Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Always buy from China: phone glass protectors and cases- the shops sell this poo poo at a huge markup.

E: anyone got lucky with the card game? I only get 2 coins back and a 1$-2$ coupon for stuff I don't want.

I mostly get a fuckton of coupons for weaves. Every so often I get lucky and hit enough to put me just a bit ahead on coins. Got like 2500 or so now, but most of them came from the 7th anniversary games.

Duh Ugh fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

dregan posted:

(it did load up then went to that page, I guess Ali is just looking out for me and my anus)
AE has an abstract goatse 404 page?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Thanks for the headphone and charging wire impressions!

SelenicMartian posted:

AE has an abstract goatse 404 page?

No ring.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
My package came in I'll post some pics after work

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

Someone asked me to post seed pics, but unfortunately I haven't been cataloguing their development super well!

In Oregon, the weather has been cold and lovely and also I'm a bad plant mom. But anyway germination rate was like 95%, which surprised me, but the sprouts mostly languished in apathy hell.

I told my dad to have a space made for my aliexpress seeds so I could see what happens. It's in the faaar back so if they accidentally sold me real titty gourd seeds, my shame will be hidden from the world.

So here's some cucumber sprouts and stuff I put in. Some tomatoes are in too. Everything seems to be coming in as the plant promised but, like I always say, there's still time to be disappointed!

It was me thank you! I'm excited to see the titty gourds

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Always buy from China: phone glass protectors and cases- the shops sell this poo poo at a huge markup.

E: anyone got lucky with the card game? I only get 2 coins back and a 1$-2$ coupon for stuff I don't want.

Can confirm. My phone case fits perfectly, has a nice no-slip rubber feel to it, and the cool image (three skulls stacked up with smoke whisping out of them) seems to actually be pressed into the mold rather than silkscreened. Also, when I'm fidgity, I can play with the corners, pulling them off and pushing them back on as a sort of bubble-wrap style popping satisfaction. All for around three bucks. Very happy with the purchase.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

My cool godzilla poster got here and this silk print thing is the bomb, way better material than poster paper imo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This ghost has seen some poo poo.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

This ghost has seen some poo poo.

Pac-Man wakkaed up to Inky and carefully leaned in. "If I can catch you I'm going to gently caress you." he whispered.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

My cool godzilla poster got here and this silk print thing is the bomb, way better material than poster paper imo

They are rad. What design did you get? here's mine I recently got:

Destroy All Monsters Labeled as Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

I love that they put all those dorky nametags on the monsters

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'll join the silk poster gang. Got one for the movie Labyrinth (yes the David Bowie one) and the title and description all said it was Pans Labyrinth. But it looks awesome and nicer than a normal poster. If you frame it, just know they are kind of see through, so plan your backing accordingly.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Dunno what any of this means but it looks like it's coming from an apartment

Still sealed in the anti-static packaging

Looks good! Need to figure out what to do with it next

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Does anybody have any dashcam recommendations? Given how many videos of chinadeath there are on the internet thank to dashcams I have to imagine they're decent, but at the same time I don't want to be out $100 on a dud.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're in luck, they come in from $13.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

They are rad. What design did you get? here's mine I recently got:

Destroy All Monsters Labeled as Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

I love that they put all those dorky nametags on the monsters

One of the cool Shin Godzilla ones they have, it's neat.

And to the person with the werid package address - I have one that literally has directions to the factory, like "500 meters from ling xi road South"

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 5, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Today I got a hundred tiny magnets for magneting stuff up.

The customs declaration listed them as "screws." I wonder if there's some restriction on importing magnets? I know that those buckyball magnetic ball toys became problematic after kids started eating them and getting horrible intestinal emergencies where the magnets would snap together inside their guts and constrict a fold of tissue until it died and turned septic :unsmigghh:

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

The customs declaration listed them as "screws." I wonder if there's some restriction on importing magnets? I know that those buckyball magnetic ball toys became problematic after kids started eating them and getting horrible intestinal emergencies where the magnets would snap together inside their guts and constrict a fold of tissue until it died and turned septic :unsmigghh:

idk about importing them, but those are legal again now, but maybe someone didn't tell the sellers yet.

