Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

twistedmentat posted:

You're a lovely troll.

Wow that's low, editing a screenshot just to try and prove a point. For everyone ITT's benefit, here's the actual unedited pic of the codex:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Yes, everyone from the Milky Way is dead because 600 years have passed and no one can live that long. They have likely been replaced a few times over by a few generations of babies or however the canon synthesis people reproduce now

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

Yes, everyone from the Milky Way is dead because 600 years have passed and no one can live that long. They have likely been replaced a few times over by a few generations of babies or however the canon synthesis people reproduce now

The asari and the krogan would like a word.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hobo Clown posted:

Uh excuse me the Krogan and Asari can live for over a

quote:

gently caress

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Serf posted:

The ones who were in the Milky Way can't have a word, because they're dead.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they're dead Dave, they're all dead

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Serf posted:

And hat word is "life" because the reapers killed them so they are all dead

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I finished this game over the weekend and I'm not even sure why. It was tedious and all the characters are bland.

That's my Mass Effect story thanks for reading.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

I wish but they've still got at least one poorly selling sequel and an F2P mobile game with lootboxes to go.

I don't know if you realize this, but Andromeda is:

a) Hopefully poorly selling... at least compared to the others?

b) Literally has an F2P mobile companion app, which rewards you with lootboxes in singleplayer, and you can also spend real dollars to buy funbux to buy more loot boxes in multiplayer.

So this game is everything you hoped for.

Edit: Blame MGSV: Phantom Pain for normalizing microtransactions in a $60 game, I guess, because now EA is never not going to do it.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

b) doesn't do poo poo for multiplayer other than give you a currency that you can buy expendable items with that you can buy anyway with the in game currency. It gives you loot boxes for single player not multi.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Hah, I noticed what I typed and ninja edited it before you posted.

It's still EA finding a way to shoehorn microtransactions into a Mass Effect game though, are you defending the practice just because you don't need the expendable items?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

No I just corrected you that's all. The app has gently caress all to do with the microtransactions.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

uh blaming mgsv for normalizing microtransactions in triple A videogames is like blaming a 2012 mazda 3 for normalizing owning an automobile dude

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 3, 2017

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

lemonadesweetheart posted:

No I just corrected you that's all. The app has gently caress all to do with the microtransactions.

Well, except that it has a pop-up shopping list showing you everything you can buy with real-life bux and how much funbux they're priced at. It's almost like they planned to let you buy things over the app but it proved to be beyond their programming capabilities.

Cowcaster posted:

uh blaming mgsv for normalizing microtransactions in triple A videogames is like blaming a 2012 mazda 3 for normalizing owning an automobile dude

Ah well, it was the first $60 AAA game with a pay-to-win multiplayer element that I recall.

I guess Diablo 3 kind of did it too but I was tired of that piece of poo poo game like 2 days in so I never stuck around for the sanctioned auctionhouse.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

It seems as if this is actually a bad thread about a bad game

i got news for you, pal

your right

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

i got news for you, pal

your right

you're*

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hobo Clown posted:

Only a few will be alive to share the story of space hitler Shepard.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moola posted:

they're dead Dave, they're all dead

Peterson isn't, is he?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Funky See Funky Do posted:

OK so one codex entry where I explicitly underline something that says all the people from the Milky Way are dead in Andromeda isn't enough? Fine. I'll find another. Again, most of this is a direct copy/paste of a codex entry from the wiki.

Ark Hyperion

Ark Hyperion serves as the main vessel for carrying human settlers bound for Andromeda. Named after a Greek mythological figure associated with knowledge of celestial bodies, the Hyperion represents a breakthrough in intergalactic travel. Substantial money and resources were devoted to its construction, all privately funded by Jien Garson and the Andromeda Initiative.

Built to withstand the rigors of a nearly 25 million light- year voyage, the Hyperion is outfitted with ODSY drive core technology, which allows the ship to make a six hundred year voyage safely at FTL speeds. It features enough stasis pods to accommodate approximately 20000 settlers and crew.

Ark Hyperion left the Milky Way in 2185 as part of the initial wave of departures and just before everyone in the Milky Way galaxy died, under the command of Captain Nozomi Dunn.

best post in ages

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wow that's low, editing a screenshot just to try and prove a point. For everyone ITT's benefit, here's the actual unedited pic of the codex:

aaand i spoke too soon

Soridar
Jun 1, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

I do find it funny how people were all "loving stupid ME3 ending!" and now they're all "loving Andromeda ignoring the ME3 ending!". But then gamers being giant babies isn't anything new.

I find that it is often not gamers who do this, but forum trolls who would complain that the needed rains are ruining the drought, that is driving up prices on their snack cakes. Some people just have to be upset over everything.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Fun fact, a loving 1080ti Founders Edition with a 3440x1440 gsync monitor, can only drive the TITLE SCREEN of this game at 55fps.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

I wish but they've still got at least one poorly selling sequel and an F2P mobile game with lootboxes to go.

