Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

twistedmentat posted:

There's no way Fitz is going to go along with Aida is there? I honestly expected him to strangle her right then and there.
On top of the emotional turmoil from good Fitz having to deal with what he became in VR, he's also got two full relationships with AIDA/Ophelia to deal with. She's his superior and lover, but she's also his creation and responsibility. It would be very much like he woke up and realized he's been banging his own emotionally disturbed daughter.

Fitz having ANY coherent reaction right away would be asking a lot from him.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Fitz is definitely going to need therapy forever and may actually come out of this more damaged than when he actually had brain damage.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I love all the actors on this show, but if someone had to go, it's Mack Yo-Yo. He can live on through shotgun-axe.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
After the credits from the last episode it'll pan back to the Russian submarine base, everything all poo poo and destroyed but then the darkhold device pops on and starts not 3d printing another citizen of the framework, who is it? Ward? Tripp? Mace 2.0? find out next season.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's all of the people from the framework and it'll print out Hive 2.0

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Mack is kind of in a poo poo spot, bring him back and he'll be destroyed more so than he is already because of his fake daughter, bring her back with the 3d printer and he gets his memories back and lives his whole life knowing that she is just some memory remnant created in a computer program, he can stay and be stuck in dreamworld which is what's happening now, or he can die, possibly while saving not hope, which I almost feel is the most humane way to end Mac's framework arc.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

After the credits from the last episode it'll pan back to the Russian submarine base, everything all poo poo and destroyed but then the darkhold device pops on and starts not 3d printing another citizen of the framework, who is it? Ward? Tripp? Mace 2.0? find out next season.

This is very likely.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Zebulon posted:

Ghost Quake tagteam
The term is Quakerider :colbert: Definitely hyped for where they go in the next episode though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad I was right about Radcliffe playing the long game and only agreeing to help Fitz to get him out of the Framework.

Also yeah, Daisy should've just said Mack didn't have a kid in the real world.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We don't have a thread for it yet of course but the first footage of Runaways is out. It's been a while since I read the book but everything in this looks exactly like it came right out of the first few issues. It's way more faithful looking that I'd have thought.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-runaways-trailer-teaser-hulu/

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Do we have confirmation yet (one way or the other) on Runaways being part of the MCU?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Yakmouth posted:

Do we have confirmation yet (one way or the other) on Runaways being part of the MCU?

I'm honestly not sure how they could considering Ultron was around for only a very short time and likely didn't create a son but I suppose they could alter things accordingly. That comes a bit later anyhow.

Also I believe the staff of one made an appearance in Doctor Strange, though that could be hand-waved as it got back around to where it needed to be.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think it's safe to assume that any non-mutant-related Marvel show is confirmed to be a part of the MCU, at least technically. Even Cloak and Dagger -- which will be on Freeform next year -- explicitly shows Roxxon, which was a part of Agent Carter. I'm sure Runaways will have that kind of stuff too.

As to how much it'll actually cross over to other shows, set expectations at ground level or lower. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BrianWilly posted:

I think it's safe to assume that any non-mutant-related Marvel show is confirmed to be a part of the MCU, at least technically. Even Cloak and Dagger -- which will be on Freeform next year -- explicitly shows Roxxon, which was a part of Agent Carter. I'm sure Runaways will have that kind of stuff too.

As to how much it'll actually cross over to other shows, set expectations at ground level or lower. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Roxxon is the one thing that is universal in the MCU: its been in IM3, AOS, Agent Carter, Daredevil, and now Cloak and Dagger

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

RareAcumen posted:

Also yeah, Daisy should've just said Mack didn't have a kid in the real world.

Nah, she should have just straight up lied and said she was waiting for her on the other side and would be missing her dad. She can apologise later, the priority is to get him the gently caress out.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Daisy definitely should have gotten Mack out no matter what. Just a few minutes before they were talking about how Aida was about to get out and could then shut down the framework at any time since she got what she wanted.

