Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Krustic posted:

I liked how Hillary came out and said I take full responsibility for my election loss then like the next sentence said but it's Russia and Comey's fault I lost. She's bad.

"i take full responsibility but IT'S NOT MY FAULT" ~ ja rule hillary clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

it's less that they are becoming actual conservatives like some 50's nuclear family and more that they are yelling "NO gently caress YOU DAD" at the top of their lungs

it's just that where we grew up and our dads were conservative guys, they grew up with dads that drink latte and listen to Rage Against the Machine

I've heard this before, but is that really it? Studies have shown that kids grow up to hold their parents beliefs/ideologies pretty much across the board.

It's probably that liberals are aborting all their kids and conservatives are having litters that's changing everything. :colbert:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

spacetoaster posted:

I've heard this before, but is that really it? Studies have shown that kids grow up to hold their parents beliefs/ideologies pretty much across the board.

It's probably that liberals are aborting all their kids and conservatives are having litters that's changing everything. :colbert:

nah, like my edit said it happened in the 80's too with yuppie culture

it's not a sure thing because not every child rebels, but the ones that do usually go contrarian to their parents

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

nah, like my edit said it happened in the 80's too with yuppie culture

it's not a sure thing because not every child rebels, but the ones that do usually go contrarian to their parents

More than 70% just go with their parents beliefs. The other 30% is split between those that go further right/left.

I guess if my parents were using me as currency to show how woke we all were to their friends I'd go right too.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
my 8 year old is super woke

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

my 8 year old is super woke

Congrats on raising the next hitler I guess.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I deal with people who honestly believe that if Trump is impeached, Hillary will be president.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Khazar-khum posted:

I deal with people who honestly believe that if Trump is impeached, Hillary will be president.

bernie can still win

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Berniewood half one.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Khazar-khum posted:

What?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

she won the popular vote YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"Superdelegates are just part of the way the system works. It's checks and balances."

"Boooo! Throw the electoral college in the trash! That's not democracy!"

- the same person

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

say what you will about the democrats - at least they lost gracefully.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Graceful, like the leaping of a diarrhetic gazelle.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

yeah this, it sure as poo poo isn't 35 year olds making Pepe memes on 4chan

there's some, but right now if you're 17 and you want to be anti-establishment you're tossing around terms like red pilled unironically

like, play a game on steam, count the number of alt-right and Trump avatars you find

As opposed to when we were 14 and Counterstrike was entirely composed of kids trying to yell human being as many times as they could in a minute?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

As opposed to when we were 14 and Counterstrike was entirely composed of kids trying to yell human being as many times as they could in a minute?

That was a more innocent time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

phasmid posted:

"Superdelegates are just part of the way the system works. It's checks and balances."

"Boooo! Throw the electoral college in the trash! That's not democracy!"

- the same person

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I nearly forgot this story but you reminded me and i feel compelled yo share. My 15 year old self briefly set my steam handle to a jewish surname for steam/counter strike, to mess with some skinheads that kept popping in on my home server. The clan that ran it wouldnt ban them because they toed the line enough to not be outright racist in comms. I hated this so on top of the name change I would set my family bible on the computer desk and recite from the Torah. The bait worked and i got them banned by puppet mastering a very racist meltdown from someone. That weekend featured his aryan posse joining the server specifically to scream incoherent nazi bullshit in legit hate and anger towards me, and i changed it and dropped the act when someone with a security background actually doxxed me and began to harass me under the pretext of me being for real Jewish, even though the word got out it was just a troll. I got mailed a box of poo poo with the turds organized into a swastika. My parents filed a police report lol

This happened because i named myself Goldstein and recited leviticus at someone.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

basic hitler posted:

I nearly forgot this story but you reminded me and i feel compelled yo share. My 15 year old self briefly set my steam handle to a jewish surname for steam/counter strike, to mess with some skinheads that kept popping in on my home server. The clan that ran it wouldnt ban them because they toed the line enough to not be outright racist in comms. I hated this so on top of the name change I would set my family bible on the computer desk and recite from the Torah. The bait worked and i got them banned by puppet mastering a very racist meltdown from someone. That weekend featured his aryan posse joining the server specifically to scream incoherent nazi bullshit in legit hate and anger towards me, and i changed it and dropped the act when someone with a security background actually doxxed me and began to harass me under the pretext of me being for real Jewish, even though the word got out it was just a troll. I got mailed a box of poo poo with the turds organized into a swastika. My parents filed a police report lol

This happened because i named myself Goldstein and recited leviticus at someone.

lmao jesus ty for that

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

basic hitler posted:

I didn't realize you could open the ark of the covenant in counterstrike.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

phasmid posted:

You can but the prices for keys are nuts and it probably just has a crappy AK skin anyway

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

phasmid posted:

just like the ark, open it at your own risk~

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8_7Orhey-g

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 4, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It’s a tragic chain of events: If Bill Clinton hadn’t boarded that plane in June, Comey might not have spoken out in July, which means he wouldn’t have felt compelled to speak up again in October, which means Hillary Clinton would have won the election in November.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

basic hitler posted:

Literally doing God's work, basic hitler.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

"I just can't live in this brave new world where men are kissing on other men! I embrace the abyss!"

