Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

FoldableHuman posted:

I asked Uncle Google about it and there's some off-site archives/reconstructions so you can at least get a sense of the scale

omg

everyone involved in that project should have been forced to ride that snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

You should probably reread the last few pages where the OP talks about how he's not building the bathroom for him, but for resale value because women and their crazy vaginas can't resist a good tub.

op is building a nest to attract a mate, not unlike several species of birds and fish. This is nature. This is evolution.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Elsa posted:

op is building a nest to attract a mate, not unlike several species of birds and fish. This is nature. This is evolution.

I guess the shiny wet rocks will work if he's trying to attract a bowerbird, but the color scheme is all wrong. Shouldn't he go with blue? And maybe some tasteful displays of feathers and plastic bits?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Antivehicular posted:

I guess the shiny wet rocks will work if he's trying to attract a bowerbird, but the color scheme is all wrong. Shouldn't he go with blue? And maybe some tasteful displays of feathers and plastic bits?

presentable is definitely a higher priority than functional or dependable. Mating season is just three weeks out of the year.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elsa posted:

presentable is definitely a higher priority than functional or dependable. Mating season is just three weeks out of the year.

I guess that explains the three baths per annum policy

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm on a phone, but does someone have a link to that "u wan sum fuk" bird edition video?

Edit: found it! https://youtu.be/-TcLxlkc2pA

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Adiabatic posted:

I will have you know most of us have recovered from our collective miata addiction. Please don't stereotype.

How about the Prius addiction. :colbert:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

dis astranagant posted:

I loved the empty mass grave aesthetic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFscYYRsNnQ

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Gee, he's deleting posts? And here I thought:

bEatmstrJ posted:

I can handle the wrath of the internet. In between all the naysayers there are some smart people on this forum who certainly know more than I do about many things.

Things like joists! And women! I thought you could take the mold-encouraging heat, OP.

Edit: sorry, I misunderstood and it's the zip line goon who deleted posts. I still think the quote stands given how the OP bounced the moment he got critique over his bigotry (he had threatened to bounce earlier over the DIY comments).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 4, 2017

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I still don't understand what a sales engineer is. The guy from Office Space who gets t-boned?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Gee, he's deleting posts? And here I thought:

Things like joists! And women! I thought you could take the mold-encouraging heat, OP.

I think they were referring to a different thread. The only things it looks like this OP has removed are those joists and any doubt that he's an idiot.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Gee, he's deleting posts?

The 'deleting posts' bit is in reference to the goon who built the zipline o' death. Not OP.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Gee, he's deleting posts?

No, OP has left this wonderful thread intact, unlike his bathroom floor. It was the zipline guy that deleted posts.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Right but those were all angry feminist she-goons, not the sexy traditional women a sales engineer pulls.

This but unironically. lol if you think female goons are a good representation of the average woman

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Slugworth posted:

I still don't understand what a sales engineer is. The guy from Office Space who gets t-boned?

Pictured: bAthdisastrJ

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I just noticed the new thread title.
DIY & Hobbies › Complete bathroom overhaul - Builder-grade misogyny

:thumbsup:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I just noticed the new thread title.
DIY & Hobbies › Complete bathroom overhaul - Builder-grade misogyny

:thumbsup:

Noice

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Fruit posted:

I spend maybe 15 min in my bathroom each morning, just enough to poo poo, shower, shave and run out of there. My wife on the other hand spends about a half hour each morning. When house hunting, about all I cared about was the correct number of rooms and no obvious fire hazards, we looked at countless homes trying to decide and I would have gladly settled for about a dozen of the homes, my wife was far more picky and sure enough her primary concerns were the kitchen and bathroom. I for one would be just fine making GBS threads in a 5 gallon bucket in a hole over the crawlspace but at least in my scenario, my wife was more selective.

Maybe I should say my wife chose the house, maybe I should say I put the bitch I her place and forced her to accept this home. Or maybe I could do the reasonable thing and say we compromised and she got the bathroom that was her priority item. But nope, gotta have some sexist D&D poster come in here to provide a full detailed analysis of every nook and cranny of a bathroom that doesn't even exist yet to provide the expert female opinion.

