Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Look Sir Droids posted:

Somebody get OP back. If he can get over being doxxed the first time surely he can get over being talked down to by a woman.

Knowing what women wanted was his last bastion of defense. Without it he is helpless against people telling him he's a dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Look Sir Droids posted:

Somebody get OP back. If he can get over being doxxed the first time surely he can get over being talked down to by a woman.

I'm trying. He's not appreciating the design criticism, which frankly some is spot on, others are just idiotic for lame comedy sake. Post your bathrooms goons.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

I'm trying. He's not appreciating the design criticism, which frankly some is spot on, others are just idiotic for lame comedy sake. Post your bathrooms goons.

This is dumb too. Nobody needs to post pictures of their homes to prove they know en suite mold farms are a bad idea.

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Mine is normie builder grade.

:negative:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

This is dumb too. Nobody needs to post pictures of their homes to prove they know en suite mold farms are a bad idea.

Nonsense. I've got nothing to be ashamed of.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

What a nice fur color

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Bloop posted:

Nonsense. I've got nothing to be ashamed of.

Show us your hobbit houses

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

August 2017: OP gives up and just follows the thread's advice 100%

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

If only "women [didn't] play an unfair role in the home-buying process" all of this could have been avoided. All of it. Ugh, I'm so sick of women and their unfair roles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20n-cD8ERgs

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SoundMonkey posted:

August 2017: OP gives up and just follows the thread's advice 100%

"Look now, WOMEN! Look at all my SHELVES! IN-BATHTUB STORAGE SPACE ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Just make a shaft all the way down to the crawl space. Full fish tank. Obviously the tub will just float at the top. Load bearing fish tank. You're welcome.

a huge vertical fish tank column sounds both really cool and insanely impractical for your average suburban home. don't give the OP more ideas, please.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

My bathroom is tiny and sad, which is why this thread makes me so angry.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Megabound posted:

My bathroom is tiny and sad, which is why this thread makes me so angry.

Same, but mine is probably nicer with more storage and shelf space....

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Post ur bathroom bitch :)

E: don't use your own site to host!

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
I just have boring poo poo. Like a sink, and a tub that's nice and deep and make out of plastic(?) and easy to clean. And a window. And tile floors that cover the whole floor. And a closet.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

“diy?!” bEatmstrJ grovers in the door and just keeps grovering, sliding off around the bathroom, bouncing against walls. he grovers against your bathtub, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he’s trying to say something to you but he’s grovering at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim “I’m not a structural engineer , that’s what’s so CRAZY about this” on the way down

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I spend maybe 15 min in my bathroom each morning, just enough to poo poo, shower, shave and run out of there. My wife on the other hand spends about a half hour each morning. When house hunting, about all I cared about was the correct number of rooms and no obvious fire hazards, we looked at countless homes trying to decide and I would have gladly settled for about a dozen of the homes, my wife was far more picky and sure enough her primary concerns were the kitchen and bathroom. I for one would be just fine making GBS threads in a 5 gallon bucket in a hole over the crawlspace but at least in my scenario, my wife was more selective.

Maybe I should say my wife chose the house, maybe I should say I put the bitch I her place and forced her to accept this home. Or maybe I could do the reasonable thing and say we compromised and she got the bathroom that was her priority item. But nope, gotta have some sexist D&D poster come in here to provide a full detailed analysis of every nook and cranny of a bathroom that doesn't even exist yet to provide the expert female opinion.

This is we can't have nice things, people can't just accept sometimes people want poo poo that is different. It's like asking about car buying and AI and trying to avoid the Miata bandwagon. Who cares if it is not your perfect self cleaning dream bathroom, the rocks will ha e a look beamblaster likes and we might get another epic thread when he realizes they grow mold, or we might be wrong.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

This thread has taught me so much. Moss bathmats. Suspended bathglobes. Three-story rain showers. And here all I want is a tub that's about 4" deeper than the one I have.

Also I had to get a suction-cup soap tray because the ~aesthetic~ placement of the in-wall soap tray leaves water from the shower pouring right over the soap. This takes my fancy bar soap and turns it into a soap-stalactite hanging from the drainage hole in the dish.

OP: post the mold

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

Post ur bathroom bitch :)

E: don't use your own site to host!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Crotch Fruit posted:

But nope, gotta have some sexist D&D poster come in here to provide a full detailed analysis of every nook and cranny of a bathroom that doesn't even exist yet to provide the expert female opinion.

Did you miss the part where he said it was designed for women, and he knew what women want, and then multiple women posters and wives of goons were asked and the unanimous consensus was that, taken into consideration their own bathroom habits and wants, that it was bad, and the original design was better?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FoldableHuman posted:

This thread has taught me so much. Moss bathmats. Suspended bathglobes. Three-story rain showers. And here all I want is a tub that's about 4" deeper than the one I have.

Also I had to get a suction-cup soap tray because the ~aesthetic~ placement of the in-wall soap tray leaves water from the shower pouring right over the soap. This takes my fancy bar soap and turns it into a soap-stalactite hanging from the drainage hole in the dish.

