Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ive just now come to realize i dont like any of the gorillaz stuff. at all. this is actually weirding me out a bit, i thought i enjoyed their poo poo

Maybe you just like Blur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The new album sucks. Fight me

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ive just now come to realize i dont like any of the gorillaz stuff. at all. this is actually weirding me out a bit, i thought i enjoyed their poo poo

Yeah, same here, kinda. I was thinking about it and realized I like it for about the first couple of times I hear it, then I'm done.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hung out in Portland last night.. Eating Pine State buscuits for breakfast. Can die happy now..

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I could never get into Gorillaz after that dumb first hit of theirs got played up and down the radio/tv and there were suddenly these "zombie trip hop" or whatever they called their music offshoots that got popular back home. Their music just always was too...bumming-out(?) for me, can't help it.

Then I randomly came across a remix of theirs that actually had non-depressive melody to it and I still have that song on my playlists today.

Somethingsomething-2000 I think. Chorus is a really weird "Get the cool...get the cool shoe-shine" ad nauseum or something.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I lost interest when Plastic Beach came out. I couldn't find that one song on the album I could keep listening to and haven't heard anything good from them since.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
GET HYPE MOTHER FUCKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C0A2GpMNP8

August 4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

meh

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Never read any of the Dark Tower books. Are they worth the read, or do they collapse after a bit like some of King's other epics?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I cannot stand being at my parents house. All my mom does is complain about every loving thing. And she has a dog she keeps caged up all day. A dog she paid $2000 to get as a replacement to her dog that died a couple years ago.

Ughhhhh

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

suboptimal posted:

Never read any of the Dark Tower books. Are they worth the read, or do they collapse after a bit like some of King's other epics?

It's a hell of a read. I did think that the ending was a bit rushed compared to the rest of the story, but by the end you are like GIVE ME SOME loving CLOSURE

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

suboptimal posted:

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I've still only read the first one. That was a long while ago, but it was a good and weird (to be expected) book.

e: After looking at Wikipedia, turns out that I've read the first two. The first two are good and weird (to be expected) books.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 3, 2017

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

suboptimal posted:

First 3 are great, rest of the series was rushed and sloppy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LongDarkNight posted:

First 3 are great, rest of the series was rushed and sloppy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

I cannot stand being at my parents house. All my mom does is complain about every loving thing. And she has a dog she keeps caged up all day. A dog she paid $2000 to get as a replacement to her dog that died a couple years ago.

Ughhhhh

Florida is a land of misery and ball sweat.

Let that dog out to play.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've always heard of the Dark Tower, but the last time pretty much the entire world told me to read a book, it was the Da Vinci Code, and that - while reasonably entertaining - was an arduous read.

I never knew that King wrote it, didn't occur to me that a book my sister recommended wouldn't be crap.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Florida is a land of misery and ball sweat.

Let that dog out to play.

She's also babysitting Monty while I go on a cruise:(

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've always heard of the Dark Tower, but the last time pretty much the entire world told me to read a book, it was the Da Vinci Code, and that - while reasonably entertaining - was an arduous read.

I never knew that King wrote it, didn't occur to me that a book my sister recommended wouldn't be crap.
This isn't one of those. Most people have probably never even heard of it. As I recall, it's pretty grim and hosed up in places (par for the course for King). It doesn't look like this is how it will happen in the movie (based on the trailer alone), but in the book, that kid winds up being sent to the gunslinger's world because he gets pushed in front of a car and is killed. That same dickhead who pushes the kid in front of the car also pushes another principal character in front of a subway.

Doesn't the kid also get killed several times over?

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 3, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

She's also babysitting Monty while I go on a cruise:(

If you were anywhere near me, I'd watch him for you. Frank and the cats have the run of the apartment when I'm gone. And Frank hardly has an aggressive bone in his body. It takes a lot to work him up to where he'd even mildly snap at another dog.