This is we can't have nice things, people can't just accept sometimes people want poo poo that is different. It's like asking about car buying and AI and trying to avoid the Miata bandwagon. Who cares if it is not your perfect self cleaning dream bathroom, the rocks will ha e a look beamblaster likes and we might get another epic thread when he realizes they grow mold, or we might be wrong.

Nice meltdown.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FoldableHuman posted:

I asked Uncle Google about it and there's some off-site archives/reconstructions so you can at least get a sense of the scale

Can you link them, I want to read the original posts and nobody was smart enough to quote him :smith:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
OP please come back, I have suggestions!

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Slugworth posted:

Those are the people that dropped out of engineering school after the first semester of calculus and transferred into business school. They still like to think they know how engineering works and they are good at repeating buzzwords like "synergy".

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

OP please come back, I have suggestions!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Slugworth posted:

They're sales people that have the skills to bullshit both managers and engineers.

The other possibility in the broader category of "sales engineer" is usually called a "field applications engineer". These are actual engineers that have the job of either teaching the customer's engineers the realities of the bullshit their managers just bought or designing example systems, etc. A lot of tech companies call them "product evangelists" these days because their main duties are teaching other engineers/running workshops/etc.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

hobbesmaster posted:

They're sales people that have the skills to bullshit both managers and engineers.

The other possibility in the broader category of "sales engineer" is usually called a "field applications engineer". These are actual engineers that have the job of either teaching the customer's engineers the realities of the bullshit their managers just bought or designing example systems, etc. A lot of tech companies call them "product evangelists" these days because their main duties are teaching other engineers/running workshops/etc.

Sounds like a PPM without any actual skills, perhaps analogous to "Financial Advisors" who don't want you to know that they're just feature sales people with GEDs and a weekend of product training.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

hobbesmaster posted:

My brother was a sales engineer for a while. Full mechanical engineering degree from Georgia Tech. He worked with a supplier for flexible couplings, and his job was taking requirements from clients and finding / designing the parts they needed.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

My brother was a sales engineer for a while. Full mechanical engineering degree from Georgia Tech. He worked with a supplier for flexible couplings, and his job was taking requirements from clients and finding / designing the parts they needed.

That's usually called an FAE. At least in electronics.

Shadownerd
Aug 2, 2007
Fabricati Diem, Pvnc.
The FYAD thread on the zip line was better anyway, and they quoted a bunch of the posts and pictures.

Also I can't believe no one has mentioned the basement death pool that I'm pretty sure was also in DIY.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Shadownerd posted:

Also I can't believe no one has mentioned the basement death pool that I'm pretty sure was also in DIY.

another classic

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

evilweasel posted:

Can you link them, I want to read the original posts and nobody was smart enough to quote him :smith:

Here's the one I found that was most complete, trying to reconstruct/summarize the zipline thread after the OP started deleting posts.

http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85204

For those curious about the basement pool

Original thread (archives) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3346097

Shadownerd
Aug 2, 2007
Fabricati Diem, Pvnc.
I'm sad that the picture with all the skull and crossbones that someone added to the picture over all the (many) possible electrocution dangers is lost to the ages. Though you can still clearly see the dangling light fixture and the breaker box in the background.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

FoldableHuman posted:

Here's the one I found that was most complete, trying to reconstruct/summarize the zipline thread after the OP started deleting posts.

the R.I.Pline was my favorite thread. :3:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

FoldableHuman posted:

For those curious about the basement pool

Original thread (archives) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3346097

So uh... how are you going to get that fucker drained?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Vargatron posted:

A really big wet/dry vac

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bEatmstrJ posted:

I may not use my tub much, but I also don't remodel things as a bachelor. My closet was designed with a woman in mind, despite not being married. Likewise, my bathroom is designed with a woman in mind.

Hell yeah! I'm single, but bought my shower head with a woman in mind. :respek:

Totally works dude. They love the extra stimulation during shower sexytime.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Vargatron posted:

I'm sure there was a floor drain somewhere down there that the coroner's office was able to use.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
OP here's my bathroom, can I get a swoon factor evaluation?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is that looking out from the shower?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Door to the bathroom, shower on the right

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cru Jones posted:

OP here's my bathroom, can I get a swoon factor evaluation?

Really not a fan of the wood or the colouring on it, looks really dated like it's from someone's 1995 home office/library reno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

You've exposed my builder grade shame!

• Locked thread