Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i usually avoid it unless i have a sledgehammer or something. and strong spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I managed to go in with a lightning hammer, trigger fingers and long arms once, it was great

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I purposefully go to the cursed caves I get wrecked, but if I just pick up a cursed gun without thinking I easily clear it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

when you open the big cursed chest and it's like pop gun. assault rifle. disc gun. haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

when you open the big cursed chest and it's like pop gun. assault rifle. disc gun. haha

Cursed Disc Gun? But I repeat myself

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I once accidentally replaced my laser sword with a cursed assault rifle in the labs and never found anything to make up for it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love when you get to the ice levels and it spawns you in a murdercloset surrounded by enemies with no cover

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

i love when you get to the ice levels and it spawns you in a murdercloset surrounded by enemies with no cover
I love when you have the guns to deal with this.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love when you have the guns to deal with this.

Play as Steroids and realize that this is always the case.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The daily today (yesterday?) was cool. How much is predetermined with a seed, is it just all the level layouts/enemy placements that eveyrone gets and the gun drops and mutations are still randomized?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ALso i got to 5-1 on the weekly on my first try and it spawns you next to a Big Healing Container that happens to be a mimic and I got immediately owned. getting there was stressful enough that I never want to try it again, let alone think about beating lil hunter

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The daily today (yesterday?) was cool. How much is predetermined with a seed, is it just all the level layouts/enemy placements that eveyrone gets and the gun drops and mutations are still randomized?
Guns definitely aren't randomized, not sure about mutations but I would assume they're not either.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So whats everyones character/golden gun loadout? I like to run with YV with a Golden Wrench or Steroids with a Golden Grenade Launcher. Differnt dynamics of runs of theyre both really fun.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Eyes with the golden shotgun. Although most of my wins have been on dailies so maybe my weapon isn't that important

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Eyes and golden wrench. I need to vary my character choice up though because I think the way projectiles move around Eyes is starting to get fixed in my muscle memory.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

So whats everyones character/golden gun loadout? I like to run with YV with a Golden Wrench or Steroids with a Golden Grenade Launcher. Differnt dynamics of runs of theyre both really fun.
YV with Golden Wrench is my friend and I love him

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
melting with golden grenade launcher. SO FUN!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

golden wrench for all. except fish who i gave the frog gun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
my first gold weap was robot w golden laser pistol and I still really like running with that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got the golden shottie and never see myself switching

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Golden splintergun ftw

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I managed to go in with a lightning hammer, trigger fingers and long arms once, it was great

you've pretty much already won if the dice fell like that for you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

YV with Golden Machinegun at the moment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Think I'll stream this after dinner and not stop until I see Throne 2.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Think I'll stream this after dinner and not stop until I see Throne 2.

Good luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

Good luck.

Before I stopped I got to 7-2 or 7-3 three times in a row. I'm getting stronger

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do YV with golden MG because its good for everythi ng but the last few levels with his fire rate bonus with the regular golden gun bonus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died on Throne 2 does that count as a loop.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's l1 0-1 congrats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phew. The hardest part about looping is just having enough ammo to get through all 4 generators, those things have a billion health.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But now I have crown of curses on YV and can get sledgehammers and shovels in world 1 ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FOr posterity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIK_I8bWctg

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I've never ended up behind the throne, it seems like a decent tactic if you have hammerhead

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

does the throne just go apeshit like that when you kill the generators? jesus christ

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I think the fight just gets crazier as time goes on with the guardians spawning but you're more likely to see that if you kill the generators

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the throne goes into desperation mode when you're not in the hallway (so in the little generator nooks or hammerhead hidey spots) or are behind it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

does the throne just go apeshit like that when you kill the generators? jesus christ

it gets pissed when you move into the generator nooks and behind it iirc edit fugg beaten

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

it gets pissed when you move into the generator nooks and behind it iirc edit fugg beaten

lol ty i thought i was gonna have to seriously step up my dodge game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

the throne goes into desperation mode when you're not in the hallway (so in the little generator nooks or hammerhead hidey spots) or are behind it

oh lol. I thought that was just a pattern that starts post generators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also with a melee weapon you can destroy the big green blobs before they span bullets or guardians and u still get items :thumbsup:

• Locked thread