Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How many doors are going into that bathroom? It looks like at least three.
It's more a hallway that you poo poo in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Slugworth posted:

It's more a hallway that you poo poo in.

So a hallway, then.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

So a hallway, then.

Grandpa?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I only see two. One in the left of the room, one behind the camera, reflected in the opposing mirror. The other door images are reflections of those I think.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

i can see OP building something exactly like this because one of the counters looks way bigger than the other and i'm sure the person designing it made that the "for Her"

I'm going to post my wife's bathroom, in a bit.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah my bathroom is probably even smaller. Most everyone I know lives in a tiny cramped apartment so these huge 10x10 + sized bathrooms feel cavernous to me. Personally even if I was filthy rich I'd like my bathrooms more on the cozy side of things. The few times I've used huge bathrooms I've not liked them because the room never really gets steamy enough.

I just feel weird pooping with a ton of open space around.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PittTheElder posted:

I only see two. One in the left of the room, one behind the camera, reflected in the opposing mirror. The other door images are reflections of those I think.

You can just see the frame of a third in the mirror, one on each side of the towel rack.

One entrance into the master suite, one into the hallway, and one into the builder-grade sex dungeon.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

you know how women are about bathroom doors. properties live and die based on their disproportionate door-based influence.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FoldableHuman posted:

Are you a vampire?

You aren't? Wait, this isn't the vampire subforum?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

you know how women are about bathroom doors. properties live and die based on their disproportionate door-based influence.

This is a stretch slam. For you naive virgoons.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

SoundMonkey posted:

my shower is an affront to everything OP holds dear, there's a three foot long shelf that's like 8 inches deep. i could have a shower sixpack in there and still have room for a bong.

gently caress your minimalism shelves

Oh my god, why have I never had shower cones.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I just feel weird pooping with a ton of open space around.

This is why water closets are awesome: you get to have a huge master bathroom, with a nice cozy space to poo poo in so you don't feel exposed.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Megabound posted:

Oh my god, why have I never had shower cones.

Now you know what you have to do.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I went ahead and edited my post on the first page so the best parts of what started it all don't disappear so quickly.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
Sorry, just one.

Three doors on the left side, two walk in closets with the aforementioned private pooper in the middle. Shower is direct right of camera.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium

SoundMonkey posted:

i can see OP building something exactly like this because one of the counters looks way bigger than the other and i'm sure the person designing it made that the "for Her"

To be fair to OP, wife immediately claimed bigger vanity when we toured house. Previous owners should have put in a fainting couch so I could lay her down when she caught sight of that tub though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What Im learning here is that Americans have huge bathrooms and that the British are getting a raw deal. One side of my bathroom is bath, then there is a sink, then the toilet, the door is in front of the toilet so you could open it and wave at anyone at the front door.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

learnincurve posted:

What Im learning here is that Americans have huge bathrooms and that the British are getting a raw deal. One side of my bathroom is bath, then there is a sink, then the toilet, the door is in front of the toilet so you could open it and wave at anyone at the front door.

Its pretty much why our wives made us start a new country.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Yea, bathrooms in Australia seem to be sized by "enough room to fit all the fixtures plus room to towel off"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Cru Jones posted:

To be fair to OP, wife immediately claimed bigger vanity when we toured house. Previous owners should have put in a fainting couch so I could lay her down when she caught sight of that tub though.

maybe prioritize the infinity bidet first

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

come on OP, we're all chill now, just come back and say you had a bad opinion and maybe get some more extremely timely advice on wherever your project's at right now

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SoundMonkey posted:

come on OP, we're all chill now, just come back and say you had a bad opinion and maybe get some more extremely timely advice on wherever your project's at right now

*anxiously hovers cursor near photoshop.exe*

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Late to the party, but looking at​ the before picture and the render of what he wanted it to look like made me immediately question the guy's taste, never mind structural damage and mold. A beautiful, open and well lit bathroom with an abundance of space for two adults replaced with something that frankly looks like a hotel bathroom from a lovely resort.

Then again he's an engineer, so his rational powers of super logic and insight into the minds of "females" is far superior than mine.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Breetai posted:

Late to the party, but looking at​ the before picture and the render of what he wanted it to look like made me immediately question the guy's taste, never mind structural damage and mold. A beautiful, open and well lit bathroom with an abundance of space for two adults replaced with something that frankly looks like a hotel bathroom from a lovely resort.

