Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

My fiancée [27/F] has some peculiar habits that I [25/M] find endearing. Her sister oversaw and thinks I'm it's a big problem/are we crazy?

My fiancée "Amelia" [27/F] makes all the money in our relationship - she works in a high-pressure sales role for a big financial company. She pays our bills, covers my end (I'm in law school) and pays for our dates - for now I'm a kept man. Thing is, she hates sales, is always under extreme pressure, chewing tums and constantly worried. It begins Sunday night and she's stressed until Friday at 5:00. She does the job because she makes good money and can keep us afloat. Otherwise, she would have quit. She's making a big sacrifice for us. I am absolutely indebted to her.

As a result of the stress, she has some.... odd.... habits. She's a tall, poised, well put together business woman - she is always elegant, with make-up and perfectly done hair; but, behind the scenes at home, can sort of 'revert.' She sucks her thumb and wears her "blankie"/onsie PJs while watching TV; she will swaddle herself (or get me to swaddle her) so she can stay "toasty" and will sit there with Netflix for hours on end; she has me brush her hair while we study (she helps me with that) or are sitting around. When we watch our nieces (usually once or twice a month) my fiancée goes into full-on mode and will indulge their fantasies and play princess with them for hours. I get it, I really do. Amelia works in a pressure cooker and is doing it for us. She needs an outlet, so, while I would normally think she might be a bit off; I get it. I even partake - if I want to watch a movie and she's buzzing around, I'll use my powers to sedate her - massaging her head while she's wrapped in blankets on the couch? 20 minutes later and I could jackhammer and she wouldn't wake-up.

My SIL and BIL were staying with us for the next 4 weeks. Last Friday, Amelia had a really bad day. Her sales report had an error, and she was reamed-out for an hour and a half by her boss, then mocked in a group meeting. She was so beyond sad that she just wanted to get into bed. I know the drill, so I got her brush and blanket while she got her secret squirrel onsie pajamas. She laid down, I wrapped her up, turned out the light and brushed her hair. Problem is, her sister saw. I closed the door over but didn't shut it. I didn't really put two-and-two together and forgot we had company.

My SIL acted weird all night. She kept asking why Amelia wasn't allowed out (she was asleep), and then very quickly departed to the guestroom. I guess she called her mother and described what she saw - her description was off, way off. My MIL spoke with Amelia which spiraled into a "family meeting" (I hate those). It came out that the way Amelia deals with stress is by engaging in those activities as she finds them comforting, etc. My SIL think it's beyond weird. She left the apartment (which is a blessing) and has declined to speak with Amelia. She thinks we're too strange and has talked to Amelia's brother about how we shouldn't babysit. So far, her brother doesn't seem bothered and Amelia will get to watch them on Saturday.

But, are we weird? Do we have a pathological relationship? I feel like this is how Amelia deals with stress, which is perfectly healthy. Her colleagues usually turn to booze and sleeping pills to get through the week. Instead, she likes to have her hair brushed while I sing some goofy song to her. That isn't so nuts, right?

tl;dr: My wife likes to be swaddled, have her hair brushed and suck her thumb to deal with an incredibly stressful job. My SIL found-out and thinks that we're strange (as I indulge my fiancée in all of this) and is cutting us out. I don't think we're so strange and think this is really not all that weird, but I really could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

It's nuts and creepy as hell.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
If you cut out the thumb sucking and don't call it "swaddling" it would be completely normal.

However...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boss Baby 2: Crawling the Corporate Ladder

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

It's nuts and creepy as hell.

It's worth reading the comments https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/698gsz/my_fianc%C3%A9e_27f_has_some_peculiar_habits_that_i/ everyone is saying its normal and posting the creepy stuff they do.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

putrid aidsman posted:

It's worth reading the comments https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/698gsz/my_fianc%C3%A9e_27f_has_some_peculiar_habits_that_i/ everyone is saying its normal and posting the creepy stuff they do.

