Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It would be really weird to get them 4 days before release, but I guess anything is possible. Where did you order them from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
A distributor friend from M:TG. As of last night he said he still fully expects to have his product by then. :shrug:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That makes sense. I thought a store was shipping earlier. He should have it Monday, as thats when we are getting ours from our distributor.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Has anyone played with a Force Speed Rey list?
Can't wait to get nothing done
but faster!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

bowmore posted:

Can't wait to get nothing done
but faster!

Nothing sure seems to win a lot of games.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Flgs said that the stock for the fourth will be light, but by the end of the month he will have a ton.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

So, I haven't had any time to play, does anyone here have interest in buying an instant-play just add-water collection of Awakenings?

:siren: Deviant's Stuff :siren:

It's the contents of 3 boxes + misc packs, 2 of each starter deck, curated by trades. I don't have any interest in parting it out, that's way too much work.

Thought I'd give you guys a crack at it before eBay.

PM me I guess or post here? Pics of all the dice and stuff on request, they're sitting in my icloud.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/1/galactic-law-section-2278a/

Hyperloop is errated out. Hyperspace Jump is now set aside after use, instead of added to the discard pile.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Also errata to the Smuggler to prevent the infinite resources loop; you only get the resource once per round.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Thank god they stopped a deck that noone ever played

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Deviant posted:

So, I haven't had any time to play, does anyone here have interest in buying an instant-play just add-water collection of Awakenings?

It's the contents of 3 boxes + misc packs, 2 of each starter deck, curated by trades. I don't have any interest in parting it out, that's way too much work.

PM me I guess or post here? Pics of all the dice and stuff on request, they're sitting in my icloud.

You'd have to let me know what you want for it, but I may be interested. I sold my stuff months ago but am getting SoR and would like some Awakenings stuff to play with it. I was just gonna buy the singles for a deck I wanted to play, but let me know and maybe i'll pick it up.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Considering SoR gave hyperloop a win condition it's good that they're being proactive.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Deviant posted:

yeah I might also be interested depending on what you're asking

although I, too, may just go the singles route in the end

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Considering SoR gave hyperloop a win condition it's good that they're being proactive.

Right. Literally once you get the Hyperloop pieces on the board and Planetary Uprising out, you claim the battlefield continuously and your opponent never gets another turn

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Hauki posted:

yeah I might also be interested depending on what you're asking

although I, too, may just go the singles route in the end

Well, Miniature Market is offering me $400 for the singles they want, so let's start there and go up. 450 shipped? Showtime has dibs though currently.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

canyoneer posted:

Right. Literally once you get the Hyperloop pieces on the board and Planetary Uprising out, you claim the battlefield continuously and your opponent never gets another turn
Not entirely that simple, hyperloop can be interrupted by dice removal

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Really liking elite SoR Vader + elite Kylo. Combos of Emperor's Throne Room/Nowhere to Run/New Orders/Command Shuttle/No Mercy + Force Speed let you pull out a lot of damage unexpectedly. Gameplan is basically shield Vader and upgrade Kylo to split the threat. Force Lightning is also great, but hard to pay for in this deck.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Deviant posted:

Well, Miniature Market is offering me $400 for the singles they want, so let's start there and go up. 450 shipped? Showtime has dibs though currently.

Showtime passed. Hauki?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Deviant posted:

Showtime passed. Hauki?

Yeah, I think I'll pass as well.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Hauki posted:

Yeah, I think I'll pass as well.

Well what are either of you looking to spend? I can get 400 from Miniature Market for the lot just for the singles they have on their buy list.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Got my three booster boxes tonight! Cracked the first box and got Krennic, Chewbacca, Riot Baton, Force Speed, Baze Malbus and Force Lightning.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I swear there is at least 1 force speed in every box

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Deviant posted:

Well what are either of you looking to spend? I can get 400 from Miniature Market for the lot just for the singles they have on their buy list.

Yeah, fair enough. I think I'd be better served just buying the singles I want at the moment though.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
My issue is just that I want Thermal Detonators and One With the Force, as the two decks I plan on playing are Ben Kenobi and some version of Poe/Maz. I think i'd rather just wait until June with the Awakenings reprint and buy 4 boxes, since I can get them for $360 from my store. Until then i'll probably just play with what i'm getting from SoR and trade around locally for the one deck I want to play.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
Two tournaments this weekend. I'm expecting a 20+ player turnout Saturday and probably half that for Sunday. I'm going to be running this as my first "SoR" deck:

What do you guys think? Any advice would be cool.