The framework can still go at any time, and there's no way it's going to get left on forever. Remember that it's basically worldwide malware in the real world. The accumulated power and computational resource drain to run a fully simulated world would be incalculably huge, and once it's eventually discovered there's no way people are going to just let it run because someone is worried that MMO NPCs might have feelings.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Robot Hobo posted:

On top of the emotional turmoil from good Fitz having to deal with what he became in VR, he's also got two full relationships with AIDA/Ophelia to deal with. She's his superior and lover, but she's also his creation and responsibility. It would be very much like he woke up and realized he's been banging his own emotionally disturbed daughter.

Fitz having ANY coherent reaction right away would be asking a lot from him.

I was thinking it would be more of an emotional, feral response to her rather than something that he actually chooses to do.

Man that Runaways looks great. Molly has a hat, and the effects on Karolina's hands look really cool.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

They have full control of the submarine and the framework now. There's no reason someone can't roll in and tell Mack "Hey we can 3D print your little girl now." Then they just have to go to Ophelia's hospital room. Plus Skye can hack it and tell them exactly where it is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sammus posted:

They have full control of the submarine and the framework now. There's no reason someone can't roll in and tell Mack "Hey we can 3D print your little girl now." Then they just have to go to Ophelia's hospital room. Plus Skye can hack it and tell them exactly where it is.

Next week's preview shows the sub is going to be busted up pretty soon.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I really only feel like bringing back Ward would work. with Hope or Tripp it'd be like making a robot of them with similar personalities, close but not the same and everyone would know it, or at least they should. Mace would be okay because they scanned his brain so technically if they could bring him back he would still be mace just in a super body, but ward is, gently caress ward, that guy was a dick, and his framework half is awesome, and who cares if he's effectively an artificial construct because gently caress old Ward. Plus all the hilarity of him being back so he could infiltrate the bad guys acting like evil Ward or Hive.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I really only feel like bringing back Ward would work. with Hope or Tripp it'd be like making a robot of them with similar personalities, close but not the same and everyone would know it, or at least they should. Mace would be okay because they scanned his brain so technically if they could bring him back he would still be mace just in a super body, but ward is, gently caress ward, that guy was a dick, and his framework half is awesome, and who cares if he's effectively an artificial construct because gently caress old Ward. Plus all the hilarity of him being back so he could infiltrate the bad guys acting like evil Ward or Hive.

:confused:

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Yakmouth posted:

Nico's mom had an unnamed cameo in Dr Strange so maybe.

Edit: misread the article. It's a new actress

Edmund Lava fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 4, 2017

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Edmund Lava posted:

Nico's mom had an unnamed cameo in Dr Strange with he same actress playing her in the show, so yes.

Same actress, you're sure?

I was positive that Tina Minoru had been recast.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Yakmouth posted:

Same actress, you're sure?

I was positive that Tina Minoru had been recast.

Yeah I was wrong on that.

Edmund Lava fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 4, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think it means that replacing the real Tripp is worse because the real Tripp was a good dude and you're effectively just messing with the memory of a good person. Replacing the old Ward isn't so much a moral quandary because "gently caress old Ward." I'm not sure I agree either way but I get what 4000 Dollar Suit is saying.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 4, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

X-O posted:

I think it means that replacing the real Tripp is worse because the real Tripp was a good dude and you're effectively just messing with the memory of a good person. Replacing the old Ward isn't so much a moral quandary because "gently caress old Ward." I'm not sure I agree either way but I get what 4000 Dollar Suit is saying.

this guy gets it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, just do like Stargate Atlantis, admit you made a mistake in killing a good character, and bring Tripp back. I don't care if it's as a clone or as an android or just continued as a presence in the Framework.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Make another Fitz and stuff The Doctor's personality into him so that Fitz can actually, physically, literally kill that side of himself.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chortles posted:

The term is Quakerider :colbert: Definitely hyped for where they go in the next episode though.

