Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clint Howard
Jul 16, 2006

by zen death robot

SocketWrench posted:

Well, I'm not entirely upset at this one. Like regular vegans are fine. The ones that must make sure you know they are and then constantly tell you you should be are insane people

How often does this actually happen to you?

Clint Howard fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Maybe they know this person
http://www.veganartbook.com

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Clint Howard posted:

I feel like there is a platonic ideal of 'that rear end in a top hat vegan who can't shut up about being a vegan' that doesn't have to ever have been actually encountered to have the feeling of authenticity.

I mean humans are incapable of making lifestyle choices without some percentage of them going all-in and crazy about it, as this very thread continues to remind us every day.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Feinne posted:

I feel like there is a platonic ideal of 'that rear end in a top hat vegan who can't shut up about being a vegan' that doesn't have to ever have been actually encountered to have the feeling of authenticity.

People hate people who they consider "better" than them. Vegans eat healthier, cause less cruelty, and practice self-denial. Thus, they must be hoity-toity snobs forever looking down their noses on mere mortals. (I am not vegan)
See: Virtue signalling.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I've hung out with some alternative and pretty lefty types and not one vegan or vegetarian has been close to the rear end in a top hat stereotype who yells at you for being a murderer or whatever. They just order their food or request something they can eat.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

BarbarianElephant posted:

Vegans eat healthier, cause less cruelty, and practice self-denial.

Well no they eat provably more unhealthy, they cause more cruelty due to how their food is actually sourced, they do practice self-denial I guess? So you got 1 out of 3 right/

It's all by far less environmentally friendly than plain vegetarianism while you're at it.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

fishmech posted:

Well no they eat provably more unhealthy, they cause more cruelty due to how their food is actually sourced, they do practice self-denial I guess? So you got 1 out of 3 right/

It's all by far less environmentally friendly than plain vegetarianism while you're at it.

I'm talking about perception rather than trying to be one of "those" vegans. That's why I specified I'm not vegan (or even vegetarian.)

I have noticed that some Paleo people tend to be like the "vegan" stereotype and can't walk past a conversation about food without telling everyone how their diet is the best.

Clint Howard
Jul 16, 2006

by zen death robot

Radish posted:

I've hung out with some alternative and pretty lefty types and not one vegan or vegetarian has been close to the rear end in a top hat stereotype who yells at you for being a murderer or whatever. They just order their food or request something they can eat.

I've known a couple vegans who like to talk about their diet and lifestyle occasionally because it's an important part of their lives. I don't get upset about this because I am not a giant baby.

I have never met a single vegan or vegetarian who has actually admonished me for my food choices or tried to push their way of living on others outside of a casual "Hey, you should give it a try!" if someone else expresses interest.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Paleo nerds fall under the same umbrella as CrossFit nerds who won't shut up about their fad.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

SocketWrench posted:

Can't cremate the guy, the gay fumes might escape over the community and start a gay epidemic

*sings* And the gays got married / and produced gay spores...

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Clint Howard posted:

I had a few friends a while back that got in on it and that's the main line I'd hear every time we went to some place to eat

People hate people who they consider "better" than them. Vegans eat healthier, cause less cruelty, and practice self-denial. Thus, they must be hoity-toity snobs forever looking down their noses on mere mortals. (I am not vegan)
See: Virtue signalling.

Hence why I tried to separate the two. I don't care if you're vegan or not. I just don't like to be constantly reminded/pushed into being. To me it'sno different than the assholes that shout about their religion and how everyone should be just like them

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 3, 2017

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Clint Howard posted:

I have never met a single vegan or vegetarian who has actually admonished me for my food choices or tried to push their way of living on others outside of a casual "Hey, you should give it a try!" if someone else expresses interest.

Go on a road trip with a vegan and try to bring KFC into the car. You will be admonished.

(They made me eat my chicken in the parking lot before I got in lol)

E: as goony as that sounds, it was one of the moments where I knew "the left" was going new places and I wouldn't be joining them.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 3, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How dare you. Do not speak of things that should not be.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
House passes $1 trillion government funding bill (309-118)

OP posted:

Trump touted the bill Tuesday as a "clear win" for the American people, hours after he suggested that Washington needs a "good 'shutdown'" in September.
Trump is such a bitch. :lol:

quote:

To: Dave346

Stabbed in the back AGAIN!

(R)s have the freaking MAJORITY!!

I would ask “how did this happen?” but we all know how it happened.

F ‘em all, including Trump.

3 posted on 05/03/2017 1:49:26 PM PDT by freedumb2003 (The Civil Rights movement compared content of their character to skin color and chose the latter)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump’s happy. Chuck U. is happy. The entire DC Uniparty establishment is happy.

