that make you poop, too?

Maybe but I think my posts could definitely qualify.

Duckula posted:

Built this tonight.

This owns.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dietary aluminium is associated with earlier onset of Alzheimer's.

Did they actually make that connection? The last study I read, they'd found aluminum nanoparticles in the plaques that build up in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease, but they hadn't been able to prove any causation one way or the other. The aluminum probably did come from the patients' diets but determining whether it caused the plaques or just built up in them for some reason is a much harder thing to figure out.

Anyway, don't eat stuff from AliExpress and don't eat off stuff from AliExpress either! Even if the base material is safe (highly questionable) it's gonna be covered in all sorts of industrial waste and toxic solvents that are banned in the rest of the world. I bought a motorcycle handgrip the other day and you could smell the unmistakable odor of naphthalene through the loving package.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sagebrush posted:

Anyway, don't eat stuff from AliExpress and don't eat off stuff from AliExpress either! Even if the base material is safe (highly questionable) it's gonna be covered in all sorts of industrial waste and toxic solvents that are banned in the rest of the world. I bought a motorcycle handgrip the other day and you could smell the unmistakable odor of naphthalene through the loving package.

Of course it did. You don't want your motorcycle to get eaten by moths, do you? Duh.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I don't know what the reason is but China loving loves naphthalene. Half the stuff I buy from AliExpress smells like it. When I go to China for work nearly every building smells faintly of it (mothballs, maybe). idgi

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

things I'm rather pleased with.

Ying jili razor blades

A cheap thermometer for the fridge or cooler.

This post is getting long. More to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Duckula posted:

Built this tonight.

I appreciate the inclusion of Nowhere Man