Modern society has broken everyone. Everyone is so god damned broken.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What Ive learned most here is light up unicorn slippers come in adult sizes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
fellow americans, you know how you have that little shoulder republican and that little shoulder democrat, and even if you try to stick with your little shoulder democrat sometimes something happens and the little shoulder republican does a little fistpump because it thinks that this assignment might not be so impossible after all

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Who cares what people get up to in the comforts of privacy? She's not forcing this on her co workers or family, she's doing it in private.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [34 F] with my [38 M] Husband, His anger terrifies me

quote:

My husband has been sort of off the last few weeks, just down. I'm not sure how to describe it. Last night we were sitting on the couch and he asked me to watch a video he thought was funny on his phone. I'm sitting there waiting and then finally he starts showing me the shake it off cop video. I said, "Oh, I'm not watching that, it's staged and stupid." Which was rude but apparently he was so upset over it he threw his phone down on the floor. I said I was sorry but he still had this furrowed brow and he was looking at me like he hates me.

We've been together for over 12 years, this isn't the first time I've hurt his feelings over something that seems insignificant. Well it snowballed from there to him throwing the coffee table and yelling at me about how he's going to kill me if I don't let him see his daughter from a previous relationship. For the record, I never said this. I wouldn't say that.

We happen to have this 4 foot long sword, it's like a prop sword, well he goes into the room to get it, I literally have no idea what he's thinking. At this point our kids both wake up and I'm holding just under the hilt of the sword trying to get it away from him. Our 8 year old child is screaming at this point, and I got the sword away from him and grabbed the phone to call 911. Somehow I hit redial or something and the call didn't go through. After that it's like a blur, I just kept asking him wtf he was thinking, what's the actual problem.

At some time in there he was muttering, "I've always wanted to go out this way." And he was talking about killing a guy that sells drugs on our street. It was so disturbing
Needless to say, I'm terrified. I don't remember him ever saying he'd kill me before. This isn't normal and I don't know what to do. I really can't leave him. I'm scared to bring it up to my parents because I don't know what long term solution that will provide. I'm just, idk. I fell asleep last night pretty sure I wouldn't wake up.

But then this morning he's like, everything is fine.
tl:dr husband freaked out last night over me not wanting to watch a youtube video, threatened to kill me and terrified our children, now acts like it was nothing even though my trust in him is shattered.

If only there was some way to beat this relationship into a plowshare.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

Modern society has broken everyone. Everyone is so god damned broken.

You know I get where you're coming from, and a lot of people say this, but I'm 99.9% sure that people were always broken as hell. We adapt to any social and economic environment that faces us, but the truth is we're only okay at that. I think the most that anyone can say is that maybe in the past we didn't have the time to explore the specific ways in which each of us is totally hosed up and broken because most of us were too busy fulfilling the taxing every day requirements that we had to fulfill in order to Not Die. But rest assured, the moment any motherfucker got enough money or status to have some free time, the poo poo doth flow.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Panfilo posted:

Who cares what people get up to in the comforts of privacy? She's not forcing this on her co workers or family, she's doing it in private.

why do internet kinksters have such a hard time threading the needle of "it probably shouldn't be illegal" and "that doesn't mean it's illegal for other people to get weirded out"

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I (21M) agreed with 21f GF to "save it for marriage. Now I want to start sex before marriage.

quote:

I (21M) and my 21F GF are in our last year of college. We are both technically virgins, but have been cuddling and messing around (my hands in her pants, bringing her to orgasm with my finger). A couple of months ago we decided to get married shortly after graduation. The date (in June) is now set and plans are made.
We have known each other for four years and have dated (dinner, movies, etc. for about a year. Things got serious in about two months ago.
I agreed back then to save actual sex (putting it in) until we were married. However, things are progressing rapidly. She is now on the bc pill to keep her periods on schedule and to make sure she has no side effect.
I would like to go ahead with intercourse but she still wants to wait. Of course, I won't do anything without her consent.
Am I wrong? How can I get her to agree to intercourse? Or should we wait?
tl;dr: 21m engaged, she (21f)wants to wait until marriage, I don't.

Comments are a mixture of "just ask her if she wants to have sex" and "why are you getting married 2 months after starting to get serious"

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Joan of Arc was just Alex Jones with a horse and a lot of bored, stupid people sitting around.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

putrid aidsman posted:

My fiancée [27/F] has some peculiar habits that I [25/M] find endearing. Her sister oversaw and thinks I'm it's a big problem/are we crazy?

