Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
man i'm getting a lot of targeted ads on facebook from GetUp about Ross Vasta lately. Would have been nice to have had this add blitz when I was, you know, trying to take his seat in parliament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

thatbastardken posted:

man i'm getting a lot of targeted ads on facebook from GetUp about Ross Vasta lately. Would have been nice to have had this add blitz when I was, you know, trying to take his seat in parliament.

Tee hee member for boner.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/TonyAbbottMHR/status/859976862948245504

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Is there anything the libs can do without Tones coming in and wrecking up the joint?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hooman posted:

Is there anything the libs can do without Tones coming in and wrecking up the joint?

No.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

hooman posted:

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Abbott is the kinda guy that wrecks his way upwards.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hooman posted:

Tee hee member for boner.

I voted in boner.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
based Tones?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Vote for the Labor person. I think she's supposed to be okay.

The legislative council here is very conservative. The current member for rumney, Tony Mulder, recently came out with some victim blaming poo poo in regards to domestic violence

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

put both hands in posted:

Vote for the Labor person. I think she's supposed to be okay.

The legislative council here is very conservative. The current member for rumney, Tony Mulder, recently came out with some victim blaming poo poo in regards to domestic violence

Thanks

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
A single bison dollar will be worth ten British pounds

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/59098389e4b0e71e17f5940c

quote:

The second basis for the application revealed by the material put before the Court by the petitioner was that the manner of the applicant’s arrest was unlawful. The petitioner presented a witness statement by a person described as “Izabella-marie, a living soul (woman) of majority in age”. She stated that the applicant answered a knock on the door one morning. She heard him calling for help and went to the front patio where she saw “two casually dressed strangers assaulting Adrian” (they were later identified to be police officers). The applicant asked her to call the petitioner in his capacity as “Occupant of the Office of Special Executor for the Cooper, Adrian Ashley, Estate”, which she did

It gets better

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Anidav posted:

A single bison dollar will be worth ten British pounds

Is that whole or separated British pounds?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
http://www.smh.com.au/business/energy/governments-created-gas-crisis-says-santos-20170504-gvyoq8.html

Governments created gas crisis says Santos

Oil and gas producer Santos says governments are to blame for east coast gas supply problems.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull recently announced measures allowing the federal government to restrict the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to protect domestic supply.

Santos chief executive Kevin Gallagher says a reliable and affordable domestic gas supply is essential for households and businesses, but a successful LNG export industry is also important.

"The current domestic supply issue is not the fault of the LNG projects at Gladstone," Mr Gallagher told shareholders at Santos's annual general meeting in Adelaide.

"It is the result of a complete failure of regulation in the wholesale gas market and actions by state and territory governments to ban or restrict exploration and production."

If Santos gets the go ahead for its Narrabri gas project in north west NSW, among others, there will be no talk of a gas shortage on the east coast, Mr Gallagher said.

Chairman Peter Coates said there is no shortage of gas, but a shortage of uniform government policy and support for the orderly development of supplies.

The export market had underpinned the development of Queensland LNG projects, and without them the gas would still be in the ground and unavailable to the domestic market, Mr Coates said.

He was re-elected as a director at the meeting, and told shareholders he intends to step down as chairman in the coming months.

Meanwhile, Chinese private equity firm Hony Capital and its associates, which include Chinese gas distributor ENN Group, has increased its stake in Santos to 15 per cent by snapping up another 48 million shares.

The shares - equal to 2.3 per cent of its issued capital - were purchased at $3.84 each, a six per cent premium to the stock's market value on Wednesday.

Santos shares were up one cent at $3.64 at the close of trading.

Hony Capital has about $US10 billion of assets under management, according to its website, with investments around the world in sectors including machinery and equipment, pharmaceutical, healthcare and financial services.

The firm claims to be an expert in restructuring state-owned enterprises.

Santos made a $500 million private placement to Hony in November 2015 as part of $3.5 billion in capital raising initiatives.

Hony Capital chairman John Zhao said at the time his group had invested in Santos "because of its strategic position in Australia and synergies with the rapidly growing China energy market".

AAP

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Sludge Tank posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/energy/governments-created-gas-crisis-says-santos-20170504-gvyoq8.html

Governments created gas crisis says Santos

Oil and gas producer Santos says governments are to blame for east coast gas supply problems.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull recently announced measures allowing the federal government to restrict the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to protect domestic supply.

Santos chief executive Kevin Gallagher says a reliable and affordable domestic gas supply is essential for households and businesses, but a successful LNG export industry is also important.

"The current domestic supply issue is not the fault of the LNG projects at Gladstone," Mr Gallagher told shareholders at Santos's annual general meeting in Adelaide.

"It is the result of a complete failure of regulation in the wholesale gas market and actions by state and territory governments to ban or restrict exploration and production."

If Santos gets the go ahead for its Narrabri gas project in north west NSW, among others, there will be no talk of a gas shortage on the east coast, Mr Gallagher said.

Chairman Peter Coates said there is no shortage of gas, but a shortage of uniform government policy and support for the orderly development of supplies.

The export market had underpinned the development of Queensland LNG projects, and without them the gas would still be in the ground and unavailable to the domestic market, Mr Coates said.

He was re-elected as a director at the meeting, and told shareholders he intends to step down as chairman in the coming months.

Meanwhile, Chinese private equity firm Hony Capital and its associates, which include Chinese gas distributor ENN Group, has increased its stake in Santos to 15 per cent by snapping up another 48 million shares.

The shares - equal to 2.3 per cent of its issued capital - were purchased at $3.84 each, a six per cent premium to the stock's market value on Wednesday.

Santos shares were up one cent at $3.64 at the close of trading.

