Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

Thinking of giving this game another whirl as other mobile games lose their shine. Does anyone know if there's a way to reset my account and start from level 1? I'd prefer to be just starting from scratch on a new shard, rather than be lapped for like half a year's worth of content by everyone on my old shard

Definitely don't try to continue your old account. I took almost 6 months off and it makes the game really frustrating even though I'm still dragging along the corpse of my original account.

I started a new alt account and it's kind of nice to get a fresh start to build your teams along the lines of the way the game works now even though some of the event characters were nice to have (Nihilus, especially). On the flip side, you get free unlocks of a lot of the pilot characters and tons of ally points to help you build of shards of the less-coveted but still useful characters. If you're not paying anything to play, though, don't expect to rocket into the top 5 teams on your shard or anything, which is the real benefit of having a new account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Beefed up RGs mods and after 3 restarts I got Chirpatine to work today. Only got in 260k but it was pretty awesome.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Just got 760k from mine. Had a perfect opening, 6, no resists, and my chirpa assist called palp to boot!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I've successfully started my new account and gotten into the rhythm of things, so I was hoping someone could please give a quick overview of the first characters I ought to be trying to farm from each source

Additionally, if anyone has a friend list slot to spare, please add me at 334-575-634. Thank you so much, Star Wars goons

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The OP is still pretty accurate. Rebels and Scoundrels. OP lists who and where.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ticket generation in Something Maulful seems to have lost steam. We're almost to 60k. My hope was that we could get to max (150k), but at this point I say we just try to get to 90k (one free AAT), wait until we've just finished an AAT, and then immediately move over. This is still probably a week out.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there still guilds looking for members? I just added myself to the spreadsheet.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
If the thread seems a little quiet it's because most of us are active on Discord instead. Link in the OP.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Malgrin posted:

Ticket generation in Something Maulful seems to have lost steam. We're almost to 60k. My hope was that we could get to max (150k), but at this point I say we just try to get to 90k (one free AAT), wait until we've just finished an AAT, and then immediately move over. This is still probably a week out.

I'd make a second alt account to do more than 600/day for it but :effort:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Inimicul posted:

If that Mol Eliza was constantly at the bottom of the raid payouts with his flimsy Jawa team and sporadic with the guild exchange, then yeah. That was probably me. I still need to format the tablet and do that one weird trick Apple hates so I can get around the hidden chat lock for minors thingy SWGOH has.

Fake edit: I wish there was an 8x speed. Even 4x is feeling slow, but that may be hitting the hardware limits of my phone/tablet.

Haha no that was definitely not you then.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I don't think I should have to write this, but you know that "win a 7 star Shoretrooper" bundle they put in is a scam and you will change out 700 crystals for 10 sad shards and I want you to invest in anything but that.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
If any of you can't get R2 this time around feel free to add me so you can give him a whirl. He's currently stuck at gear 9 but I'll have him maxed out soon.

912-827-926

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I can't imagine any reality in which I could find myself paying $19.99 to gear/shard up snowtrooper. Like, if I won that billion dollar powerball payout from a year or so ago, I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tadashi posted:

I can't imagine any reality in which I could find myself paying $19.99 to gear/shard up snowtrooper. Like, if I won that billion dollar powerball payout from a year or so ago, I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

Under Veers leadership in a trooper squad he now crits for 40k. :v:

Which is still no reason to buy any of those overpriced packs, of course.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I bought shore. 80 of his shards is months of farming that I'm months away from starting. :shrug:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It's a good Star Wars Day when you get a full raid piece from Rancor

(Naturally, it was one where I was missing <5 pieces)

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 4, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

I bought shore. 80 of his shards is months of farming that I'm months away from starting. :shrug:

This. I will happily take an extra star on shorty today. I Can use him on normal AAT now! Get bent sun fac!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dely Apple posted:

I don't think I should have to write this, but you know that "win a 7 star Shoretrooper" bundle they put in is a scam and you will change out 700 crystals for 10 sad shards and I want you to invest in anything but that.

I bought one.