OP: post the mold

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Megabound posted:

Did you miss the part where he said it was designed for women, and he knew what women want, and then multiple women posters and wives of goons were asked and the unanimous consensus was that, taken into consideration their own bathroom habits and wants, that it was bad, and the original design was better?
The only thing I have seen is a bandwagon of poo poo posters talking about joists before making frivilous attempts to mock everything about the OP including his tastes in music. Saying "LOL joists your bathroom is ugly" is not a fair assessment, and regardless it doesn't really matter if you think it is ugly or beautiful so long as the OP makes it safe (and hopefully somehow manages to repair the joists). The sunken tub is pretty stupid, but if his contractor actually builds it right I can't complain. I can only hope the engineer was only joking when he said to cover it up before inspection. . . Really, any engineer should know better than to pull that poo poo if their license is potentially on the line. All that really matter is adding another page of breaking bad tub gifs and joist jokes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You should probably reread the last few pages where the OP talks about how he's not building the bathroom for him, but for resale value because women and their crazy vaginas can't resist a good tub.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
You mean the "ugly bathroom" bandwagon in which the OP stated be felt it it might have style to appeal to potential buyers? Honestly, how many men do you know who brag about taking a long relaxing bubble bath? Even the brontosaurus here admitted to calling bubble baths girly. But I guess it's more important to call the OP sexist than to admit that statistically women care more about tubs then men do.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

OP please come back before we start to feed on our own kind

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

again, i mean

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crotch Fruit posted:

You mean the "ugly bathroom" bandwagon in which the OP stated be felt it it might have style to appeal to potential buyers? Honestly, how many men do you know who brag about taking a long relaxing bubble bath? Even the brontosaurus here admitted to calling bubble baths girly. But I guess it's more important to call the OP sexist than to admit that statistically women care more about tubs then men do.

Why are you posting in a thread you haven't read? Go watch TV or something.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Check his rap sheet.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

notable "building" threads
* Groverhaus
* The dude who bought some land in Hawaii and convinced some dumbasses to come out and build goontopia for him (for free, of course)
* The goons who bought land smack in the middle of the Texas desert and were going to live off the grid (I think this was a goon project)

naturally, all three were hilarious failures

how can you forget the child-murder engine masquerading as a zip-line

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 4, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my husband takes way more baths than I do

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Snoo posted:

my husband takes way more baths than I do

If you are a man this anecdote is useless. If you are a woman, how do you feel about having all the house buying power in your relationship? Pretty great right?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

The Bloop posted:

If you are a man this anecdote is useless. If you are a woman, how do you feel about having all the house buying power in your relationship? Pretty great right?

good thing we'll never be able to afford a house, so he won't have to feel emasculated about bathrooms!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Crotch Fruit posted:

He was talking down other people's tastes (or what they can afford) on like page two or three of this thread.

It's you, you're the bad poster itt.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

I've heard about this one, but missed it for some reason. Reading now.

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 4, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I've heard about this one, but missed it for some reason. Reading now.

Deleting your stupid posts when you realize you've done something horribly wrong should be bannable. Rip that thread.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Crotch Fruit posted:

I spend maybe 15 min in my bathroom each morning, just enough to poo poo, shower, shave and run out of there. My wife on the other hand spends about a half hour each morning. When house hunting, about all I cared about was the correct number of rooms and no obvious fire hazards, we looked at countless homes trying to decide and I would have gladly settled for about a dozen of the homes, my wife was far more picky and sure enough her primary concerns were the kitchen and bathroom. I for one would be just fine making GBS threads in a 5 gallon bucket in a hole over the crawlspace but at least in my scenario, my wife was more selective.

Maybe I should say my wife chose the house, maybe I should say I put the bitch I her place and forced her to accept this home. Or maybe I could do the reasonable thing and say we compromised and she got the bathroom that was her priority item. But nope, gotta have some sexist D&D poster come in here to provide a full detailed analysis of every nook and cranny of a bathroom that doesn't even exist yet to provide the expert female opinion.

This is we can't have nice things, people can't just accept sometimes people want poo poo that is different. It's like asking about car buying and AI and trying to avoid the Miata bandwagon. Who cares if it is not your perfect self cleaning dream bathroom, the rocks will ha e a look beamblaster likes and we might get another epic thread when he realizes they grow mold, or we might be wrong.

I will have you know most of us have recovered from our collective miata addiction. Please don't stereotype.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

dis astranagant posted:

Deleting your stupid posts when you realize you've done something horribly wrong should be bannable. Rip that thread.

I just finished reading and yeah, it's entertaining, but the OP deleted all his posts, so most of the delusional hilarity is missing.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

I just finished reading and yeah, it's entertaining, but the OP deleted all his posts, so most of the delusional hilarity is missing.
I asked Uncle Google about it and there's some off-site archives/reconstructions so you can at least get a sense of the scale

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I loved the empty mass grave aesthetic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Adiabatic posted:

I will have you know most of us have recovered from our collective miata addiction. Please don't stereotype.
I, for example, sold my Miata and bought a WRX.

• Locked thread