My fiancée "Amelia" [27/F] makes all the money in our relationship - she works in a high-pressure sales role for a big financial company. She pays our bills, covers my end (I'm in law school) and pays for our dates - for now I'm a kept man. Thing is, she hates sales, is always under extreme pressure, chewing tums and constantly worried. It begins Sunday night and she's stressed until Friday at 5:00. She does the job because she makes good money and can keep us afloat. Otherwise, she would have quit. She's making a big sacrifice for us. I am absolutely indebted to her.

As a result of the stress, she has some.... odd.... habits. She's a tall, poised, well put together business woman - she is always elegant, with make-up and perfectly done hair; but, behind the scenes at home, can sort of 'revert.' She sucks her thumb and wears her "blankie"/onsie PJs while watching TV; she will swaddle herself (or get me to swaddle her) so she can stay "toasty" and will sit there with Netflix for hours on end; she has me brush her hair while we study (she helps me with that) or are sitting around. When we watch our nieces (usually once or twice a month) my fiancée goes into full-on mode and will indulge their fantasies and play princess with them for hours. I get it, I really do. Amelia works in a pressure cooker and is doing it for us. She needs an outlet, so, while I would normally think she might be a bit off; I get it. I even partake - if I want to watch a movie and she's buzzing around, I'll use my powers to sedate her - massaging her head while she's wrapped in blankets on the couch? 20 minutes later and I could jackhammer and she wouldn't wake-up.
she

she's perfect

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

You know I get where you're coming from, and a lot of people say this, but I'm 99.9% sure that people were always broken as hell. We adapt to any social and economic environment that faces us, but the truth is we're only okay at that. I think the most that anyone can say is that maybe in the past we didn't have the time to explore the specific ways in which each of us is totally hosed up and broken because most of us were too busy fulfilling the taxing every day requirements that we had to fulfill in order to Not Die. But rest assured, the moment any motherfucker got enough money or status to have some free time, the poo poo doth flow.

I was thinking just today about how Louis XVI of France basically ate himself into a stupor every day because he was stressed out and miserable.

That said, he still never used the word "revert" to refer to himself dressing as a peepee poopoo baby who needs brushie brushie and nummies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

Joan of Arc was just Alex Jones with a horse and a lot of bored, stupid people sitting around.

And Alex Jones is just Alex Jones without a horse and a lot of bored, stupid people sitting around. Which really goes to show you the value of a good horse.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pick posted:

I was thinking just today about how Louis XVI of France basically ate himself into a stupor every day because he was stressed out and miserable.

That said, he still never used the word "revert" to refer to himself dressing as a peepee poopoo baby who needs brushie brushie and nummies.

I frequently think about how Henry I died because he ate too many lampreys

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

:negative:

I'm probably encouraging my daughter to join a convent just so she doesn't run into someone who knows what 'prep the bull' means

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

I mean, as far as you know; royalty had the benefit of a more discreet class of biographers than Redditors.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

You don't know that. He might have! And if he didn't, someone else probably did. Romans were super fuckin' weird and only about 1 or 2% of everything they ever wrote down or did has survived to this day. There's a cache of weirdo diapers just waiting to be unearthed.

Anyway, content:

Me [27 F] with my SO [28 M] five years, he shared a bed with another girl every weekend for around 6 months, with me in the next room.;text=. **tl;dr**: After he spent six months sharing a bed with someone else, but having sex with me, should I move to Canada with him?

quote:

My SO [M 29] shared a bed with another girl every weekend for around 6 months, with me in the next room.
It started about December. One day he went on a night out and didn’t come back. I found out later he had been playing video games with a girl all night. She was bi and had had a long term girlfriend so I didn’t think too much of it.
Then I went home for Christmas and when I came back she was there, in the flat we had bought together, and it was obvious she had stayed over. I felt bad for leaving him over Christmas so just left it. But the seal was broken.
Not long after that she started coming over every Friday and Saturday night with her PS4. They would play Dark Souls (and other games!) until the early hours, pull out the sofa bed and sleep, fully clothed I might add.
Whilst this was happening I would sit in the living room, by myself, watching Netflix or whatever. I would go to bed long before them. He would say that he didn’t want to wake me so would stay in the other room.
At its worst we went on holiday as a three, I would sleep alone and they shared a room or a tent. He tried to get me to share with her and him alone but I refused to do that. At best we would all play video games together but I still went to bed alone.
The worst bit about it was that she didn’t even seem to realise we were a couple. I felt I actually had to censor myself in front of her. He would argue that he liked his privacy.
I could write more but want to keep it snappy.
He now lives in Canada and wants me to go out and join him. He says he is sorry, he was a dick, he has changed and he loves me. Should I go out and join him?
TL;DR; After he spent six months sharing a bed with someone else, sometimes referring to me as his flatmate, but having sex with me, should I move to Canada with him?

Further proof that there is no bottom to human stupidity.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

NomChompsky posted:

Also, people used to keep their brokenness in stone cold silence, only shared with the people they engaged in their weirds with.

Now instead of thinking they're the only person on the planet who wants to gently caress a tutu with a baseball bat, they can find large communities that make them think this is something they should share with everyone & nobody will ever be creeped out by it(and if anyone is creeped out by it, it's because they're not sex positive, not because you're an oversharing weirdo).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

I (21M) agreed with 21f GF to "save it for marriage. Now I want to start sex before marriage"

Reading this post feels like watching a car crash happen and knowning no matter what I do or say nothing is going to end well.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Nazzadan posted:

I (21M) agreed with 21f GF to "save it for marriage. Now I want to start sex before marriage.

Comments are a mixture of "just ask her if she wants to have sex" and "why are you getting married 2 months after starting to get serious"

This guy is desperate to get his dick wet and is gonna wind up miserable when his frigid religion - damaged bride locks up the cookie jar forever.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I mean, as far as you know; royalty had the benefit of a more discreet class of biographers than Redditors.

But if royalty had done it, it would have been cool, like blackening your teeth like Elizabeth I because her teeth were rotted from eating so much sugary crap.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
A future generation will have to contend with parents who watched 2 girls 1 cup stone faced, Berth El Pup, and Bad Dragon resellers. Imagine what edgy poo poo they'll get into.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Panfilo posted:

A future generation will have to contend with parents who watched 2 girls 1 cup stone faced, Berth El Pup, and Bad Dragon resellers. Imagine what edgy poo poo they'll get into.

by the time they hit puberty they'll just be thoroughly bored with all forms of sex and devote themselves to the pursuit of pure intellect

this is how we evolve into the 2001 starchild, except in the end the big floating fetus winds up poopsocking WoW until the heat death of the universe

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 4, 2017

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

But if royalty had done it, it would have been cool, like blackening your teeth like Elizabeth I because her teeth were rotted from eating so much sugary crap.

Ehhh, to a point. Edward II fuckin' dudes wasn't cool. Not with anyone. That's why they shoved a red hot poker up his poop chute. Royal "eccentricities" were always precariously balanced between becoming fashionable and their limbs being removed amidst an angry crowd.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Theyll end up being into reliably satisfactory sex in small list of prefab positions agreed on ahead of time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

I am a sex weird to the extent that the trait I find most sexy in a partner is perceived long term compatibility and trust

So niche that PornHub doesn't even have a category for it.

Pick posted:

That's just the default state of monarchy.

COME ON PEOPLE
let's palate cleanse; have someone who may yet turn out normal, if perhaps denser than a neutron star.

What does this girl [16F] thinks of me [16M] when she says I'm cute?

quote:

So, yesterday in class we played a game where everyone had to take a paper, write his/her name on it and give it to the next person, then he/she had to write down what does she/he like about the person, then give it to the next and so on... So at the end when I got back my paper and I started reading it what the others like about me , somebody wrote "Mark:) (that's my name) you're very cute, I like you :) stay always this kind!" At first I didn't know who wrote this but it made me very happy. Then later that day a girl asked "could you find out which did I wrote? It was kind of hard to find out , though... I wrote the "stay like this" one.." I was a bit surprised after that... I think she is in a "higher" level or idk... I'm just a nerd, but she is always with the "cool kids" What do you think? tl;dr In a game a girl called me "cute and kind" but I don't know what she really meant

GUYS WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN A GIRL SAYS IM CUTE???

