Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just want a scene between now and the end of the season where Julian realizes that it was Barry in his head the whole time and just gets REALLY annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mooseontheloose posted:

5) Run tests on hit and run on 5th

Oh yeah, does Barry still work for the police department?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh yeah, does Barry still work for the police department?

He hangs out there, just so he can run into Joe and get him into the plot.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Barry probably just made a time remnant to do all his work for him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ojjeorago posted:

Barry probably just made a time remnant to do all his work for him.

I was tried of being called Bitch Barry and shaving your neck!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Trust me, I've weighed the implications of a super fast Barry against the idiot we have now. Super fast and using his powers like he has two brain cells to rub together is definitely better.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I just wish they'd pin down how time travel works cause they obviously have no loving clue.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Now I want a crossover episode where Barry's powers are temporarily transferred to Oliver somehow, to see how much better Oliver does at being the flash.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Somebody remembers the Adam Warlock comics from the 70's.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

I just wish they'd pin down how time travel works cause they obviously have no loving clue.

Speed. Force.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They could at least have black flash constantly follow every iteration of Barry. Poor Thawne just wanted to be a cool rich guy speedster and not destroy the fabric of space time when something didn't go his way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

They could at least have black flash constantly follow every iteration of Barry. Poor Thawne just wanted to be a cool rich guy speedster and not destroy the fabric of space time when something didn't go his way.

He was also a huge rear end in a top hat and voted for Donald Trump. Thawne got what was coming to him :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Aw crap. This is the Barry who disintegrated facing off against Zoom. That's why the Speed Force was going "you loving moron stop sacrificing yourself you're ruining everything."

Also of note is when Not Barry told Caitlyn she hadn't killed anyone yet. He's right—so far the only major crime she's guilty of is tossing Barry around and holding a woman at icicle point. I really really want it to turn out she finally steps back from the ledge and realizes she's in control of her own powers before something really awful happens, but given how dumb the show is this season, they're just going to magic up a cure that literally the smartest biologist in the world couldn't figure out and inject her with it.

I like this show but god drat they make it hard to sometimes. :ughh:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Welp, Barry Allen was always history's greatest villain anyway, so might as well make it official :v: Holy paradoxes, Batman.

I thought--implications of the reveal aside--this was a good episode. The Keyser Soze moment didn't quite have the punch it should've, but meh. They've actually set this up fairly competently and it's amusing that the "original speedster" line did end up being the most pertinent clue.

As for the reveal, it could be worse. And it could've been set up less competently. It's not Arrow Season 5 level of setting things up, but it's ok. And unlike last season, we still had some mystery about it. Not Season 1 level, but still better than last.

-Barry actually did something cool with his powers snapping his fingers to light the butane torch.
-I finally feel like I can say that Cisco looks pretty badass as Vibe.

Why are people so sure this is a time remnant? It's simpler that it's just Barry from the future.

Also, let's now remember that thing from the crossover where a future Barry left a message not to trust him.

Mortanis posted:

I'm okay with the reveal, but literally doing the whole "I am the future Flash" and pinning all of the reveal on a missing comma is just the most cringe-worthy, head-slapping poo poo ever. That was dumb

I don't know how you get to the reveal is all pinned on that line of dialogue. It's not. Savitar was still going to be Barry whether that line of dialogue existed or not. It was just a line of dialogue then, and it's just a line of dialogue in this episode. I think once you think about it that way, it is actually clever and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I don't think there was any expectation of anyone trying to figure it out by that line, but it's a cool thing you can look back to. Barry himself does think of the line during his Keyser Soze moment, but it's the end of a whole bunch of other clues he thinks about.

I don't really feel like going back to check, but I wonder if anyone thought of that after that episode aired.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

quote:

I don't really feel like going back to check, but I wonder if anyone thought of that after that episode aired.
Literally everyone

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Iris will just make savitar feel love again and they will kiss and hug and have a million babies

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bozart posted:

Iris will just make savitar feel love again and they will kiss and hug and have a million babies time remnants

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Longbaugh01 posted:

A lot of posters called it with the addendum that it was too stupid to actually be it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just remember... if Trapping Savitar in the Speed Force makes him crazy Savitar, and Barry doesn't trap him until he's Savitar In that mean looking suit, then why'd he make his suit look so mean? Or get trapped in the Speed Force?

Oh never mind...

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

[Overthinking CW show]

So this is the Savitar that escaped from an eternity in Barry's Speedforce prison hell thing (I'll take No-Lunch supermax over that fate any loving day) then eventually Barry will also eventually have to deal with the original Savitar who hasn't yet been hell-prisoned.
And then eventually he goes insane* and becomes Savitar and travels back in time to gently caress with Barry, gets imprisoned, breaks out, kills Iris, and gets dealt with again.

Savitar has already proven he has a pretty good recollection of exactly what happened while he was the Flash, so how did he not avoid being captured the first time?
Where are the Time Wraiths?
Where is the Black Flash?
Where were the Timemasters? (gently caress my head hurts)
Where are the Goddamn Legends of Tomorrow!?!
[/Overthinking CW show]

*Obviously at some point the Speed Force clues Barry into the fact that his life sucks because he's a character in a CW show.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Maybe another remnant is created, runs real fast, and disintegrates into the speed force. He says he's "trapped" and goes insane, then becomes Savitar and creates/forges most of the alchemist's stone. Then he sees a ripple in time or whatever from flashpoint, uses that to latch onto Julian, an anomaly, and tunnels into his head.

