Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I bet these are gonna tear your knives up something fierce.

95% of the people in the world probably won't care or be able to tell the difference, though, so if you are pleased with them ignore me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Protect those hard long knives

Clean the teapot

Had this for a year now.

Needed a batt change.

For when you don't know if a battery is dying

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Olothreutes posted:

I bet these are gonna tear your knives up something fierce.

95% of the people in the world probably won't care or be able to tell the difference, though, so if you are pleased with them ignore me.

The sharpener works well for cheap knives, and the honing rod helps fixing burrs.
Overall I feel that every kitchen should have these two cheap items.
My expensive knives get treated better.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 4, 2017

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Needed a batt change.

Aren't batteries possibly the worst thing you can buy on Aliexpress after power banks?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That one seemed original and it's working great.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I think the rule is you should avoid purchasing things that could possibly explode.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

gmq posted:

Aren't batteries possibly the worst thing you can buy on Aliexpress after power banks?

Pretty sure that :nws: this is probably the worst thing :nws: after power banks.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Olothreutes posted:

Pretty sure that :nws: this is probably the worst thing :nws: after power banks.

Ordered

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Always keep a spare mouse for the laptop, the scroll kinda sucks.

These charger cables show flowing lights at a speed related to the power drain

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Olothreutes posted:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was about to enjoy a cup of tea until you fuckers started posting about how it was going to kill me.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Olothreutes posted:

(it did load up then went to that page, I guess Ali is just looking out for me and my anus)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

would the empty tea bags be good for cooking with herbs/etc in a soup or stew (to take out easily later) like a cheesecloth bundle would be?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sleeping bag, or body bag?

Also looking at their sleeping bag section these "banana sofas" look like they'd be great but they run the gamut from $12-$30 for seemingly the same product at different sellers and even at the lower price that's more money than I'm willing to gamble on something that seems like it would be so easy to ruin.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 4, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Those banana seats don't really look stable, they're just a long tube that's folded around. It looks like you'd just slip right through the space in the middle if you shifted the wrong way.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

The Snoo posted:

would the empty tea bags be good for cooking with herbs/etc in a soup or stew (to take out easily later) like a cheesecloth bundle would be?

Ant reason to use a tea bag instead of one of those wire mesh balls?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Those banana seats don't really look stable, they're just a long tube that's folded around. It looks like you'd just slip right through the space in the middle if you shifted the wrong way.

All the picture reviews bear this out

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

King Vidiot posted:

On one hand putting it out for extra seating at a house party and having people tumbling in and over it sounds funny, but then you;d have to clean up all the spilled drinks...

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

How are the headphones? I was looking at these same ones.

These charger cables show flowing lights at a speed related to the power drain

Are these worth a darn? I know alot of these types with the cool light/power flow burn out quick.

Links to where you got em if you don't mind :tipshat:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

less heavy metals? :v:

that's a good idea, I'll keep it in mind when ordering soon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What's weird is if the banana sofas even had like three velcro straps in the middle it would be no problem. but ~sleek design~

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sentient Data posted:

I mostly use them to avoid having to wash a sieve (and carry a wet sieve) during my school day.

Wamdoodle posted:

Are these worth a darn? I know alot of these types with the cool light/power flow burn out quick.

I'm happy​ with the headphones, worth the 30$ I paid.
The cables are a fun gimmick but delicate, you don't want to fold them harshly as that can ruin the lights.
I bought all those things a while ago so you'd want to search for them to find the current best price.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone asked me to post seed pics, but unfortunately I haven't been cataloguing their development super well!

In Oregon, the weather has been cold and lovely and also I'm a bad plant mom. But anyway germination rate was like 95%, which surprised me, but the sprouts mostly languished in apathy hell.

I told my dad to have a space made for my aliexpress seeds so I could see what happens. It's in the faaar back so if they accidentally sold me real titty gourd seeds, my shame will be hidden from the world.

So here's some cucumber sprouts and stuff I put in. Some tomatoes are in too. Everything seems to be coming in as the plant promised but, like I always say, there's still time to be disappointed!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pick posted:

I told my dad to have a space made for my aliexpress seeds so I could see what happens. It's in the faaar back so if they accidentally sold me real titty gourd seeds, my shame will be hidden from the world.

Think how rich you could become on Etsy tho.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pick posted:

germination rate was like 95%, which surprised me, but the sprouts mostly languished in apathy hell.

According to this documentary I've seen you should feed the plants blood, refer to them as Audrey.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

According to this documentary I've seen you should feed the plants blood, refer to them as Audrey.

like im going to share my feeding blood with plants

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hows your singing voice?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Olothreutes posted:

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Those customs guys must see some great stuff.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Space Taxi posted:

Those customs guys must see some great stuff.

I was a mailman and I delivered a few Ali Express Sextoys, you could always tell.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Wamdoodle posted:

I bought these from Amazon last year, they're a bit plasticy-creaky but they haven't broken yet, the Bluetooth connection is good & strong and the on-phones controls is a plus - I use them at the gym (you get hot ears tho) and leave my phone in my bag.

If you want something a bit better constructed and more stylish looking search for the Bluedio T3 phones, they're my main set now. A bit head-clampy and bass-heavy but nothing a bit of wear and tinkering with your eq won't fix.

Edit: if you're an oldschool MP3-haver rather than a Spotify streamer, look for the plus+ versions of either of the above, they can take a microsd for playback of files so you don't need your phone at all.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

NoneMoreNegative posted:

(you get hot ears tho)

Yep that's the biggest problem with them, and it's not really that bad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uhm sorry I don't usually do this sort of thing but I couldn't help but notice you're ears are... kinda hot :pervert:
:goonsay:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I was a mailman and I delivered a few Ali Express Sextoys, you could always tell.

Was it the fumes?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhm sorry I don't usually do this sort of thing but I couldn't help but notice you're ears are... kinda hot :pervert:
:goonsay:

Ugh... audiophiles.

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
Recently signed up and bought 3 different knock off Apple Watch bands for a fraction of the cost of originals. All have been flawlessly perfect. gently caress yeah China

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Always buy from China: phone glass protectors and cases- the shops sell this poo poo at a huge markup.

E: anyone got lucky with the card game? I only get 2 coins back and a 1$-2$ coupon for stuff I don't want.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 4, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Wamdoodle posted:

I bought mine from 'BOSCO Trading' and it was DOA (would only light for 5 secs) and I had to go through a dispute to get my money back.

I got the white one and it's much less bright in real life than the photos: looks okay in a dark room, but in daylight, the lights are very thin.

Always buy from China: phone glass protectors and cases- the shops BoingBoing sell this poo poo at a huge markup.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Was it the fumes?

yeah, they smelled of cheap PVC and the black baggies don't hide the form too well.
Some sellers also put it on the customs declaration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

spog posted:

it's much less bright in real life than the photos: looks okay in a dark room, but in daylight, the lights are very thin.

Yup. I basically bought those cables just because I've seen them on Amazon at 10$ apiece and HAD to prove it can be had for less.