Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm just glad the ACC is no longer the worst P5 conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, the bubble bursting on this is going to be messy.

Jimbo gonna have to pawn a couple skidoos

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

Jimbo gonna have to pawn a couple skidoos

He wants to start an organic jerky company when he retires from coaching

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Lasagna Pilot posted:

They just lost a bunch of NFL guys on defense again so I think this is finally the year that they won't be able to scrape by with lovely offense.

Oorrrr it can be a flawed defense carried by a new look offense like 2014 (still my favorite bama team)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

kittenmittons posted:

Memorial Stadium is the worst imo. It's the Tigers/Wildcats of stadium names.

I'll have you know Tigers is a fine mascot and Memorial Stadium is a fine name. Championship level names even

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
just lol if you think Bama doesn't have like 4 5*s waiting to step in for the guys who got drafted.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

lamentable dustman posted:

I'll have you know Tigers is a fine mascot and Memorial Stadium is a fine name. Championship level names even

hell yeah tiger/memorial stadium buddy

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

He wants to start an organic jerky company when he retires from coaching

Organic Camo Truck Wraps

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Cathy is now The Powsixer

Please update your jokes accordingly

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/eddypineiro1/status/859515891217817600

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

God is good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

2nd round pick imo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:vince:

Goddrat

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

if he could do that in a game, i'd just become a gator fan and pack up all my uga gear.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Graham Gano did that several times last season.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Graham Gano did that several times last season.

No he didn't.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Wait have you guys never heard "he was nailing them from 70 with leg to spare before the game" like 1000x from announcers before a dude misses a 49-yard attempt because practice is meaningless and you just can't do that under actual game conditions?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

He would've been a really good Muschamp era gator

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Wait have you guys never heard "he was nailing them from 70 with leg to spare before the game" like 1000x from announcers before a dude misses a 49-yard attempt because practice is meaningless and you just can't do that under actual game conditions?

I've heard that about a lot of dudes but never saw video. Watched Janikowski hit a few 70yarders with wind during pre Bowden Bowl I drills in 99 or whatever.

But an 81 yarder in pads is goddamned impressive. Wouldn't expect to see it in a game ever, but still. Lots of leg strength.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The problem with those is one of us could be on the line and block it. Those things beg to be blocked because they fly so low and then you've turned the ball over at your own 30-40 and are asking for trouble. They're cool in a "last play of the half" situation but rarely anything else.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

The problem with those is one of us could be on the line and block it. Those things beg to be blocked because they fly so low and then you've turned the ball over at your own 30-40 and are asking for trouble. They're cool in a "last play of the half" situation but rarely anything else.

Oh, no doubt. But a spritely little guy crushing the ball like that with some accuracy after our dogshit special teams for so many years is understandably exciting.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Not the best angle, but it didn't look low or flat.

That was A Good Kick.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Oh, no doubt. But a spritely little guy crushing the ball like that with some accuracy after our dogshit special teams for so many years is understandably exciting.

The Bucs are going to trade up to take Eddy P in the first.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah I've definitely seen guys hit from 70+ in practice or pregame when they were just loving around and didn't have any pressure or have to worry about it getting blocked. Marshall Koehn, Iowa's kicker a couple years ago, had an absolutely cannon for a leg, but was weirdly awful on short field goals and XPs. 81 is still pretty crazy though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

vyst posted:

No he didn't.

Basically every pregame.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

81 yards in any situation is impressive

And this is happening after we just had one of the worst kicking games in all of college football so it's all magnified for Gator fans

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

81 yards in any situation is impressive

And this is happening after we just had one of the worst kicking games in all of college football so it's all magnified for Gator fans

Eddy P should have a statue next to Tebow.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd work to become a career longsnapper. Free college, league minimum is almost a half-million now, and I get to play the sport I love while minimizing the potential that when I'm 42 I won't be able to remember what a toaster does.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

Yeah I've definitely seen guys hit from 70+ in practice or pregame when they were just loving around and didn't have any pressure or have to worry about it getting blocked. Marshall Koehn, Iowa's kicker a couple years ago, had an absolutely cannon for a leg, but was weirdly awful on short field goals and XPs. 81 is still pretty crazy though.

sounds exactly like Mizzou's kicker Tucker McCann

hopefully he is fixed and last year was just him being a freshman

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crotch Bat posted:

If I had it to do all over again, I'd work to become a career longsnapper. Free college, league minimum is almost a half-million now, and I get to play the sport I love while minimizing the potential that when I'm 42 I won't be able to remember what a toaster does.

You're also the epitome of "position no one talks about unless you hosed up"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Crotch Bat posted:

I won't be able to remember what a toaster does.

Skanks to the beat for the most part.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

big money big clit posted:

They were killing our SoS so we had to drop them and pick up an FCS opponent to fix it.

Congratulations on squeaking out a win over a bad LSU team to earn the right to get embarrassed by Alabama. I'm certain you can ride that momentum to another season of offensive embarrassment and, hell, maybe another SEC championship embarrassment.

Lotta salt in this post.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

#goacc

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

Plus, even after you leave football, there's always a chance the long snapper for whatever NFL team is closest to you gets hurt and you get the call.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why be a long snapper when you can be a coach? Job security until you die no matter how much you suck.

Case in point: Will Muschamp

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sparty has filed suit against ESPN to prevent them from getting police reports as part of the public records request into the sexual assault cases on campus

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TBeats posted:

Lotta salt in this post.

Unfriendly rivalry in my sports?! Well I never!

I'm mad that our stupid, shithead AD gave Florida two home games in a row in exchange for playing at LSU this year in a game that didn't matter in a season that was already pretty much over. I feel better about this only because we've been able to beat Florida at home in recent history and also because even if we beat them we will still lose the west to Alabama, and they will still lose the SEC championship to Alabama, so we're all just trying to polish the same turd anyway.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sparty no means no

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

lol if you think a long snapper is going to be anything other than a walk-on

you're paying for your own poo poo buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Declan MacManus posted: