Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Kwyndig posted:

Bah, there hasn't been a True Christianity since Romans stopped persecuting them. Once it became a major religion it fell straight into the trap that all organized religions eventually fall into. You might find a handfull of believers here and there who actually follow the virtues and teaching of Christ, but as a group they're a wash.
That would be like a Dune Messiah game.
I really need to finish learning French and translate that Dune RPG.

Everyone is Mara sounds like it would be a very strange game, but

Plutonis posted:

You can forgo personal Englithenmet and become a Boddhisatva to help other people escape the wheel of transmigration
actually sounds really neat.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
a buddhism-inspired game exactly halfway between In Nomine, Demon and Nobilis where players take turns playing as a central character, while others control bodhisattvas that guide a character away from the chains of aversion and desire. Also sometimes you fight incarnate demons of desire. Love: The Extinguishing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Impermanent posted:

a buddhism-inspired game exactly halfway between In Nomine, Demon and Nobilis where players take turns playing as a central character, while others control bodhisattvas that guide a character away from the chains of aversion and desire. Also sometimes you fight incarnate demons of desire. Love: The Extinguishing.

That sounds a lot like an Excrucian campaign anyway.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Covok posted:

I am in the market to complete my SW RPG collection, believe it or not. Let's chat and compare prices.
Seems you're not getting PMs for some reason, or I mistyped something so...

I thought I had more than these six, but ... I have these six! The Core Rulebook is in rough shape - it's a well-loved RPG book, with annotations, post-it flags, damage, probably pencil marks, etc. Everything else is good.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
If you can find a proper buyer, you can actually get decent money for those. I did, at least, but that was at the Gencon auction.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dwarf74 posted:

Seems you're not getting PMs for some reason, or I mistyped something so...

I thought I had more than these six, but ... I have these six! The Core Rulebook is in rough shape - it's a well-loved RPG book, with annotations, post-it flags, damage, probably pencil marks, etc. Everything else is good.

I actually still own a few of those from when they were new. Since I'm not trying to get to the KOTOR book off you, you can pretty much name your price on those if Amazon is anything to go by. What is the condition of the books? Any bent pages? Might pick up one just to replace my damaged copy.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Covok posted:

I actually still own a few of those from when they were new. Since I'm not trying to get to the KOTOR book off you, you can pretty much name your price on those if Amazon is anything to go by. What is the condition of the books? Any bent pages? Might pick up one just to replace my damaged copy.
I'll let you know. I'll post around a bit. I am mostly interested in selling as a lot, but it looks like I could break Old Republic out and sell that one individually. I haven't set a price yet, but if you have an offer, I'll listen. :)

e: No promises on the core book, but the others have only been browsed through a bit. That's it though. The core book is ... well, it would be fine as a backup copy for a player or something.

e2: JFC, no way anyone is paying $600 for Old Republic. You're crazy, Amazon.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 3, 2017

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I sold my 3e Warmachine campaign book for 150 bucks. You never know.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If you can find a proper buyer, you can actually get decent money for those. I did, at least, but that was at the Gencon auction.

Yeah, I considered selling my Saga Core Rulebook at a Used Game sale once for a paltry sum, and then I checked its retail value.

Suddenly, I decided that I would be better off keeping it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can someone pm me the traditional games discord link

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

dwarf74 posted:

I'll let you know. I'll post around a bit. I am mostly interested in selling as a lot, but it looks like I could break Old Republic out and sell that one individually. I haven't set a price yet, but if you have an offer, I'll listen. :)

e: No promises on the core book, but the others have only been browsed through a bit. That's it though. The core book is ... well, it would be fine as a backup copy for a player or something.

Amazon is pretty dumb for either RPG books or video games that are out of print. Check "sold" listings on eBay for a more realistic idea what stuff is worth.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

LuiCypher posted:

Yeah, I considered selling my Saga Core Rulebook at a Used Game sale once for a paltry sum, and then I checked its retail value.

Yeah, I was just trying to rid myself of most of my d20 material several years ago, of which I have been completely successful. I didn't originally think I'd be able to move d20 shovelware like Legends of the Samurai or but somebody wanted it and somebody got it and I got paid, so...

