Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There are both scripted spawns, and they can generally spawn on mayhem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UnknownMercenary posted:

MIght be a scripted spawn. Same with how Hoxton Breakout day 1 used to always have a Skulldozer in the correct garage room.

they fired the skulldozer on hoxbreak d1?

gently caress, are they getting rid of the commissar too next?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

There's still always a dozer, I just think it might scale now, cause last time I played it was on OVK or Mayhem I forget and he was just a black armor dozer.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

They changed it because people used him to cheese the Man With The Golden Gun or w/e it's called achievement

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I can just picture it now: as the crew is being herded towards the parking garage, the Bulldozer's eyes light up with glee along with an ear-to-ear grin as he is handed the control room key and solemnly told "make us proud" by Commissioner Garret himself. Giddy with excitement, he decides that since this is a once-in-a-lifetime moment, he needs to make it count. Sitting down, he turns his chair away from the door to wait...

And then he gets a hailstorm of bullets to his faceplate and dies. The end.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

watho posted:

They changed it because people used him to cheese the Man With The Golden Gun or w/e it's called achievement

Still easily cheesable to just rerun the first two minutes of Meltdown a couple of times.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

This got changed long before meltdown got added though iirc

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The new revolver is cool. Visually, I mean. Statistically it isn't anything special, same in akimbo. But I *do* love using them regardless.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

The new revolver is cool. Visually, I mean. Statistically it isn't anything special, same in akimbo. But I *do* love using them regardless.

:same:

Sangres is also neat enough as another dude to run around with, especially being free.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Some of Sangres's shirts have a low spawn chance. The rarest is actually Almir's taco shirt.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Well, a gun with such high damage and high conceal is something special, but that's more if you're a build efficiency nerd. That aside, it's very well made addition. That it doesn't stand above or below is a good sign of that, even if having a new OP free content weapon would have been funny.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It's depressing that Tony and Sangres don't talk to each other in Spanish.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
So we now have a Mexican and a Cuban running loose in the DC area (mostly) robbing banks, interfering in elections and just generally causing mayhem.

Someone let Trump know!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

Some of Sangres's shirts have a low spawn chance. The rarest is actually Almir's taco shirt.

Are they card drops or armor safe drops?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

clockworkjoe posted:

Are they card drops or armor safe drops?

Pay me $4.99 and I'll tell you.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kammat posted:

So we now have a Mexican and a Cuban running loose in the DC area (mostly) robbing banks, interfering in elections and just generally causing mayhem.

Someone let Trump know!

witty comment about trump hiring the payday gang to rig the election

poo poo man i gotta get in on this akimbo revolver action, i've been waiting for this

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

I believe Vox has already expressed disappointment in how there wasn't an Election Day achievement for the Russian pack.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

spit on my clit posted:

poo poo man i gotta get in on this akimbo revolver action, i've been waiting for this

Trump famously doesn't pay his contractors the full amount or at all so that would turn the Payday gang against him. At this point, they've robbed billions from every federal bank they can. What's left to get revenge?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

clockworkjoe posted:

Trump famously doesn't pay his contractors the full amount or at all so that would turn the Payday gang against him. At this point, they've robbed billions from every federal bank they can. What's left to get revenge?

How about a heist that's just a bidding war between the left and right to get the payday gang to assault the losing party? first day puts you in a large area akin to goat sim, and the different ways you gently caress up the city changes how much one side bids in favor of you, with day 2 being you working for the winning party.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Hey Wilko:

General Winter: Force Captain Winters to retreat with damage dealt only through weapons from the Gage Russian Pack

The Hare: Clear Boiling Point on Mayhem difficulty or above with all players using only the Grom sniper rifle

Get out of here: Complete the Meltdown heist on Overkill or above with a team wearing one of each of the Russian Pack masks

Managed Democracy: Complete Election day with all players using only Gage Russian Pack weapons, and team accuracy above 75% on both days

Red Star: Complete White Xmas and Stealing Xmas on Mayhem or above with all players using the Tatonka, AK17...and no skills.

It Katyn Be: Kill 220 intimidated law enforcers with the Rezkoye

Green Man Gaming: Complete Ukrainian Job on Death Wish or above with a team wearing one of each of the Russian Pack masks...and no kills.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

clockworkjoe posted:

Kidnap his kids from Maralago. He'll only care to pay out for one for two of them though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

spit on my clit posted:

My only nit to pick is that it fires both revolvers in akimbo. True style is alternating shots.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok but really, turok dlc when?