I look forward to reading your 1000 odd posts about both of these games.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bogan Krkic posted:

I applaud you for this.

So what is the mechanics of the seeking plasma system? Like do they have to actually be exposed for it to seek, or will it hit people beyond cover?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I miss Warp.
Lance is ok, but I liked how you could curve Warp behind cover, Lance you have to have good aim for.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

comatose posted:

I look forward to reading your 1000 odd posts about both of these games.

Because the way to measure a game's success is how much people don't post about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Error 404 posted:

I miss Warp.
Lance is ok, but I liked how you could curve Warp behind cover, Lance you have to have good aim for.

Warp is an ability that solders in Battlfield 1 have. Bayonet Charges will go around corners and stuff.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

It's kind of an interesting position the franchise is in now, really.

The burning hate for ME3 mostly seems to have died down between the extended cut and Citadel, so this wasn't entirely hosed from the jump. (It seems worth saying that most responses I've seen to the revised ending from people who didn't see the original have been somewhere between "That was reasonably satisfying" and "Wasn't great, but I don't see why it was such a big deal.") At the same time, pretty much everything about the current setup, even for a good game, is a momentum killer. No decision carryover, no setting carryover, no major characters kept, and the ending even aside from its... quality pretty firmly closed the books on the setting.

More than usual for a AAA sequel, Andromeda was left to stand alone, no matter how the devs tried to cash in on the name.

If Andromeda was good, then it probably would still take a bit of a hit from all that, but it would be in a better position, and a sequel could bounce back with no fuss. If it somehow didn't sell, the franchise could be quietly taken to a backroom and shot until reboot season and/or lovely tie-in mobile game time came around.

But as things stand, it's looking to be in the very awkward middle. It sold enough that standard corporate decisionmaking demands they don't abandon things yet, but its also picked up a pretty unpleasant reputation. They can reboot again, and lose what fans this game has in the hopes enough people like the new stuff, which is pretty much doomed to failure, or they can stick with Andromeda, which means picking up baggage like they skipped out of the galaxy to dodge last time.

Betting on the next one flopping, what I'm saying here.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

chiasaur11 posted:

It's kind of an interesting position the franchise is in now, really.

But as things stand, it's looking to be in the very awkward middle. It sold enough that standard corporate decisionmaking demands they don't abandon things yet, but its also picked up a pretty unpleasant reputation. They can reboot again, and lose what fans this game has in the hopes enough people like the new stuff, which is pretty much doomed to failure, or they can stick with Andromeda, which means picking up baggage like they skipped out of the galaxy to dodge last time.

Betting on the next one flopping, what I'm saying here.

I bet they're going to double down on the open world and fetch-questing while finding different ways to market-speak about it.

They're also gonna go hard in the paint towards everything else that makes the game fuckin' suck.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Drifter posted:

They're also gonna go hard in the paint towards everything else that makes the game fuckin' suck.

So every npc dialogue is gonna be voice actors reading your posts itt?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Error 404 posted:

Oof MEA being made by incompetents really hit a nerve with you, eh?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Error 404 posted:

no

they're going to be my posts :unsmigghh:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I hope EA never makes another ME game

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JawKnee posted:

I hope EA never makes another ME game

Sorry but the market has spoken.

Objectively bad stuff sells so long as you get to gently caress your waifu, see a glimpse of boob/butt and shoot lots of identical low threat enemies while collecting space coins like a demented Mario.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

DancingShade posted:

shoot lots of identical low threat enemies while collecting space coins like a demented Mario.

But enough about Borderlands...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Zero VGS posted:

Well, except that it has a pop-up shopping list showing you everything you can buy with real-life bux and how much funbux they're priced at. It's almost like they planned to let you buy things over the app but it proved to be beyond their programming capabilities.

Ah well, it was the first $60 AAA game with a pay-to-win multiplayer element that I recall.

I guess Diablo 3 kind of did it too but I was tired of that piece of poo poo game like 2 days in so I never stuck around for the sanctioned auctionhouse.
Mass Effect 3 literally had loot boxes which you could buy with currency you could buy with real money what are you even talking about?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Error 404 posted:

But enough about Borderlands...

Borderlands 1 and 2 did open world better than ME:A now that I think about it.

The vehicles were sure a lot better.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
There is a codex entry that says Helius 5G is based on quantum entanglement though so they either didn't bother to include a phone home or the call isn't going through because everyone ded.

P. S. I want a Telltale game about humanity's first accidental trip to the Citadel where you can play as a space racist whose reaction to everything is "WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT BRO?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Also, my multi-tool can interface with centuries old foreign computers yet cannot handle email push notifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Game is bad.