10 Royal Guard shards. :jerkbag:

Do not buy this pack. Be stronger than me :negative:

fishtobaskets posted:

If you don't have a Shore, def buy the 20 dollar pack.

If you do have a Shore... consider it? But probably don't.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I can't bring myself to spend any money on any of these packs. If I'm spending 10 to 20 bucks I better drat well be buying a 7 star character not a god drat chance at some shards.

What a scam.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wirth1000 posted:

I can't bring myself to spend any money on any of these packs. If I'm spending 10 to 20 bucks I better drat well be buying a 7 star character not a god drat chance at some shards.

What a scam.

20 bucks is for guaranteed 80 shards and a 4* shore trooper is worth it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

20 bucks is for guaranteed 80 shards and a 4* shore trooper is worth it.

This game has seriously messed with how we've value "worth"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

This game has seriously messed with how we've value "worth"

I agree.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I see through the lies of the thread! I do not fear the pulls of EA as you do! I have brought value, fairness, and 7* Shoretrooper to my new Empire team!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I was considering a Shore pack since I have him at 3* on my arena team but man $27 is steep

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dely Apple posted:

I see through the lies of the thread! I do not fear the pulls of EA as you do! I have brought value, fairness, and 7* Shoretrooper to my new Empire team!

:golfclap:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm at 76/100 Shore the natural way but goddamn it has been a grind just to max a toon for an obsolete Empire squad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

I'm at 76/100 Shore the natural way but goddamn it has been a grind just to max a toon for an obsolete Empire squad.

Wow, really? Did you rank high in both tourneys they offered him in?

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Ugh, GK and R2 unlocked on the same day and only enough gold to level one, worst event

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Do I just add people until someone accepts me so I can join a guild?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Wow, really? Did you rank high in both tourneys they offered him in?

Medium finish in the first one, I did better in the second one, but I've been banging on 9B for a long time now.

Edit: I think I bought a couple 4-shards in Shipments when I had the crystals for it, actually. But mostly natural.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

We talked about the shard packs, but are those 1000 crystal mod packs worth anything?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm new and reached the level of joining guilds.. My ally code is 379-822-169 can someone in a guild with room add me?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

We talked about the shard packs, but are those 1000 crystal mod packs worth anything?

The ones they sell in Japan are great. The ones they sell in America are poo poo, just like everything else.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

I'm new and reached the level of joining guilds.. My ally code is 379-822-169 can someone in a guild with room add me?

Add your poo poo to the spreadsheet in the OP.

We have two Goon Guilds, Qui Goon Jinn and Ima Goon Di, I think they're both full.

I think there's another mixed guild, but I'm not sure what their room situation looks like. Join some pubbie guild for now and when there's room in a goon squad, we'll get you in.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

The ones they sell in Japan are great. The ones they sell in America are poo poo, just like everything else.

Roger.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Why don't our lawmakers care about the quality of pack contents in phone games?

Failing that... why don't they care about gambling elements in video game models?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
QGJ officers and/or SenorTano: is SenorTano a goon? His guild invite request got approved but I don't remember seeing him either in this thread or discord.

I ask because RCCola (above) is looking for a guild.

e: Tano is legit. RCCola, I'll get you in ASAP. We have some idle folks but I wanna give em a few more days.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 5, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

mdemone posted:

Medium finish in the first one, I did better in the second one, but I've been banging on 9B for a long time now.

Edit: I think I bought a couple 4-shards in Shipments when I had the crystals for it, actually. But mostly natural.

How do you get past all those AOE attacks? I have a G9 to G11 rebel team and just get demolished by the constant AOE attacks on that shard.

Also, I'd pay :20bux: for a 7* Gear 8 character, but even though I'm tempted by Shore, it's a bit insulting for them to charge so much for a 4* character.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 5, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Failing that... why don't they care about gambling elements in video game models?

I honestly think the Federal Gaming Commission or whatever they're called should be involved in games with this much of a gambling aspect. Especially considering the amount of money involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Someone linked this video in Discord. It's a GW battle but still pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8AhUGD4BM