Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cru Jones posted:

OP here's my bathroom, can I get a swoon factor evaluation?

Boy that wood is not going to hold up well in that kind of humidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cru Jones posted:

You've exposed my builder grade shame!

When was it done?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Please advise

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium

Baronjutter posted:

When was it done?

Built in 2002, recent purchase for us.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FogHelmut posted:

Please advise

:gonk:

I actually kind of like the gray tile on the walls :shobon:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Cru Jones posted:

So do you just open the cabinet under the tub to let it drain or just let the wood soak up all the water?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

FogHelmut posted:

Please advise

toilet appears well-secured, seal around the edge of the tub looks good... you should be good to go, just get a little windex multi-surface for that cosmetic stuff

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Vargatron posted:

So do you just open the cabinet under the tub to let it drain or just let the wood soak up all the water?

I filled it with leftovers from a nearby gravel pit, but I did much science before hand so I know mold isn't a problem.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

FogHelmut posted:

Please advise

Dude you said you wouldn't post pics of my apartment!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought we all decided a few decades ago that making GBS threads in the tub saves time and money.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

You guys dont seem to know this, but you can put stuff on wood that keeps it from soaking up moisture.

You can even use wood outside exposed to the elements.

loving goons.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Cru Jones posted:

Realtalk the wood is too much and I never love glass blocks, but even though I'm not on board with the aesthetics, I really dig the features. Tons of closed storage, a luxurious tub, a functional shower, easy-to-clean surfaces, big counters. I would say maybe consider some upper-level storage for usual medicine-cabinet stuff, but otherwise, thumbs up. The stuff I don't like is almost all stuff you could make over quickly for a space that looks great; the function is already there.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 4, 2017

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Yeah for real just replace those cabinet fronts with something a little more up to date and you're like 90% there.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Cru Jones posted:

Are you a vampire?

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

FogHelmut posted:

Please advise

Replace the toilet paper.

Fill the bathtub with rushes and frogs. Gradually introduce species to increase biodiversity. Once a stable ecosystem is established, sit back and admire your handiwork as you poop to the sound of the loon nesting in the sink.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

SoundMonkey posted:

toilet appears well-secured, seal around the edge of the tub looks good... you should be good to go, just get a little windex multi-surface for that cosmetic stuff

Might want to upgrade that to Windex Multi-Surface Fuel-Air Bomb Fogger.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Chitin posted:

Yeah for real just replace those cabinet fronts with something a little more up to date and you're like 90% there.

I think I can handle that, I'm a level 57 Expert DIYer.

Also, lols at the legitimate real feedback. Much appreciated.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Anne Whateley posted:

Realtalk the wood is too much and I never love glass blocks, but even though I'm not on board with the aesthetics, I really dig the features. Tons of closed storage, a luxurious tub, a functional shower, easy-to-clean surfaces, big counters. I would say maybe consider some upper-level storage for usual medicine-cabinet stuff, but otherwise, thumbs up. The stuff I don't like is almost all stuff you could make over quickly for a space that looks great; the function is already there.

Yeah the aesthetic is 90's as heck (or even 80's with the glass block) but it all seems functional enough. I'd swap out the cabinet fronts, do the tub surround in tile rather than wood, and probably redo or paint the trim (possibly in the whole house if it's all that wood) if it was my house, or if I was selling it.

Also also the lack of trim around the ceiling and around the mirrors contrasted with the thick woody trim everywhere else feels off somehow.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

It's achingly obvious that I live in squalor because I have one toilet and shower/tub combo in about a 10'x6' bathroom. Whatever it's a low rent bachelor pad with TWO STORIES in half a duplex.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Vargatron posted:

It's achingly obvious that I live in squalor because I have one toilet and shower/tub combo in about a 10'x6' bathroom. Whatever it's a low rent bachelor pad with TWO STORIES in half a duplex.

Yeah my bathroom is probably even smaller. Most everyone I know lives in a tiny cramped apartment so these huge 10x10 + sized bathrooms feel cavernous to me. Personally even if I was filthy rich I'd like my bathrooms more on the cozy side of things. The few times I've used huge bathrooms I've not liked them because the room never really gets steamy enough.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah my bathroom is probably even smaller. Most everyone I know lives in a tiny cramped apartment so these huge 10x10 + sized bathrooms feel cavernous to me. Personally even if I was filthy rich I'd like my bathrooms more on the cozy side of things. The few times I've used huge bathrooms I've not liked them because the room never really gets steamy enough.

Same. I'm not a fan of big expanses of unused space in the middle of pretty much any room. It's feel like a waste to me.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

We have the 2nd floor of a house, decently sized, but our bathroom is pretty small. The only plus is that it's a combo shower/tub, and that it has an actual sliding door. gently caress shower curtains forever.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I dunno my takeaway from the thread is that you need a lavish bathroom to have a chance with women.

Real talk though I don't mind having a small bathroom.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just don't poo poo in the tub, apparently.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

FoldableHuman posted:

Are you a vampire?

Behold real estate photography. To be honest, I also think it's too big, but was shot at a low level with a lens to help enhance the impression.

In reality, even though I actually agree on wasted space, when you get two people in there trying to get ready in the morning with kids under foot the space is much appreciated.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Just don't poo poo in the tub, apparently.

My friend's son poo poo in the tub and blamed it on Grandpa.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Cru Jones posted:

I feel like this would look better with not-grey as the walls, if you wanted to keep the weird wood colour

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Cru Jones posted:

I think I can handle that, I'm a level 57 Expert DIYer.

Also, lols at the legitimate real feedback. Much appreciated.

The comedy is in the contrast with the OP.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I shat in the bed like 5 times but blamed it on the dude I sleep with.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CommonShore posted:

My friend's son poo poo in the tub and blamed it on Grandpa.

What evidence did anyone have that it wasn't Grandpa?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What evidence did anyone have that it wasn't Grandpa?

Knowing Grandpa we really had to discuss it (seriously), but the consensus was that the turd was more consistent in size with a toddler's.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CommonShore posted:

Knowing Grandpa we really had to discuss it (seriously), but the consensus was that the turd was more consistent in size with a toddler's.

Did you use both imperial and metric units of measurement?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Baronjutter posted:

I shat in the bed like 5 times but blamed it on the dude I sleep with.

Frank Reynolds???

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

brugroffil posted:

Frank Reynolds???

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

CommonShore posted:

I would like to see the minutes from the first annual Whose Turd Was That? Summit.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Antivehicular posted:

I would like to see the minutes from the first annual Whose Turd Was That? Summit.

If he has a toddler it probably wasn't the first summit with that on the agenda.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

my shower is an affront to everything OP holds dear, there's a three foot long shelf that's like 8 inches deep. i could have a shower sixpack in there and still have room for a bong.

gently caress your minimalism shelves

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cru Jones posted:

While I like the amount of counter space, I feel my wife would fill it up, both counters. It's like a garage, you fill to the space you have.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Burt Sexual posted:

While I like the amount of counter space, I feel my wife would fill it up, both counters. It's like a garage, you fill to the space you have.

i can see OP building something exactly like this because one of the counters looks way bigger than the other and i'm sure the person designing it made that the "for Her"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
How many doors are going into that bathroom? It looks like at least three.

• Locked thread