Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Lurdiak posted:

It's super weird. Most people just want to jump in to the arcade/story mode because that's the entire game to them and multiplayer is just like an extra thing to do if they have friends over/are bored.

Its still not weird, its just not gonna be the go to choice for the casual crowd. The crowd of people who stay with the game past the first two weeks as everyone else wanders off to the next game, I fully expect to hit training mode first.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It's super weird. Most people just want to jump in to the arcade/story mode because that's the entire game to them and multiplayer is just like an extra thing to do if they have friends over/are bored.

That's me.

I really don't ever play multiplayer in fighting games unless it's a party and we're all drunk. The new generation of MK and the Injustice games have been great for that.

However, I got a ton of play out of the living tower modes in MKX, and look forward to the Multiverse game mode for Injustice 2.

I don't really remember enjoying the extra game modes as much in MK9 and Injustice:GAU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The first thing I do is look at the cast and immediately begin writing self-insert fanfics and I'm not weird at all.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

How is that weird. That's gonna be almost everyone who cares about playing the game beyond mashing buttons.

oh undeniably, that's how I started KOF and Guilty Gear and poo poo but since the NRS stuff is the only game that usually has a worthwhile story mode I always thought it was fun to go in blind for a while and then do training mode later on. Actually, I might go for the Metaverse mode first this time to get in on the new missions they've got day 1.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Saint Freak posted:

The first thing I do is look at the cast and immediately begin writing self-insert fanfics and I'm not weird at all.

my swamp thing gorilla grodd slashfic is going to be a masterpiece

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MinibarMatchman posted:

oh undeniably, that's how I started KOF and Guilty Gear and poo poo but since the NRS stuff is the only game that usually has a worthwhile story mode I always thought it was fun to go in blind for a while and then do training mode later on.

Same, the fact that the story is typically amusing enough, it switches your character every few fights, and typically by the end you have seen a bit of every character, lets me use it as a really basic character survey to decide who I want to spend time actually learning.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

The Fool posted:

I don't really remember enjoying the extra game modes as much in MK9 and Injustice:GAU

MK9 had the tag co-op arcade which was fun. My bro and I would play and just as the bad guy was doing a special or jumping in on me I'd tag my bro in and he'd take all the hits. Classic!

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grFbEI-mAPU

Cheetah trailer for some reason

Keep in mind that one of the links says this guy is going to be an alt skin for her

You sure they did not mean his son?
Who is an actual anthropomorphic panther/werepanther.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I pre-ordered the game a week ago. Disappointed that my favorite Titans characters didn't make it in, but I'm still happy with a lot of the pics for the roster.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Gavok posted:

Superboy Prime shows up in Crisis on Infinite Earths as a good guy. Then he's revealed to be one of the main villains in Infinite Crisis. He attempts to murder DC's writers in Blackest Night.

I really wish Superboy Prime was in Injustice 2. Constantly whining about how unbalanced the game is and how NetherRealm needs to buff his offense.

As voiced by linkara in his superboy prime voice

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Conan O'Brian voicing Zantanna's Dad in his old timey huckster voice

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Boooo

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That's the Deathstorm shader.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What's a deathstorm.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

What's a deathstorm.

It's what I named my OC comic book character in 4th grade.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Isn't deathstorm a name brand keyboard or something worth $500 I'm sure of it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Deathstorm_(New_Earth)

Huh.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

HebrewMagic posted:

Isn't deathstorm a name brand keyboard or something worth $500 I'm sure of it

How many things in this picture are probably named Death Storm?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saint Freak posted:

How many things in this picture are probably named Death Storm?

please don't post hentais or whatever that is ITT

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Thats obviously just a reference in name. The premiere skins have little icons over their color scheme

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think that's the last boss of every ps2 game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/860242225011339264

:flashfap:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I think what DT's getting at is that having Jason Firestorm dress in Deathstorm colors is like having Daredevil cosplay as Bullseye.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

I think what DT's getting at is that having Jason Firestorm dress in Deathstorm colors is like having Daredevil cosplay as Bullseye.

No, I'm just thinking that a Deathstorm premium skin for Firestorm is unlikely now that a Deathstorm shader has been revealed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

god please just reveal something ridiculous like Etrigan to gently caress over all the twitters begging for poo poo like Zatanna or Circe or loving Black Manta

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It's Stan Lee. I'm calling it now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's Jason Blood and he can't call Etrigan.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

More like Phoenix WRONG bitch

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Jason Blood's a skeleton now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

5/5 DLC Announcement:

"I'm not happy with you now."

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Get yourself a hot dog!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Jason Blood's a skeleton now.

Ghost Rider?!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"I thought we were pals" Rudy opines as Deadshot blows up his big ceramic face

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

In a landmark deal with Marvel, famed kingpin/riddler hybrid character from Amalgam, THE BIG QUESTION will join the ranks of injustice 2!!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's Mad Stan with the voice role reprised by Henry Rollins

Also uh, whatever guy he voiced in Teen Titans.

edit: Johnny Rancid

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/860268443735556096

loving Boon

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

1st five seconds? What a turd

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Like I started to think Zantanna cause it's backwards but then I noticed the words were all jumbled up, like Ed Boon made some bad mistypes or like he had dyslexi-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFm1X_XewmE

!!!

edit https://youtu.be/4-kdGkTYXzg?t=49s

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

next few seconds of the video are flashes of Beast Boy, Starfire, Static Shock, and Zatanna being smashed to death with a huge blunt object. From out of the shadows, Prometheus steps forward.

• Locked thread