When we go to the dog park, he makes a point to go say hello to every person walking by that he can. Because he knows he gets a little training treat for being nice to people.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Technically the movie is a sequel to the books

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You could have dropped him off in Tallahassee.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Naked Bear posted:

Doesn't the kid also get killed several times over?
Jake falls from a cliff, dies, and his life gets rebooted into another world or some poo poo. He's supposed to be dead, so he slowly loses his mind until he finds a gate back to Roland's world inside a haunted house. At least, that's how I remember it.

It makes sense if this happens after the last book, since The Dark Tower sent Roland back to the beginning of his journey. This time, he did not lose the Horn of Eld. It's hard to tell from one teaser trailer. :shrug:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I think I saw a preview with the horn, which makes sense because holy gently caress some of the stuff in the books would never get into a movie.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Thought we were talking about the horn of winter from GOT for a second there

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

not caring here posted:

Yeah, I think I saw a preview with the horn, which makes sense because holy gently caress some of the stuff in the books would never get into a movie.

Mordred's explosive diarrhea.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

Technically the movie is a sequel to the books

Any point in reading the books beforehand then?

I'm currently still doing some easy reading in the 40K universe, but I love me some Idris Elba, and if knowing the backstory makes the movie a little more enjoyable, why not

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Any point in reading the books beforehand then?
Yes. Even though the last 2 or 3 books were kind of meh, the world King builds is pretty cool.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Clutch Out!

Yeah, not enough meat on that to feed a starving ethiopian.

My brother put the new clutch on while I was at work. It's still at this stage and we probably won't get a chance to put the transmission back on until Sunday.

Probably not the worst engine bay to work on, but there's wires and poo poo everywhere.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Ugh what did that sound like when it went?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mad Dragon posted:

Jake falls from a cliff, dies, and his life gets rebooted into another world or some poo poo. He's supposed to be dead, so he slowly loses his mind until he finds a gate back to Roland's world inside a haunted house. At least, that's how I remember it.

It makes sense if this happens after the last book, since The Dark Tower sent Roland back to the beginning of his journey. This time, he did not lose the Horn of Eld. It's hard to tell from one teaser trailer. :shrug:

I've always felt the story would be better suited to a long-rear end miniseries or even like a 2-3 season run on HBO or netflix. Even though Elba looks badass (rolling the cylinder across his belt to reload :swoon: ) that movie looks...ugh. If it's a sequel to the books, it makes a lot more sense, but I still wish we'd get The Dark Tower proper.

In a perfect world, the opening shot would be the man in black fleeing across the desert, then shift to the gunslinger following. The final shot of the series would be identical shot-for-shot, except with the horn on his belt.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I thought that I read somewhere that the movie is gonna be a couple of the books, with a follow up TV series, and possibly a follow up movie? TV movie? Something.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Ugh what did that sound like when it went?

When clutches go, it's more of a feel than a sound.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

When clutches go, it's more of a feel than a sound.

Idk, hitting 6k rpm while trying to climb a gentle incline is a definite sound

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jaguars! posted:

Clutch Out!

Yeah, not enough meat on that to feed a starving ethiopian.

My brother put the new clutch on while I was at work. It's still at this stage and we probably won't get a chance to put the transmission back on until Sunday.

Probably not the worst engine bay to work on, but there's wires and poo poo everywhere.

Is that a 4afe?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Two Finger posted:

Yeah, but you should notice the slippage well before that point. My old Impreza's clutch went out around 180k miles. I could feel it slipping 5k miles before. Being a Subaru, I dumped it for a newer Subaru (because deployment cash).

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Two Finger posted:

haha yeah, it's been noticeably slipping for about 6 months. I could live with it but you don't want it to go when you're pulling across a heavily trafficked road or something. yes, 4A-FE engine.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 4, 2017

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
I know it's come up before. Looking for an online mattress recommendation, TIA.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I have a casper someone else here I think N4I got another one of those startup mattresses you really can't go wrong with the free trial. I think it was ghostbed or something, leesa is another one

All of them have some sort of referral program where both parties get $50-100 so yeah. There's hella options so do some googling and see which rings best

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 4, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I know it's come up before. Looking for an online mattress recommendation, TIA.

I can mail you a couple sheets sewn together and stuffed with my dogs' fur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
For double the price I'll include two cats worth of hair on top of collie fluff.

• Locked thread