Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Okay. Not sure I can beat Shadow ---Sae---. Their move at low health hits Joker for 600hp while guarded. He only has 400 hp. Everyone else can withstand the attack except for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Okay. Not sure I can beat Shadow ---Sae---. Their move at low health hits Joker for 600hp while guarded. He only has 400 hp. Everyone else can withstand the attack except for him.

Have Makoto Rakukaja him as well, that might do the trick. And if not, just pour the damage on and kill them before they can get the attack off.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

a persona with enduring soul could also work

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 4, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Doesn't Futaba also protect from that sort of thing?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

Doesn't Futaba also protect from that sort of thing?

yes, but it's her rank 10

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/expuella/status/859944924548091904

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Doing a Merciless NG, not *quite* done with the game but I'm almost there and the unique challenge is gone. Palace 1 was the hardest where I ran and manipulated my alert level from the library onward. Bosses generally have patterns you can exploit that you don't have to on easier difficulties. Min day'ed all the treasures, and the only do grind was to level 16 for palace 2. I may have been able to go back and do that proper now as well at a lower level.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Completing the Compendium with all the high level fusions is gonna be a pain.

On the upside, on the final track towards the boss. Everyone's gearing up to get their final skill in a few levels too (everyone's around 71). Concentrate Blazing Hell and Charge God Hand will soon be a thing!

Part of me wants to take Morgana to the end, just because it'd be symbolic.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Have Makoto Rakukaja him as well, that might do the trick. And if not, just pour the damage on and kill them before they can get the attack off.

Yeah. That worked. Plus Futaba upped our defense right then too.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
OK, how the gently caress do I get the skill Lachesis needs for the Strength request? I haven't even seen a single persona with it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Rogue 7 posted:

OK, how the gently caress do I get the skill Lachesis needs for the Strength request? I haven't even seen a single persona with it.

gamefaqs posted:

1) Lamia + Sandman makes Principality
2) Lamia + Principality makes Ame-no-Uzume with Tetraja
3) Ame-no-Uzume + Isis makes Lachesis
Principality has Tetraja to start
Can also sacrifice Principality to make Tetraja skill card

pretty sure that's the recipe I used.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mordiceius posted:

Buff Joker as already mentioned but debuff Leviathan as well, to reduce the damage further. One, or the other, basically negates the offensive boost gained by Desperation. Both pushes it to sensibly reduced levels.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 4, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Should I
a) Do Palace 4 first so Ann levels up to get Tentarafoo before I do my 7 requests, or
b) Do the 7 requests first so I can get Miishima rank 5 going into Palace 4?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Alacron posted:

pretty sure that's the recipe I used.

Cheers, thanks.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Questions about postgame powerleveling

If I've initiated the final dungeon, do I lose access to fighting the Reaper and thus what is apparently the real good powerleveling fight and now have to grind up to Lucifer the hard way? I just googled P5 leveling and I had totally forgotten the Reaper was even in the game

DalaranJ posted:

Should I
a) Do Palace 4 first so Ann levels up to get Tentarafoo before I do my 7 requests, or

Do the palace first, requests give you so much EXP that you might get more EXP from seven straight requests than the Palace itself. The optimal situation would be if you could do some of the requests to hit Tentarafoo, then exploit the bosses, then go to the palace, but if you won't reach it before killing all the minibosses then palace.

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 4, 2017

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Can I just say how much of a pain in the rear end Ryuji's instant kill ability is? I want to grind money and exp, but since it's tough to gauge how weak a blue shadow is I wind up with "cannot carry anymore masks" half the time. Other times I'm trying to approach them from the front/sides so I can go for a regular battle, but because shadows are loving blind at low awareness I wind up getting an ambush and an instant kill as often as not.

They could have at least made it a toggle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you're insta killing them you wouldn't get any money and exp from them

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alacron posted:

Can I just say how much of a pain in the rear end Ryuji's instant kill ability is? I want to grind money and exp, but since it's tough to gauge how weak a blue shadow is I wind up with "cannot carry anymore masks" half the time. Other times I'm trying to approach them from the front/sides so I can go for a regular battle, but because shadows are loving blind at low awareness I wind up getting an ambush and an instant kill as often as not.

They could have at least made it a toggle.

You won't be getting any money or exp from the shadows you kill with that anyway, even with confusion strats. I don't know exactly how big the level difference is supposed to be, I always thought it was 10 levels but i've heard others say it varies depending on the Shadow like from 7-10, but either way you'll be getting a pittance from those dudes if you did get into a fight.

I guess it could be an issue if you're grinding materials for whatever reason, or overlevelled yourself early.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The pittance of EXP and money you would have gotten instead would actually be a net loss compared to the HP, SP, and most importantly, time spent in the battle.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you're going to Mementos, fusing down to a bunch of open slots and then collecting those masks to fuse and power up your other personae is probably the most you'd get out of weak enemies

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Coughing Hobo posted:

The pittance of EXP and money you would have gotten instead would actually be a net loss compared to the HP, SP, and most importantly, time spent in the battle.