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

Ehhh, to a point. Edward II fuckin' dudes wasn't cool. Not with anyone. That's why they shoved a red hot poker up his poop chute. Royal "eccentricities" were always precariously balanced between becoming fashionable and their limbs being removed amidst an angry crowd.

Edward II Girls I Cup

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

fruit on the bottom posted:

let's palate cleanse

Oh yes, i got something for your palate.

My [25 F] with my boyfriend [26 M] and his friends [20s M] ate all the hot dogs the night before house-warming BBQ

quote:

Throwaway because bf knows my account name.
I feel silly even typing this so I will keep it short. I have been dating "Tim" for 3 years and we have had a good relationship. We are emotionally compatible, we have the same exercise and dietary habits, and have a good sex life. We just signed a lease last month on a condimunium and have not had a house-warming yet because we had still been moving in. I decided I would host a Memorial Day BBQ! Our plan was to have some close friends stay over Sunday night and on Monday we would have more friends and our families over. I have a large extended family so it was a big deal to me.

Saturday we went to the store and picked up all the regular simple BBQ foods- burgers, hot dogs, chips, and I was going to make macaroni salad and other sides. The Sunday night crowd all got pretty drunk because we had a keg and everyone was staying over. The girls all went to bed before the boys, who stayed up late. I slept through it.

Family and friends started showing up the next morning (to the boys' credit, not much cleaning was needed the next morning) but when I started getting food out, all the hot dogs were gone! It turns out Tim suggested having a hot dog contest the night before and ate 50 hot dogs!! Aside from how horrifyingly disgusting that is, Tim tried to explain that it wasn't a big deal because he won the contest. I don't get how he could appreciate such a gluttonous reward, let alone try to explain why eating all the hot dogs before a BBQ that he knew was important to me was okay!

I was upset and a few family members asked if I was okay and I just said I was. Tim and I got into a bigger fight about it while cleaning up after the BBQ. He just kept saying it was not a big deal and that I shouldn't be so mad about it because they were just having a good time.
Reddit! Am I over reacting? It seems so weird to get into such a big fight over hot dogs but his reaction to me being upset is a red flag to me.

tl;dr: Boyfriend and I were having a Memorial Day house-warming BBQ for friends and family. He and his friends ate all the hot dogs in a "hot dog eating contest" the night before. He doesn't get why I'm mad.

EDIT: Since a few of the early comments asked, he only offered to replace the hot dogs after I found out they were gone and friends and family were showing up. Immediately after he offered his friend volunteered to go instead since he felt guilty that he was part of the contest as well and Tim's family was arriving. He had plenty of time in the morning to replace them before I found out though

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Edward II Elizabeth I Cup

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

NomChompsky posted:

That's why they shoved a red hot poker up his poop chute.

and now the descendants of the same people can just stay home and watch anime characters or possibly Russian white slavers cauterize each other's assholes to relatively little harm, who says modernity's all bad.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

dudeness posted:

Oh yes, i got something for your palate.

My [25 F] with my boyfriend [26 M] and his friends [20s M] ate all the hot dogs the night before house-warming BBQ

Haha yeeesss

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

FIFTY GOD DAMNED HOT DOGS?!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
The comments on that thumb sucking story are horrifying Jesus Christ

quote:

Sounds like you essentially have elements of a ageplay/DDlg fetish relationship. There's nothing wrong with that, but you have to understand that it will weird some people out (just like if you were acting out dom-sub in public), so you might want to be careful about how public you are practicting this. I would recommend the book "Ageplay: From Diapers to Diplomas" if you want to learn more about how other people who incorporate this into their lives.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

The comments on that thumb sucking story are horrifying Jesus Christ

please do not encourage people to get phds in ageplay, amateur level expertise is bad enough

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
As it happens, I did my dissertation on diaperplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
no! no, brett, no! a child of 3 years has a vocabulary no larger than 300 words. would "cotton" be a member of such a small word set? highly. fuckin. unlikely. now call it a "fluff whee" like someone who knows what the gently caress he is doing BRETT