Hony Capital has about $US10 billion of assets under management, according to its website, with investments around the world in sectors including machinery and equipment, pharmaceutical, healthcare and financial services.

The firm claims to be an expert in restructuring state-owned enterprises.

Santos made a $500 million private placement to Hony in November 2015 as part of $3.5 billion in capital raising initiatives.

Hony Capital chairman John Zhao said at the time his group had invested in Santos "because of its strategic position in Australia and synergies with the rapidly growing China energy market".

AAP

Horny Capital

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

JBP posted:

It's a gentrified area but the parking meters thing is bullshit because it basically damages all of the OG residents with small businesses in Yarraville to try and grift the bougies. The most hard nosed violent reprisals are unsurprisingly coming from people that have always lived in the area and solve community issues with proudly local Fisher cricket bats or pure bred Macedonian muscle.

Fisher is closing down soon, or maybe he has already. A Fisher was my first decent cricket bat

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

The Duke of Edinburgh is retiring from royal duties this autumn, Buckingham Palace has announced.
The decision was made by Prince Philip himself and is supported by the Queen, a palace spokesman said.
Prince Philip turns 96 next month.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39802636

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Do you reckon it's cos he took a turn that wasn't as severe as initially thought, or because the meeting kerfuffle made him realise everyone is betting on him carking it?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Drat.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

G-Spot Run posted:

Do you reckon it's cos he took a turn that wasn't as severe as initially thought, or because the meeting kerfuffle made him realise everyone is betting on him carking it?

Practice, and the fun of panic. Regime change must be planned for.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He's resigning to spend less time with his family.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

Practice, and the fun of panic. Regime change must be planned for.

Oh I'm positive it's planned for.

96 isn't a bad run. Probably going into end of life care in housed some quiet palace bedroom until he passes away.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

G-Spot Run posted:

I'm going with some Weekend At Bernie's style hijinks, with the grandkids taking turns to prop him up and make racist observations about the staff.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I hope Charles IA never king

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah looks like most of the Philip is dead stuff was because the Sun was a bit incompetent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...l-a7716861.html

Good old Murdoch press.

mitra
Sep 27, 2012

between subtle shading, and the absence of light, lies the nuance of iqlusion
The Games is on iView in it's entirety. RIPeace John Clarke

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

mitra posted:

The Games is on iView in it's entirety. RIPeace John Clarke

Ninety four metres...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The all-around competition in the discipline of women's artistic gymnastics (WAG) was marred by three separate scandals. The vault apparatus was set incorrectly for more than half of the meet; consequently many gymnasts fell or were injured on the event. The apparatus was adjusted during the third rotation and those gymnasts who had vaulted on the incorrectly set equipment were invited to re-do the event at the end of the competition.

Never forget this actually happened at the Olympics.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

shoulda checked his notes

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
lmao

https://twitter.com/BCAcomau/status/827291668923625472

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I love it when organisations like the BCA don't understand social media. The replies are always great.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
#cotax?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
It's a dangerous game you play, Carlton...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

thatbastardken posted:

That would involve GetUp doing something loving useful instead of performative progressivism

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
GetUp's founder is incredibly rich and actively funnels capital out of worker owned super funds. How dare you criticise their business model.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Absolutely digging the fact that Trump has blown off Towelcum again

The ABC posted:

US President Donald Trump has delayed his meeting with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in New York City by several hours.

Mr Trump postponed the meeting to remain in Washington while a bill to replace Obamacare passed the House of Representatives.

He then held a lengthy celebratory press conference at the White House before boarding Air Force One and flying to New York.

The President was due to meet Mr Turnbull at a Manhattan hotel but instead they are now scheduled to hold a shorter, 30-minute meeting onboard the USS Intrepid, a museum on the Hudson River.

"He's got some other things he wants to take care of before he leaves town, and so it's nothing more than that," deputy White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said.

"I don't want to get ahead of their visit, but I think that you can expect a strengthening out of an already strong ally, and furthered continued great relationship that we have with them."

Mr Turnbull and Mr Trump are also due to speak at a gala dinner commemorating the 75th anniversary of the battle of the Coral Sea at the museum.

It will be the first time the pair have met since a testy phone call earlier this year over a refugee deal between the two nations struck by the Turnbull Government and the Obama administration.

Earlier in the day Mr Turnbull met with the Commander of the US Pacific Command Harry Harris for talks about North Korea's nuclear missile program and other security issues.

The Prime Minister also toured the NYPD Counter-Terrorism Joint Operations Centre in downtown Manhattan.

The passage of the bill to repeal Obamacare is a big win for Mr Trump and congressional Republicans, although it still faces a tough fight in the Senate.

During the White House press conference Mr Trump invited those who helped it pass to speak at the podium.

"We're going to let some of the other folks just come up and say whatever you want," he said to the scores of Republican members of Congress standing behind him in the Rose Garden.

"We want to brag about the plan," he said.

Mr Trump has arrived in New York and was due to meet Mr Turnbull at 7:15pm local time (9:15am AEST).

The original meeting was scheduled for 4:20pm.

Former ambassador to the US Kim Beazley said the delay could work in Australia's favour.

Mr Beazley said the distance between New York and Washington could be logistically difficult and the healthcare bill was a "reasonably good" excuse.

He also said it could make the President much warmer during the meeting.

"I think it probably puts Trump somewhat on the back foot in dealing with Turnbull, so it may make him a much more amenable dialogue partner when he finally turns up," he said.

It is Mr Trump's first trip back to his home city since taking office more than three months ago.

Turns out the party for possibly maybe destroying the ACA is more important than meeting Cuckballs. Maybe we should have suggested a Trump tower opening up in Sydney.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/KarenMMiddleton/status/860280239875702784

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."