Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Ewan posted:

As much as people hate his racist remarks, he is at times rather witty

"I thought it was against the law these days for a woman to solicit." Said to a woman solicitor.

"You could do with losing a little bit of weight." To hopeful astronaut, 13-year-old Andrew Adams.

"There's a lot of your family in tonight." After glancing at business chief Atul Patel's name badge during a 2009 Buckingham Palace reception for 400 influential British Indians to meet the Royal couple.

You've provided examples of the former, you got any for the latter?

e. 1927: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland renamed to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

e2. Wait when did history sniping stop being a thing?

SpaceCommie fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I expect Philip is withdrawing from public appearances so he can concentrate on his new role as Britain's goodwill ambassador to the Brexit negotiations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

mehall posted:

I can't. There's a UKIP candidate, and a Unionist party candidate in addition to the Conservative and Unionist one.

You do know that you don't have to rank every candidate? Just rank your 'good to not awful' ones then leave the others blank.

I'm an idiot and forgot I was going to be in London today so didn't apply for a postal/proxy vote. I have failed democracy.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ewan posted:

As much as people hate his racist remarks, he is at times rather witty

"I thought it was against the law these days for a woman to solicit." Said to a woman solicitor.

"You could do with losing a little bit of weight." To hopeful astronaut, 13-year-old Andrew Adams.

"There's a lot of your family in tonight." After glancing at business chief Atul Patel's name badge during a 2009 Buckingham Palace reception for 400 influential British Indians to meet the Royal couple.

:cripes:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SpaceCommie posted:

Women and chubby people are races now?

And history snipes died about the same time fat dogs came in.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

SpaceCommie posted:

e. 1927: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland renamed to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

e2. Wait when did history sniping stop being a thing?
None of those are racist, really. The Patel one might be argued as such by some people but it's more related to it being a common name, rather than displaying any sort of prejudice or discrimination against Indian people.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Seems pretty dumb they announced this on an election day.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Gives the news something to talk about as they're not really allowed to talk politics stuff while polling is open

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Ewan posted:

None of those are racist, really. The Patel one might be argued as such by some people but it's more related to it being a common name, rather than displaying any sort of prejudice or discrimination against Indian people.

Yeah true, let's give the openly racist loving Prince the benefit of the doubt that his joke about being around a lot of Asian people wasn't racist.

loving hell.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hello dear Brexizens, let's make Brexit a success

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
No Brexit is better than a bad Brexit imo

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Jedit posted:

Women and chubby people are races now?

I meant to switch it to an example of, but I am just super lazy. Apologies.

Even my Tory voting, Brexit Supporting, FYGM spouting, child support dodging "friend" thought Philip was a despicable racist.

Ewan posted:

The Patel one might be argued as such by some people but it's more related to it being a common name, rather than displaying any sort of prejudice or discrimination against Indian people.

:thumbsup:

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

The Telegraph have a collection http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-philip/9883276/Duke-of-Edinburghs-best-gaffes.html

"While touring a factory near Edinburgh he said a fuse box was so crude it "looked as though it had been put in by an Indian".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Will Phil be sent back to Corfu post-Brexit now he's an immigrant spouse who doesn't work?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Seaside Loafer posted:

The Telegraph have a collection http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-philip/9883276/Duke-of-Edinburghs-best-gaffes.html

"While touring a factory near Edinburgh he said a fuse box was so crude it "looked as though it had been put in by an Indian".

He has a point about Tom Jones.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seaside Loafer posted:

Have they redefined what a gaffe means when some old fart going around being a serial racist prick suddenly counts?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
My council ward has 3 SNP candidates and one from each of the other main parties, I guess as a result of the boundary changes last year? Previously we had two Labour councillors but it'll probably look something like 2xSNP, 1xLab and 1xLib this time around.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Phil was right about British women in 1966, and he's still right now.

They can't cook for poo poo.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Context on "Strong and Stable Leadership" and the Tories' endless repetition thereof:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/860076729552994304

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/860076922088419328

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 4, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What's the election today?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gort posted:

What's the election today?
local councils.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Will Phil be sent back to Corfu post-Brexit now he's an immigrant spouse who doesn't work?

Nah, he probably qualifies for a right to permanent residence by now. Just has to fill in an 85-page form first, and document his whereabouts and foreign travels for the past few decades.

Pluskut Tukker fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 4, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdcWFpZlLzA

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lord of the Llamas posted:

maybe he really did die and they needed to come up with a cover to stop it from affecting election day even more once the news of the meeting leaked

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Oberleutnant posted:

local councils.

I've been looking at my candidates and two of them don't have any online presence whatsoever. Of the remainder all but two seem to be really bad, and it's possible one of them has killed three people but I can't be sure it isn't someone else around the same age in the same neighbourhood with the same name. local councillors lol

If I want to put the Tory candidate last do I have to rank all the intermediate ones too or can I just do the top couple and the last one?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

big scary monsters posted:

it's possible one of them has killed three people but I can't be sure it isn't someone else around the same age in the same neighbourhood with the same name. local councillors lol

Sounds like someone's prepared to make the tough strong choices required to reduce council expenditure by reducing demand for public services. Vote #1 imo

big scary monsters posted:

If I want to put the Tory candidate last do I have to rank all the intermediate ones too or can I just do the top couple and the last one?

But yes, in Scotland you do have to vote all the ones in between if you want to vote someone last. #votetillyouboke. Maybe do your best to calculate the exact number of poors they want to kill and vote in order of least to most?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Angepain posted:

Sounds like someone's prepared to make the tough strong choices required to reduce council expenditure by reducing demand for public services. Vote #1 imo

But yes, in Scotland you do have to vote all the ones in between if you want to vote someone last. #votetillyouboke. Maybe do your best to calculate the exact number of poors they want to kill and vote in order of least to most?

OK, thanks. I will try to figure out how to rank the Lib Dem who left Labour for the SDP, the man who has never used the internet and the SNP candidate with the overall top K/D ratio.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Just voted Lib Dem

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy/status/860078118912106496

Expert trolls

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Big Phil's a massive racist, which is bad, but I do have a certain admiration for his unrepentant "You can't sack me, I'm married to the loving queen" approach to life.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pissflaps posted:

Just voted Lib Dem

Good for you, finding your political home.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Just voted Lib Dem

I am very disappointed and retract my statement from a few weeks back when I said you were a good lad who means well.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Just voted Lib Dem

I don't appreciate this.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I have a metro mayor vote today but they're all trash

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Then just vote Labour and be done with it, like me, Barry Foster

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Weird looks like half my previous post went missing. What it should have said is

Just voted Lib Dem as my second preference in the Teesside mayor election.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Pissflaps posted:

Weird looks like half my previous post went missing. What it should have said is

You're a card, Pissflaps

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that wasn't an accident and you did it on purpose for reasons unknown but I still retract my retraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
I don't appreciate tomfoolery.

• Locked thread