Conservatives? Well, we’re f——d.

4 posted on 05/03/2017 1:49:37 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd

Expect to see a lot of this in the thread.

quote:

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Disgusting. A loser for America and many Americans. Same old same ‘o’. Kick the can down the road and avoid any intelligent program.

6 posted on 05/03/2017 1:50:05 PM PDT by mulligan

6th Dimensional Chess

quote:

To: mulligan

The REAL battle starts in September. Stay tuned for 6-D chess.

9 posted on 05/03/2017 1:56:26 PM PDT by sagar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Never.

quote:

To: JoSixChip

+1.

Doesn’t it get old reading all these “we are doomed” teeth gnashers?

12 posted on 05/03/2017 2:04:51 PM PDT by SoFloFreeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

And isn’t this actually Obama’s last budget and not Trumps?

15 posted on 05/03/2017 2:08:55 PM PDT by ScottfromNJ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ScottfromNJ

I don’t know if you can say this is fully obumbers budget. It was his responsibility, but he never took his responsibilities to America seriously. Trump is in the big seat now. If you have not seen this, you should. Go to youtube and find Mulvaney’s press briefing from yesterday. I tend to believe the Trump administration more then the msm or talking heads. Unlike like some of the lily liveried snowflakes posting to this thread and others.

17 posted on 05/03/2017 2:15:08 PM PDT by JoSixChip (Cruz <- sleaze; Clinton <- criminal; Trump <- winner)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #19 Removed by Moderator

:iiam:

quote:

To: Sam Gamgee

And President Trump will sign this RINO/RAT bill. Why?

24 posted on 05/03/2017 2:26:26 PM PDT by KansasGirl (Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice." Thomas Paine)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

309 to 118 is a big spread. A lot more Republicans voted for this than I expected. Time to primary them.

27 posted on 05/03/2017 2:35:56 PM PDT by lucky american (Progressives are attac Iking our rights and y'all will sit there and take it.)

quote:

Comment #28 Removed by Moderator

The amount of revisionary history in this is kind of impressive.

quote:

To: ScottfromNJ

Obama never signed a budget in his 8 years as president. That way he could spend as much as he wanted without any constraints.

Also why we had government shutdown threats every 3 months. The Zdemocrats never passed a budget.

This is the first budget bill Congress has passed since Bush was president.

30 posted on 05/03/2017 2:42:22 PM PDT by Freedom_Is_Not_Free (Trump: What to do now I can't repeal Obamacare? I know, lets start a war with Russia!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #31 Removed by Moderator

It warms my heart to see Freepers at each other's throats like this.

quote:

Don't call the freepers here snowflakes. You joined in 2006. We've been seeing this same old dog and pony show 20 years or more longer than you have.

How'd you like it if we say you signed up just to try and sway us to be liberal and called you a traitor?

32 posted on 05/03/2017 2:45:21 PM PDT by ssfromla
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Art of the deal!

quote:

Go Trump!

Art Of The Deal!

Ivanka 2024!

34 posted on 05/03/2017 2:47:28 PM PDT by Angels27

So much winning!

quote:

CR's are free for alls where everything is on the chopping block. Trump let a great opportunity slip away. We lost this battle badly. The war goes on and ultimately we may win but right now there is NOTHING to celebrate here.

Trump got rolled,not by the Democrats but by his own party! They led him down the primrose path. F*** Ryano and his Establishment ilk I hate them all.

43 posted on 05/03/2017 3:03:29 PM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

To: freedumb2003

F ‘em all, including Trump.

Trump is the ONLY hope there is to turn any of this around. Stop undermining him and piling on.

Your man Cruz had zero chance of winning the Presidency and would be the same position Trump is in right now if he had.

49 posted on 05/03/2017 3:16:26 PM PDT by Kazan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Cboldt

131 traitors.

178 who just hate the USA. But they did before the bill was voted on.

56 posted on 05/03/2017 3:27:25 PM PDT by freedumb2003 (The Civil Rights movement compared content of their character to skin color and chose the latter)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

quote:

Once again, Trump is three steps ahead of these traitorous dumbass bastards! (sorry for my French)

You'll see.

65 posted on 05/03/2017 3:49:21 PM PDT by houeto

*Votes straight-ticket Republican until the day he dies*

quote:

I’m willing to wait until Oct. 1st for a CONSERVATIVE budget. If we don’t get one i’ll never vote for a Republican again - including Donald Trump.

70 posted on 05/03/2017 4:00:23 PM PDT by TTFlyer

quote:

To: sagar

Wow. In September, we get 6-D chess! And we’re sure to say “Mr President, PLEASE stop winning so much - we’re getting tired of winning!”.