Then again he's an engineer, so his rational powers of super logic and insight into the minds of "females" is far superior than mine.

i have a bathroom roughly 1/10th that size and it's more functional than OP's render

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

:siren: mod bathroom leak :siren:

(although not an actual leak unlike OP's shitter)

yeah gently caress your little cubbyholes in the wall. and this poo poo's very gently angled towards the shower so it doesn't collect water and become a mushroom farm.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

SoundMonkey posted:

yeah gently caress your little cubbyholes in the wall. and this poo poo's very gently angled towards the shower so it doesn't collect water and become a mushroom farm.

Put your toothbrush in a holder or at least a cup you reprobate.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Breetai posted:

Put your toothbrush in a holder or at least a cup you reprobate.

i accidentally threw out my toothbrush mug when i moved and i haven't installed the shelf over the sink yet OKAY

edit: for reference the sink is like RIGHT THERE on the left and has no counter space because it's small and yet still somehow i survive and don't grow mold

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 09:30 on May 5, 2017

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Look at all these fancy bathrooms with such extravagances like "enough room for two adults to stand in" and "floors that aren't constantly wet"

Look upon my works and despair.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Granite Octopus posted:

Yea, bathrooms in Australia seem to be sized by "enough room to fit all the fixtures plus room to towel off"

I know this is not Australia because the toilet is in the same room as the sink.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

I know this is not Australia because the toilet is in the same room as the sink.

The one above you is Australia too.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

aperion posted:

I went ahead and edited my post on the first page so the best parts of what started it all don't disappear so quickly.

But you didn't rehost the pictures.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

SoundMonkey posted:

Brushing your teeth in the shower? Crazy talk. I guess I'll post my bathroom when I get home tonight.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Seminal Flu posted:

But you didn't rehost the pictures.

I got page 1, the biggest picture page.

http://m.imgur.com/a/bLEoF
E: i put the rest of the images up to page 12 on there

Also I brush in the shower with ugly 3D lrinted caddies holding my brush up on the edge of the shower stall door.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 5, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Granite Octopus posted:

That's about the size of my (American, built 100 years ago) bathroom except there's a wall between the shower/tub and toilet because that's where the water supply runs. I find it to be comfortably hidden although anyone above 35 BMI might not fit.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I brush my teeth in the shower too. Efficiency motherfucker.
Getting two birds stoned at once.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

just read this gem, and found the wrongest thing OP posted

bEatmstrJ posted:

I can handle the wrath of the internet.

that plus lots of weird antagonism and entitlement to free help so long as that help is what he wants to hear almost makes the dank bathroom cave with a collapsible floor an afterlol

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Did anyone back up the images in case he deletes them from his website?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Canned Panda posted:

Did anyone back up the images in case he deletes them from his website?

Four posts up

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Going to take this opportunity to ask for advice on my own possible bathroom renovation that I will be not doing myself. I'll try to edit in or post pics later, but here's the summary.

House was built in 1994. All one level except for a bonus room over the garage. I'm pretty sure everything but the fixtures, tile, and toilet are original. The cabinets are BUILDER-GRADE, dark cheap wood. They're also short. Most newer bathrooms I see now have taller bathroom counters so the sink sits up higher. The floor is travertine, but it probably wasn't put in well. It has several cracked tiles. The shower/tub is an insert with a small slit window above it (only window in the bathroom). The insert is wedged in between his and her closets. Pooper is in a little alcove by itself. Basically a water closet without a door.

Here's what I want to change in order of priority, but most of the changes can't be mutually exclusive:

1. Replace insert with a garden tub (Wife requested, OP!). Not 100% sure it would fit in that space, but I think it's likely. Purpose for renovating at all falls apart if we can't get a bigger tub.

2. Replace counters and cabinets, which creates some additional tasks

2a. Move mirror and light fixture right above mirror up.

2b. Some plumbing needed.

3. Unfortunately all of this is probably going to make replacing the travertine if not necessary, then highly advisable.

4. If I re-tile, then the toilet needs to get resettled or replaced.

5. And here's the big quality of life upgrade: Replace the slit window above the tub with a real, bigger window. Tile up the walls to meet the window.

We plan on staying here at least another 5 yrs. This will be for enjoyment, not resale value. Anybody have a guesstimate about the final price tag for this? The tub itself probably costs about $750 minimum, not counting install. I figure re-tiling is $1000 minimum (materials and labor combined). Cost and install on counters, $1k minimum. No idea about the window and minor plumbing/electrical work. Over $5k total is where I start to lose interest in doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I recommend you begin cutting holes in everything in sight immediately.

Research is for pansy idiot suckers and dorks.

• Locked thread