Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping a pump shotgun on me at all times for interior fights from now on.

Double barrel or Saiga are usually better for that, the pump rack takes too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping a pump shotgun on me at all times for interior fights from now on.

Saiga is the best for interior ranges but the double barrel choke is surprisingly good at up to medium outdoor ranges with a choke. There's no damage drop off in this game, yet, but at longer range less pellets will hit.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Saiga is the best for interior ranges but the double barrel choke is surprisingly good at up to medium outdoor ranges with a choke. There's no damage drop off in this game, yet, but at longer range less pellets will hit.

Thanks, literally opened the thread to ask this question

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If you're say 50-100 meters from your target and they're running perpendicular do you need to be leading your shot? At what distance does it become more involved than "put dot on target"?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PantsBandit posted:

If you're say 50-100 meters from your target and they're running perpendicular do you need to be leading your shot? At what distance does it become more involved than "put dot on target"?

Yes you will need to lead your shot. I think if they are running, you always be leading to some extent. Bullets have real travel time, but there is no velocity drop off, either. So that means shooting someone at 100 meter should take about twice as long impact than at 50 meter. Unfortunately, that also means that shooting someone at 800m would take only twice as long as shooting someone at 400m.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Willie Tomg posted:

I really dont like the "drop on the school and hospital forever until you Learn To Kill" mentality because mostly in practice what you learn is that the person who gets their Real Gun first wins, and in the big buildings thats mostly a matter of luck, but it is pretty good for helping one shake the yips in shooting dudes.

Drop on the roof and be quick about it. If you get a weapon right away start shooting. If you don't then use one of the 4 exits to the next floor and look down there. The many exits (2 stairs, 2 square holes on the roof; the gym, the lecture hall, and the 2 stairs for floor 2->1; plus extra ways if you jump through windows) and many rooms is what makes school so good for this, not just its popularity. You have to get very unlucky to find nothing if you're moving and scanning fast.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I really wish that Squad and duo rewards were the same as solo. Sure they are only for cosmetics, but I can get more points in one decent solo match than I can in 5 good group matches

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
:aslol: you guys are still playing this game? All the cool kids have migrated over to Last Man Standing. It's the same but free :smug: http://store.steampowered.com/app/506540/Last_Man_Standing/

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Yodzilla posted:

:aslol: you guys are still playing this game? All the cool kids have migrated over to Last Man Standing. It's the same but free :smug: http://store.steampowered.com/app/506540/Last_Man_Standing/

Look at this steam review

quote:

POSTED: APRIL 4
the game is very addictive. the graphics are surprisingly very nice. but at the moment, the optimisation is very poor.
worth checking out if you can't afford unknown battlegrounds because you spend all your money on weed like me.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Developer: Free Reign Entertainment (known for WarZ, Infestation, Shattered Skies)

With that pedigree you'd expect it to be put down.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

Roki B posted:

Look at this steam review

I actually tried it out. Due to some hardware swapping going on, my brother has been without a video card in his main rig. I let him use my Alienware Alpha which just has an i3 and an 860M which is similar in performance to a 750Ti. It ran muuuuuuch better than PUBG for him, at 1080P. So man, if that reviewer thought LMS was poorly optimized, I don't know how bad of a review he'd write for PUBG. That said, I think it was supposed to be more of a competitor to H1Z1, but its very basic in execution. All of the guns seem to be based off real guns, but they don't have licenses for the names or whatever, so they're things like Thor VII and poo poo like that. Guns don't have appreciable recoil or feel to them. Overall its not great, but it is free, and there are a lot more cosmetic items than PUBG has right now.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Grrrrr.... Just lost out on delicious chicken because the guy I thought I saw go prone actually got iced by the circle :downs: So since I opened up on this corpse the only other player left found me and I died, RIP in piss idiot Chard.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Holy poo poo I got my first chicken dinner just now in solo after 16 rounds of failure. I was almost shaking at the end of it. Having a suppressor for my SCAR really made all the difference when it came to the final bush/grass battles.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How is bullet drop calculated? I was shooting at a guy with one of the semi-auto rifle who wasn't too far away and I was completely missing him. Either I was lagging terribly or the bullet drop is like 10 feet per meter past 15m or something.

Wish this game has a firing range.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Jimbot posted:

How is bullet drop calculated? I was shooting at a guy with one of the semi-auto rifle who wasn't too far away and I was completely missing him. Either I was lagging terribly or the bullet drop is like 10 feet per meter past 15m or something.

Wish this game has a firing range.

I haven't tested it but I think what you find is that all the rifles have a very small spread that is imperceptible unless you're sniping at very distant targets. That is, if you click in the exact same area twice, the bullets will go in slightly different directions.

I could be totally wrong but I've noticed, especially with the SKS, targets I have a ton of shots on I can miss all of them and I can see the dirt kicking up around them in different spots even though I'm barely adjusting my aim (usually up or down to deal with drop).

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

abigserve posted:

I haven't tested it but I think what you find is that all the rifles have a very small spread that is imperceptible unless you're sniping at very distant targets. That is, if you click in the exact same area twice, the bullets will go in slightly different directions.