PULEEZE.

Trump has failed - TOTALLY. Ryan is POTUS. We are F’d.

Yet, I’m sure many Freepers will continue to be deluded into thinking we’ve somehow “Won”.

No, we haven’t. Hate to break the news. Chuckie and Ryan are running the show.

Where the hell is POTUS?!!

If he doesn’t change course IMMEDIATELY, his Presidency is O-V-E-R.

Seriously thinking I need to personally run for Congress (God help me). I know with certainty that what I promise will absolutely be what I stand by.

Novel / antiquated concept, eh?

74 posted on 05/03/2017 4:05:34 PM PDT by jstolzen (All it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #79 Removed by Moderator

Revolution is coming!

quote:

Most of it is unconstitutional. Does anyone care?. The scoundrels in Washing don’t. Do you? Do I? Do the American People care about the Constitution which is the ONLY legal protection and bulwark of freedom against the tyranny of the feds?

The corrupt politicians aren’t going to do anything about it. They hate the Constitution because it restricts and shrinks them. It’s up to the American People through their states to force the feds back into their constitutional cage.

Either WE the PEOPLE force the feds back into their constitutional cage, or sooner than later, the feds will force us into their oppressive cages of unconstitutional regulation, tyranny, and dictatorship.

80 posted on 05/03/2017 4:37:46 PM PDT by Jim 0216

quote:

Comment #81 Removed by Moderator

Haha oh wow!

quote:

Comment #85 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #86 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #87 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #88 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #89 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #90 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #93 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: dp0622

great summary and common sense ending. a lot of people here are on the 2 extremes, neither of which is reality.

why do Republicans do this - they either idolize their choice or vilify them. I don’t see the Deems destroying their party from within. Although we do have Dems in our party doing it for us!

97 posted on 05/03/2017 7:19:44 PM PDT by CottonBall (Thank you, Julian)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 94 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Tzimisce

Conservatives need to identify and announce qualified candidates RIGHT NOW to run against these RINOS and start gathering the required signatures and war chest to win. The GOPE is counting on kicking to can down the road so when they stick the final knife in our backs it will be to late to run an effective primary challenge.

MOBILIZE NOW AND WATCH THE REACTION FROM THESE TRAITORS!

103 posted on 05/03/2017 7:55:50 PM PDT by GOPe Means Bend Over Spell Run (GO GALT - VOTE TRUMP!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 98 | View Replies]

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
drat, they're really tying themselves in knots to prove this is multidimensional chess :stare:

Radish posted:

I live in my nations capital, which is also hands down my nations vegan capital, and hoo boy do we have some self-righteous annoying ones. It's become a lot worse after facebook.. But seriously, they're normal people and will not talk to you about veganism if you request it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

Once again, Trump is three steps ahead of these traitorous dumbass bastards! (sorry for my French) 

You'll see. 

65 posted on 05/03/2017 3:49:21 PM PDT by houeto 

This one's the best imo, you can feel the uncertainty and the desperation in it. There isn't even a bullshit justification for the whole thing. It's just "you'll see"

Also :laffo: at "once again"

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Not technically Freep, but in its spirit, I ran across a Guardian article from a dude bitching about dual-language (Scottish) Gaelic signage in Scotland: Saving a language is one thing, but I'm saddened by Scotland going Gaelic

As someone who's keenly interested in language preservation, I offer him a hearty "go gently caress yourself" or its Gaelic equivalent. Just struck me an interesting cousin of "this is America, how come I gotta press 1 for English!!!"

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 4, 2017

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Go on a road trip with a vegan and try to bring KFC into the car. You will be admonished.

(They made me eat my chicken in the parking lot before I got in lol)

E: as goony as that sounds, it was one of the moments where I knew "the left" was going new places and I wouldn't be joining them.

Hold on, this is the thread where we *laugh* at Freepers, not the thread *for* Freepers.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Hold on, this is the thread where we *laugh* at Freepers, not the thread *for* Freepers.

Zot!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Uh what's the story with the new title?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Uh what's the story with the new title?

Yeah this one isn't even good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

pm me with a new title request and suffer the consequences

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Tias posted:

drat, they're really tying themselves in knots to prove this is multidimensional chess :stare:

You ever read about how members of those nutty doomsday cults of the 19th century reacted after their expected apocalypse failed to come about? It's more or less the same sort of behavior.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

This is old but I only just found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9dXSkZbTY
There's featured posts by freep superstars WENDEL and Lazamataz

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Turns out once again Freep was right all along and Obama's gayer than hell https://www.yahoo.com/news/barack-obama-snorted-cocaine-considered-113610590.html

quote:

The book also lays bare details his close relationship with openly gay assistant professor Lawrence Goldyn and suggests it may have influenced him when he allegedly started exploring his own sexuality. He allegedly considered having a gay relationship because he thought it would be "less challenging" than being heterosexual.

