Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-1000

quote:

the T-1000 is described in Terminator 2 as being composed of liquid metal, or a mimetic polyalloy (nanorobotics) that it can manipulate to assume various forms. Aside from being able to camouflage itself by assuming the appearance of a nondescript object or take on the likeness of other humans that it terminates in pursuit of its goals, the T-1000's shapeshifting abilities enable it to form its hands into stabbing blades, slip through physical openings by oozing its liquid form, and instantly reform itself from any physical damage.

the joke is this is what we fight on one down and you lust for it to exist irl

jesus laugh at yourself once in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

UnknownMercenary posted:

And my response would be gently caress you I'm not using Burglar.

Fine.

ICTV stealth heists then.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I can think One Down is poorly designed poo poo and still have the ability to help people through it without cheesing it with Vox's computer. These are not contradictory positions.

My computer's not exactly cheesing, I've got 12 gigs. The designer basically has no perspective on how single-stringing is effecting the AI on different systems, especially once SSDs come into the equation, but the game is still being designed for a spec that goes down to a recommended 8, minimum 4. Remember, they literally can't beat and don't play the difficulty, which is loaded with stat implementation errors that they never corrected. Compared with 145+, which was dumb and got repeatedly revised and tweaked to remove methods people used to beat it, OD was basically tossed out and ignored.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 2, 2017

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Just stuck my head in the discord, saw some folks arguing, and suddenly the room vaporized around me, what did I miss

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-1000

the joke is this is what we fight on one down and you lust for it to exist irl

jesus laugh at yourself once in a while

You know you want liquid metal armor and gun skins.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Crabtree posted:

You know you want liquid metal armor and gun skins.

do you NOT

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

HebrewMagic posted:

Just stuck my head in the discord, saw some folks arguing, and suddenly the room vaporized around me, what did I miss

Yeah the entirety of the discord appears to have evaporated.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Crabtree posted:

You know you want liquid metal armor

Yeah, of course I want a Dragon Quest crossover, but this idea might have some balance issues.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

grancheater posted:

Yeah, of course I want a Dragon Quest crossover, but this idea might have some balance issues.

New enemy introduced, the rare liquid metal cop. Killing him would give you mad experience, like say an infamy a heist regardless of loot bags, but he has high dodge chance.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah the entirety of the discord appears to have evaporated.

Until which time the true discord server comes back (which is probably never). :smith:

EDIT: Nothing to see here!

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 3, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've already set one up.

Hit me or other goons up for an invite.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 3, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

My computer's not exactly cheesing, I've got 12 gigs. The designer basically has no perspective on how single-stringing is effecting the AI on different systems, especially once SSDs come into the equation, but the game is still being designed for a spec that goes down to a recommended 8, minimum 4. Remember, they literally can't beat and don't play the difficulty, which is loaded with stat implementation errors that they never corrected. Compared with 145+, which was dumb and got repeatedly revised and tweaked to remove methods people used to beat it, OD was basically tossed out and ignored.

It's become something of a meme - and I say this with no ill intent - but speaking frankly playing One Down on your host is easier than playing with my regular friends who do hosting duties. I know one of them has the Iter mod installed to improve police pathing, but it shouldn't be making that much of a difference. Another friend of mine who up and quit pretty much when Housewarming dropped came back for Spring Break, and running the One Down heists for his masks, we had him host the heists so that crashes and disconnects would not be an issue for him. Again it was noticeably easier even though his PC is not exactly poo poo, but cops would shoot less often or even get stuck and not spawn in. This is pretty well tread territory at this point, the fact that the difficulty can't even be experienced consistently across different hosts is a problem that complicates the discussion.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Iter will create massive differences in enemy pathing- it's one of Malidictus's favorite examples on the forums for how the game "should" be, functional effects be damned. It cuts out a ton of nodes in the pathing matrix for enemies, usually intermediate points on their intended route to conventional player positions like the house interior in Rats.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Hello, I'm looking for a group like this to play 1Down with. Pls help.

Steam: WASD| bam margera

Don't know if my crew is up for helping strangers but my steam name is i c wiener, add and we'll see if we can rustle up anyone else.

Disclaimer: I am not doing Goat Sim OD again because tearing out my own fingernails with rusty pliers is a better leisure activity than that poo poo.