- Children, apparently.

This, but unironically. I honestly think there is going to be a civil war over this petty poo poo.

spacetoaster posted:

People are often very liberal in youth and a certain percentage later rethink these beliefs, in fact converts (in religion and politics) are often the most radical. There is a lot of truth to the old "If you're not liberal by 20 you have no heart, and if you're not conservative by 30 you have no brain" phrase, if only to demonstrate how common this political flip-flop is. But an unusual amount of young people compared to 10 or 20 years ago are embracing nativism and patriarchy. Like someone said earlier in the thread "Jump into a game of counter-strike and see"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Chomp8645 posted:

I would have won if LEAKERS didn't tell everyone I was a huge rear end in a top hat!!!

*Loses to a guy everyone already knows is a huge rear end in a top hat anyway*

I've said it many times before, the one thing I kind of appreciate about Trump over Hillary is that Trump is just utterly brazen and shameless about how much of an rear end in a top hat he is. A typical politician like Hillary is two-faced as hell and tries to pretend they're a decent human being, but you can tell how fake they're being. Trump is a gigantic douchebag and makes no attempt to hide it and in fact revels in it.

basic hitler posted:

lamo that's amazing

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

This, but unironically. I honestly think there is going to be a civil war over this petty poo poo.

People are often very liberal in youth and a certain percentage later rethink these beliefs, in fact converts (in religion and politics) are often the most radical. There is a lot of truth to the old "If you're not liberal by 20 you have no heart, and if you're not conservative by 30 you have no brain" phrase, if only to demonstrate how common this political flip-flop is. But an unusual amount of young people compared to 10 or 20 years ago are embracing nativism and patriarchy. Like someone said earlier in the thread "Jump into a game of counter-strike and see"

I just turned 30 and I've flip-flopped politically a ton of times over my lifetime. My parents are conservative Catholics so I was that until I was a teenager, then I became liberal when I realized I didn't actually believe in God, then during college I had a Libertarian phase, then became liberal again, then went full SJW, then realized I was being an rear end in a top hat, now I guess I'm a moderate with strong feelings of "gently caress you" to both political parties.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

basic hitler posted:

Ironically I remember a similar story but with a bad ending.
A dude was playing cs back in the 1.3 days against a team with team tags 14/88 or some poo poo like that, called them names or trolled them or something. Problem is, turns out the nazis actually owned the server and used it like a training ground for clanwars. Only unlike alt-right gamergate wimps, CS wasnt their main focus. They were a part of a soccer hooligan crew and actually fought and assaulted people. So the admin took a look the ip address, figured out they have the same internet provider and basically found where the dude lived. Kicked his rear end thoroughly, spit on him, etc.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Stickfigure posted:

Ironically I remember a similar story but with a bad ending.
A dude was playing cs back in the 1.3 days against a team with team tags 14/88 or some poo poo like that, called them names or trolled them or something. Problem is, turns out the nazis actually owned the server and used it like a training ground for clanwars. Only unlike alt-right gamergate wimps, CS wasnt their main focus. They were a part of a soccer hooligan crew and actually fought and assaulted people. So the admin took a look the ip address, figured out they have the same internet provider and basically found where the dude lived. Kicked his rear end thoroughly, spit on him, etc.

Extremely lol if true

England is such a craphole

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

England is such a craphole

B b but look at their gun control!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blue Train posted:

B b but look at their gun control!

Don't forget that awesome FREE healthcare too!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spacetoaster posted:

Don't forget that awesome FREE healthcare too!

You'll need it to deal with all the random violence and stabbings

An armed society is a polite society

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You'll need it to deal with all the random violence and stabbings

Hey buddy. You're gonna need to check your privilege and stop with that racism.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, If the dude had a gun, it would end differently (lol it wouldnt)
And btw the story is from Russia.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Stickfigure posted:

Yeah, If the dude had a gun, it would end differently (lol it wouldnt)
And btw the story is from Russia.

So even more of a shithole than England, then

It would never have happened like that in the US is what I'm saying

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 4, 2017

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

So even more of a shithole than England, then

It would never have happened like that in the US is what I'm saying

Worse: There would be Tweets about it.

TWEETS! TWITTER WOULD BE AWASH IN THE BLOOD OF ITS VICTIMS!

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I just want universal health care so people will stop going to the emergency room to get their prescriptions filled.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I want UHC so that l can both live past 50 and leave money to my sister's kids.

The upper class is stealing the middle class's nest eggs through healthcare.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

There are certain things which should not be monetized and health care is one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
We've sacrificed middle-class intergenerational wealth-accumulation so that millionaires can buy more yachts and billionaires can buy more airships

God bless price-gouging enabled by demand-inelasticity!

• Locked thread