Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

When did people start talking about optics all the drat time I never heard that poo poo before like 6 months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

phasmid posted:

I dunno. British politics seem more vicious between politicians and that's a good thing. Personally, I admire that you guys kick the poo poo out of your politicians more than we do here in the states.

It's your judicial system we make fun of, because of the silly wigs.

Alas, the silly wigs are being phased out.

I agree we can be more brutal, which leads to some entertaining culture clashes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5u1skEoqLs&t=402s

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/04/hillary-clinton-launch-political-group-237999

Maya Fey posted:

congratulations to the republicans on their impending 1,000-year reign

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Gotta figure out some way to get more money after the Clinton Foundation is basically neutered. Maybe a think that can figure out way to get donor money but not win elections?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

phasmid posted:

And the Republicans went in to "Eye of the Tiger". Two loving awful rally songs for goddamned morons, being played by people who have permanent free health care even after they leave office, even if they are shitcanned. gently caress the idiots in Congress who find this amusing.

No they dont:

http://www.snopes.com/members-congress-health-care/

You seem rather naive, how young are you?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

BexGu posted:

Gotta figure out some way to get more money after the Clinton Foundation is basically neutered. Maybe a think that can figure out way to get donor money but not win elections?

SSF Soros Slush Fund.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Maya Fey posted:

congratulations to the republicans on their impending 1,000-year reign

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/860196932374978560

Maybe. The Senate Republicans are already saying that they're just going to go write their own bill and ignore the House one, which means the house will probably have to vote again, and since the Senate is more Tuesday Group than Freedom Caucus the house will likely end up rejecting the new bill and congratulations we're back where we started.

This whole shitshow pretty much guarantees a mass slaughter of Republicans at the midterms, so I'm excited to see how the Dems gently caress it up.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

democrats dont vote in midterms and republican olds dont give a gently caress they have medicare

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Democrats won a majority in one of the houses during the 2006 midterms

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

basic hitler posted:

Democrats won a majority in one of the houses during the 2006 midterms

they will find a way to gently caress it up i have faith

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

basic hitler posted:

Bernie sanders was eating cereal. Applejacks. His favorite. His loving wife sitting next to him, reviewing his social media presence, when Bernie noticed something amiss. Movement out of the corner of his eye. He sighed andgave three quick taps on the table. His wife's eyes widened and in a snap decision they both flipped the table towards the intruder. They grabbed the two.loaded colt .45 pistols strapped under the table.

"I told you they would be coming!" she screamed. Bernie smiled knowingly and wagged his finger. He took a deep breath and fired a shot through the table. There was a loud thud. He heard moaning and crawling. He left cover and put his foot on the injured man's head. He recognized the face. "Goodbye Podesta."

He fired another shot, sighed and went to get his shovel.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

What about 2010 midterms?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone who only voted to try and prevent Trump rule ain't votin' next year

i might vote dem because lol purple texas, basically all i voted for last year

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

leaked preview of new democratic party plan going forward:
-cut off all party funding to congressional races outside of new york and california
-use money saved to construct giant pyramid in the Hamptons as mortuary complex for hillary
-upon Hillary's death, loyal democratic party members will be given the honor of being entombed alive with Her so that they may serve in the next life

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spacetoaster posted:

It's democrats now? CNN was saying it was republicans singing about obamacare.

Cnn is fake news

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

"democrats dont vote at midterms" isnt some cosmic law of the universe, its only because dems are massively disappointing once presidential election season is over and therefore their base is dispirited

Stexils fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 5, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SickZip posted:

-cut off all party funding to congressional races outside of new york and california
-use money saved to construct giant pyramid in the Hamptons as mortuary complex for hillary
-upon Hillary's death, loyal democratic party members will be given the honor of being entombed alive with Her so that they may serve in the next life

How do we fund #3

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

SickZip posted:

Every once in a while I wish this forum had some kind of thumbs up button or something

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

theres a will theres moe posted:

Every once in a while I wish this forum had some kind of thumbs up button or something

Empty quoting

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Stexils posted:

"democrats dont vote at midterms" isnt some cosmic law of the universe, its only because dems are massively disappointing once presidential election season is over and therefore their base is dispirited

"Populism," is becoming a dirty word.

Trump has nativist populism.

Sanders had Emancipatory/Emancipation Populism

quote:

Emancipation is any effort to procure economic and social rights, political rights or equality

What the centrists have abandoned, and what Trump is pushing, are different. We're pushing something good. Our populism is egalitarian. It's Emancipatory Populism.

Am I selling anyone? "Populism," alone isn't getting it done.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Accretionist posted:

Am I selling anyone? "Populism," alone isn't getting it done.

*takes a deep draw off a pipe, leans back and adjust smoking jacket*

But what of....

*exhales a huge plume of smoke*

The racism? :smuggo:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Accretionist posted:

"Populism," is becoming a dirty word.

Populism has been a dirty word since the time of William Jennings Bryan.

Seriously, crack open a history textbook and you will find them deriding populism to a man, for reasons I never quite could put my finger on.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tallgeese posted:

Seriously, crack open a history textbook and you will find them deriding populism to a man, for reasons I never quite could put my finger on.

Because the books are written by elitists and the establishment

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SickZip posted:

Gonna start donating to the DNC

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

SickZip posted:

Excellent. Lol.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

SickZip posted:

The spell, which praises the pharaoh as living incarnation of the crocodile god, reads:

"Hillary is Sobek, green of plumage, with alert face and raised fore, the splashing one who came from the thigh and tail of the great goddess in the sunlight ... Hillary has appeared as Sobek, Neith's son. Hillary will eat with her mouth, Hillary will urinate and Hillary will copulate with her penis. Hillary is lord of semen, who takes husbands from their women to the place Hillary likes according to her heart's fancy."

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Sobek vs. Kek: the final showdown

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

How do we fund #3

theirs still internal debates in the party on the best method for that. the radicals are proposing a 1% tax on billionaires while the moderates are pushing for a program of human sacrifice to moloch in exchange for wealth beyond count

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Lenin was not a pauper.

Stalin was :twisted:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blue Train posted:

Empty quoting

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

spacetoaster posted:

It's democrats now? CNN was saying it was republicans singing about obamacare.

Only democrates would start singing when they loose

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tallgeese posted:

populism has been a dirty word for 2000 years, since the populares vs the optimates

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Blue Train posted:

When did people start talking about optics all the drat time I never heard that poo poo before like 6 months ago

basically always, in DC. I don't know what the provinces get up to but it wouldn't surprise me they've taken to trying to imitate the PR guy corporatese of the dudes who hand them their press releases to redistribute.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

JB50 posted:

No they dont:

http://www.snopes.com/members-congress-health-care/

You seem rather naive, how young are you?

My bad! They just get a 70% subsidy on all premiums IF they choose to fall back on the standard plan instead of selecting their own. Unless certain provisions apply, in which case they are 100% covered.

My point is: gently caress them. Don't know why you'd want to go to bat for people who are in bed with insurance companies, but hey. You do you, sweetheart.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw-m4jEY-Ns

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

phasmid posted:

My bad! They just get a 70% subsidy on all premiums IF they choose to fall back on the standard plan instead of selecting their own. Unless certain provisions apply, in which case they are 100% covered.

My point is: gently caress them. Don't know why you'd want to go to bat for people who are in bed with insurance companies, but hey. You do you, sweetheart.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Nice rebuttal. From the mouth of a person who can't even cheat her way in on easy mode, no less.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
A link to politico and snopes on the same page. Retardation at its finest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Prorat posted:

A link to politico and snopes on the same page. Retardation at its finest.

don't sign ur posts

• Locked thread