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

ok but really, turok dlc when?

Nah, Turok's old and played out. Make it a crossover with Ark: Survival Evolved.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheObserver posted:

Nah, Turok's old and played out.

Yeah, which is why he would work perfectly in this game

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Crabtree posted:

Kidnap his kids from Maralago. He'll only care to pay out for one for two of them though.

you kill not-ivanka and the game turns on the BFFs mutator

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Coolguye posted:

you kill not-ivanka and the game turns on the BFFs mutator
No it doesn't; the dozers all lost their coverage.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
goat simulator should be its own escape heist

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
The Critic
Why everyone should be one

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfGIJkl:eDFhLr:ggIJkLnpr:fHL:ibcdea:pR8:::a1

Deck: Sicario (No reason Rogue isn't fine as well)
Primary: Concealed M1014 (Dragon's Breath Rounds)
Secondary: 5/7 AP Pistol
Additional Notes: I am also using conceal boosts on the weapons in question to meet my target concealment.

This is a One Down functional, and tested, fire crit dodge build.

The Deck
While I would recommend Sicario in LBV below OD, the mounting damage brings it more in line with the suit in OD. It also serves as a more point conservative choice than the LBV Sicario for the intense skill diversity OD can demand. On the surface it performs much like a rogue build. Take cover, depend on sprint dodge if you need to go out of cover. The Sicario, can mitigate sudden dodge failure with it's armor feedback, limiting the sudden health loss a rogue can experience. Additionally, it's smoke grenade can be a tactically vital tool, particularly when combined with jokers. Taking your initial jokers can be dangerous, but a smoke provides mobile on demand cover for it. Also good for more obvious uses of objective defending or teammate revival. Don't forget to smoke your feet when dozers drop on your hidey hole, either. A skull dozer murdering you instantly can turn in to a not totally unlikely chance to survive.

A suit sicario that is sprinting is also incredibly well defended; the first hit that takes down your 20 armor also providing an instant 20 dodge boost. Which momentarily puts you on par with a rogue build, with the additional advantage that the next dodge refreshes your armor again. Keeping in mind most enemies can't damage overflow past armor, either. It's mitigating far more than it looks like on paper.

The Guns
This setup is the true star of the build. Sicario is a good deck, but it suffers much of the same problems Rogue does in OD. A few facts first to establish our baseline thinking. Dragon's Breath uses it's own damage track that cannot be directly modified by skills, and this damage track is the same regardless of shotgun used. With dragon's breath, your shotgun blast can no longer achieve headshots. Fire ticks, however, can crit. The majority of enemy types in game cease attacking when on fire. With proper aim, multiple enemies can be set on fire with one shot. The M1014 can be made concealed, has amazing pickup, and fires quickly. It's crappy base damage ceases mattering when using DB.

The damage value per ammo spent skyrockets with a 30% crit rate per tick, and the ticks happen fast enough that several are assured per shot. The kind of damage per shot ratio involved is one weapons in this game struggle desperately to meet, and none are capable of it with this kind of ammo pickup. The enemy will not die instantly, but an enemy who cannot attack might as well be dead. There are exceptions, granted. Medics, dozers, and shields will not become stunned by fire ticks at all. Cloakers will have their charge interrupted per tick, but standing close enough means they can sneak in a spin kick just fine. Your own list of kills will be low, but the control value across your team can be felt immediately. Not only will they not be attacked, you won't be, and anything on fire is easy pickings for your team.

It also frees up many points. You don't need any damage related shotgun skills, as none will effect your fire ticks. Just a few shotgun utility skills. You also can't headshot anymore, so 20 armor per headshot is a pointless investment. Put these saved points in other luxuries OD doesn't usually afford you. Oh and the 5/7 ruins shields, captain winters, and dozers without mercy. It's ammo pickup is terrible, but you honestly shouldn't need to use it so much that it runs out.

Noted Critical Weakness
While the 5/7 will absolutely ruin a turret's armor, it's next to useless against it when the turret stops retreating to repair it's armor. DB rounds will do nothing to the turret either. Either leave the turret to one of your explosive friends, or pick when to make the turret retreat carefully.