Yeah, the 300 EXP I get from the instakilled enemies is way less than the 400 I get from the ones who are "on my level". SP is barely an issue when my whole team is decked out with SP Adhesives, and HP even less so. As far as wasting time, if I wanted to get through quickly I'd just avoid shadows entirely, it's not particularly hard to just sneak past. If I initiated a fight, it's because I wanted a fight not another persona that I can't hold.

It is a silly pet peeve of mine, but it bugs me in the same way that the Show Me The Money ability bugs me, the game giving you an "upgrade" that I don't need or want.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You should not be getting that low exp from par enemies.

As the game is balanced around lower levels giving you a fraction of what par enemies do.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I don't think the results screen accurately reports your experience gains if any scaling is involved, so you're probably getting far less than 300 exp.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't think the results screen accurately reports your experience gains if any scaling is involved, so you're probably getting far less than 300 exp.

Seriously? I did not know that. :downs:

Even then, I still want the money and items cuz I'm a greedy SOB.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah you get like 25% of the exp you see on the results screen if they're weak enough to instakill. You can test this by checking your exp, then getting their attention and fighting them normally, then comparing. Instakill only works on ambushes and no other form of engagement.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I was praising Jesus for instakill in the seventh palace

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
Finished my platinum trophy at 160 hours. I enjoyed P5 a lot, and I'll probably buy some of the inevitable spinoffs because the cast is pretty lovable.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
So, I'm burning through this game, and I'm near the end. I've got all the slinks maxed and I know I don't have quite enough time to get all the cheevos, so I'm trying to figure out spare time. Turns out, you can shove your party members into the confessional booth at the church to respec their learned skills. It makes time pass, but it looks like you can do this any time of day. It's pretty great cause I'd overwritten Ann's Tentarafoo and reading this thread filled me with regrets.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is it only minibosses in Mementos that can be confused or can I do that trick on dungeon minibosses too?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Is it only minibosses in Mementos that can be confused or can I do that trick on dungeon minibosses too?

Some, like the bird miniboss in the start of palace 4. That's the only one I can name off the top of my head, though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Should I

Ann isn't going to be much use for Tentarafoo money farming compared to a custom built Joker persona so I wouldn't plan anything around her at any point.

Unless it's planning your entire persona 5 digital adult life around her as your wife because that's fine and cool

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Questions about postgame powerleveling

If I've initiated the final dungeon, do I lose access to fighting the Reaper and thus what is apparently the real good powerleveling fight and now have to grind up to Lucifer the hard way? I just googled P5 leveling and I had totally forgotten the Reaper was even in the game

Do the palace first, requests give you so much EXP that you might get more EXP from seven straight requests than the Palace itself. The optimal situation would be if you could do some of the requests to hit Tentarafoo, then exploit the bosses, then go to the palace, but if you won't reach it before killing all the minibosses then palace.

Leveling question: In the final dungeon you will reach a point where you have a save point with a velvet room entrance before you go up to fight 3 angels and then Michael, you can grind here infinitely. The enemies give extremely high XP, and Lavenza will refill your HP/SP and bullets if you talk to her so you can literally stay and powerlevel yourself as high as you like here pretty much.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ann isn't going to be much use for Tentarafoo money farming compared to a custom built Joker persona so I wouldn't plan anything around her at any point.

Unless it's planning your entire persona 5 digital adult life around her as your wife because that's fine and cool

I'm just being lazy. I haven't found any persona with confuse yet. Do I need a high luck stat to maximize results?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

I'm just being lazy. I haven't found any persona with confuse yet. Do I need a high luck stat to maximize results?

You do, but I don't believe there's much point in actually maxing it out as it's a lot of effort. People recommend the 40 region.

There are guides out there for making a Sandman who is superb at the confusion trick, if you want to do it the easy way.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 4, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Fuse Onmoraki. It learns Pulinpa and Confuse Boost. Then just fuse that into something with higher Luck and inherit both skills.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I recommend fusing that Onmoraki with a Flauros to make Shiki-Ouji, which nulls Phys and Gun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/04/persona-5-a-special-thank-you-from-atlus-to-the-fans/

Hashino gives a message after the first month of P5's international release. Don't read the first comment.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What are the repeatable kindness boosting actions? I can only think of working at the flower shop.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Waffleman_ posted:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/04/persona-5-a-special-thank-you-from-atlus-to-the-fans/

Hashino gives a message after the first month of P5's international release. Don't read the first comment.

I love how it's this heartfelt message, and the first comment is "I think your game is dumb".

Never change internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

What are the repeatable kindness boosting actions? I can only think of working at the flower shop.

Fertilizing your houseplant.