Then again, I'm the one picking up books like Cosmic Enforcers, World of Synnibarr Ultimate Adventurer's Guide, or the The Rifter 9 1/2, so I can't throw too many stones.

Sionak posted:

Amazon is pretty dumb for either RPG books or video games that are out of print. Check "sold" listings on eBay for a more realistic idea what stuff is worth.

This x 1000, it's how I figure out how to price books for auctions.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dwarf74 posted:

I can almost assure you that, somewhere, there is a Star Wars fanboy who would pay that much. There is a reason I keep my rpg collection in good condition. Star Wars books don't go down in value as much as you would think for RPG books.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone help me track down a specific quote or reference about how 3e Dragons were deliberately set with a CR value lower than is strictly true?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Covok posted:

I can almost assure you that, somewhere, there is a Star Wars fanboy who would pay that much. There is a reason I keep my rpg collection in good condition. Star Wars books don't go down in value as much as you would think for RPG books.
Yeah, but a quick search shows that you can get a new copy of the KOTOR Campaign Guide for about $220, a used copy for under $100.

A lot of stuff on Amazon Marketplace is listed according to algorithms computed by a bot somewhere. I once went looking for the most expensive RPG book ever--I wanted to see if there was anything more rare and highly prized than Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium--and my "answer" was some map pack listed for like $15,000 followed closely by Greg Costikyan's Price of Freedom. (PoF is rare, but not that rare.)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Buying anything out of print third-party is getting unbearable as the bots calculate the prices up into the hundreds even for three-year-old paperbacks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm on my meds brother

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can someone help me track down a specific quote or reference about how 3e Dragons were deliberately set with a CR value lower than is strictly true?

I don't know the source of dragon CRs being deliberately lowballed, but accidentally would totally be possible. Like most of the early 3e things, the designers clearly underestimated the potency of giving dragons full access to the sorcerer/wizard spell list.

Plutonis posted:

I'm on my meds brother

Arivia and Fuego set up dueling discords a while ago. The battles between both channels will be as eternal as the Blood War.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Arivia and Fuego set up dueling discords a while ago. The battles between both channels will be as eternal as the Blood War.

Please do not use Forgotten Realms bullshit to refer to my discord server, what has it ever done to you to deserve such a thing.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Fuego Fish posted:

Please do not use Forgotten Realms bullshit to refer to my discord server, what has it ever done to you to deserve such a thing.

I'm terribly sorry, let me correct that

Nuns with Guns posted:

The battles between both channels will be as eternal as the Blood Last War.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Blood War is clearly Planescape bullshit, thank you.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

I might as well join both. What's your channel?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

fool_of_sound posted:

I might as well join both. What's your channel?

Click here, safe in the knowledge that Plutonis is already banned.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well can ya do me a solid and unban please

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Two discords, one beef

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
this thread...... so full of.......... discord........

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
why are there double discords

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
:can:

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

sexpig by night posted:

Since the old days of Forum 103 we have had two channels because nerds can't get along.

RIP #partyhard

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

safe in the knowledge that Plutonis is already banned.

Why?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

sexpig by night posted:

The funny thing is that there are actually triple discords

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The wargame folks seem a lot chiller in that regard.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I think the story was that the boardgaming discord was originally setup as a TG discord but most of the people that joined were boardgaming thread regulars. Then the other two drama discords got created. Boardgaming discord is pretty chill.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Care to link to the boardgoon discord?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

It'll save time versus doing it every three days.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Siivola posted:

Care to link to the boardgoon discord?
I'll post the link when I'm back from work if someone hasn't already done so

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

Duelling Discords would be a great band name.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Doodmons posted:

Duelling Discords would be a great band name.

Sounds more like a MAGE supplement. A really thin, max 32.pages one full of useless crunch about paradox duel rules and fighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Because literally nobody wants him there? I mean, I have him on ignore for a reason, as does half of TG.

Also the "two discords" thing has the incredibly mundane explanation of "created at roughly the same time because neither of us are mind readers" so sorry to quash all the drama.

• Locked thread