Final Thoughts
Run down steep slopes at an angle. Not straight on.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I was in the One Down group where the fire critic trick was being used, and can attest to how good it is. Enemies who are busy being on fire don't shoot back. Dozers and Medics are the only ones I noticed that did much besides complain about being on fire while on fire. It is not difficult to repeatedly headshot enemies who aren't shooting back and mostly are flailing around upset about being on fire.

Fuuka talks up suit Sicario, but I used LBV Sicario The minimal weapon skills and need to hit 4 concealment for crits & dodge mean weapon selection is highly limited; cut-down GL40 + highly concealable SMG or highly concealable assault rifle + 5/7 are probably the two best of relatively few viable options.

I similarly don't recommend bothering with much in the way of damage skills for OD; the enemies simply have too much HP and hit too hard and too reliably to give any build much of a reasonable shot at duking it out. Crit'ing with headshots on guys who are flailing around on fire, however, works pretty good. The smoke grenade is an excellent OD throwable, especially since it is on a fairly short cooldown and can be kept active a rather lot.

LBV Sicario has the nice feature of having JUST enough armor to not have armor break entirely from a single hit; a tiny sliver of armor remains, and snipers aside, any single attack can only break your armor. Silly cops, not optimizing around our breakpoints! Effectively, you can take two hits before your armor breaks, meaning you're at +40% dodge chance, from 25% base, +10% if sprinting yields 75% chance to score a dodge and reset armor entirely is as durable as I've ever felt on OD. This is assuming no smoke grenade active which can push the dodge chance up even higher. Furthermore, the build isn't frenzerk and thus can health-tank *a* shot if it has to that fraction of the time when it does have to.

If you're missing any OD cheevos, set up some Sicario builds and get em done before it gets nerfed. As-is it's a helluva perk deck for OD. Also notable, since the whole team won't be Sicario, team-mate flashbangs are also available. Smoke + flashbangs out is the safest it's ever felt to move around on OD, Sicario or not.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I'm not sure it's actually worthy of a nerf, as it's basically a rogue who's RNG works more reliably. You won't randomly snuff it to a single cop shooting you because RNG didn't favor you, but the way the deck works insures you can be overwhelmed by enough sources of gunfire at once.

I'm afraid it will be nerfed, however, because the deck actually works in a sensible manner and isn't stuck with a gimmick that is half broken/unworking.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Well, a gun with such high damage and high conceal is something special, but that's more if you're a build efficiency nerd. That aside, it's very well made addition. That it doesn't stand above or below is a good sign of that, even if having a new OP free content weapon would have been funny.

We've had that since 2014 in the form of the Judge.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
There are numerous things wrong with the judge. I see people slobber over it, but it's not the pretty pet of the game so many think it is.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Is one of those problems that it can't hit 256 damage

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Guys, I need an update where the Payday Gang troll Captain Winters by trying to befriend and call him all the time.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Ammo count, ammo pickup, magazine size, high recoil, and all of the previous making it's high fire rate pointless. Has terrible damage fall off too. If hitting a magic number is the concern, I'm fairly sure it could do so with ease.

There's a few reasons I think people like the judge a lot, but they have to do with things you can build around other weapons as well.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Ammo count, ammo pickup, magazine size, high recoil, and all of the previous making it's high fire rate pointless. Has terrible damage fall off too. If hitting a magic number is the concern, I'm fairly sure it could do so with ease.

There's a few reasons I think people like the judge a lot, but they have to do with things you can build around other weapons as well.
When I started playing (right before the skill update to the system we have now, maybe a year ago?) the Judge was king poo poo of secondaries and is still pretty good. It obv has its drawbacks but I still like to use it from time to time and I would not be surprised if there are some people who still swear by it.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
As a relatively new join, I don't doubt I have a different perspective of certain things. I have far more option open to me than people use to. I think the judge is okay, but I can think of shotgun setups I'd much rather use. That's even ignoring the db crit build.

edit: Wait, didn't this start by weighing the worth of the castigo? It's a concealed DMR in everything but name. Concealed for no effort at that. It's not the hottest new poo poo, but I think it deserves a place in the game.

Fuuka Ayase fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 7, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fuuka Ayase posted:

edit: Wait, didn't this start by weighing the worth of the castigo? It's a concealed DMR in everything but name. Concealed for no effort at that. It's not the hottest new poo poo, but I think it deserves a place in the game.
Castigo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What happened to the Discord? I have been out of town for two weeks.