Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Silhouettes like that for the last two games have never been deliberately misleading, like Black Manta would definitely be Black Manta, at worst they've just not been very distinguishable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Please don't put Raiden in this game.

WarEternal posted:

Silhouettes like that for the last two games have never been deliberately misleading, like Black Manta would definitely be Black Manta, at worst they've just not been very distinguishable.

We got Alien instead of the sword arm guy in MKX even though the silhouette showed the latter.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Keep in mind that those obvious shadows in the image are deliberately planted there, probably to mislead people, much like NRS has done in the past with their fake character select shadows and stuff

idk I mean the entire roster has been leaked forever, the security around keeping secrets in that company has been pretty lame lately.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That Azreal one looks waaay too big and bulky to be him. I don't think theyd keep his cape in a silhouette. Plus what does he add that Robin doesn't already cover?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Kelp Plankton posted:

Keep in mind that those obvious shadows in the image are deliberately planted there, probably to mislead people, much like NRS has done in the past with their fake character select shadows and stuff

Jesus Christ I hope so, because I got a serious twinge of buyers remorse for the Ultimate Edition just now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

That Azreal one looks waaay too big and bulky to be him. I don't think theyd keep his cape in a silhouette. Plus what does he add that Robin doesn't already cover?

well I mean what does Red Hood add that Deadshot doesn't, or literally anyone else

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Yardbomb posted:

Would legit love something this dumb and out of nothing, though even better if it was Boreale or Diomedes or one of the others with real thick speech issues.

STEADY YOURSELF BRUTHAS, YOU HAVE CAPTAIN DIOMEDES.

He's a Chaplain now. Time has also been much less kind to him than Gabriel. Diomedes has a straight up skull-head now.

Which would work perfectly.

Reminder that Raiden was in an Unreal.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

KungFu Grip posted:

Part of me hopes against hope that the seemingly hooded lady is Spoiler and they just took off the cape for the silhouette. That will be what I cling to.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I was gonna be dumb and get the Ultimate edition but with that trailer and Tekken 7 coming out soon after I'll stick with the normal version for now I think.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

well I mean what does Red Hood add that Deadshot doesn't, or literally anyone else

Red Hood and Black Manta are both kind of offensive "why the everloving gently caress are these not just Premium Skins for existing characters." Hell, why would Raiden not just be a skin for Adam?! COME ON.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm hoping Azreal is actually Clayface. Hell, i'm hoping Red Hood is actually Clayface.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard Red Hood is going to be revealed to be the Arkham Knight

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Red hood is clayface, black manta is Shang Tsung

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

still standing by my idea that Random Select is just Clayface who transforms into a random character

Jimmy Hats posted:

Red hood is clayface, black manta is Shang Tsung

uh actually Red Hood is Rudy and Black Manta is Mad Max with an elaborate salvaged garbagemask

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I hope Red Hood is bottom tier and DT gets endlessly dunked on.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Raiden's silhouette is actually Johnny Cage, wearing yet another ridiculous costume for one of his movies.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Red Hood is really Clay Face but he's really really Shang Tsung but he's really really really Ms Martian but then it zooms out and it's really really really really just Blue Watchman(tm) staring at a snowglobe

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is the Elder Sub Zero?

Yeah I was going to question this; looks like his skin is black and the eyes look like MK9 Noob Saibot, so this could be Bi Han.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I guess the silver lining is that people are much more likely to bandwagon onto these three goobers so I can hopefully feel like less of a tool for trying to main Darkseid.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Not really related but it made me laugh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm really into that pack tbh. Starfire rules, I love Sub Zero because I'm actually 2 versions of my 10 year old self in a trenchcoat, and Red Hood could be fun.

Now when's Animal Man

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Supersonic Shine posted:

Raiden's silhouette is actually Johnny Cage, wearing yet another ridiculous costume for one of his movies.

I already posted this!!! Get your own theories!!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

you know what, I'd laugh my rear end off if the dude in the hat is actually just Kung Lao

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I'm really into that pack tbh. Starfire rules, I love Sub Zero because I'm actually 2 versions of my 10 year old self in a trenchcoat, and Red Hood could be fun.

Now when's Animal Man

Red Hood's the only one I don't like, because we already have a Gun Man and an angsty Robin. Starfire could be a fun zoner and Sub-Zero owns.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

Red Hood's the only one I don't like, because we already have a Gun Man and an angsty Robin. Starfire could be a fun zoner and Sub-Zero owns.

We also already have man who creates ice stuff too though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Crowetron posted:

There's also the "Jeezy Petes ANOTHER B-Money character?" factor to it.

After he got over himself, Todd is actually one of the least mopy of the Robins, definitely the most down to earth, least prone to navel gazing.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 5, 2017

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

We also already have man who creates ice stuff too though.

Yeah, but not one that's voiced by Steve Blum.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FunkMonkey posted:

There's also the "Jeezy Petes ANOTHER B-Money character?" factor to it.

After he got over himself, Todd is actually one of the least mopy of the Robins, definitely the most down to earth, least prone to navel gazing.

yea they are gonna need to do something big to set him apart. We have Gun Dude already, and now with this story we already have 'Robin who doesn't much care for Batman and is more hardline than Batman would like'.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Subzero owns, I wish it was bi han / noob saibot, but its too close the the blue steel subzero look for that to happen.

I imagine at least some of the silhouettes are fakeouts as is usual NRS style, Raiden and Manta are too obvious.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's Aqualad (Kaldur) in his dad's armor obv.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I really hope Cold and Sub-Zero's interaction have them absolutely hate each other.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To be fair there's like an infinite number of ways Red Hood could play. Sinestro and Green Lantern played way differently from each other in IJ1 even though they have basically the exact same superpower. I can't imagine Red Hood will be too similar to anyone in play style.

I know there's a meme on SA about Red Hood being lame but I'd rather have a billion more Batman characters than MK guys.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I phoned up my personal friend Edward Boon and he let slip that it's actually Art Lean in black manta's helmet

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

To be fair there's like an infinite number of ways Red Hood could play. Sinestro and Green Lantern played way differently from each other in IJ1 even though they have basically the exact same superpower. I can't imagine Red Hood will be too similar to anyone in play style.

I know there's a meme on SA about Red Hood being lame but I'd rather have a billion more Batman characters than MK guys.

I hope you're right. Hood could mix martial arts and guns while Deadshot could be more explicitly about blowing the crap out of people. I'm still not happy about it, but I definitely agree with you on the second point.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fadam posted:

Id rather have a billion more MK guys than one more batman character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FunkMonkey posted:

I hope you're right. Hood could mix martial arts and guns while Deadshot could be more explicitly about blowing the crap out of people. I'm still not happy about it, but I definitely agree with you on the second point.

He does make a fancy spin before jumping into fight at the end of the trailer

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'd rather have neither and they pick a character from one of DC's many other series.

Or Etrigan. That'd be nice.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Batman rules and the Batfamily features some of the best characters in comics. Mortal Kombat was lame until 2015.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I really want Raiden's ending to be a reveal that the Injustice universe is what happened after Raiden fiddled with the DCU, much like how New 52 was blamed on Dr. Manhattan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
How many of you are going to go with the gear that looks the best instead of using it for gameplay benefits?

• Locked thread