Although usually the custom declaration is only vaguely related to whats actually in the package anyway.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cut...2787357273.html

:kimchi:

e:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gif...2641294921.html

*screeching*

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

All I see is squirrel shaped hemorrhoid pillow.

Preemptive Edit: Yes, my butt hurts, thanks for asking!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I was not expecting it at all but my claim for a refund from the store that's closed now got a response asking me to return the cart that never came, nice

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

So I know there's that rule against batteries and electronics and poo poo for a reason, but... y'all. What could go wrong.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
They use those in Chinese laser cutters I believe. K40 or something

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739294

Yeah there's an entire thread of goon adventures in cheap chinese laser cutters

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I was thinking more in the area of 'bug zapper', really, but good to know they don't just explode right away

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 5, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Duh Ugh posted:

All I see is squirrel shaped hemorrhoid pillow.

Preemptive Edit: Yes, my butt hurts, thanks for asking!

the cutest rear end pillow!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Snoo posted:

the cutest rear end pillow!

The dakimakura were like 3 pages ago!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Here you go

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
lol

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Sagebrush posted:

It's a toss up between worris about this and the person shipping it being unable to remember the word "magnets," or the spelling. I've gotten a lot of packages where the declared item name was only sort of related to the actual item.

My favorites so far are "Pins for head" for jewelry-making head pins, and "plastic meltinger" for one of those little cheap heat-using plastic sealers.

Also, I ordered a couple little (so I thought) patches during the anniversary sale, and it turns out they are A. massive and B. possibly not even patches. They're definitely not iron-ons, they have a mesh backing. I guess you sew the mesh to whatever? How do you hide the thread? If anyone knows, please tell me. I'm tempted to throw one on the back of an old denim jacket and sell it for $50 to DePop kiddies, but I dunno how to attach it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What about using double sided iron on adhesive?

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
The Dutch postal service has struck some kind of deal with AliExpress and they're going to team up to deliver orders within a week.
Gonna buy so much Chinese crap. :cool:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I probably should have mentioned it's made entirely of sequins, which I'm guessing would melt.

No, I did not think this $0.38 purchase entirely through. Which is why I'm fine with sewing it on, if that's woukd work.

Here are pics in case anyone knows how this is supposed to be attached to anything

Front (it's like 10" long and 8" wide lmao)

Front detail of edges

Back

Back detail of edges

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Trim the excess mesh and sew it in from behind, you should be able to sew into the mesh without it showing at the front.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Are you sure the mesh isn't some sort of iron-on glue? It looks vaguely plasticy and like that mesh iron-on seam tape.
You can try putting it on the outside of the fabric and then ironing on the inside of the fabric, if that makes sense. Otherwise just sew it from the back and make sure to pierce only the mesh and not the entire patch.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Ordered a RAZER DEATHADDER 100% ORIGINAL MOUSE LOWEST PRICE for 22 dollars. I hope it wont be an actual dead adder in the box.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

could you use a black thread and sew on the black sequin outline? like in and out through the sequins.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
I'm a big cyclist, and just had a fever dream about making a bike with a light show on it. Bonus points if it synchs with my bluetooth speaker.

Any of you nerds have advice?

Edit: advice on what sort of hardware/etc I'll need. I have a rough design in my head.

Double edit: I have experience with soldering, and some light wiring in a theater setting, but haven't worked with any sort of LEDs, or programming not using a theatrical light board.

FreakerByTheSpeaker fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 5, 2017

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

RocketSurgeon posted:

Ordered a RAZER DEATHADDER 100% ORIGINAL MOUSE LOWEST PRICE for 22 dollars. I hope it wont be an actual dead adder in the box.

Skip all the hassle of buying a fake Razer product on American ebay and just jump right to the source.

Honestly can't believe how many people i know who say their mice suck but have only ever hot the totally legit 25 dollar one on eBay.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

I'm a big cyclist, and just had a fever dream about making a bike with a light show on it. Bonus points if it synchs with my bluetooth speaker.

Any of you nerds have advice?

Edit: advice on what sort of hardware/etc I'll need. I have a rough design in my head.

Double edit: I have experience with soldering, and some light wiring in a theater setting, but haven't worked with any sort of LEDs, or programming not using a theatrical light board.

Here's a start

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bes...1d-0ff3b201a6a8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RocketSurgeon posted:

Better than a live adder.