Also I would much rather they leave OD alone than try another difficulty rebalance because they tend to gently caress those up.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Iter will create massive differences in enemy pathing- it's one of Malidictus's favorite examples on the forums for how the game "should" be, functional effects be damned. It cuts out a ton of nodes in the pathing matrix for enemies, usually intermediate points on their intended route to conventional player positions like the house interior in Rats.

Like I said, of the regular rotation of hosts my group has, only one uses Iter. I think my point still stands.

Wastrel_ posted:

Disclaimer: I am not doing Goat Sim OD again because tearing out my own fingernails with rusty pliers is a better leisure activity than that poo poo.

Also I would much rather they leave OD alone than try another difficulty rebalance because they tend to gently caress those up.

I think I've only done it for 2 other people since completing it myself. I'm willing to help, but Goat Sim OD is loving brutal. You need to dedicate like a 4 hour block to that heist alone.

At this point I just want them to lower down these ridiculous multipliers before doing anything else, but knowing Overkill they'll gently caress up something as simple as changing a few numbers.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
We've heard your complaints concerning the overall difficulty of Goatse Imulator. Normal units will no longer spawn on Goat Simulator Day 1. Instead, a new sniper unit will spawn for every goat picked up, and will respawn 10 seconds after being killed. We believe this will help players realize the original intent of the map, which was always meant to be the tactical and team-based collection of goats.

Have fun, heisters!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If I could trust them to make OD more balanced around maps than just blanket stat increases, Goat would be the one that proves these imaginary programmers know what they are doing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

You could do a lot for the map by just removing that weird second wave of beat cops at the beginning from all difficulties.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I wonder if there's merit in making a virtual machine with insanely low specs or some other artificial limiter on things for the some purpose of cheesing the buttfuck crazy OD heists.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lyrai posted:

I wonder if there's merit in making a virtual machine with insanely low specs or some other artificial limiter on things for the some purpose of cheesing the buttfuck crazy OD heists.

See if you can force one of those distributed computing projects to stay throttled up while you try hosting.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Discendo Vox posted:

Ooh, thread question: What's the worst concept in Payday 2?

Two dozen rifles, two of which feel good and are effective.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Lyrai posted:

Might as well just get pirate perfection and disable cop ai

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

clockworkjoe posted:

Might as well just get pirate perfection and disable cop ai

Come on man, he's trying to not cheat!

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Rule of thumb for all gaming.

The level of effort that goes in to exploiting determines if it's cheating or not. The more convoluted, obscure, and arduous the method of exploitation, the less likely it's cheating!

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Crabtree posted:

If I could trust them to make OD more balanced around maps than just blanket stat increases, Goat would be the one that proves these imaginary programmers know what they are doing.

They're never going to balance around maps. Their reasoning will be along the lines of 'eh, people can beat them so no problem'. Notwithstanding that these are excellent teams trying repeatedly over a period of several hours before one person maybe limps into the escape zone on Swan Song.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'd note that as it's currently built, the game doesn't have a set of factors for difficulty systems that are designed to be tweaked per map. You can obviously change things on a map-to-map basis, but the only one of those that's even a bit generalizeable is diff settings, which haven't historically been adjusted by difficulty.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Finally, a Mexican Heister.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Finally, akimbo revolvers.

Now where's my akimbo micro uzis?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This perk deck seems really good. Gotta see the real numbers.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
The real numbers:

Smoke grenade lasts for 8 seconds. While standing in it, you and your teammates automagically avoid 50% of gunfire. Any cops in the smoke grenade lose 50% accuracy. While you stand in the smoke grenade, all perk deck effects double (presumably setting your auto-miss to 100%). 30 second cooldown, killing cops reduces cooldown by 1 second. Allies don't receive doubled bonuses, but do gain +10% dodge while in smoke.

Every time you get hit, you gain 20% dodge chance. This is reset once you successfully dodge and has a 4 second cooldown. (Presumably 40% in smoke grenade, but you shouldn't be getting hit there, so...?)

Raw +10% dodge. (Presumably +20% in smoke grenade, but again, shouldn't matter?)

Any successful dodge refills your armor.

This sounds like another "great on paper, poo poo in practice" deck. I suppose you should be spamming the everliving gently caress out of smoke grenades, but shooting cops through smoke sounds like a chore. Raw dodge is weak, the deck has no health boost or regen, so getting most of your dodge from taking bullets is a horrible idea on anything above... gently caress, Normal? I dunno.