At that point he is eventually freed when Wally throws the last part in.

Of course, the trapped in 2021 thing still has to make it in.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Why are people so sure this is a time remnant? It's simpler that it's just Barry from the future.

Unless i misremember the mechanic a time remnant is just Barry from the future.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No you're right it's a paradox cause he has to make and trap himself in a loop that never ends. But who cares cause the writers don't give a poo poo and its dumb even when using speed force as an excuse.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Not to mention how it being Barry just raises even more loving questions about the stupid stone and box.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Julian is going to be crazy pissed once it's been revealed that Savitar is Barry, given how Savitar mind-hosed him into servitude.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I'm hoping that it's not a Time Remnant or any such bullshit. It's just a further future Barry than Emo Barry.

That in his original time-line, Iris is killed and he has no idea who Savitar is. He tries to figure out where Savitar comes from, hunting the timelines up and down for years, until he figures out on his own that he becomes Savitar. And by now he's diverged so far form Barry that not killing Iris is tantamount to suicide. Because the person Barry would be without the death isn't him at all and he wants to live. So he has to go back and kill her or be erased from existence. Instead though it'll probably be some lovely other excuse.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

That actually sounds like a really cool time-travel story, in my opinion.

In the Flash, it'll just be a time remnant that Barry creates in the near future to fight Savitar, and something happens during the fight that gets it stuck in the speed force for a hundred years, and now he's super crazy and mad at stuff. That's basically how they resolved last season too. Who is Zoom and why is he after Barry? Oh, he's just a nutjob, I guess.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hughlander posted:

I'm hoping that it's not a Time Remnant or any such bullshit. It's just a further future Barry than Emo Barry.

That in his original time-line, Iris is killed and he has no idea who Savitar is. He tries to figure out where Savitar comes from, hunting the timelines up and down for years, until he figures out on his own that he becomes Savitar. And by now he's diverged so far form Barry that not killing Iris is tantamount to suicide. Because the person Barry would be without the death isn't him at all and he wants to live. So he has to go back and kill her or be erased from existence. Instead though it'll probably be some lovely other excuse.

I'd give this higher odds if we hadn't just blown our "future emo Barry" wad on the last episode...

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012
The 'great' thing about Barry being Savitar is that if/when Barry beats him, Barry also gets to buttfuck time again since Savitar would never have existed to fight him, met Julian, made Wally a speedster, etc.

How are the odds in the stupid CW show betting pool on Barry needing to go back to his house on the night of his mom's death again to 'fix' things, and on whether or not Barry's still banging his adoptive sister by episode one of the next season?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Flash season 10 has a line of Barry's waiting in line outside his his childhood house.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Medullah posted:

Flash season 10 has a line of Barry's waiting in line outside his his childhood house.

Now serving #26:

"Yes how can I help you?"

"I created a future of infinite Zooms so I need to prevent RF #6 from killing my mother 2 minutes early and then help RF #2 re-kill her at the proper time and then get back to his own timeline where he is a member of Congress so he can vote on time travel legislation"

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
They went full Spiderman 3 with Savitar. Not sure I like it exactly.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

teamcharlie posted:

The 'great' thing about Barry being Savitar is that if/when Barry beats him, Barry also gets to buttfuck time again since Savitar would never have existed to fight him, met Julian, made Wally a speedster, etc.

How are the odds in the stupid CW show betting pool on Barry needing to go back to his house on the night of his mom's death again to 'fix' things, and on whether or not Barry's still banging his adoptive sister by episode one of the next season?

I was trying to figure out how they were going to get rid of Julian and now I think I know; new flashpoint will get rid of him like last flashpoint turned diggles girl into a boy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy A. Person posted:

Now serving #26:

"Yes how can I help you?"

"I created a future of infinite Zooms so I need to prevent RF #6 from killing my mother 2 minutes early and then help RF #2 re-kill her at the proper time and then get back to his own timeline where he is a member of Congress so he can vote on time travel legislation"

"Again? please try to write our instructions down this time, sir, it'll save you time in the future-past"

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The final episode of The Flash will just be the Legends of Tomorrow finally stepping in to solve the single worst source of time anomalies ever*, by interrupting Barry's parents just before the moment of his conception.

*and considering how season 2 of LoT ended, that's saying something.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

The final episode of The Flash will just be the Legends of Tomorrow finally stepping in to solve the single worst source of time anomalies ever*, by interrupting Barry's parents just before the moment of his conception.

*and considering how season 2 of LoT ended, that's saying something.

Sounds like a job for Sara Lance: Time Lesbian

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bobby Digital posted:

Sounds like a job for Sara Lance: Time Lesbian

Yes, but at what cost? Is it morally right to cockblock John Wesley Shipp? Has science gone too far?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
im still having trouble believing that this barry allen will ever be smart enough to create gideon in the future

also i like to imagine that the savitar armor's bulkiness makes him slower but somehow protects him from the speed force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
Barry will be like: "what if new scientist lady traps me in the speedforce for eternity, so I won't be able to kill Iris."
Then he gets tortured for aeons by timewraiths grinding his face into the speedforce treadmill.
Eventually he will be like "gently caress this I'm getting out of here... how did Savitar do that again?"

• Locked thread