Fake Edit: I'm also looking at adding "We Have Them Now" to the deck, but I'm not sure what to remove to make the deck space for it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I doubt your deck will move fast enough to get to use that card in most games

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

canyoneer posted:

I doubt your deck will move fast enough to get to use that card in most games

Yeah that was my only concern too. I'll run my deck as-is without it this weekend.

Besides that, does the rest of the deck look alright? (Enough removal?)

Thanks man

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShowTime posted:

My issue is just that I want Thermal Detonators and One With the Force, as the two decks I plan on playing are Ben Kenobi and some version of Poe/Maz. I think i'd rather just wait until June with the Awakenings reprint and buy 4 boxes, since I can get them for $360 from my store. Until then i'll probably just play with what i'm getting from SoR and trade around locally for the one deck I want to play.
Show me a Ben Kenobi build

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
No clue. I just know that I want to play him. I generally just find characters I like to play and build around them. I'm in a super casual meta, so I don't need cut throat tier 1 decks to play.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

So, I sold my stuff, but if someone PMs me a new OP i'll update.

Now to sell my sealed SoR boxes. :D

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

ShowTime posted:

No clue. I just know that I want to play him. I generally just find characters I like to play and build around them. I'm in a super casual meta, so I don't need cut throat tier 1 decks to play.

Maybe something like this?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

found a place that claimed to actually still have sor boxes in stock, so we'll see if they ship or not I guess

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Do people sleeve all their cards, or just the ones in their deck? Started sleeving all my cards, but now it's starting to add up in how much space they need. But resleeving all the time also seems like a hassle.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

uncle blog posted:

Do people sleeve all their cards, or just the ones in their deck? Started sleeving all my cards, but now it's starting to add up in how much space they need. But resleeving all the time also seems like a hassle.

I sleeve anything I'm playing with, I don't tend to unsleeve as I swap cards unless I run out abruptly, usually I just end up buying more :shrug:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

uncle blog posted:

You can get 600 ultra pro sleeves for $27 on Amazon. That's what I use. Resleeving sucks.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Flgs did actually get quite a bit in the end I guess, so I managed to snag a box there. Apparently they've got a tournament tonight as well, but I don't have a deck to play yet heh.

Got palpatine, ig88, u-wing, blackmail, quad jumper, z6 riot control baton as far as legendaries. I wanna try both of the characters, but I'm not sure I have the cards to support either of them. I did get a bunch of other characters I was interested in too, just gotta figure out what I need from awakenings I guess.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 4, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Grabbed six packs, for a Krennic for legendary, and also a Jyn. That was pretty nice.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Whats the best place for buying singles? I need another Jyn for my Jyn/Ackbar control deck.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

How do you guys store your dice, both for a deck and just general collection? What about cards? I've just got a pile in set order right now, but that's a little cumbersome for deckbuilding.

Also I have no idea what I want to build deck-wise now, I've got 13 new characters, but like none of the supports, upgrades or events that seem like they'd work with them. I don't even have enough of a focus at this point to buy singles to round something out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

I was a scrub and didn't pre-order anything locally, but lucked out and was able to pick up two boxes today.

Between those and my stuff from all the pre-release events I went to (and trades!), I'm shy 9 Legendaries and about 38 cards overall from a SoR playset. My buddy and I also have 4 boxes to split whenever they come in the mail, so I'm confident I'll be done ASAP.

Hauki posted:

How do you guys store your dice, both for a deck and just general collection? What about cards? I've just got a pile in set order right now, but that's a little cumbersome for deckbuilding.

I use this thing to hold all of my dice. There's 12 inserts, and each insert holds 35? dice. I got all of Awakenings into 3 and a half inserts, and SoR is probably going to be the same. So, it looks like it'll hold a playset of Awakenings, Spirit of Rebellion and Empire At War. It rocks. At the last event I was at, someone was looking at it and accidentally dropped it. All the inserts spilled out of the case, but none of the inserts opened - super sturdy.

I need another deck to go with my Villain guns deck. I've seen hero mill do some cool stuff on the TTS videos I've watched, and after I built that Padme/ObiWan deck I've been continuing to tool around with the idea. What do you guys think? It's probably trying to do too much, forcing in the Second Chance+Ammo Belt combo and 3P0+Snap and Patience+Return of the Jedi. I'll bring it this weekend and play a couple of friendly games after the tournament and see if it even functions like I want. I'm sorely missing Defensive Position and Dug In. :(