However, I don't see any armor restrictions on the deck, so if this lets you dodge in ICTV and then refills your ICTV every time you dodge then lmao. If not, then this is probably Discount Kingpin much like Ex-President used to be Discount Grinder; a similar gimmick (throwable slot item that makes you invincible) but probably less effective than if you spent money on the good one.

e: I mean, I could be wrong. If you've got about 90 armor in an LBV, and that takes 2-3 hits before breaking on DW, plus Bullseye, you could have some decent sustainability. ~15% base (LBV penalty, deck +10%, Sneaky Bastard) jumps to 55 or 75% before you really -need- your armor back. I'm still worried about the cooldown and huffing your own smoke all day, but whatever I'm sure chairface will make a build or three out of it

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 4, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This seems useful defensively for covering dangerous areas or objectives. I'm wondering about synergies. As Pickle says, it's pretty situational.

Now, the real big news is this guy has multiple shirts.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, who blew up the discord?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Alright, who blew up the discord?

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

ClonedPickle posted:

e: I mean, I could be wrong. If you've got about 90 armor in an LBV, and that takes 2-3 hits before breaking on DW, plus Bullseye, you could have some decent sustainability. ~15% base (LBV penalty, deck +10%, Sneaky Bastard) jumps to 55 or 75% before you really -need- your armor back. I'm still worried about the cooldown and huffing your own smoke all day, but whatever I'm sure chairface will make a build or three out of it

I tried suit first thing on a mayhem Heat Street. Was not pleased. I went LBV and was instantly impressed.

Your dodge bonuses get nuked cause the deck isn't coded to give it's dodge without penalties to LBV, but the LBV goes so well with the mounting dodge chance and auto refill. The kicker is, under certain amount of cops shooting at you, you can reliably be sure you're safe. Over a certain number shooting you at once and you get dug in to while occasionally refilling to mitigate rapid degeneration of your health. Meaning the deck isn't a flatliner but also isn't so powerful as to make you god. It gets better, though. The sprinting based dodge seems to be enough to let you sprint cover to cover with impunity, or go for ammo runs. Which is absolutely perfect and what a dodge deck needs. This additionally frees you from your deadman's grip on your smoke grenade as a dodge tool, letting you utilize it more tactically. Great for objectives, reviving people, or helping mitigate the disaster of your position being suddenly overrun by cops.

It may be too soon to say it, but I feel this is one of the most well thought out decks to date. It functions really well, but not so well that you can play dumb. It has a very clear flow to it.

Final thoughts; The suit version wasn't TOTALLY awful. I've honestly had worse times playing a rogue build. I just consider taking so many downs that I need a doctor bag even once per heist as a failure on my part. Heat Street is also a really harsh environment for a dodge build.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Character is... kinda generic. Doesn't seem to have anything beyond 'I am a sterotypical movie Mexican'. He's not bad, but I can't really see him being a big favorite - the only real appeal beyond the occasional Spanish phrase is the changing shirts.

Akimbo revolvers are.. bad? The fact that you only get six clicks before you've got to go through a fairly slow reload is frustrating, and the accuracy didn't seem to really be there. Very very limited mods - 2 (one with a single option, the other with two that are statistically identical) plus boost.

The machete is a slightly worse Ice Pick.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

Akimbo revolvers are.. bad? The fact that you only get six clicks before you've got to go through a fairly slow reload is frustrating, and the accuracy didn't seem to really be there. Very very limited mods - 2 (one with a single option, the other with two that are statistically identical) plus boost.
Didn't help that they didn't seem to benefit from any pistol/akimbo skills.

quote:

The machete is a slightly worse Ice Pick.
Of course not; it isn't powered by the same level of dollar value.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm all for Day of the Dead masks, but I've got a bias. Being a Travel Agent to the Dead and all.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Nice mask, but it looses points for not making every NPC and map look like a paper cut-out diorama.

8/10, would reap again.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So I played a round of Green Bridge on Mayhem. Twice I encounter a Skulldozer.

Aren't Skulldozers reserved for Deathwish only? Or is there a really small chance that Skulldozers can appear on Mayhem? Maybe something broke during the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

MIght be a scripted spawn. Same with how Hoxton Breakout day 1 used to always have a Skulldozer in the correct garage room.