I could be totally wrong but I've noticed, especially with the SKS, targets I have a ton of shots on I can miss all of them and I can see the dirt kicking up around them in different spots even though I'm barely adjusting my aim (usually up or down to deal with drop).

Yeah, that's exactly what was happening to me. I think I'll just stick with an assault rifle.

After several matches this game sure is "You were killed by some hidden person prone in a bush: The Game" huh?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I got a squad chicken dinner next to some actual chickens

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I just got this game and I had a funny moment on the prone bush stuff, where I ran over a guy hiding in a bush in a dune buggy.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Streamchat: GrndPa is my favourite and the best

https://www.twitch.tv/grndpagaming

There's no ego and sometimes he apologizes for his sailor mouth when he says words like 'heck'.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Anytime the circle goes past the southern bridge to the military base I feel like I have no chance due to people camping the bridge. Any tips when that happens?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Javes posted:

Anytime the circle goes past the southern bridge to the military base I feel like I have no chance due to people camping the bridge. Any tips when that happens?

boats?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Javes posted:

Swim. I did it recently and got to the last 5 after starting in the very north of the map and the final circle ending up in a tight ring arounnd the southern side of the military base.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 4, 2017

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Javes posted:

There's a ton of boat spawns on the coast, grab one and go around to the other side of the island.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

NickBlasta posted:

There's a ton of boat spawns on the coast, grab one and go around to the other side of the island.

There really aren't. There's 5 on the western part of the main island grouped around Primorsk, 4 on the eastern grouped around Mylta. Anything middle is actually spawning next to the military island side.

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.
Bought this. Be afraid.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Are airstrikes random, or do they target players who camp "too much"? Also, are you safe indoors during airstrikes?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

ymgve posted:

Are airstrikes random, or do they target players who camp "too much"? Also, are you safe indoors during airstrikes?

Random, and yes you are safe but you can die next to windows sometimes.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Yodzilla posted:

Gonna be honest the dealbreaker for me is that the minimap rotates with your facing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Badfinger posted:

Gonna be honest the dealbreaker for me is that the minimap rotates with your facing.

It's so much jankier than I ever expected. Everything about the game feels like it was pieced together from a BUILD YOUR OWN MILITARY SHOOTER asset kit which is probably true given the developers. It plays like absolute garbage but I got 20th in the one game I finished!!

https://twitter.com/GhostCrabGames/status/859980508662566912

I'm never complaining about PUBG again.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I seem to be really good at surviving to the Top 10/Top 20, but *reeeeeeally* bad at situational awareness. Oh well, learning curves.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Took first in a squad game today. The game bugged out and only gave me one team mate, but we came out on top. Streaming this game is a blast.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

my grenade got stuck in my hand
https://streamable.com/rwkvc

not pictured: me frantically clicking like mad

:gibs:

thegoat
Jan 26, 2004
I love everything about this game and after every match my squad discusses what we did wrong while we wait for a new match. Then we go in and do all that same poo poo again. Repeat forever.

And it never gets old.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
True story. One day I'll remember to proactively use flashbangs.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

ymgve posted:

They're random (but they always target a player, never empty space, so if you see bombs going off there's someone over there) but iirc they're more likely to pick a grid where there's a player that hasn't moved in awhile.

NickBlasta fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 4, 2017

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Spanish Matlock posted:

True story. One day I'll remember to proactively use flashbangs.

I had a great moment recently in which both myself and the person I was fighting both threw flashbangs, had both of them bounce back at us off the door we were trying to bounce them off get flashed. What followed was a very tense 30 seconds involving wildfire, lots of crawling and loud repetitive utterings of "poo poo!"

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Phrosphor posted:

I had a great moment recently in which both myself and the person I was fighting both threw flashbangs, had both of them bounce back at us off the door we were trying to bounce them off get flashed. What followed was a very tense 30 seconds involving wildfire, lots of crawling and loud repetitive utterings of "poo poo!"

I had one used on me while I was hiding in a bathroom, I slammed the door in the guys face and came to just inside to see him shoot through the door, fired off a couple bursts of SMG through the splinters and took him out.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Why are ACOGs so rare now? I could swear they were more common a few weeks ago prior to that last big patch.

Not just you. I don't follow the official notes or anything but a couple days ago the loot tables absolutely did change. I come across the same loot almost always now, which is the pump shotty, uzi, pistols galore, holo sight, and first aid kit. Also specific item spawn points in certain buildings are virtually always empty now so the total amount of loot and the variety has been cut down.

As a minmaxing sperglord I have paths that I like to follow that would virtually always get me fully geared fast. Now I'm lucky to leave my favorite area with a bone stock AR.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Badfinger posted:

The Division is a MUCH better game than Wildlands, which ran out of things to do 3 sub bosses in.

I'm not saying The Division isn't a good game. But Wildlands is a great Ghost Recon game, and playing with a full group of friends is where the game really shines imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I'm totally OK with them loving around with the loot tables and gathering feedback.

Goddamn I love this game.

• Locked thread