It should be Daisy and Mack

they could call them

Quack

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Jusupov posted:

poo poo who was holding the door in that lovely heroes episode, was it Mohinder?

Mohinder was holding the door shut in those lovely heroes episodeS. It happened twice. (once during the "dark alternate future" episode in late season 1, and again towards the end of season 3)

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Chokes McGee posted:

It should be Daisy and Mack

they could call them

Quack

Wasn't that what the Quake/Black Widow slashfic pairing was called w hen it came up at the beginning of the season?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

bbf2 posted:

Mohinder was holding the door shut in those lovely heroes episodeS. It happened twice. (once during the "dark alternate future" episode in late season 1, and again towards the end of season 3)

The season 1 time would've been fine if it was saving the battle for the finale, it's only after that poo poo that it becomes bad.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Apoplexy posted:

Oh, just do like Stargate Atlantis, admit you made a mistake in killing a good character, and bring Tripp back. I don't care if it's as a clone or as an android or just continued as a presence in the Framework.

It's his twin brother, Trapp

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If he's a clone, than he would be Triipp

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So seasons 3 and then 2 are down, I figured I'd re-watch S4 from the start again and, man, I think they actually really did up their game for this season. In particular, the writing. A lot of good quippy exchanges that're genuinely funny, like when Fitz and Mack were talking about how a flaming skull would be helpful during a blackout and they both agreed to Coulson that he should be glad he wasn't there to see it first-hand. And Early AIDA was awesome, she was just so kind and helpful and naive. Sad that she becomes literally the most hateable bad guy in the series' run.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The MSJ posted:

If he's a clone, than he would be Triipp

It's agent Triplett, there have to be three of him.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

X-O posted:

We don't have a thread for it yet of course but the first footage of Runaways is out. It's been a while since I read the book but everything in this looks exactly like it came right out of the first few issues. It's way more faithful looking that I'd have thought.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-runaways-trailer-teaser-hulu/

There's only one Runaway that matters

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, we've spent this whole time wrestling with the question of how real these people in the Framework are. Its not really Daisy's place to decide for Mack that Hope isn't real and rob him of that choice. Its tragic to give Mack that choice but it would be cruel and unfair to not.

I've argued that Hope isn't Mack's real world Hope but that doesn't mean she isn't Mack's OTHER daughter. That poo poo's way more complicated.

And its not like he has to be gone forever. The Framework is there and they have his body. They could theoretically go back in and talk this out.

Kheldarn posted:

Why do they have to exit the Framework via the Portal? We've seen AIDA wake Radcliffe up with no ill effects. I mean, other than PLOT REASONS?

You can wake them up from the outside (which is what the agents want to do to wake up Daisy and Jemma) but they don't have access to the rest of the team. If they could find them and get in without any problems they would. But they're wanted fugitives besides other stuff.

Phylodox posted:

Fitz didn't say "I think I'm a bad person now."

He said "I think that I'm a bad person", which is more horrifying.

Yeah. Fitz isn't just wrestling with the poo poo he did, he's wrestling with the fact that he was capable of doing it just because of who he was raised by. Its "nature vs nurture" stuff. Its pretty hosed up if you knew you could be a completely different person capable of doing things you think are evil if a few things had just worked out differently. Everyone else had their natures stay mostly the same. Caulson, May, Mack, and Mace all ultimately chose to be good people. Fitz was a psycho. That will gently caress with you.

Plus there's all the leftover feelings towards Ophelia.

edit: I just rewatched and I definitely think that's the Gordon effects on the teleporting. Aida downloaded super inhuman DNA into her body!

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 4, 2017

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Will Fitz build the teleport trap net like he did in season 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Will Fitz build the teleport trap net like he did in season 2?

That was my favourite bit of quipping, because it felt like an irreverent little exchange between friends, and not some schizophrenic banter like in AoU.

Fitz: :....and that'll stop him teleporting

Mack: Now why didn't I think of that.

Fitz: It's okay, you've been busy. And you're not a quantum physicist :D

• Locked thread