Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

NihilCredo posted:

Is there a Bushwacker build that isn't poo poo? I like chicken walker mechs.

Skoll posted:

Ask Rysith. He's the Bushwhacker Whisperer.

Yes, I enjoy devoting unholy amounts of time to mechs that should arguably be awful, but aren't.
BUSHWACKER 4 LYFE
(Beware lovely-looking armor values, the quirks are huge and it spreads damage like a mother)

"Little Bastard"
BSW-X2

"Get It The gently caress Off Me"
BSW-X1

"gently caress All Lights"
BSW-S2

"I Can Splat Too!"
BSW-P2

"Why Won't The LRMs Stop"
BSW-P1

e: all of these were adjusted to elite skills and double basics, minor tweaks may be required for general usability
ee: yes i go through all that ammo. on all of them. pretty regularly.

Rysithusiku fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
24,500,000 Cbills

925 MC

44 cache keys

2 mechbays

Only need to win 8 scout modes and only one prize tree needs anything but scouting.

All people need to do is get match score for prizes, IDGAF about leaderboards

Grognan fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 5, 2017

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Anyone able to send me a unit invite so I can do silly event thing?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Anyone able to send me a unit invite so I can do silly event thing?

What's your ingame?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nymh

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sent.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah, doing some basic math all you need is to average a little over 2 CW matches per day of the event and get something like 800 match score total between them to max out the rewards. It's certainly an investment, but not nuts, and if you max out the higher ranked rewards theres some serious MC in play.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, doing some basic math all you need is to average a little over 2 CW matches per day of the event and get something like 800 match score total between them to max out the rewards. It's certainly an investment, but not nuts, and if you max out the higher ranked rewards theres some serious MC in play.

also, you can get it all in scouting except for the participation one

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Some of the Tukayawhatever rewards are supply cache keys. Which are worthless unless you get supply caches, which are random and nearly impossible to get. And you can get like 35 of the things. That you cant use. What

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Lol supply caches are not impossible to get. I'm sitting on a dozen of the damned things and that's after selling any that didn't have a mech that I either wanted or was worth selling.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Last time I looked I had over 60 caches because :effort:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think the only reason I had LRMs for my kitfox the other day was from like one of three caches that i opened

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yes, I was running an LRM kit fox don't hate

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

We ran an LRM/narc lance tonight and did extremely well. Teamwork OP.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah thats what I was doing haha. its fun then everyone drops after losing a round :(

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When we got 5+ we can make it work better.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

That's pretty legit to be honest. You can fit at many LRMs as a Catapult with 1200 rounds of ammo on a Kitfox and have a TAG. For a mech that's 30 tons and moves 100something KPH that's not so bad. It does good damage for a 30 ton mech and you're not depriving your team of armor or the ability to draw fire any more than you otherwise would, and you can still take ECM so you can shield a teammate or two while you do it.

It's one thing to waste a heavy or assault slot for your team making GBS threads it up with LRMs, but on a Kitfox? Yeah, loving do it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it was my only mech with missile slots haha

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I'm down for some scouting, I actually bought and mastered the GRF-3M and GRF-2N in preparation for a CW event.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=128&l=5e91ee24f99a315aff4e9b9bdf97549881d33128
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=300&l=19eb7ea94a2d48b550f8ae423471935f097f6721

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Thanks dude. I like the deadsiding AC/20 + 4MLs the most, but I have a bunch of similar mechs already so think I'll go with the SRM/MG/LPL because that's a pretty unique build for the Inner Sphere.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Is it better to run the griff 2n with srm 4? I go all in on SRM 6's with 2 jj's, 1 heatsink, and armored arms in pub queue, just felt way underpowered with the 4's. Not sure if that translates to scouting

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

Is it better to run the griff 2n with srm 4? I go all in on SRM 6's with 2 jj's, 1 heatsink, and armored arms in pub queue, just felt way underpowered with the 4's. Not sure if that translates to scouting

Keep the 6s. In scouting, an alpha will delete a component on any Clan mech.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hey neat they added the marauder IIC? Is it good? Are any lights good anymore or what

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

various cheeses posted:

Hey neat they added the marauder IIC? Is it good? Are any lights good anymore or what

Yes the Marauder IIC is very good. Most of them, anyways. A, Scorch, and Prime are stand out examples.

Arctic Cheetahs and Locusts are still reliably good for now.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Huh maybe I'll update it and give it another shot. It's been about a year. Am I still in WoL?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Yes the Marauder IIC is very good. Most of them, anyways. A, Scorch, and Prime are stand out examples.

You left out the D, which is better than the Scorch IMO. And the MAD IIC isn't an Omni, it doesn't have a Prime.

various cheeses posted:

Huh maybe I'll update it and give it another shot. It's been about a year. Am I still in WoL?

I don't remember. If you're not, you're going to have to ask Great Beer or Aves for an invite since I won't be at my PC for a week.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 5, 2017

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Skoll posted:

Keep the 6s. In scouting, an alpha will delete a component on any Clan mech.

Thank's, didn't know that, I'll rebuild it tonight.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

various cheeses posted:

Arguably the best assault in the game.

best lights are the cheeta and.... wait for it... the locust!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

gently caress do I hate Locusts. They're not even a huge threat, but they are infuriating. I suppose that's exactly the what the mech should be, but still!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Locusts absolutely are a huge threat to assaults

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

NihilCredo posted:

Thanks dude. I like the deadsiding AC/20 + 4MLs the most, but I have a bunch of similar mechs already so think I'll go with the SRM/MG/LPL because that's a pretty unique build for the Inner Sphere.

That one's probably the hardest to get used to out of all of them, because it's all about opportunity. Yes you can facefight an assault and probably win (if you carve components well) but you'll get trashed doing it.
On the other hand, if you play the consummate 2nd line fire support, you will wreak unholy hell the whole game. I've carved 19 components in a single match with it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Skippy McPants posted:

gently caress do I hate Locusts. They're not even a huge threat, but they are infuriating. I suppose that's exactly the what the mech should be, but still!

Ever got harassed by a locust while in a SRM assault like the stalker STK-5M or CP-10-Q? It's pretty much the worst mech you could face in one of those.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Does pgi still charge a lot of cbills for merc groups who have lots of people? I'll probably join for the event but not if the cost is obscene.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Those bushwackers look like the inner sphere crow to me now, with those builds.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Too bad the bushwacker model is loving hideous.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Great Beer posted:

Too bad the bushwacker model is loving hideous.

I'll agree that the hero is hideous, with the cartoon colours that don't really work in 3D. The model is fine though, i think it looks good. Like i said, I'm a sucker for chicken walkers.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Freakazoid_ posted:

Does pgi still charge a lot of cbills for merc groups who have lots of people? I'll probably join for the event but not if the cost is obscene.

Just create your own and pick whichever side. Most of the grouping happens on mumble vs the units.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

veedubfreak posted:

Just create your own and pick whichever side. Most of the grouping happens on mumble vs the units.

Will you be on tonight veedub?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

TjyvTompa posted:

Will you be on tonight veedub?

I'll check in, if theres people i might jump in for some scouting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

I'll agree that the hero is hideous, with the cartoon colours that don't really work in 3D. The model is fine though, i think it looks good. Like i said, I'm a sucker for chicken walkers.

From the back it looks like a palm tree with arms. That tumor sticking out of the shoulders looks awful.

• Locked thread