Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the se is the greatest phone ever created and the best phone on the market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

mishaq posted:

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

mishaq posted:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

duTrieux. posted:

5s supremacy

i really really really hope they update the se

they probably will

to the six minus chassis :unsmigghh:

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

mishaq posted:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
they're gonna add a camera bump to it, the motherfuckers

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

echinopsis posted:

ive actually seen boatloads in real life

in sunny christchurch

but onto other matters.. WHY the gently caress is illustrator such a bithc when it comes to colours

there are about 4 million places where you can have colour swatches or libraries and they all seem inconsisent and incompatible.

if i want to make a new swatch.. i can't enter a hex value, i have to manually enter values
the ordinary colour picker can't be used to make a swatch
there are colour themes
there is a library with colours
there is the top left thing that picsk colours
and then the colour picker thing

if i open the colour picker I dont seem to be able to eye dropper pickup, and if I create a cool colour i can't make it into a swatch
color themes owns because you can just swap colors around without doing "select same fill" over and over

i mostly work in cmyk though & illustrator seems to mostly be built with that in mind more than web/app design purposes

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

mishaq posted:

the stebephone...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Apple might not be selling as many iPhones as it would like, but it sounds like its Watches have been doing quite well. According to Strategy Analytics, it shipped 3.5 million wearables in the first quarter of 2017, 59 percent higher than the 2.2 million devices it did in the same period last year. Cupertino captured 16 percent of the global marketshare and stole the wearables crown from Fitbit, which had a much less stellar quarter. Fitbit only shipped 2.9 million devices in Q1, 36 percent less than the 4.5 million units it moved in the first quarter of 2016. Even Xiaomi sold more devices, putting the beleaguered wearables-maker in third place.

Those results are consistent with Apple's latest earnings report. The company said its Watch and TV sales jumped up 31 percent year-over-year, and head honcho Tim Cook said Watch sales have nearly doubled since last year. Neil Mawston, Strategy Analytics executive director, said Apple's Watch Series 2 has been selling well "due to enhanced styling, intensive marketing and a good retail presence."

On the other hand, there's less and less demand for Fitbit's bands, perhaps due to the increasing number of sports-oriented smartwatch options for buyers, among other factors. Its attempt to enter the smartwatch market was also late and quite underwhelming. While Fitbit still sold the most wearables late last year, it was already in trouble by the beginning of 2017. It had to cut 110 jobs in January, which might not sound like much but is still 6 percent of its workforce. In an attempt to recapture part of the market it lost, Fitbit is reportedly preparing to release a new smartwatch and a pair of wireless headphones in the fall.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

FitBit are already cheap items but I remember a news item with knock off FitBits being impounded by customs. The Xiaomi Mi is like $12.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/13/customs-counterfeit-fitbits/

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

not surprising, the second generation of an apple product significantly improves on almost every shortcoming of the first, and sells better

shocking, i know

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
what generation is this new bad MacBook?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

what generation is this new bad MacBook?

the greatest generation

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a 13 or 14" macbook with a usb-c port on each side and touchid would be a super awesome computer. I'm generally cool with my macbook pro button edition but I do miss how light my old air was

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

buttttouchbar is excellent but if they throw force feedback behind it that would be cool

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I'm very happy with my series 2 and using it with the AirPods makes me feel like a cyborg

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

buttttouchbar is excellent but if they throw force feedback behind it that would be cool

No It loving WOuldn't You Dumb Idiot

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
it is extremely cool to adjust AirPods volume with the Watch crown

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

/

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
apple's product strategy is basically a ponzi scheme

come out with a new product that provides a use case for an old product to fix the new product's missing features

pram
Jun 10, 2001
actually their product strategy is making good rear end poo poo i spend my humongous IT janitor paycheck on

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

pram posted:

IT janitor

the noblest of professions

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

pram posted:

actually their product strategy is making good rear end poo poo i spend my humongous IT janitor paycheck on

why would you not spend it towards not being an it janitor?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
why i love computers. i wish to spend all waking moments on this earth near them until my demise

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

pram posted:

why i love computers. i wish to spend all waking moments on this earth near them until my demise

this but unironically

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

for a baby to use at the little baby hand circus

7 plus is clearly the best phone

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Mad Wack posted:

i love my 9 inch pro

but enough about your rent boy testimonials

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Trashman posted:

for a baby to use at the little baby hand circus

7 plus is clearly the best phone

enjoy your phone designed for old people with terrible eyesight

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
iphone 8+ leaked:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
@internetofshit on homekit

https://twitter.com/reckless/status/860906590576271360

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

thats a lot of oddly nonspecific whining noises assembled into an article

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
with just a few taps of my phone, I can have today's weather burned onto my toast, or my 90$ lightbulbs switch to bone zone mode

the future is now old man

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lmao you can't fool me into clicking a verge link

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i don't know if it's appropriate or disappointing that internet of poo poo ended up on verge

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

carry on then posted:

it's a really bad article

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

but enough about your rent boy testimonials

Gonna have to give this here the ole lol:
"lol"

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

carry on then posted:

duTrieux. posted:

it's a really bad article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
ugh when the gently caress is the ipad pro 2 gonna come out. i saw a guy use one in a meeting at work and since then im obsessed with taking notes in my gay handwriting forever. my life is literally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJPP7GkuPU. i havent had something pop into my mind so often since that time your mom sent me that picture of herself naked on all fours

• Locked thread