"Obama wrote somewhat elusively to his first intimate girlfriend that he had thought about and considered gayness but ultimately decided that a same-sex relationship would be less challenging and demanding than developing one with the opposite sex."

In 2009, Obama spoke very highly of Goldyn, crediting him for influencing his stance on the LGBT community. He said at the time: "And he was just a terrific guy. He wasn't proselytizing all the time, but just his comfort in his own skin and the friendship we developed helped to educate me on a number of these issues."

Since Freep was right here we need to evaluate what else they've been right on with Obama everything ever

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
It's amazing how desperate they are to shame Obama. "He was probably gay" No one cares outside of nutter groups

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, how are they responding to AHCA passing? Utter amusement? Happy as can be?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

pm me with a new title request and suffer the consequences

Just ban the guy sending you the request if you want, making (bad) changes to the forum will only reward bad behavior.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Juan Carlos III posted:

Yeah this one isn't even good

I disagree.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Just ban the guy sending you the request if you want, making (bad) changes to the forum will only reward bad behavior.

a good metaphor for politics

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

SocketWrench posted:

It's amazing how desperate they are to shame Obama. "He was probably gay" No one cares outside of nutter groups

I guess "The National Enquirer" would care.

Funny how Obama is always "secretly" everything they hate even if it doesn't make sense. Occasional churchgoer? Obviously a secret Muslim. Happily married? Obviously secretly gay. Wife is pretty? Secretly an overweight transwoman (I don't even know how that works.)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

I don’t see the Deems destroying their party from within.

I will never understand the right's belief that the left is a wholly unified force who always work together.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I will never understand the right's belief that the left is a wholly unified force who always work together.

Well, simple. Everyone on the left is on George Soros's payroll.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oddly enough the left believe precisely the same thing about the right. We can't see the divisions.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Eh the idea that the right is a completely unified force was pretty much done away with by the election last year, in fact a few people here were saying that Republicans were done as a major force in politics due to how fractured they were. Even now I don't see anyone saying that the right is a unified force despite Trump winning, there's still pretty obviously a lot of infighting.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Twelve by Pies posted:

Eh the idea that the right is a completely unified force was pretty much done away with by the election last year, in fact a few people here were saying that Republicans were done as a major force in politics due to how fractured they were. Even now I don't see anyone saying that the right is a unified force despite Trump winning, there's still pretty obviously a lot of infighting.

I think the difference is that no matter how much they hate the GOP Freepers will crawl over broken glass to vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name every single election while the left refuses to vote for anyone not progressively pure enough for them.

Re: health care vote:

I dunno, this doesn't-

quote:

To: Responsibility2nd

I, for one, do NOT want a :”new health bill”
I want REPEAL of ZerO-Care

period.
end of file

your presonal health care is none of the fed’s business to restrict, regulate, limit, direct, approve, or disapprove

7 posted on Thu May 04 2017 09:55:01 GMT-0700 (PDT) by faithhopecharity ("Politicans are not born, they're excreted." -- Marcus Tillius Cicero)

-Wait, this defunds Planned Parenthood? gently caress YEAH!!!! :flashfap:

quote:

To: blueyon

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shut down the baby killing centers!

3 posted on Thu May 04 2017 12:22:25 GMT-0700 (PDT) by faithhopecharity ("Politicans are not born, they're excreted." -- Marcus Tillius Cicero)

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
I for one appreciate the reference in the title

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You ever read about how members of those nutty doomsday cults of the 19th century reacted after their expected apocalypse failed to come about? It's more or less the same sort of behavior.

I'm not sure why you limited it to the 19th century. You can see that today with the 2012 Mayan "prophecy" and various others who still predict the date and time the world will end.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jurgan posted:

I'm not sure why you limited it to the 19th century. You can see that today with the 2012 Mayan "prophecy" and various others who still predict the date and time the world will end.

20th century cultists seem more likely to just kill themselves when things go sideways (or as part of the runup to the expected apocalypse), which is why I left them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Not technically Freep, but in its spirit, I ran across a Guardian article from a dude bitching about dual-language (Scottish) Gaelic signage in Scotland: Saving a language is one thing, but I'm saddened by Scotland going Gaelic

As someone who's keenly interested in language preservation, I offer him a hearty "go gently caress yourself" or its Gaelic equivalent. Just struck me an interesting cousin of "this is America, how come I gotta press 1 for English!!!"

~*~the Gae agenda~*~